Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Oh Lord, What Have You to Tell Us?

"I'm not the leader." Lori snickered. The rest of what Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin had said, she wasn't going to argue with. "I'm just the Captain of my crew. We're joining a cause that we didn't start. It's just that I'm...not as secrative about it as others need to be."

She watched him stroll to the other side of the room, while Arla busied herself with other things. Curtis was wonderful and she considered herself lucky to have him. People don't tend to stick around, yet he did, and she was grateful.

"Oh gosh, Minna! She's the best hunter that I know! We've gotta get her in on this!" Minna Balin Minna Balin was the adopted daughter of Ghorua the Shark Ghorua the Shark , a very close friend to her Mom, both of which were great at their jobs. Lori walked over to the communications panel where Arla was and accessed Minna's secure holomail:

Hey Minna! It's Lori! I got a job for ya and you should check out what I bought! I'll send you the co-ordinates. Better to talk in person, ya know? I miss ya!

See you soon!

Lori.

LE-03 (Leigh) LE-03 (Leigh) Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an

EQUIPMENT: IN BIO
CURRENT OBJECTIVE: READ THE MAIL

Minna the Fish, hunter extraordinaire, sat with her feet propped up on a table, balancing a cup of tea precariously between her legs as she tapped on her datapad. She was off the job right now, with a bit of a dry spell clogging up her revinue, and had decided to come home. The home she had known for 18 years of her life, the home she'd grown up in, had done so many firsts within. The Cabin.

She still lived here, even though she could easily move anywhere in the galaxy she wanted. Her father had said as much. Said that she could stay as long as she wanted, but she should find her own little corner of the galaxy to terrorize. The thing was, Minna didn't have any reason to leave. She loved her dad, and wanted to stay with him as long as she could. Eventually, she'd leave when she made a name for herself, but for now, she wasn't ready to say goodbye.

BEEP.

When Minna saw the name on the pad, she jerked excitedly to the side, spilling some tea on her leg. It would have hurt more if it hadn't been sitting there, unsipped, for forty five minutes. She grabbed the tea from her lap and placed it on the table, sitting up, and reading the message in it's entirety. Then reading it again.

//TO: LORI
Of course! I miss you too. If there's a job you need done, you called the right girl. The best bounty hunter in the galaxy is on the case. Where should I meet you?//

Minna leapt up from her seated position, and power-walked into her room, where she began to gather her equipment. She left a message for her dad, and began the long jog to civilization, and to a ship she could rent. If Lori needed her help, she would be there.

Lori was quick to send Minna Balin Minna Balin the co-ordinates to her hidden base to go along with her message:

Minna,

I've got a neat little place. Perfect for flying, meditating, training, the works! And wait till you see my armour! It's wicked! Oh! And I got a special someone for you to meet too. His name is Curtis. A real dreamboat really, but don't say that out loud...lol

See you when you get here and we'll talk shop!

Lori.

Of course the tone of the visit was going to be much dimmer than what she portrayed. But it was all for deception purposes in case her messages were intercepted. Just how Minna was going to react to Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin , she didn't know. But hopefully good.

Now all that she had to do was to convince the asset that her secrets were safe with Minna too. That is, once the asset got there.

LE-03 (Leigh) LE-03 (Leigh) Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an

Wanderer Lost, Wanderer Found
The problem with Ultranaut helmets, Na'an decided, was that for all the tech they contained, they were ugly as hell.
She'd donned the headgear shortly after arriving on Coveway , only after the rest of the shuttle's occupants had filtered their way out and into the markets. Even the 'friend of the Empress' Leigh had given attached her to as an alibi was nowhere to be seen--whatever strings the droid had had to pull to make this lie work, Na'an couldn't even imagine. As the mouthpiece settled over her lips, she prayed it wasn't too many. The Eclipse needed their Voice more than they needed her.

Those thoughts, however, were momentarily suppressed as she slipped out of the shuttle and made her way through the Markets. The natives of Coveway's capital city were enough used to the sight of Ultranauts that the goggled helmet seemed to work as perfect camouflage, even if the person wearing it was a foot too short and not wearing the matching armor. Nobody dared to even look in her direction, let alone touch her. It seemed that even here, everyone knew the cost of displeasing an Imperial, even a little. Even by accident.

The helmet thankfully filtered Na'an's sigh of frustration at the thought. She placed an uneasy hand on the small of her back, where her clothes hid the mag-sheath she kept there. Through the layers of cloth, she could feel the smooth lines of the metal cylinder she'd placed in its grasp. And inside that, a comforting pulse like a tiny warm heartbeat...

Na'an paused momentarily at that, a little surprised. Huh. Since when could she feel the crystal with that much sensitivity, even inside its casing?

She...should probably tell somebody about that when she got back.

Na'an shook the moment from her head and continued, double-checking the comms at her wrist. Whatever it was, it had to wait until the mission was done. Leigh had given her explicit instructions--go to the coordinates given, make contact, obey all orders until Malleus was taken care of. The coordinates led to an old-looking warehouse on the outskirts of town. Na'an adjusted her helmet as she approached, making sure that the vocal converted was properly aligned before banging loudly on the first entrance she could see. "Safety inspector," she boomed through the helmet's speakers. "Open up in the name of the Empire."

It wouldn't be smart to just walk up to the front door and announce herself as a Rebel asset. Public pretense, Leigh was fond of saying these days, was their most reliable weapon.

Last edited:
At the exact same time that Vidalu Na'an stepped off her shuttle, a woman with similar reasons for being on Coveway stepped off an entirely different shuttle. The woman wore heavy durasteel armor, the armaments of a bounty hunter. Jetpak, pistols, wrist weapons, the works. She looked dangerous, ready for a fight. She even wore her helmet, covering her features, and obscuring her identity.

Minna Balin pondered, not for the first time, the merits of getting her own ship. Upkeep costs were an issue, but she was getting tired of public transport. Besides, all the famous hunters had their own famous ships, and she needed to get her name out there to be counted among them.

Although, for this particular job, she figured the more low-key option was the better one. The way Lori sent her second message... it didn't sit right with Minna. Too bubbly, too flighty, even for the Little Lady. It meant that this was serious.

She wouldn't be surprised if the job was connected to the recent attacks on Bakura, on Minna's home. The thought left a sour taste in her mouth.

Minna walked along, inspecting the Nest Holding's Base with interest, taking note of the various warehouses and company crates. She wasn't quite sure what she was looking for, but she figured she'd know it when she saw it.

Then she heard the loud calls of someone. An Imperial Inspector, by the sound of it. Trouble.

Minna sent a short reply to Loreena, letting her know that she was on planet and ready to meet up, and stalked along the edges of the buildings, careful to stay out of sight. And she watched.

The front building of the warehouse was as it was meant to be; showcasing that of a food processing plant that was under construction. There were crates and machines everywhere, plus conveyer belts, coolers and ovens. Yet it seemed to be coming together nicely.

Today was a weekend off for the crews however. It was the reason she chose it to meet up with others. It meant that there was less people to overhear them.

The banging on the door echoed across the warehouse. Arla was right on it. "Stay here. I'll see to our guest."

"Ohhh fine. Just remember that we're expecting people too. No need to scare everyone off." Lori knew how Arla could be. Intimidating, cold, and she was strong. There were times when she scared off potential employers. Hopefully the same wouldn't happen while they were working for this cause.

As Arla made her way to the front, Lori got the message from Minna Balin Minna Balin and grinned. She sent her a reply back, letting her know to come to see her when she's settled.

Arla approached the door and opened it, eyeing Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an with curiosity instead of the underlaying suspicion from within. "What business would the Empire have here? Unless they are planning on acquiring this business?"

Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin

The woman who answered the door was not one Na'an recognized. Best to keep up the act, then, for the moment; she puffed up her chest and crossed her arms, letting the vocal converter do the rest of the work. "Manufacturing in this sector is under the purview of the Eternal Empire, and thus is subject to periodic safety inspections. Any business owner in this city with half the sense of a mynock knows that."

Inwardly, she wanted to cringe at herself for saying something so damned pompous. Imperial entitlement left such a bad taste in the mouth, even faked; it was probably for the best that the goggled helmet hid all expression. "So are you going to let me in," she drawled, "or not? I don't have all day to make this report."

Arla folded her arms across her chest as she studied Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an , raising a brow at the statement of the Empire having jurisdiction in this sector. "The Empire is branching out to Coveway, are they? Good to know." The coined phrase was picked out easily enough, to which Arla gave her a smirk before stepping to the side and inclining her head. "Hurry up. The sooner you start, then the sooner you can leave."

Once Na'an was inside, she closed the door. Minna Balin Minna Balin was yet to arrive, as far as she was aware. But still, she needed to show the asset to her boss. "This way. The Captain's expecting you." Only in front of Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin or K Kaine Australis would Arla refer to Lori by name. All others would see her only refer to her as Captain. She led Na'an through the processing plant and down to the war room where Lori and Curtis were.

Lori was pouring over her holopad, sipping a fizzy drink while sitting on top of a desk cross-legged. Hearing the two enter, she was slightly disappointed that Minna wasn't there. "Hey..." That was all that she could think of to say at the moment.

Luckily, Minna wasn't far behind.

Once Vidalu entered the building, Minna moved for it. She didn't want to blow Lori's cover, but if an imperial agent was here, she might want some backup. Helmet fastened to her head, the young Balin walked up to the building.

But the door was closed now. Minna studied it for a second, before checking her surroundings, and extending her hand.

She reached out to the mechanisms of the door. And she tripped them.

The door opened before her, and Minna stepped in, quiet as a mouse. She closed the door behind her again, and followed the footsteps of the two beings, through the power plant, and down to the war-room.

She hesitated before the door a second, before leaning on the doorframe, and removing her helmet. She wasn't here to intrude. Just to help.

Na'an kept her eyes on Arla's back as she was led down the hall, counting the boot clicks from the front door to the office where 'the Captain' was apparently waiting for her. As they walked, she wondered if the task would be attended to here, or at some other, smaller location. The wide expanses and high ceilings certainly worked to her advantage if it came to blades, but such a large space might be difficult to secure with anything smaller than a full squad. Did the Eclipse already have that many recruits to spare on an intelligence mission?

If that were so, Leigh's message had farther reach than even the droid knew. Na'an allowed herself a warm glow of pride at the thought as Arla pushed open the door, allowing her through to meet Loreena Arenais.

The Face of the Rebellion was lounging on top of the office desk, poring over a holopad and chewing on a straw. Apparently, in environments more relaxed than being kidnapped on an enemy ship, she kept things quite casual. Was it to contrast the stark militarism of the Empire. Either way, Na'an had to put on a good showing. She snapped to attention, back ramrod-straight and arms crossed behind. "I'm here on request from the Voice," she said briskly. "Ready to move on your order. I hope you don't mind my keeping the helmet--I couldn't get a better one on such short notice."
She wondered vaguely if Miss Arenais would be able to recognize her. It seemed unlikely--their encounter on Abbaji had been so short, and it wasn't like she was showing her face.

Lori chuckled to herself as Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an seemed to take on the stance of a soldier on parade. "At ease. I'm not so formal with my crew. Save that for the missions at hand."

She set down the holopad and drink before slipping off the desk so that she could at least seem a bit official. And that was when she spotted Minna Balin Minna Balin . Lori grinned broadly. "Come on in. You're just in time!"

Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin was near the bigger holoscreen, so she gestured for them all to follow her there. After punching in a few keys on the console, she brought up a heavily redacted 'public' file of Lord Malleus Lord Malleus from the Eternal Empire Network. "This is our target. He is an Admiral in the Empire's Navy and a Lord in their Capital. He isn't the highest ptofile, yet high enough to have some of the intel that we seek. Our mission is to capture him and bring him here for questioning. We have the Void set up already for when he's brought here. Now, he is a Force user, so that'll increase the difficulty of capture. But it's not impossible. Any questions so far?"

Curtis silently followed Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun ' lead, feeling slightly out of his depth. The mission seemed to be picking up more and more steam, not that that was a bad thing. From what she said, it seemed that Lord Malleus Lord Malleus wasn't a top priority, but they needed to start small really.

"What's our approach?" He asked, stepping forward slightly. He wasn't sure how much the others knew about him, so he'd keep it short and sweet for the meantime.

Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an / Minna Balin Minna Balin

Lori looked to Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin as he posed his question. "It sounds simple, but it won't be. We've got to get to the Capital, locate his Estate and get him. No doubt it'd be less fortified than any of the government buildings. Jaster's Sparrow will be our vessel. She's fast, small and fitted with some tricks to keep their tractorbeams at bay. Arla can co-ordinate a series of jumps to lose any on our tails. I've had to sneak in and out of enemy territory before. So I'm used to this."

She turned her attention to Minna Balin Minna Balin and Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an . "I just haven't caught anyone before...That's where I need you."

Minna stepped forward as she was addressed, attempting her best confident expression. She was rather good at it, having years of practice in seeming to know what she was doing. Her upward-ticked eyebrow and crooked smile would do the trick. "Glad I could make it."

She'd managed to sneak in here. How hard could this be?

The hunter risked a glance at Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin , turning her half-smile into a full smile. She recognised the man from her brief time aboard the Sparrow. Lori was right, he was a looker. "Hey. Nice to see you, too." She flashed him her pearly whites, to show her good humor, not revealing names yet.

An introduction to Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an was the next necessary step. She walked up next to the woman, loose and confident, a stark contrast from the other's military stance. "I'm the Fish. Pleasure to meet you." No hand to shake was forthcoming, this didn't seem like the time for it, but she gave the other woman a warm nod.

Minna listened to Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun ' outlined plan, and her easy smile was replaced by a concerned expression. She was the expert here, which was a little concerning, considering how little experience Minna had with targets of this caliber. But her family had done jobs far more difficult than this. She could do this. She knew what to look for, and what to do.

"This is gonna be tough, Cap. Really tough." Minna found her fingers against her chin, stroking it like her father would do. She stopped her hand. "Dad always said that Forcies just weren't worth it most of the time. Always have a way of slipping away."

Minna's dark eyes studied the face, memorizing it, and all the details that she was given. "I can bring along some countermeasures. And I'm sure each of you have your own tricks, too."

"Might be nice to have a distraction, deter some Empire forces away from our target."
She looked to the gathered insurgents, something explosive in mind. "Any ideas?"

"I have one or two, if you don't mind."

Na'an had held her tongue throughout the briefing so far, only barely moving to acknowledge the arrival of the woman in the armor. Arenais' plan wasn't very detailed, but in a weird way she sort of liked that--even if it didn't really amount to much more than 'get inside his Estate somehow' at this point. Ostensibly, the 'somehow' was what Leigh had sent her here for.

"I mean, it depends on how you want to use me," she continued, reaching her hand behind her back. "Distraction or capture team, I won't object. But either way, I can make fairly decent use of this."

Na'an withdrew her hand, pulling her shoto out from its mag-sheath for the first time since Bakura. She tilted it back and forth, letting the silvery hilt catch the light; the crystal inside it seemed to pulse against the skin of her palm.

Lori turned her attention to Minna Balin Minna Balin , seeing her concern, but also the mention of her Father. Ghorua the Shark Ghorua the Shark was well known and a trusted friend of the Arenais family. However it wasn't always that way. The start of their aquaintance began with a bounty...

Her attention turned to Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an as she spoke up, slowly nodding her head as the shoto was brought out. Already more details of the plan were coming into mind. Yet Lori knew to always leave room for modification and improvisation.

"Do you know what Ghorua used to capture my Mom? A razer net. She couldn't move without cutting herself even more. Something like that could certainly help, wouldn't it?" Lori pointed at Minna and Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin . "You two can take care of the extraction," she then pointed to Na'an. "while you and I can handle the distraction. Arla will take care of our escape. Once on board, Lord Malleus Lord Malleus will need to be put on ice so to speak, until he's brought into the Void." Lori gestured to the area as a whole. "We've got everything we need to get us into the Capital, as well as some weapons and supplies. All others we'll need to shop for before we head out."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom