Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Of Birds And Men

AscendantFleet.png

Kyyrk was silent for but a moment. "He was...resilient." Kyyrk smiled to himself, his gaze falling towards the ground in remembrance. "His mother...was stolen away from us when he was but an infant. Then I was recruited by the Sith some months later. I refused to let the boy live the life I was destined to live, so I kept him a secret. For as long as I could, anyways. They eventually found him, and trained him the same as they did me." Kyyrk fell silent for a moment longer, his brow knitting together in...worry? Grief? "He was more gifted in the Force than I could ever hope to be. What took me months to learn, he committed to memory within hours. But he was...torn. Torn between his duty and his family."

Kyyrk sighed quietly, turning to sit upon the rock they stood near. "He was tutored at the highest levels. A rare honor for a half-breed in the old days of the Empire. His master held a seat on the Dark Council. One who answered only to the Emperor. But...in retrospect, allowing him to drown in the realms of Intelligence was, perhaps, not the best idea." Kyyrk looked back to Rhia. "Not that an old man commanding a legion of assassins and inquisitors could have done any better..." Kyyrk mused quietly for a moment. "They broke him. Took a piece of his humanity, and instead left something soulless in its place. After that...He never trusted anyone besides me. Not even his own mother. Especially not his mother." Though Kyyrk did not explicitly state it, it was implied that his mother had, eventually, returned to the family.

"But there was always the shadow of compassion within him. And for that, I am grateful. I taught the boy all I could. And still wonder if it was enough. But he was loyal to a fault. And...like it or not...he always followed my instruction to the letter." Kyyrk's voice dropped to hardly a whisper. The undertone of guilt in his voice was unmistakable. To Rhia, it was anyone's guess what order he might have given his son that he regretted. To Kyyrk? He lived it every night. The deep, burning sensation in his chest. The shock that filled the room...and the horror that split the air moments later. "He was a good man. I understand he went on to be a wise sage of the Force. But, same as I, he turned his back on both the Jedi and the Sith. Until the day came he fell in battle. Defending those that could not defend themselves..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom