Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offering my services as a Master

My aspirations to be a Jedi Knight were so that I could take on a Padawan. Putting a credit chip where my mouth is…my thoughts on the subject are many and lucid – to the point of rambling. There are pros and cons (and it’s about taking the rough with the smooth) so, in no particular order:

1. I don't set the admission rules for the Galactic Republic or the Jedi Order but I do follow the Jedi Code – to the letter and to the spirit. I will only take (and keep) a Padawan that does the same

2. I am an old-school Jedi (my words). That means I believe in lots of training early on – Jedi Lore, Force Skills etc. And you’ll undertake the Jedi Trials – including crafting a lightsaber

3. Missions with me will be fun and come once skills permit - you'll never be short of threads

4. Respect your Master and your Padawan (it’s a two-way street)

5. I post frequently (but to be fair expect the same)

6. I have no problem with you training for skills with another Jedi Order Padawan, Knight or Master (but point 4. comes into play here – ideally let me know first)

7. This should be enjoyable for both parties

8. This is role-playing and I treat it as such. So no ‘god-modding’ for example. Any Padawan that starts with all Force skills, twice the midi-chlorian count of Anakin etc. etc. need not apply

9. I will train up to 2 Padawans. I say ‘up to’ as it depends on their posting frequency. Training will take priority over me developing Corvus – so I expect to do fewer threads with others as a consequence (so please make it worth my while)

10. If and when you become a Knight you will have earned it – and from an RP perspective that feels rather good (trust me, I know from personal experience)

11. Speed and depth should balance out. You’ll take more posts to gain the necessary requisites to become a Knight but you’ll post quicker, so therefore not much longer in real-time. Lots longer in game time of course

12. I’m happy to help with character generation – you can be as proactive or reactive as you like, and ask as many questions as you want (and I can help with images too)

13. Please be proactive as a rule – it’s better to ask forgiveness than permission (but see point 4. again)

14. Expect a few PMs by way of an interview before you're accepted (although it's a two-way street - you might not want me of course). It’s not first come first served here (this isn't Starbucks*)

15. I love to post and I love to train – so please love to be a Padawan. If you have half the fun I had training to become a Knight, you'll have a great time**

17. Anything I’ve missed and want to add later…

18. PM (message) me in the first instance, rather than post here (hover over my name above my picture and click on the ‘Send message’ button)

19. I'm open to brand new characters as well as existing characters that wish to become a Jedi

20. Feel free to post questions here or PM me - whatever you prefer

* other brands of coffee are available
** although statistically I will still have had twice as much fun as you

I would, except out of the FUs I have:

Two would kill (or attempt to kill you) on sight.

Three are Sith, with two of them being Knights.

One is a uber-intelligent slicer with a huge ego...

And one's an agent of the Shadow Empire.

Cross Ikon said:
I would, except out of the FUs I have:

Two would kill (or attempt to kill you) on sight.

Three are Sith, with two of them being Knights.

One is a uber-intelligent slicer with a huge ego...

And one's an agent of the Shadow Empire.
Thanks for the post. It was...informative. I'll keep looking then :huh:

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

lol...

Be sure to thread with them sometime... Just not training, as long as they know you're with the Republic...

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Oh, I missed one of my Force users on that list...

Cobalt could use some training in something other than Force Lightning.

Cobalt Krell said:
[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Oh, I missed one of my Force users on that list...

Cobalt could use some training in something other than Force Lightning.
Good point - well made. Someone else is bound to ask something similar.

Corvus is not a freelance trainer. She will train a Padawan that is committed to serving the Jedi Order. That is all.

I seem to be making a habit of disappointing you. :(

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

It's alright... All he basically does is channel energy into his gun, anyway...

Now what would happen if I could get him trained into an elementalist?

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

You almost make me want to create an alt just to RP with you. However I am swamped with my characters right now and it wouldn't be fair to you as I would only post once a day lol.

Plus I tend to be drawn to flawed characters who fight with their internal demons. And my demons tend to win lol.

But I'll keep you in mind if I decide to ditch a few of my alts (unfortunately not likely).

OK - please consider this thread closed for now. If anyone else is interested, I'm happy for them to post here and I'll see what I can do - but I've been inundated if you include PMs - so will have to juggle to both keep everyone happy and retain my sanity.

I'll reply to everyone that has posted so far (well the serious ones anyway) via PM.

And thanks for making my rather dull thread interesting!

:) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom