Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh the places you will go

star_wars_bar.0.jpg

Kian Karr watched the place from the darkness of the alley. The dark robes and cowl over his head helped to keep him hidden in the shadows to those passing by. He could not help but notice that many of the people who walked down the street gave the Cantina before him a wide berth.

You sure can pick them, Eliza. Kian thought to himself shaking his head. He was not even sure Eliza was planning on meeting him here. Kian had been underground for so long and so much had happened...for all he knew Eliza was dead and he was walking into a trap. The Republic had fallen once again and once more, Kian was not there to help defend it. In his youth he had been of service, but he could not help but feel that in his old age he was becoming obsolete.

And he felt old. Sixty years old was not necessarily old by human standards, but it was a respectable old age for a Kel Dor...certainly not ancient but Kian still felt it in his bones. He felt it in the way he recovered from missions such as his last, which saw him captured and tortured. He flexed his left hand, the mechanical hand looking so real but feeling so different. Kian had fallen into a trap on his last mission, cornered by a number of Dark Jedi assassins. The fight had been brutal and while Kian took out a number of his assailants, the fight ended with Kian in custody and his left arm below the elbow laying in a dark alley such as this. Kian had been stupid, he'd underestimated the Dark Jedi because he'd always held more esteem for Sith....but those Dark Jedi had been organized and prepared.

Pulling the cowl tighter over his head, Kian crossed the street before him at the next break in foot traffic and entered the Cantina. He did not look at anyone as he headed back towards an empty chamber, but he was stretching out with the force, seeking out any senses of threat or animosity directed toward him. Feeling none, he settled into the corner seat, partial obscured by shadows, and watched the crowd before him. Drunks, gamblers, criminals. Kian smiled beneath his anti-ox mask. It was just the sort of establishment he would expect to meet Eliza and the type of place he had come to truly appreciate over the long years of his service to the Jedi Order. Kian watched as a darkly colored serving droid made its way to his table. Without saying a word the droid placed a small earpiece and data chip on the table before whirling away and heading to the next table.

Kian placed the datachip into his datapad and placed the ear piece in. "It is about time you got here." Said the accented voice on the other line. "I was detained." Kian said, not giving more detail than that.

"I'm sure," Eliza said and sighed, "You've been missed Kian. But we can not talk long. I'm not sure how secure this line will remain. The datachip you have highlights the Shadows operations as of late. We are virtually gone. Scattered after the fall of the Remnant."

"I feared as much when I could not tap into many of my old contact lines." Kian said.

"Yes, the Gnost Dural is gone. We had to abandon it when the Sith struck." Eliza said and Kian could hear the sorrow in her voice. The Gnost Dural had been her, and the Shadows home, for decades. "We lost many....but we are not all gone."

"Is that why you wanted me on Correllia?" Kian asked scanning the room.

"Yes....stay put. I'm sure your presence on Correllia has not gone unnoticed. The Green Jedi Order is located there....I think it is our best hope. I'll get together those I can and regroup there is a few weeks. Goodbye Kian, and may the force be with you." Eliza finished and before Kian could say anything he heard the line go dead.

Kian sat back and glanced at the datapad before him, but kept his main attention on the patrons around him. Kian had never known Correllia to be a safe haven before....but he trusted his people and if Eliza said this was the place to be, here he would stay.

Quinvee Dogen

Q
The weekend was in full swing, his paper was done, his manuscript submitted and a bottle of Corellian Honey Whiskey was in his massive hand. He stumbled through this hole in the wall, a place frequented by smugglers and other neerdowells and spotted a man in a cloak, trying to be inconspicuous. Quin however was a scholar of the Force, a strong believer in the age old good vs evil, Jedi vs Sith and so he recognized the robes, if only drunkenly.

The big man slid into a seat next to him, his meaty hand thudding on the bar and the bottle clinking loudly, mixing with the sound of the bar around them. He gave the room an over-exaggerated shifty look and then lifted his hand to cover his mouth.

"Hey mister...You some kinda Jedi?"
[member="Kian Karr"]

Kian felt a sudden attention on him through the force and when he lifted his eyes from the datapad to look at the approaching man, he blinked several times to ensure he was seeing correctly. Approaching him was, without a doubt, the largest Mirialan he had ever seen in his life. As the man approached, Kian probed the man with the force but felt no ill will....although certainly a strong enough force user could hide their intent.

"Hey mister...You some kinda Jedi?" ​The man said sliding into a seat beside Kian. Kian smiled broadly beneath the mask.

"What are you drinking?" Kian asked waving over the serving droid. "I'll buy the first round." Kian said dodging the question.

"I'm Kian by the way." Kian said pausing for the man to introduce himself.

[member="Quinvee Dogen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom