Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Of Scrap and Sabers [Tatooine] DM TO JOIN

Tatooine
Tags: Braze Braze , Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru , Kaleleon Kaleleon

Loomi_divider.png

"Or did you already forge your weapon, Loomi?"

"I don't really think I forged anything," she noted with a frown, "but I did connect with this guy," she paused, patting on her gourd, "and he's kind of a sword, I think. I don't know if that counts though."

She sort of just agreed with what was happening, nodding at the mention of getting on a speeder. That sounded fun. And they were taking medicine to someone, so they were doing a good thing. That was really all the thinking that she needed to do about the entire situation, no more thoughts necessary. Of course, she wouldn't be thinking any further anyways, but that wasn't really her problem. Maybe it was the problem of everyone else, but she didn't really have the capacity to consider that at the moment.

"What does an umbrella do in the desert?" Loomi did finally ask.

A man can change his stars
Braze had so many questions for me. going back and forth between myself and Loomi. Even the new girl was willing to get into the speeder with me. Agreeing we should take it instead of just walking out into the middle of the seas of sand that awaited us on Tatooine. So, I opted to just answer Brazes questions as I held up my arm. The leather flap being removed to expose a hologram system. Projecting what it was connected to. Pressing various items I needed.

"One, the speeder will be here in a moment. Second, Yes Braze, its to the east. The Speeder has imaging systems that can help us find it instead of just doing trial by error, and Third, While I am sure making a new weapon would help, I think helping someone make their own, teaching them about the Lightsaber and leading them through the Crystal Code should suffice."

Looking back to Loomi as she then spoke about the gourd at her side holding a weapon. With a furrowed brow, I wasn't too sure if she was joking or not. However, by her tone, and I did not know her to lie, I was more inclined to believe her.

"It never hurts to have a backup weapon in case. I learned that one the hard way when I did the trials the first time."

In the distance, I could hear the roar of the Speeder. "Blue Blur." its engines were zooming towards us rapidly. Being here in just a moment more.

Loomi Loomi Braze Braze Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru

Braze smirked at Loomi's description of her gourd-sword. "Well, if it acts like a sword and you can use it like a sword, I'd say it counts. Plus, having something unique is pretty cool."

When Loomi questioned the purpose of an umbrella in the desert, Braze chuckled. "Ah, this isn't just any umbrella. It's made of Song Steel, perfect for what I need. I suppose it could be used to keep the sun off? But your point is taken. An umbrella in the desert sounds pretty strange doesn't it?"

Turning his attention to Kaleleon, Braze nodded as he listened, clearly fascinated by the hologram system that Kaleleon was using. "Wow, imaging systems? That'll definitely make our trip easier. And I totally agree, teaching someone about their own lightsaber and the Crystal Code can be just as educationally fulfilling as making your own weapon. So do you remember the Crystal Code Kale?"

Hearing the roar of the approaching Speeder, "Blue Blur," he clenched his fists in anticipation. "Ah, here comes our ride!"

Finally, Aliris voiced her concern about fighting, her tone heavy.
"Do we really have to fight?"

Braze looked at her with a thoughtful expression. "You know, the lightsaber is often seen as a weapon, but it's also a tool. A tool for defense, for problem-solving, and sometimes even for negotiation. Fighting is always the last resort. At least it's supposed to be. Sometimes having a lightsaber is just about being prepared for whatever comes your way. If you don't want to fight, that's okay. We all have our own paths to follow, and not all of them involve combat. Jedi are peace keepers. "

As the group climbed aboard the "Blue Blur," the speeder hummed to life, cutting through the air with a mechanical roar. They began their journey, moving rapidly across Tatooine's sea of sand and arid expanses. The dunes rolled like a turbulent ocean frozen in time—waves of golden sand stretching out as far as the eye could see. The scorching sun blazed overhead, casting elongated shadows that danced and flickered over the sand's undulating surface.

Slowly but surely, the landscape began to change. The soft, shifting sands gave way to firmer ground. Ahead, a rocky crag emerged from the desert like the ancient skeleton of some colossal beast. Its jagged features were a stark contrast to the smooth dunes they had left behind. Nestled within these harsh rocks, a vast stone plateau loomed, anchoring the crag to the earth as if it were a fortress carved by nature herself.

And there, at the heart of the plateau, was a cavernous maw—dark, gaping, and ominous. The entrance was a jagged slash across the rock face, as if inflicted by some colossal talon. Even from a distance, they could see markings that adorned the stone around the cave's entrance: a series of deep, almost geometric grooves that seemed too intentional to be mere natural formations but too mysterious to easily decipher. They hinted at an unsettling majesty, an awe-inspiring terror that only the desert's oldest and most fearsome residents could inspire.

"I guess this is it." Braze chirped spotting the entrance. "Doesn't look like a house though does it?"

As they approached the cavern's entrance, signs of humanoid activity became subtly apparent. A series of weathered crates and barrels were stacked to one side, half-buried in the desert sand but still intact. Nearby, a makeshift campfire lay dormant, with the charred remnants of logs and a ring of stones outlining its perimeter. A few pieces of simple, rugged furniture—an aged stool, a rickety table—were scattered about. Ropes and climbing equipment dangled from pegs driven into the rocky walls.

Even more telling were the scattered pieces of machinery, some primitive and others relatively sophisticated: gears, solar panels in various states of disrepair, and even a dilapidated moisture vaporator. Strands of colorful cloth—perhaps talismans or markers of some kind—were tied to spindly desert plants and flapped gently in the wind.

Several sets of footprints led into the cave, mingling with other, less identifiable tracks that meandered through the sand and disappeared into the dark maw of the cavern. It was as if a small community had claimed this desolate spot as a haven, finding a way to eke out an existence on the very edge of hospitable life.

These subtle signs reassured the group, dispelling some of the initial apprehension they had felt upon seeing the intimidating marks near the cavern's entrance. It was clear that they were not the first to venture here, and likely not the last.

Tatooine
Tags: Braze Braze , Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru , Kaleleon Kaleleon

Loomi_divider.png

"Do we really have to fight?"

"I don't think so," Loomi decided. "A lightsaber is for defense, right? Y-you don't really have to attack people I think, or go fight in general."

There were all kinds of people who didn't fight in the Jedi. Farmers, negotiators, healers, mechanics, strategists. There was plenty to do away from the battlefield. Loomi wasn't concerned about going to war these days, not after her exposure to the Sith Order. She just wanted to help folks in danger and support people. And that was okay.

These subtle signs reassured the group, dispelling some of the initial apprehension they had felt upon seeing the intimidating marks near the cavern's entrance. It was clear that they were not the first to venture here, and likely not the last.

Their expedition became a lot more scary now. Loomi had been carefree and excited, but the sudden shift in atmosphere made her wings flutter nervously, her antennae curling down over her face. This was not a very happy cave at all, she decided. The only logical answer, based upon the markings left behind in the stone of the cave, was that something far large than all of them combined was within, something they had best leave alone.

"I-I don't like this, actually," Loomi decided, turning to Braze with concern in her eyes. "Maybe this isn't a good idea."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom