Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Populate Ode to the Fallen | GA Populate of Vendaxa

7493-0-a4135a00062e769903ee27b4b082bf88-lefaust_1.png
Appearance: Link
Tag: Lyrrin Lyrrin | Open

She quietly listened to her friend go through all the Sith history he was aware of — she had learned a lot more about it herself as well, all in an attempt to keep herself prepared and knowledgeable about the Galaxy's greatest threats. But when he finished, she offered a weak smile, "It's not just Sith... I don't know. I just feel danger everywhere, in all kinds of forms."

She let out a long sigh and ran her hands up to her face, and through her long hair. When her fiery eyes finally turned back to Lyrrin, she stared straight into his smirk, and it helped her chuckle a little again.

"Of course you are, and I'll do my best to deal with it too. It's just..." she frowned and looked at her friend with a more serious expression, "I'm really tired, Lyrrin. Sometimes I feel like I'm carrying too much of the war front on my back and shoulders, alongside all the younger Jedi who I've been trying to help too."

She turned to her drink and remained quiet for a moment, "But it is what it is, I suppose. Just have to keep moving forward."

In the Force you could not feel the pain.

This is what they said in class.

It is not... the whole truth. Sion could feel the pain, even as his limbs felt numb from the hours of being strapped down to the table, but it was a far away thing. As if it was happening to someone else. Someone right next to him, who was describing the little and big hurts in close detail. Empathy took over there and accepted the pain as his own.

Except that it was his pain-

No, this is not useful for survival.

Someone else hurt and Sion was just there as a witness to it. A solemn duty. It was a good thing he was gagged. I wouldn't be able to stop myself from screaming... it would scare his friends. His friends. Sion had those, didn't he? The mission on Tython- well, for every successful one, you needed to have a few failures. Otherwise it wouldn't have been a hopeless war of death and misery. Why couldn't he move? Oh, right, strapped down. But only so Sion could listen more intently.

I won't survive this, will I?

But Sion had to. His friends needed him to be strong. The longer he held out, the less chance that they'd be picked up too. This was the thing that carried him through.

Hopefully nobody would tell him his friends were long gone at this point.

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Lyrrin tipped his warm drink high into the air and then put down the empty cup with a solid clink noise. As Valery spoke again and explained to him the issues on her mind as well as her attempts to bear additional burdens the agent considered her in a moment of silence "Hey." he motioned to her trying to snap her gaze to the present and to his face "That kind of mindset is how I lose you to." while it had been some time the farghul was still coming to terms with all that had happened to Kalie Alverez Kalie Alverez , a mutual best friend for the two present "If you need help I'll be there, just call me or something. I'm positive the agency doesn't need me on call all the time. Besides." he shrugged with levity "The only reason I was ever caught up in the adventure of a lifetime was because of who I knew not what I knew. In the grand scheme of it there are way better agents out there. Someone else can pick up the slack, ya know?" he leaned in and whispered "Besides all I've been doing is basic stuff, like you could even do it."

Then Lyrrin leaned back again and spoke at his normal volume "And who wouldn't trade some of that busy work for being the heroic shoulder that the Valery Noble, Jedi Master, gets to cry on?" he gave her a haughty expression while looking up and to the side as if being called to duty by the divine "Its such a blessing."

7493-0-a4135a00062e769903ee27b4b082bf88-lefaust_1.png
Appearance: Link
Tag: Lyrrin Lyrrin | Open

"That kind of mindset is how I lose you too."

Those words hit a bit harder than she thought they would. Her husband had been helping her take more time to relax, and even a 'forced' vacation was coming up, but she still wasn't feeling entirely right. With a frown, she listened to her friend but it quickly turned into a smile, "Thank you Lyrrin, I-" she paused as he leaned in, and expectantly listened with her eyes open.

"Besides all I've been doing is basic stuff, like you could even do it."

Her eyes narrowed, and she gave him her usual glare for just a couple of seconds, "Very funny," she said while he leaned back and continued with the teasing, "Shut up." Valery was smirking now and finished her tea with a final sip. When she set the glass down, her smirk faded and she looked at him with a more friendly smile.

"But you're right, I'll be careful and maybe you should come over sometime. I can guarantee you that there won't be any crying, but I'd appreciate some time spent with a good friend."

Damian Du Couteau
Action: Say Goodbyes
Outfit

JiGZUcY.png

“Unsimple but lived.” Damian raised his own glass up. Always, live the life you want. Damian mused as he took a sip of the golden liquid. The liquid wasn’t as smooth as the party drinks he had drunk before, but he attempted to keep his demeanor unchanged. Though his eyes betrayed him as he looked to the floor when he placed his glass down.

Senator Tagge’s next words struck him differently, Damian began to feel a tad uncomfortable, if not uncertain with the subject. Not with the plan stated out, but with himself believing that he would be able to complete such tasks through his own determination. Damian remembered his father’s promises of anonymity and the ability to forge his own path outside the Du Couteau family. It was like a sense of relief to have that kind of security, to know he would only need to worry about his own mistakes. His own responsibilities extended only as far as he could see around himself.

“I trust that the Alliance will make efforts to reclaim our lost planets like Teta; to expel the Maw from the Core.” Damian responded, “-But, well. . .” Damian looked up to meet the Senator’s rather intense stare.

“Credits for charity are more than readily available, my Father saw to our family’s wealth to reach heights that. . . well. . he once said ‘Even the taxes I pay to the Alliance are baffling.’ . . and as for heroism?” Damian offered, his smile only half reaching his eyes. Baffling small? Or baffling missing? Father never gave exact specifics.

“My sister is considered the more forward and upfront between the two of us. She continued her Force lessons and attempts to walk the path of the Jedi for whatever that’s worth.” Damian finally explained as he took an additional sip from the glass, a tad larger gulp. He admired her dedication, but that path always seemed the most difficult to walk for him. I just like avoiding the path of most resistance. Even discussions such as these felt burdensome after a while, the weight compressing on his shoulders and chest.

Breathing in deeply, exhaling quickly he placed both hands on his lap and nodded. “Well Senator Tagge, it has been a pleasure to come to know you. I am truly thankful that you enjoyed your gift and for the drink.” Damian started as he slowly stood up. He bowed deeply, before he straightened up once more and extended his hand.

“Should you require outfits, more capes, or even a tailor, do reach out.” He offered, believing that was what his father offered.

Vy2NTqS.png

|| Brama Tagge Brama Tagge ||​

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Lyrrin smiled at Valery whenever she invited him to spend more time off the job with her and he gave a nod "Yeah, sure, we'll do that." he agreed and as he opened his mouth to say another word and continue their conversation his eyes went to his chronometer then back to Valery as he stood "I need to get going or I'm going to miss my shuttle. It was great seeing you again, it really was, and I'll see if I can't be more in touch now that my other mission is finished." the Farghul stepped around the table and put a hand on the Jedi's shoulder and gave it a friendly squeeze "Try not to get yourself chopped up in the meantime, alright?" and with that he walked back towards the front entrance with a blast of cool Ilum air greeting him and causing his formal clothing to billow "I must look so cool right now..." he said out loud in a wistful tone as he let the door close behind him.

Shortly there after Lyrrin would have been whisked away by a small orbital shuttle back to a GADF corvette waiting in low-Ilum orbit to take him to his next assignment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom