Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ode to Fury

At one time Ra would have been more than happy to just outright kill the apprentice of Josh's, but that had passed. She had come to terms with what had happened. While she was still upset and hurt about her losses, something had changed within her. Now she more to live for than pure revenge and she would eventually get that. She wasn't going to take all her anger out on Kahlil, just some of it.

It was time to put him through some sort of trial and test him. Their roles were reversed in a way and she was the one in charge of this.

This was the dealer's choice and Ra wanted the opportunity the thrash the young man. However, she would certainly not kill him. Now she waited for him to arrive and she plotted the test she was going to give him.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

Right. [member="Riamah"] . Kahlil by no means forgot that woman and what he had done to her. An enemy of the Sith Empire, wife or something to Joshua Dragonsflame, an even more hated foe. As a Sith he was suppose to kidnap her to use against the revered Jedi Master, but in the end all he did was kill her butler and drive her from her home. He had failed, but if he had succeeded would his life had gone on this path?

He stepped into the room as he was asked, clearly nervous and honestly frightened on what she might be planning. She was no Jedi from what he had learned, and the odds of her lover stopping anything were slim. Anything for love, right? He crossed his arms over his chest, glancing down to the redhead.

"I'm uh, here."

To keep things above the line, Ra had done some research into what was or not accepted for a trial. Upon learning combat was one of them, she knew that would be exactly what happened.

It was a good thing she had taken a lesson or two on how to be empathic. She gave Kahlil a bit of a sinister smile as she picked up on fear and the fact he was nervous. Motioning for him to come further in, once he was clear of the door, she sent it slamming into its frame with a great deal of Force. Well more than was truly needed to accomplish something so simple.

"Good."

Rolling her head and eyes in a single motion, the message for him was to come down to the floor with her.

"So I was told you gave up your Sith ways and became a padawan to Josh. Why?"

This might not be part of his trial, but it was the first opportunity Ra had to talk to him since they met on Vjun. They almost had a run in on a beach, but Jason and Josh were able to stop her from doing anything she might have regretted later.

Kahlil practically jumped when the door slammed behind him. [member="Riamah"] was either enjoying themselves, or was actually angry. Both made sense. He let out a sigh, pushing back the various feelings he had about being here (Mostly the fear) before meeting the red headed woman's gaze. He joined her at her motion, settling on the floor. What exactly was she planning to do? His gaze traveled for a moment until she spoke up.

"Well, Josh isn't my master. His brother, actually. Gherron." That seemed to be a common misconception. Kahlil idly scratched his chin. That wasn't the point of her question. "My whole life my family dictated what I do, how I do it. Listen, or die. But I was shown I didn't have to. And that I could be free of them and pick my own path. I wasn't planning on being a Jedi. Someone else in my life told me I should, that I might be able to fix my father's mistakes. My wrongs. So I did."

There was a sense of hostility that emanated off Ra and it was directed at the young man. It was controlled fully though, she was stupid enough to lash out at him. As she listened to his answer, she nodded. Josh had been the one to say he was his padawan, but she knew he trained so many people. So both answers were probably accurate.

She noticed he had good control of his emotions and kept them pushed away. As the person putting him through his trial, this was noted and would be mentioned at the end of the process. It was good he followed her direction and sat down on the floor in front of her.

"You had a hand in destroying my life and taking from me a dear friend."

What he didn't know was she had brought him back and for her own sanity, she wasn't going to tell him that. Accepting his answer for what it was, she chose not pursue it further.

"Do you know why you are here?"

Kahlil didn't say anything. [member="Riamah"] wasn't the only life he had taken. Wasn't the only person he had taken someone important from. But she was the first one the young man had to face. He just kept his eyes low, staring at the ground before him. Honestly, he assumed she only wanted him here to belittle and get revenge. Old Sith thoughts entered Kahlil's mind as he sat there.

"I'm not sure."

Of course hers wasn't the only life he had destroyed, but she didn't know that and wouldn't unless he told her. Ra kept a tight reign on what she wanted to do to Kahlil and kept it to what she needed to do.

"You are to be tested and I am the one that is going to administer it."

Her tone was crisp, cold, emotionless now and her face reflected it. This was business and while she truly hoped to get some pleasure out of it, she noticed the drastic change in the young man.

"Do I scare you that much?"

Oh, good. She was going to test him. Kahlil fully expected [member="Riamah"] to be administrating some sort of combat trial, one where she could exact her blood toll all she wanted. She wasn't a Jedi. And the young man knew better then to think she'd hold herself to their standards. She was living in a Sith Lord's temple after all. But did she actually scare him? He stayed silent for a moment, thinking.

"No, you don't." They had fought before, and it would of ended with Ria's capture had she not escaped the way she did. He wasn't scared of the woman, but of the past she brought with her. The darkness that he still struggled to leave behind.

Either Kahlil had changed or he was doing a really good job at keeping his real personality buried. She eyed him a great amount of suspicion. Her question and patience allowed him the time he needed to think on his answer. Nodding when he said he didn't fear her, she accepted the answer.

"Good. Let's get started, young one."

It could be seen as an insult to call him that, but to Ra it was a simple statement of fact.

Standing up, she drew out a knife. Nothing special about it and threw it in the direction of Kahlil. It was a small test of his reflexes and actually would hurt him if it wasn't intercepted, stopped or destroyed.

"Young? I'm not that yo-" His voice caught as he suddenly felt a pang of danger in the Force. A subtle warning. Before he even knew what it was Kahlil jumped back from where he was sitting. The dull thud of the knife caught his attention as he stared down at it. Then up to [member="Riamah"] . She did say she was going to test him. A nervous smile took over his features as he pulled free his lightsaber, thumbing the blue blade into existence.

"Okay."

This was no longer about revenge or bloodlust. While Ra wanted to take out her anger, Kahlil was not the correct target. He had taken from her somebody very close, but it seemed he too had left those days behind him. Neither one of them could erase their pasts, but they could let them rest there.

Letting the knife rest where it had landed, she nodded. She found it slightly amusing he tried to say he wasn't that young. Keeping that buried, she buckled down to accomplish what they were here for.

In a blink of an eye, she had faded from view and through the Force. He would have to rely upon his Force sense until she revealed herself.

One of her knives rested on the floor, the other was still hidden in a boot and it came into her hand. A quick dash behind him and another knife thrown. Her movement was silent and once that knife was gone, she ran in his direction. At the last moment, she flicked her wrists and her two short sabers came into her hands.

Igniting them, she attempted to slash his right side and held her offhand saber ready to block any attack he might try on her.

It was incredibly fortunate the young man had picked Soresu of all forms to learn. The emphasis on feeling the threats around him, seen and unseen, to better defend himself. And of course, the heavy favor of defense over anything else would prove the most useful out of everything he had in his skill set to offer against [member="Riamah"] . In the smallest of movements he turned his shoulder, letting the dagger pass by harmlessly before he turned to face the woman behind him.

His eyes were closed. They would only trick him with how she was using her skills now. With that same faint movement his blade would catch hers own to deflect it away, using as little effort as he could. Save his strength, wear out his opponent. What ever her test was, he'd outlast her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom