Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore Of Fantastic Stones and Where to Find Them; a Preliminary Mineralogical Report on Void Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
~ w. mind that can see into time ~
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Media Name: Of Fantastic Stones and Where to Find Them; a Preliminary Mineralogical Report on Void Stones
  • Format: Holomag article in Scientific Confederate
  • Distribution: Common with holomag subscription
  • Length: Medium
  • Description: To provide a systematic understanding of the enigmatic characteristics of void stones, namely their Force nullifying properties.

SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Author: Dr. Asori Soto Asori Soto , RXg
  • Publisher: The Confederacy of Independent Systems (CIS)
  • Reception: Initial publication was not the smashing success Soto had hoped it would have been, but the literature has certainly gained her a bit of a following throughout the galactic science community including Dr. Prennis Keeoli Prennis Keeoli . Her minerology analysis captivated fellow xenogeologists, and the incorporation of microbiology appealed to life scientists as well. Though neither biology or physics had captivated Soto throughout schooling at Sanbra, she has gained an intense interest in both as related to xenogeology through the ongoing study of void stones.

FORMAT INFORMATION
Like any good piece of scientific literature, Of Fantastic Stones… follows the traditional research report outline: title, author(s), abstract, introduction, methodology, results and discussion, conclusion, references, and appropriate appendices. The article cites in the Coruscanti Standard Style (CSS). In such, the recommended citation for Soto’s work is, without brackets, < Soto, Asori. “Of Fantastic Stones and Where to Find Them; a Preliminary Mineralogical Report on Void Stones.” Scientific Confederate 1146 (864): 334-341. >

CONTENT INFORMATION
The main purpose of this work is to begin to explain how void stones can impair a Force user's affinity while in the relatively close proximity of about one hundred meters. Most of her methods and discussion serves to this point sufficiently; all else is to provide seemingly unrelated but necessary scientific background.

Soto finds that the void stones are strikingly similar in chemical composition within themselves and across samples. Likewise, she finds curious, free-standing (i.e. not part of another living host cell) midi-chlorian colonies of various sizes across all of her samples. She suggests the name midi-chlorianite for the unknown mineral that accounts for the majority of the stones' mass, but clarifies that the name is a qualifier for chondrite-y chamosites rather than purely a mineralogical designation onto itself. The minerals themselves are high in iron content but aluminum-poor. If a colony of autonomous midi-chlorians live on the surface of said chamosite(s), then the mineral may be referred to simply as midi-chlorianite for ease of nomenclature.

She theorizes on the deepest Force implications of the void stones, but ultimately fails to produce sufficient evidence to support some of her scientific ideas because she does not have the required means. By leaving certain questions unanswered, she opens the door wide for scientific collaboration, regardless of if it follows parallel or perpendicular with her personal hypotheses.

Selected Excerpts
< Title >
Of Fantastic Stones and Where to Find Them; a Preliminary Mineralogical Report on Void Stones

< Author >
Soto, A. (hmail: soto.asori@uosanbra.edu)

< Abstract >
"I would like to recognize my patron in the CIS, Minister Visanj T'shkali, and her generous contributions that allowed me to conduct my research. I also honour Brimen Inkari at Theed University on Naboo for restlessly helping me make sense of a Charon web pattern I found in the Kayri III catacombs; as well as the entire Cultural Department, without which would have robbed this paper of the void stones' proper religious connotations. Likewise, the biology faculty and student body at my former university, the University of Sanbra, were instrumental in augmenting my knowledge of the life sciences."

< Introduction >
"The void stones of Kayri III in the Expansion Region have long been an object of mystifying origins, even to the arachnoid Charon who venerate these meteorites. The foremost concern of off-worlders surrounding these geologic specimens relates to the Living Force. Every recorded Force sensitive individual - regardless of species, gender, or other biological variation - who has come in contact with the stones have experienced some intensity of Force nullification."

< Methodology >
  • "The CIS funded the recovery of some void stones from Kayri III."
  • "When our strike team was back at base, I asked the talented among us to walk with me, one by one, away from the location I had collected all the stones. As we walked, I further asked them to report as soon as they felt all of their powers had returned, and recorded the distance we had travelled down the hall(s)."
  • "From pictures and memory, the Charon's inner sanctum was divided into a group of sections not unlike the township-and-range system. A letter from the Aurebesh alphabet was assigned in conjunction with a number to describe the location in which a sample was collected as it related in geometric space to the central stone."
  • "A modified Force detector was used on each sample to determine midi-chlorian presence. If there was a positive reading, then a sound level meter (SLM) was used to discern the sound pressure of their telepathic communication. From that measurement, wavelength was mathematically extrapolated."

< Results and Discussion >
  • "Analysis of the results of the survey of strike team Force users suggested an approximate range of nullification effects at 100 meters."
  • "Midi-chlorian colonies exist on each sample, albeit in varying condition. The estimated population size on MC C#78 is 40,000-60,000 free-standing individuals."
  • "Since the beginning of Force-related studies, Jedi and Sith have recognized the telepathic connection of midi-chlorians to the Living Force. The midi-chlorianite colonies are no different, radiating near-constant sound waves related to said telepathy into the space surrounding their homes. Assumedly, the produced waves can and do travel in all directions about 100 meters, at which point they for some reason lose all potency or effectively evaporate altogether.

Though Force telepathy is technically not a form of electromagnetism, it is a manner of communication. It obviously does not produce sound waves as traditionally thought about like spoken modes of thought sharing does, but telepathy theoretically still would follow the oscillation pattern of energy continuously converting from kinetic to potential and vice versa. Therefore, telepathy can be thought of as producing a very particular type of sound wave that does not actually produce sound until it is put under a subset of very specific conditions - that is, until it has travelled into the mind of the user's target, for example. Likewise, use of the Force, while difficult to measure in mundane manners such as wavelength, amplitude, and frequency, is most certainly also some kind of energy propagation. At least, a thing like that is somewhat easy to imagine, but still more questions than one remain: is the Force also a sound wave, able to both stand and travel, or radiation by truer definition? . . .

. . . If we take any form of Force use as types of energic waves, reason would follow that the nullification of a its power could be the fault of destructive wavelength interference, but since SLM measurements of mass telepathy across samples later come back at 0 decibels (dBs), as expected for sound waves that are theoretically inaudible for most of their propagation periods, the theoretics of this explanation reside outside of xenogeolgical scope."

< Conclusion >
"Though this work begins to unravel midi-chlorianite mysteries by way of the traditionally-accepted scientific method, much more research into this service is to be done. A successful exploration of them will require a well-rounded bed of literature siphoning off many scientific disciplines including biology, chemistry, physics, Force studies, and xenogeology. It will also necessitate the careful treatment of the midi-chlorianite sample in CIS possession among many and all professionals involved in the venture, as further physical exploration of Kayri III is very ill-advised."

< References >
"Unknown Charon. Picture of web pattern regarding bio-science. Found/accessed on 11/3/864."

Selected Figures
c4IFV8u.png
a5xr6lK.png

ZPdzc7T.png
wAVQRqF.png

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Of Fantastic Stones… represents Soto's first publication since her dissertation. While this work does not provide coverage of the CIS dominion of Kayri III, it did naturally precipitate out of it. If the CIS had not wanted to secure void stones for itself, Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali would not have hired Soto on as a contractor. Likewise, if the strike team that the CIS had organized had not been successful in infiltrating the Charon catacombs and subsequently retrieving samples of the interred void stones, she could not have hoped to publish more than conjecture on the topic herein.

Last edited:
Residential Archfey
Asori Soto Asori Soto

I very much enjoyed reading through this scientific article of a submission, from the content down to the citation inclusion. The callback to modern academic writing was especially a treat.

Just a couple things and this is good to go:

Spoiler: Selected Excerpts/Figures < Title >
Of Fantastic Stones and Where to Find Them; a Preliminary Mineralogical Report on Void Stones

Per Codex Rules (link and screenshot included), spoilers are not permitted for any usage beyond images. Said images currently included may absolutely remain within a spoiler, but the textual excerpts will need to visible at all times.

"The void stones of Kayri III in the Expansion Region have long been an object of mystifying origins, even to the arachnoid Charon who venerate these meteorites.

For ease of reference, please link both Kayri III and the Charon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom