Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Old Hearts, Young Faces

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

The Temple on Coruscant was often a crowded place. After he visit to back home, she had a lot to think about. One day, she'd be on the Council. But if that meant she had to distance herself from Cathar, then maybe...

Maybe she was hungry. The kitchen was always a favorite spot for her, and a place where she could relax. She set up a small speaker on the island of the kitchen, tuning on some sort of old music, a reminder of her days as a rebel. Maybe it was nostalgia, maybe it was her way of unwinding. Either way, the Denik swayed to the music as she cooked, working on a steak she had been saving.

Tag: Katarine Ryiah Katarine Ryiah

Katarine was on her way to the kitchen. She had been staying at the temple on Coruscant for a few weeks now. Most of her time was spent meditating to try and retrieve the memories she had lost during stasis. She also frequented the archives to learn as much as she could about the galaxy during this time period.

When she entered the kitchen there was a young Cathar listening to music that made Kat stop. Slowly a memory came flooding back about the song. She had heard the song before!

“Excuse me, what is that you are listening to?”

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"It does have a catchy tune." Katarine could swear it sounded familiar, and given that the Cathar said it was from the Imperial era it very well could have been something Kat had heard before. This intrigued the woman.

"The Empire you say? I must say you look great for your age."

The corners of her mouth turned up at her joke.

"What are you making?"

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Katarine chuckled. She had spent some time on Dathomir and although she couldn’t remember everything in her past she did believe that the Witches would have found a way to make skin look better.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you. My name is Katarine. You can call me Kat. Most people do.”

She took a seat on the counter across from where the meal was being prepared.

“How long have you been with the New Jedi Order?”

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"And here I thought I was the only Cat in the building." Jonyna snickered, casually flipping her steak with ease on the pan. "About...what, almost a year now? Gotten my own two paddies since then. Finally feel like I've actually earned my Knight status, instead of my mom and a force ghost knighting me outside of my house on Cathar. What about you? How long you been around?"

Kat chuckled at the Cathars joke. It appeared there was now indeed another cat roaming around the Temple.

“A few years but I only recently got to the Jedi. They found me frozen in carbonite on Naboo during the netherworld crisis. I spent three years in Theed combating hybernation sickness. Then I came here. I’ve only been at the New Jedi Order a few months. I like it though. It’s nice to see such a large Jedi presence in the universe.”

She watched as the woman cooked casually with ease. Cooking was a talent the alien Jedi seemed to have.

“Padawans you say? Who are you training?”

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"No Chit? When you from originally? Last I checked, I went into the ice around...what, 2 BBY? I think that's what they call it now." She smiled, taking in the scent of the cooking meat. "Hand me the green, orange, and pink spice bottles from the shelf over there, please? I'm gonna season the chit out of this thing." She smiled at the mention of her padawans though. "Rayia and Ko. Both smart kids, even if they're prone to some issues. Ko keeps trying to throw his weapons at the enemy, even if I've told him twice now that's a bad idea..."

b66qcMh.png

DYnZ0fN.png

Tags: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Katarine got up and went to the shelf to get the spices that Jonyna requested. She brought them back and sat them on the counter as she listened about the padawans. She had trained her fair share of padawans, though the hybernation sickness had made her memories a little fuzzy. She could remember some training sessions however.

"I was born 44 years before the battle of Yavin." She whistled and shook her head. "We sound old. I think Valery Noble has us beat though. She fought for the old Republic."

It was weird to see how often Jedi from other time period could end up here. She wondered if scientists were studying this phenomenon.

b66qcMh.png

DYnZ0fN.png

Katarine chuckled at Jonyna's excitement. "Master Yoda trained many of the younglings and he sat on the council but most of us were never important enough to interact with him directly. They won't write any epic tales of the Ryiah Family the way they did the Skywalkers."

She was just an average Jedi living an average life nine hundred years past her prime after all.

"I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend though. Did he get frozen as well?"

b66qcMh.png

DYnZ0fN.png

Katarine could not believe the Cathar Jedi’s energy or the bold way she talked. It was almost like some of the padawans who were still mastering their energy. Or maybe it was the hopeful happiness of youth. When had that been beaten out of Kat herself she wondered? But Jonyna’s energy was charged and fun to be around. She could see why the padawans wanted to train with the woman.

“Oh .. no. In my day we didn’t really allow attachments. I’m still getting used to this new … way of doing things.”

Of course Kat couldn’t remember most of her life right now. There was a blond man who kept cropping into her dreams and he felt somehow familiar but she just couldn’t place him. Surely not a boyfriend though? Such things had been forbidden. Of course after Order 66 all the rules went out the window. Who knows.

“Maybe I’ll meet some dashing fellow one of these days. Feels a lot like robbing the cradle though with the nine hundred year age difference. “

She chuckled.

b66qcMh.png

DYnZ0fN.png

Katarine felt her cheeks go red. Clubbing? Shopping? Did Jedi do these things now? Back when she served the Republic most Jedi had a lightsaber, a set of clothes and maybe a blaster to their name. The really fancy ones might have a ship or a droid but even those were often for the entire Temples use. She felt a little dizzy and she thought about how much things had changed, and decided to sit down again.

“Do the Jedi really go shopping now? And clubbing? It’s all so different than before.”

She rubbed her head and pushed her long brown hair behind her ears.

“That’s why everyone wears a different style? They no longer give out basic robs?”

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Oh they still do. I just don't know anyone who....wears them. Mine are on my ship somewhere. I wear them when I'm training." She shrugs. "And yeah, sure. We're jedi, not shamans. We go do what we want, then we go do jedi things when they need us. Val and I went to the beach last week with a few others. I got to surf."

b66qcMh.png

DYnZ0fN.png

The Jedi had often been called monks in her days so to hear that they were no longer thought of that was odd.

“Hang on the beach? I went too! I saw Master Noble reading and kids playing some ball game. I guess that was pretty fun.”

She smiled at the memory.

“Do you like to surf then?”

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"On water? Not so much. Not enough control. But I'm at home in the trees, and treesurfing is a past time of mine. Getting a feel for the forest, leaping from branch to branch, it's thrilling. I could teach you sometime." Jonyna chuckled. "What about you? What's Katarine do for Fun?" She teased, a playful smirk painted across her face.

b66qcMh.png

DYnZ0fN.png

“Tree surfing. That sounds interesting.” She could remember some movie with a man who did that. He grew up with apes or something. Tarzan? Maybe that was what he was called.

“I always enjoyed holo shows. Though I’m not sure I know any recent films. I love seafood too.”

Wow she sounded kind of boring. Honestly it was difficult to remember things. Hybernation sickness had almost killed her and had left her mind blank.

“I think I would enjoy swimming. It’s hard to remember. They said my memory was disturbed by stasis. “

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom