Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Of Shamans and Seers

The private meeting chambers were made incredibly well, with polished stone and beautiful artwork adorning the walls. Natural light was brought in through well-crafted windows and it bathed the chamber in an amber light. If a xeno had ever gotten far enough to see it, they would probably exclaim the absolute beauty that radiated from the chamber itself. However, that would never happen, and Selkollar couldn't help but smile at that thought. Seated already at the far end of the chamber, Selkollar took a deep breath as the various Seers and Shamans of the Bryn'adul made their way here.

He had called the meeting himself, which of course was the bane of many. Selkollar knew that these meetings were usually a waste of time, though Bryn'adul did less bureaucracy then the other xeno factions in the galaxy. No, Selkollar had called this meeting for a very specific reason, and no one would be stupid enough to snub the Hierarch himself. While his position was more religious and ceremonious in nature, he was still a commanding position and adviser to the Chieftain himself. His Honor Guard standing guard at the four corners of the room, Selkollar awaited everyone in the meantime.

The Bryn'adul had seen a recent resurgence of Shamans and Seers as of late, and Selkollar had been lacking on keeping up with the positions and ranks of those that had recently gained their power. The training they all had gone through had been developed by Seers like Selkollar himself, and he was proud of the abilities presented by both castes. Shamans were a different beast of course, but Selkollar respected their abilities all the same. Without them, the Bryn'adul would be unable to effectively wage war against the xeno and the heretic. Having trained many Shamans in his old days, Selkollar would be happy to meet the newest generation today.

The decrepit Hierarch stood when the last attendee filed into the chamber. His robes hung loosely against his body, and he leaned heavily on his simple staff. Clearing his hoarse voice and giving a rare smirk, Selkollar couldn't help but feel pride. To him, the shamans and Seers of the Bryn'adul were the backbone of the Drael, and his pride emanated from their abilities. This meeting would be fruitful indeed.

"I thank all of you for joining me today. I know many of you are busy with the conquests and wars our great Chieftain has waged." The recent battles had made the Drael even hungrier for more, and some of the Shamans here had not yet fully battled the xeno or heretic. Selkollar would be happy to see them finally battle, and he would guide them however they pleased.

"Our caste is one of unlimited potential, and yet I worry about our brethren. Some of you have no doubt heard about the heretical attack that has divided our forces. We must stay vigilant against the menace of disloyalty." The recent attack had many worried, including Tathra. The Drael were a loyal race, bred from the finest and fierce in their commitment. The idea that some were not completely committed to their cause was a great cause of stress for the upper echelons of leadership.

"I have asked you all here as a way to gather our thoughts on recent events. The Jedi we have fought are learned in the same energy we use, and I want your experiences." Selkollar had seen the Jedi fought, experimented on them even. Their temperance and abilities with the Force were much different then the Drael, and Selkollar wanted to learn more. If the Drael were going to wipe the galaxy of all Xeno life, they would need all the education they could get. Opening the floor for conversation, the Hierarch continued to stand, undeterred by the pain coursing through his old bones.

Sahktan

Shaman Field Commander
Sahktan had never been into the Seer chambers before, but the inclusion was a great honor. As the Drael stepped into the chamber he could not stop thinking about his superior, the Hierarch, leader of the Seers. He was certainly someone to gain favor with, a detail Sahktan was eager to exploit. He hissed and sat down in a stone seat, his armor clanking against table. The natural orange light of the room gleamed off of his deep blue/green skin, creating a sort of haze around him. The Hierarch began to speak, and all listened.

Sahktan's eyes darted up from the floor as he heard the mention of, Jedi. He snarled and blurted out, "These Jedi, like all xenos, are weak. They desire peace and harmony, of course we are all very aware of the disgusting foolishness of these ideals. These feelings, are their weakness my Hierarch." Sahktan let a smile creep across his face, if you can the strange contortion of his lips across his jagged teeth a smile. He thought back to his one combat experience against the xeno Jedi. He had already allowed his powers of force fear seep into his opponent's minds, but when one of them held a saber to his neck, they hesitated. They must have felt compassion for even a creature as vile as he, who jumped at the opportunity and struck down the fool. "They hesitate, they feel compassion. This always opens a window for attack, I would imagine we can also exploit their care for other xenos by using hostages. They will be of little worry, we must simply... exploit the weaknesses. As for the heretics, we make examples of them, we execute those we capture, and we reinforce those loyal to our people with faith."

Antarik Grendrada

A
"You are both right and wrong, my brother." Antarik announced as he entered the chamber, his gait long and steady as he spun two burning stones around each other above his hand with the force. His chin was held at a proud angle, confident of his presence among peers despite his unusually small frame for his kind. The seers and shamans were thinkers, and Antarik was a master of, or slave to, thinking. "It is wrong to say peace and harmony are weaknesses. These things only come from strength. But only the greatest strength can sustain it, and thus our place in the universe is realized. But you are most correct in your summation that we must use the enemy's weaknesses against them. Indeed, I have seen a vision in which the weakness of the impure becomes our strength." He paused to bow low to each member of the gathering. "And let us not forget the value of a heretic. A warrior is good to know the chinks in his armor. If it please the counsel, I would very much like to mine this weakness to its source by way of interviews and torture."
He rose from his bow and looked around the room. The sturdy architecture, the ornate engravings drawing the eye into a cascade of spontaneous motion, and the shafts of intense white light dazzled him. In the back of his mind, the force gave him a vision, a possible future. He tried to focus on it, but it vanished the moment he did, being replaced with an image of a burning blade descending towards him. The image broke apart, leaving the geneticist to stagger back. He suddenly felt old. His limbs felt insufficient, He took a deep breath and forced himself to stand firm as he gave his attention to the counsel.

Sahktan

Shaman Field Commander
Sahktan's eyes darted to the slim Drael entering the room. He had never seen him before, but he entered the chamber and dared disagree with his suggestion? In front of the Hierarch? The tall Drael continued but Sahktan barely listened. He looked away from the floor and back towards the Hierarch, it was in that moment that he sensed, weakness. A sort of sickness perhaps, but it didn't matter. Everyone was aware of the Hierarch's power, even if he was old or sick in some way. Sahktan felt his fists clench as the other Drael continued to speak. Something odd occurred though. He seemed like he had seen an attack of sorts, he had stumbled back and tried to compose himself. Sahktan sneered, "Is something wrong, brother? You seem startled, does talk of Jedi and lightsabers frighten you?"

Before the other Drael could respond, Sahktan exhaled out of his four nostrils and rolled two of his eyes, "Don't worry brother I was just making light of the situation. However, you make a very valid point about the heretics, I'm sure you would be quite adept at finding information from them. On the issue of the heretics still at large, I would gladly lead whatever troops granted to me against them as my personal mission. If it would please you Hierarch."

[member="Selkollar"] [member="Antarik Grendrada"]

Whirlwind of the Cosmic Force
​Tags - [member="Sahktan"], [member="Antarik Grendrada"], [member="Selkollar"]

Drek'ma had been one of the last to arrive, however he declined the opportunity to speak shortly after the Hierarch. Even as Primarch of the Shamans, one of the most powerful force users among the Drael; that did not mean he would speak over his brethren nor take centre stage. As leader, it was also his job to observe. The Hierarch was right, the growing threat of Heresy was evident and all eyes were watching.

"Hmm.." ​Azarak considered the words of Shaman Sahktan.

He was young and bold, a cunning young Beast Warrior. However too bold, and too confident in the abilities of one not of proper rank to constitute such a bold undertaking. Shaman Grendrada was a peculiar one, more fitted to the confines of a lab and important activities of research rather than combat.

"No." ​The Primarch stood up, nodding in disapproval of Shaman Sakhtan's suggestion. ​"It is not an enemy we may take our blades to, Shaman underling." ​He explained, moving around the length of the rail to stand in a clearer view.

​What the younger, inexperienced Shaman did not understand was that Heresy was not something so simply felt, it surged like a plague; infecting the weaker beings within their holds. Even perhaps some in this room were Heretics. Even the Chieftain did not know to what extent the Heretical plague had spread.

"Apathy, Balance, Accountability, Weakness, Strength, Battle, Comradery. These our the tenants of the Drael, these our how we hold true to ourselves and our Truth." Azarak explained aloud, speaking to all within the room.

​More now than ever, they all had the responsibility to one and other to remind their brethren of the Truth. The only truth that mattered.

Conflict was easily passed from one Drael to another, even within their strict castes and ranks. Hearing the debate around the meeting made Selkollar slightly edgy, as lots of personalities were clashing here. It did feel good to have several of them offer their assistance in hunting down the heretical sect of monsters that would attempt to disrupt the Draels true calling. However, heresy was indeed a poison, and it would need to be pulled out from the Empire, root and stem. Hearing the jesting from Sahktan and Antarik, Selkollar sought to quiet them before Azarak entered the room.

The High Shaman was someone that the Hierarch worked with but never usually in the same room. Both knew each other but their duties usually excluded the other. Whereas the Seers trained and guided Shamans, the High Shaman was a mentoring role once they had fully developed. Azarak had been High Shaman for many years, and though many were jealous of his rank and duties, Selkollar was happy with his position. He had watched Azarak grow into the position personally, and he had the benefit of being another mature Drael.

"Primarch Azarak is speaking truth. Heresy is a special beast, one that is untameable. If we are to destroy its presence, we must adhere to our core tenants." Reports coming showed that the heretics were still organizing, which meant they had not officially become a problem. Their recent attack, while shocking, was not the best planned. The saboteur had even been killed, more or less through Tathra's rage. They would need to find the others that had wandered off the path, and destroy them outright.

"While I admire the dedication shown here, I do not think it wise to detain suspected individuals and torture them. At best, we may find an informant and at worse, you could be converting a true believer." Selkollar had sent out whispers amongst the various Shamans, in the hope that someone would come forward with information. So far, the caste has been quiet. This meeting was a way to test the mettle of the Seers and Shamans, and test how close they adhered to Tathra and his command.

"At the moment, we need to stay vigilant and defensive. Chieftain Tathra is still consolidating our forces in the meantime." Seers were usually given glimpses of the future in small windows, and Selkollar had seen the Drael rising above the rest of the galaxy. However, that future was clouded and uncertain. It was hard to ascertain the exact measurements needed to gain such power over the people. It would be a terrible fight in the end, and Selkollar was excited to see it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[member="Azarak Drek'ma"], [member="Sahktan"], [member="Antarik Grendrada"]​

Antarik Grendrada

A
"Of course I fear the jedi, and their power, and their weapons." Antarik held out his palms. "But I mean that fear in the old sense. The way one fears close proximity to a star or gravity well. If we are blind to the seeds of strength in others, we cannot very well find it in ourselves. The force aligns with the jedi for a reason, as it does with us."
He gave a pointed glance to each member of the gathering. They were wise, he knew, and powerful. He felt it his duty to purge any latent ignorance within them to strengthen their foundations. The Bryn were only starting their great crusade, and so there was no greater time to set records straight than the present.
"What better foundation for strength than fear? And what better way to design a foundation than to observe one that has fractured and understand why? Strength is more than zeal, my brethren. It is constant, even beautiful. We all have it in out care never to let out kind falter. We must know what may cause us to slow and to fail."

@Selkollar @Azarak Drek'ma @Sahktan

Whirlwind of the Cosmic Force
​Tags- [member="Antarik Grendrada"], [member="Selkollar"], [member="Sahktan"],

The Hierarch was an impressive orator and force user. The two folds of Primarch and Hierarch required similar abilities; aptitude within the force and the ability to guide others. The Primarch was aware that the loyalty of the Shamans were divided among a priority to himself and the Seers, but it bothered the Primarch little. Rarely did the Hierarch not see eye to eye with him. It was why they were where they were, the Chieftain had entrusted them both with the creation of a formidable foundation in which to generate powerful and devoted force users.

The Primarch recognised that same aspiration in Shaman Grendrada, his breakthroughs in technological hindrance free vessels had allowed the Bryn'adûl Crusade to finally spread its wings. It had also granted the Shaman prestige in various halls of thought. Including those regarding the Deviant classes of Force User spread throughout the Galaxy.

​"We must be wary, of all our Foes. Draelvasier or otherwise. Shaman Grendrada speaks true, he speaks of the Tennant of Accountability, we must be accountable to both ourselves and each other. Strength, strength is also vigilance against our enemies. Knowing our similarities and differences, strength is useless without the knowledge to use it. Ignorance is weakness, my Shaman brethren."

​The Primarch courtly nodded to Antarik, echoing his meaning in a more palatable manner.

Sahktan

Shaman Field Commander
Sahktan concealed his anger as his points were for the most part, disproved. However, his brothers were very correct in their words, and he was thankful for their insight. "You all speak true brothers, we cannot let our focus falter in these trying times. I have only fought the Jedi on one occasion, Hurikane. The Hierarch and I both witnessed their strong will, but they will endanger themselves to protect one another, to a fault. They are more resistant to my fear casting abilities due to their strong minds, we must work to outclass them in any way possible. The shamans will be a powerful weapon against them, combining the iron hand of our powerful infantry with powerful and intelligent force casters. I dare say that the Seers are needed now more than ever."

The thin drael maneuvered a small crystalline rock through his fingers, he had taken it from Hurikane. He had fought back to back with the Hierarch, but he knew very little about the Primarch. He seemed to be an even more of a mystery. Sahktan was young and eager, he was ready to lead his forces on the field, bringing destruction to the enemies of the Brynadul. "Brother Antarik is right, the Jedi are formidable, we must not underestimate them. In the same way we must remain focused and defensive as the Hierarch has suggested. The heretics must be rooted out and destroyed, we must find their leaders. Perhaps we could use our strength and intelligence efforts to send small teams of Shamans with troops to attack hideouts and assassinate rebel leaders."

The meeting had been quite helpful honestly for Selkollar, giving him the ability to figure out the strongest among his caste. Much of the meeting had been mired in speeches and talks of loyalty, which is exactly how Selkollar wanted this to go. Seeing who was ultimately loyal to Tathra was important, and no disloyalty was shown here. Nodding in respect to the very ideas that had been brought forward, Selkollar waited for a lull in the conversation.

"I want all of you to be vigilant in your watch for traitors and heretics. From this day forward, we will be the watchful eye of the Bryn'adul." The title was mixed with both pride and truth. Heretics had infected the Drael and their mission, but the Seers and Shamans would be the ones to erase them from history. Only then would Tathra give them the strength they desperately needed.

The idea of rooting out heresy was a tough one however, as they had remained quiet. Deep in the shadows of the future, Selkollar felt an uneasiness. Enemies were still watching the Bryn'adul, and the AI that Tathra had destroyed was still active somewhere. The heretics may attack anywhere and at any moment. For the time being, they would simply need to watch them.

"A tribunal for heresy will be needed. Truly heretical Drael must be captured alive, so that we can ascertain their companions. Their hideouts are hidden as well. Even my precognitive abilities cannot seek them out." Selkollar was uncomfortable selling himself so short. He had of course blamed it on the nature of the Drael being born. Tying his inability of determining the future to the recent natural births. He still bore a hatred to those that were naturally born, and his disdain of them would affect his ability to think straight.

----------------------------------------------------------
[member="Sahktan"], [member="Azarak Drek'ma"], [member="Antarik Grendrada"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom