Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Of Greener Fields [PM to discuss before posting]

Unblessed

Force User worship must end.
A small bag swung clumsily across the small of Ala's back. Inside the bag were all her most cherished possessions. Her Jedi armour she had left in the room that had for so long been her home when in the temple. The armour itself was not going to be needed. It was not that she did not expect some form of combat in the future, but she did not intend to be leading any all out assaults on strongholds of soon to be vanquished foes. Her bag contained her two short bladed lightsabers that she had constructed as a Padawan, a diary kept by the man that had delivered her as a teenager from the mines, and the small amulet that aided the nanites within her.

She flipped the key card for her ship in the air and let it float gently back down into her palm. She was not rushed. She was not hurried. She was calm and at peace with this decision. This was the right thing to do.

Looking around the great and majestic view of the temple entrance, Ala did not feel regret for a moment. This place had taught and given her a lot. In spite of her not agreeing with all the practices or teachings of the institution, she was not too proud to admit that she had learned a heck of a lot from the people within these walls. They had taught her by example. She had been able to look beyond what she disagreed with and pick out the things that she would apply to her life. For these things she would be eternally grateful, but not eternally bound to serve the order.

Today, she was a Jedi of the Order no more.

"Farewell..."

(Sorry for the wait, kind of lost my muse for a little while!)

"So" came a voice from the side. "That's it, huh?" came the voice again. On her right, sitting relaxed against a leaned over portion of the temple's great architecture sat Jedi Council Member and the Council's Weaponmaster, Josh DragonsFlame. Known throughout the temple as one of the greatest lightsaber wielders in the present day for his skill, his purity in the light side of the Force, and his uncanny intelligence. DragonsFlame cracked his neck before he hopped off the object he was lying against, walking over to the now EX Jedi Knight.

He gave her a smile as he came near and his brilliantly shining brown eyes linked with hers. It was almost impossible to tell that he was someone that had seen years and years of bloodshed and battle since an incredibly young age with that smile on his face despite the circumstances.

"Ala Vallen, correct?" he asked, his smile never leaving him. "Heard you were leaving today, figured I'd at least have a chat before you go" he said.

"I guess I might as well start this off right to the point... Why?" he asked curiously. "You never really gave a reason. You've been with us for a long time, it's not exactly common for Jedi to just walk out, and I haven't seen any reports of complaints or problems on your end" he said. "So... If it pleases you, talk to me. Either as a friend, a Councillor, a Jedi... A human being... Whatever tickles your fancy" he asked. "I'd just like to know. I don't hold any ill will towards you for it"

@[member="Ala Vallen"]

Unblessed

"Correct," Ala calmly replied while pausing in her journey and turning about to face the one that would seek to understand.

Confronting her in such a non-confrontational way was none other than @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]. His was a face and name she knew. How could you not know of someone so esteemed? She had never actually met him till this day though. Most unfortunate, she would have love to have crossed blades with him in a duel. "I'm really not that ticklish..."

She smiled and bowed graciously. "...you ask why, and I freely answer. It is simple. I do not agree with the base theology of the Jedi Order. I really have not for some time and it has only now become acceptable in my eyes to leave. The people here mean a great deal to me as they have taught me much...but I fear many are misguided in their quest for the truth."

His smile remained as he listened carefully to the woman's words, nodding, he motioned her over toward a seat. "Sit" he requested politely, taking a seat in a chair in a set nearby. Waiting for her to join him, he smiled again, keeping his eyes locked with hers before speaking.

"Many Jedi have different morals and values, and opinions on how the Jedi should be run. And a lot of things are changing with Ben Watts retiring because of his guilt over Metalorn, and Je'gan taking his place, the removal of the traitor and murderer Syn as second in command... Aleidis Ijet leaving us peacefully by Ben's request and moving onto a higher calling... There's a lot of things going on, a lot of Jedi are confused, rightfully so. But the base of the Jedi has remained despite these problems, even if things look different from the perspective of many. I have seen many leave as of late because of Metalorn and everything around it, and though I grieve, I am happy that at least the Jedi are trying to fix this mess and bring us back to the path that we set out on so many years ago"

"So" he said. "Why don't you indulge me, Miss Vallen... What, in your opinion, should be the base theology of the Jedi Order?" he asked. "What do you think we should be? What about us in recent developments has irked you so much that you wish to forsake what you have worked so hard for and so passionately for, for so many years?"

@[member="Ala Vallen"]

Unblessed

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]​

"Indeed there is a great deal changing in the order, and I wish it well...not ill," Ala replied with a courteous smile, but noticeably did not take the offer to sit. This left the conversation in an awkward moment where Joshua was sitting, but she remained ready to leave.

"Do not mistake my decision to leave as a result of any irksome scenario," Ala said with a subtle wave of hand as if brushing the mere thought away, "allow me to answer you with a question though...Mister DragonFlame."

"Is there a light side of the Force? If there is a light side of the Force...does that mean there is a dark side of the Force?"

Seeing her desire to remain standing, the Jedi Weaponmaster nodded and stood to his feet, walking back over to speak to the former Jedi face to face, his eyes staring into hers curiously.

"There isn't, most likely" he said. "But that's how we label things... It's how we label what we can and cannot do in order to retain our sanity. It keeps us from going mad with power and destroying all we held dear, doomed to become what you once stood against"

"But it's not just labels to actions is it? Everyone and everything has that aura... And it resembles light and dark, or so we call it. Those different auras, we label them so we know what they are, what to embrace, what to avoid... And no matter how good of a Jedi you are, no matter how good of a Sith you are... You need it. It's how your mind and senses identify everything, by putting them in those categories. Otherwise, you would go mad, confused to right and wrong, and one wrong step suddenly sends you into the path of oblivion. Whether you're a Padawan or a Master... Once you begin to go down the path of darkness without proper guidance, there's likely no turning back"

His face turned a serious one as he spoke, the veteran weaponmaster and Jedi of many years within him beginning to show.

"The Jedi and Sith are considered light and dark just as actions are defined as right and wrong. The Jedi represent peace, and we guard that to the best of our ability. We don't embrace hate or the labelled "Dark" side of the Force, knowing that if we do, it will consume us, turn us into the monsters that we watch every single day destroy the lives of everyone we have ever known"

@[member="Ala Vallen"]

Unblessed

Giving him the courtesy of attention, Ala listened to a similar sounding speech to what she had heard many times before. It did not irk her. Not now. She was grateful that the Jedi had taught over the past many years to control her emotion. It was important, but not in the way that they believed. At least, this is what she believed.​
"You say...light and dark are like right and wrong," she noted, "I would say there is no difference...that there is no light or dark only the decisions that we make. I would say that the Force is a magnifying glass that over exposes our decisions and magnifies them beyond those made by people who are not attuned to the Force."
Ala swung her dufflebag on to her other shoulder to alleviate the pain that was starting on the load baring shoulder. "Too often it seems to me that we are told...do not fall to the Dark Side...or it is the Will of the Force...these such things I believe to be a fallacy. There is no 'Will of the Force' but simply our will that we label as the Force's will so as to excuse our action...or at times inaction. Falling to the Dark Side is an excuse for terrible decisions...I do not see the Dark Side as a lusting, luring entity that causes people to go astray. People go astray because they choose too. Perhaps the pressure they are under becomes to much to bare. Perhaps the loses they have experiences have caused them to justify their decisions...and we say...they have fallen to the Dark Side. Let me ask you this...if the Force has a will...is this will only always a will of light or is it also a will of darkness at times?"

"The Force is in all of us. It's in you, it's in me, it's in everyone here" he said. "It binds us, it is what has brought us here.... Why would it's will be for us to destroy?"

"Yes, we do label light and dark like right and wrong... And it fits. The Sith do evil and devilish things in the name of the dark side, while the Jedi try to bring peace and prosperity in the name of the light. It is but a label, but it is a justified one"

He sighed. "You are entitled to your opinions, madam, and I respect them. But what exactly do you plan to accomplish with this? Abandoning the Jedi and the code, what does that do for you and the galaxy?" he asked curiously. "You seem like a very smart, a very intelligent woman... From someone like you, now that I've gotten to see you a bit, to do this... It seems weird to me" he admitted. "What exactly is your end game?"

@[member="Ala Vallen"]

Unblessed

"You answer my question with another question," Ala said with a smile, "it is not that I believe the Dark Side has a will. In fact, I do not believe the Force has a will be it light or dark."

Being called 'madam' did not sit well with Ala. She knew though that he was just being polite, but that word? Surely not.

"I have no endgame aside from taking what I have learned and applying it to how I see the galaxy. The Jedi have taught me many wonderful things...focus...calm...control...also necessary to see life for what it is, but not to see a will that does not exist."

Glancing towards the door, Ala smiled. "Perhaps I will find a small village that needs a defender. Perhaps I will find an oppressive gang of thugs that needs to be put in its place. Perhaps I will find a planet in need of calming council," she said before looking back to Joshua, "or perhaps I will find that life outside these doors is not as interesting and purpose defining as I would have hoped...and I will return, accepting the life of a Jedi to the best available solution for the time being. Either way, it will be my will that is exercised, and I will do good...because I want too."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom