Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OH to be Older than Dirt (Mandalorians, Dominion of the Wheel)

Malcom had arrived to the party late. But better late than never he supposed. There were a lot of people at the event that marked another year passing for their aged field marshal. A smirk flashed across his face as he looked on at the different types of people in attendance. It was surprising in his mind to see so many even from the Republic here. Relations between the two nations had been fairly strained recently. But then Strider and his clan had always been closer to the Republic than many of the other clans, so he supposed it made sense.

The Jedi and seemingly important looking woman speaking with him, he had never seen before. His eyes did come across a few people he had seen recently, though. That of [member="Rawnie Tal'verda"] and her chiss boy toy [member="Doctor Azure"]. He'd give them both a polite nod before likewise heading toward the bar. Once he had a drink in hand, he would start to look at who there was to really mingle with.

[member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"]

Objective: Eat Cake
Allies: Party Goers - [member="Malcom Renolds"] | [member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"]

The last time Kenna had attended a party she had been a little girl. It had been her sister's thirteenth birthday and mom had made a big cake for Marly. She remembered frosting it herself before proudly presenting it to her sister. It had been the best party ever, a memory that made her smile as she stood in front of Strider's cake. Cutting a slice of the delicious looking cake Kenna grabbed a fork before looking for any friendly faces.

Scanning the crowd she didn't see many familiar faces at all which didn't surprise her. She didn't know many of the Mandalorians as she was new to most everything. Kenna had gotten training on talking to strangers but here there were no targets. This was supposed to be a social gathering which for her was awkward. In the corner she saw [member="Strider Garon"] or rather she figured that was the birthday boy with all the people surrounding him. Later she would need to congratulate him but for now cake.

"Have you tried this cake? It's delicious." It had only taken a few steps for her to find herself at Malcolm's side. Hopefully he could introduce her to others.

Objective: Drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and then we'll drink some more!
Allies: Mandos | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"]

Malcom gave a small chuckle but shook his head. "Nope. I have not. Never been much for desserts after being a kid." Holding up the 'Reactor Core' drink that had managed to finally get into his hand, Malcom continued. "This is normally my dessert of choice." He finished with a smirk as he took a drink of the strong beverage. "What kind is it? Out of idle curiosity." The man did ask. He might have some depending on what it was.

"Ya know." He then started. "Probably a good thing they don't have a dance floor. I'd have to beat Strider off of you if he got sight of you out there. Wouldn't really be fitting to knock the birthday boy out at his own party." He added with a laugh as he took another swig of his drink.

Allies: Party Goers - [member="Malcom Renolds"] | [member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"]

"Can we have cake at our wedding?" She questioned taking another bit of the cake. Sweets and such she knew were not his sort of thing but they were something that Kenna liked. Even though she would be the bride Kenna had this idea in her head of making her own cake. She had a picture in her mind of what it would look and taste like which would go wonderfully with the beer. "We'll have plenty of booze too don't worry." It wouldn't be a Mando party without plenty of alcohol and a fight or well at least that was what she had heard.

Kenna was a lightweight so she tended to nurse one to two drinks during an event. There was no need for her to get herself plastered and acting like a fool. It wasn't lady like or becoming at all plus most of the time when she drank she was out on business.

"It tastes like a white cake with buttercream frosting. It's a little plain for me but still really good. Wanna try a piece?" She questioned holding out a piece for him to try. He should at least try the cake. It would be a good judge of what he may like in terms of cake. "It's too bad they don't, we could show off for them." She grinned remembering the time they tangoed.

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Rawnie accidentally made eye contact with [member="Malcom Renolds"] . Awkward. She felt her cheeks go red, so she took a deep sip of her drink, hoping that people would assume she was flushed because of the alcohol. Yeah. She could-

Oh... Her glass was empty. She finished her entire drink in one go. That was... troubling. She let her empty glass clink on the bar top.

"I'm going to talk to him," she announced, standing up.

Bravery. She needed to be brave. Just go over to [member="Strider Garon"] . Wish him another year. Then they could leave.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Objective: Drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and then we'll drink some more!
Allies: Mandos | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Rawnie Tal'verda"] | [member="Doctor Azure"]

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Rawnie suddenly blush when she realized who it was that nodded her way....and then downed her drink. "Ok...guess I'm still living that mission down...", he thought almost annoyingly to himself, as he remembered the last time they had been together. "Good god, get over it already." Turning back to Kenna, he refocused.

"I'll tell you what darlin'. You make one layer rum flavored and you can have the rest of cake be whatever you like." He declared with a smile. He had nothing against doing a few of the traditions that weren't necessarily Mandalorian by nature. Especially since she was basically adopting and conforming to his so well. He figured it would make things a bit more interesting as well. When she inquired if he wanted to try a piece, the man simply shrugged his shoulders. "Sure." Taking a bite, he savored the flavor for a moment and nodded. "Aye not bad."

When she suggested they could show off their dance moves. He almost choked on the cake. "Sorry. I'm not sure Mandalorian society would really appreciate that sort of thing." He paused thinking of her in that dress she wore. "Mmmm.....then again.....maybe they would." He chuckled not sure if she realized what he meant. Though his mind lingered a bit longer on the image of her in that dress.

Objective: Mingle
Allies: Party Goers - [member="Malcom Renolds"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"]

"Are you thinking naughty thoughts again, Aniki?" Shae asked teasingly as she brushed past Malcom and Kenna, using the term 'Aniki' from her native language to mean 'older brother' since she had been adopted into his clan, even though she was by far older than he. Since getting engaged to Kenna, 'naughty' seemed to be Malcom's default expression when they weren't working, and Shae loved to tease them both about it. She had known they were intimate long before he freed Kenna and asked her to marry him, Shae could smell them all over each other sometimes, and even his most innocent glances at Kenna carried a concern for more than a slave or a member of his team, and Shae was ever so observant, though she never pointed it out. They were keeping things quiet so she respected that, but now that the proverbial cat was out of the bag, she couldn't help but poke the surly Mando from time to time.

Objective: ...Why am i even here?
Allies: Other Party people / [member="Shae Kalin"] [member="Malcom Renolds"] [member="Kenna Raine"]

'...Why am i here again?' Was Kourin's first thought when Malcom had brought them all here to this party. Sure it made sense for him, Kenna, and Shae to be here, but this little street rat felt more then just a bit out of place. Partly because, compared to Malcom's armor, Shae's usual appearance, and not counting Kenna in her dress, he himself only had a light flak-vest on over a short sleved shirt. And don't even get him started on the other Mando's in the room. He could handle people, sure, and even large crowds. But this place gave this Rat a headache. On his right shoulder was a patch with Malcom's house emblem.

After a moment of being separated and looking around for a familiar face, he saw Shae, walking over to her. "A face i know finally... Anything interesting going on exactly?" He asked her in a slightly bored tone while looking around. He was his usual on the short side, youthful looking self.

"What do you think of rum banana cake? It will be both the cake I want and the Mandalorian tradition of booze." She smiled back at him. Kenna was learning all she could about the culture and family she would be marrying into. She was even learning the language which for now she kept as a secret. Kenna wanted to be able to recite the vows in Mandalorian.

She could only wink at his last statement. Kenna had a good idea as to what was going through his head. She never would forget that night together when they turned a new leaf on their relationship. The dress was something special as well and not something she had wore since. She doubted it would happen anytime before they were wed.

"I think he is," Kenna giggled at Shae. She considered Shae her sister even though they weren't as of yet. She had always been kind to and treated her as a member of the crew even when she was the help. If there was such thing as a maid of honor she would be it.

"There is cake and booze." She stated turning to Rat whom had come to join them. It was nice to have the crew here. Even if parties like this were not their forte. "Both are very good." She nodded grabbing her first drink of the night.

Allies: Mandos | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Rawnie Tal'verda"] | [member="Doctor Azure"]

Noting Rawnie was now heading to see Strider, he let out a small sigh of relief. "Oh good. Maybe he'd get out of this without another yelling match after all...hopefully." That's all he needed. Something more to have to explain to Kenna who would probably at first have totally the wrong idea.

As he caught what his bride to be suggested for their cake he smiled widely. "Sounds perfect!" Finally a dessert he could really get behind. What a perfect suggestion.

Hearing the tease from his 'sister', he shot a smirk her way. "Quiet you!" He said obviously in a playful tone. "I haven't the foggiest idea what either of you are talking about!" Malcom finished, feigning a look of complete and total innocence.

It was then he noticed the voice of his favorite slicer. "There you are Rat! And what do you mean? It's a party! Usually people come to these pesky things to relax and have some fun. I mean if you really want, I'm sure I can hit one of the drunk mandos around here and blame it on you..." He said with a shrug. "...You know...since you really seem to be looking for a bit more excitement." A near feral smirk flashed across his face as he pondered whether he should actually do it, just for kicks if nothing else.

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Objective: ... re-visit the past
Allies: [member="Doctor Azure"]

Sweet stars above, this was so awkward. Why did he have to be here? She glanced at Lorane. Soawkwardsoawkwardsoawkward! Why did her ex have to be here? And why did he have to look at her?! She... had to say something. But he was talking to a different woman... It would be rude to hit him now.

Feth it.

"Just a sec, Lor'ika," she mumbled, "I have a bug to squash."

The alcohol gave her just the push she needed. Without a word further to her fiance, she walked right up to [member="Malcom Renolds"] . After all these years... he couldn't even be bothered to SPEAK TO HER!? Coward. She hated cowards.

"Long time no see, Mal," she said, voice cold as the frigid north she was born in. Then she aimed a heavy punch right at his cheek.

Even being completely untrained in the force as he was, he could still suddenly feel the temperature in the room drop. At least he thought it was the temperature. Really is was just his instincts telling him something bad was about to happen. His smirk faded as he turned just in time to catch a fist to the face from his old flame. She always did have a strong sucker punch that one.

Malcom growled in pain as he staggered backwards from the blow. "Ad be a yialeti'r!" He reflexively said as he managed to keep his balance and steady his stance. Cracking his neck, he leveled and angry gaze to Rawnie. "Well kark it all Rawnie, apparently not long enough. Feth! What was that for!?" His tone quite easily shifted to match hers. She was way off base with this one. She seemed to have forgotten he had more reason to be pissed with her. "Asas Ni juha na, bic cuyir gar ibac ba'slanar."

The man had seriously no clue what he could have possibly done now to deserve that sort of reception. "Not sure I deserved that." Was definitely the expression running through his mind just then. Especially since it seemed she had moved on just fine herself. That was the last such hit she'd ever get though, he could promise her that one.

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
She hit hard. Her mother had taught her. Echani training and all that. Her mother was the last surviving Fenni, after all. That wasn't anything to sneeze at. He would know. It wasn't the first time she punched him. Nor, did she think, would it be the last.

...But not tonight. She was preeeettty sure she broke her finger. She shook her hand once, tried to flex her fingers. Nope Absolutely broken. Her ring finger was in need of a cast. Well. It didn't hurt bad enough to fuss over. Not in front of him. She had to be hard as ice and cold as the north.

" Ni ! ? Gar narir va partaylir me'bana , narir gar ?"

She eyed the woman up and down, tossed her white/blonde hair. She didn't care that much. Honestly, it made sense. He was always good with the women. After all... he got her to date him. That took something... special. She flashed a smile, her mood instantly lightening. Sometimes, all she needed to do was hit something. In some cases, like this one, it was simply how she said hello.

"Well! That made me feel so much better!" she laughed, holding out her uninjured hand to him, "Su cuy'gar, di'kut? Jate, jate. I'd hate for someone else to kill you."

That... had been an old joke of theirs. That one day she'd get sick of him and shoot him. Kind of a bitter joke now, under the circumstances. She did have a bit of a morbid sense of humor.

....And now things were awkward. Or they would be, of his sense of humor wasn't what it used to be.

[member="Malcom Renolds"] [member="Doctor Azure"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay bowed her head to [member="Strider Garon"] as she was introduced by [member="Daren Silvari"]. "Happy birthday....I'm not sure if you like brandy, sir, but I can have a case of Commenor's own coveted brand if you wish." She didn't want to seem as though she had arrived entirely empty handed. So it was nice to think of something spur of the moment.

She glanced about the room, searching the faces of those in the crowd for [member="Faith Balor-Organa"]. Hopefully she was okay.

Objective: Defend a man's honor
Allies: Party Goers - [member="Malcom Renolds"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]

Shae stepped up with a growl after some bimbo decided to take a swing at her new brother. She had a rudimentary understanding of Mando'a, something she was working on now that she was adopted into Malcom's clan, but she managed to pick up on the fact that these two had once been an item.

"If you intend to endanger his life, I think you'll find a great deal of opposition from me, not to mention his fiancé who you've just publicly embarrassed, and that does not sit well with me," Shae said to Rawnie in an icy tone, though she was burning to set this woman on fire. "Although I must say, my brother does have good taste, you are stunning, and were I the sort to accept his hand-me-downs I might even consider throwing down with you. Though he definitely traded up when he found Kenna."

"A bug to- ahhhh, that makes sense."

Lor would've bet money right there that the man who'd nodded at him had at the very least done something to Rawnie... But their attitude suggested old friends, or something like that. Was he supposed to go over there, or let her deal with it herself? Either way, he needed a drink. The bartender gaped at him in disbelief as he drank the whole pint of the green acidic Gargle Blaster and walked away from the bar.

Compared to Lorane, the guy looked like a wreck. He looked... grizzled, both his armor and the thing he probably tried to refer to as a beard. He laughed hard when Rawnie punched the guy in the face, and then walked over to say hello.

"Na, csei cart lassibi ch'at g'enraszah. Hi."

Then he heard the wolf girl. His red eyes turned on her in a glare that usually meant somebody was going to die suddenly.

"Insulting her isn't a good way to ensure your continued breathing, puppy.

[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"] [member="Malcom Renolds"] [member='Shae Kalin']

((The following is spoken in mandoa. I'm not on my comp and don't have my translator currently))

Malcolm's response came swiftly on the heels of Shae's comment. As amazing as it might be to watch the two woman throw down right there. It was not his goal. He didn't want to embarrass Kenna, or hell for that matter even Rawnie's current interest. "I'd suggest walking away before you embarrass yourself further. Wouldn't want him thinking you're not over me any more than he probably already is." His tone was still icy cold, but he knew how proud Rawnie was.

If Shae got out of that comment scott free, he would be surprised indeed.

[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Doctor Azure"]

((Crap. Sorry, can't edit right now. Driving.))

Objective: Cat fight?
Allies: Party Goers - [member="Malcom Renolds"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Rawnie Tal'verda"] | [member="Doctor Azure"]

Huh... And here Shae thought it was every man's secret fantasy to see a cat fight in the hopes of witnessing clothes flying or the possibility of an accidental kiss. Wasn't this man at all concerned with what happened between Malcom and Rawnie to make her behave this way in public? Did no one here have any sense of decorum?

"For your information, whelp, I am a fox," Shae stated simply, narrowing her eyes at the Chiss. "And if this is going to degrade into fighting, the least we could do is make it a show for the birthday boy and order a vat of jello for us to wrestle in."

Objective: O.O
Allies: Party Goers - [member="Malcom Renolds"] | [member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"][member="Doctor Azure"] | [member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]

Kenna stood back and just watched for a moment as the exchange between Malcolm and that other woman take place. She couldn't understand much of what took place due to the language barrier but she wasn't stupid. This was a scorn ex lover.

She had figured there had other girls before her. He wasn't a hermit after all and a nice guy like him of course woman would like. In the end though he had chosen her and this woman was what, upset?

It was best she felt to just stay out of it. Setting the bottle and cake down she took a step back feeling as she felt her face begin to flush turning a light red especially when she the other woman looked her over. Kenna knew that type of look very well.

It wasn't long before Shae had inserted herself into the argument and began defending her family. She appreciated it but she didn't want to start a fight here. Couldn't Malcolm and that woman just get over it?

As Kenna stood there unsure what to say to make anything better she couldn't help but wonder if something like this would happen at their wedding. Another scorn ex or perhaps this one again.

Things were quickly getting out of hand. What was nothing more than an argument between Rawnie and himself, was now quickly becoming a huge group affair. I mean, how the hell did jello get into this!? Not that he wouldn't find the spectacle amusing of course. Still, it would be rather awkward Kenna, even for himself quite frankly.

Stepping in between Shae, Rawnie, and whoever blue man group was, he held up his hands to calm things down. "Whoa, whoa. Let's calm down. Geez Shae. I mean really? Jello?" He couldn't but smirk just the same. "Even we Mandos have codes of conduct at parties...". Giving Shae a quick wink to show he wasn't actually mad at her, he then instantly spun around landing a round house punch across Rawnie's own face this time.

Hoping to send her sprawling to the floor, he'd walk over to wherever she ended up and hold out a hand. An annoyed smirk on his face. " I still say I'd be the one to kill you first." Finally responding to their old joke which used to mean more than it did today. "But you're right. I do feel better. Think we can leave well enough alone now? Things have changed."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom