Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Ocean Blue

Kahlil_Div2.png

In that time Kahlil had let the Anselmi go. The pirate wasn't a threat, but more importantly the pirate also pulled a gun. Spouting out nonesense with a damn gillhead helping them, denying it, and ultimately stealing one of Kahlil's speeders to go off in the distance. The larger figure didn't seem to mind. There was no reason to strike the pirate down, and maybe through helping them they'd change their way of thinking.

Good can bring good. It was something to believe in.

As Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam popped back up on the dock Kahlil waved, offering a smile. "Hey, kid. Told ya you didn't have to rush back."

Rhemti_Div.png

"I couldn't have rushed if I wanted to." Rhemti chuckled, his expression sheepish as he pulled himself atop the dock with a slight groan. "My family assaulted me the moment I arrived, getting away quickly was not an option."

The young Nautolan male moved to bring out his fathers old shoddy data pad so as to transfer over the units and a bag that hung from his hip, filled with a couple pounds of harvested kelp. "Was the Anselmi alright?" Rhem inquired curiously, looking out over the water.

Last edited:

Rhemti_Div.png

"Well hopefully they stay away. Don't need them coming back and ruining our harvest or anything.." Rhemti looked a little worried, his brow furrowed as he too looked off in the direction Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble had, before looking back down to the sea and the direction of his fathers farm. "Last thing we need is a difficult season because I saved one pirate.." The young Nautolan male glanced back to Kahlil, smiling goofily once more.

"Thanks again, Kahlil. For helping out, for delivering the shipment. I know it was your job, but still, thank you." He held out the bag of harvested kelp, "This is for you as well."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Even if they come back, you should never regret saving a life. It's not our place to judge who lives or who dies." Kahlil hummed, casually dispensing some Jedi knowledge he'd picked up in his time at the Temple. Unironically making him chuckle before taking the bag of kelp from Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam . "Appreciated, truly." Then he was looking at his ship again. Honestly, it'd be a bit before it got up and running and Kahlil knew it.

He let out a sigh before turning his gaze back to the Nautolan.

".. You dunno how to use a gun, right?"

Rhemti_Div.png
Rhemti looked a bit confused at the wisdom being delivered to him at that moment, but more so because he thought what Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble had said was common sense? You see someone in trouble, you help them. He didn't regret saving the Anselmi's life, he just hoped that the Anselmi would pay in kind by leaving his home alone.

"A gun? What.. What's a gun?" He flashed that goofy smile, though it had a firm air of confused curiosity to it. The young Nautolan decided to file away his other questions, regarding common sense of others in the galaxy, so as to find out about what this 'gun' was.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil blinked. Then glanced to the blaster he'd taken away from Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam . And laughed. "Uh, this. That I tossed you. Didn't uh, well. Good thing you didn't have to fire it I guess." He let out a sigh. At least the Nautolan didn't shoot himself after he'd tossed the gun his way. Silver linings. Whatever the case, Kahlil would show Rhemti how to fire a gun. It'd be hours before his ship was repaired, and he couldn't think much else for them to do or how to help the kid out. Basic stuff. How to aim, shoot. Reload.

That sort of thing to pass the time.

Rhemti_Div.png

Rhemti might have been clueless about some things, but that didn't mean he wasn't quick to pick it up; the young Nautolan male had the basics down within an hour at least, if not a bit longer. He kept a close eye to what Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble taught him, soaking up all the information like a sponge, though he wondered why the spacer was being so generous in the first place.

"Kahlil, why are you teaching me how to use a blaster?" His tone was of genuine curiosity, looking down at the blaster in his red hands before back up to the taller, older man.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Just in case." He didn't go much further into details then that, but the unspoken reality was enough to linger between them. There would always be pirates. And sometimes fighting was needed. If Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam wanted to protect his family, it'd be important that the boy at least knew how. He glanced to the blaster before looking back towards the Nautolan, nodding to it.

"Keep it."

Just in case.. The young Nautolan's brow furrowed as he thought about it. Pirates, angered Anselmi, wild creatures out for food; danger would never truly go away, his family had just been smart enough to find a good plot of land that was out of the way of most dangers, hidden away, but that didnt mean the danger was gone. Being attacked by the pirates today was proof they were still out there, proof that not everyone was as kind and full of common decency as he had once thought.

"Thank you. Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble . I appreciate it greatly." He once more flashed that goofy smile, gratitude shining in his eyes as he awkwardly held his gift, subtly wondering to himself if the blaster would work underwater.

Kahlil_Div2.png

The blaster would not work underwater, ironically enough. It was something Kahlil would have to get a different blaster for, at some point. Sonic weaponry was better for it. Hours would pass before his ship finally was in enough repair to get it back out in space. But in those hours something worse happened. News traveled fast. Pirates, especially those off world, were notoriously cruel to anyone who stood against them. They had to be.

For Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam , that meant his kindness hadn't gone unpunished. The other native of their planet and their blind hatred for Nautolans shown through, and a bounty was set on his head. It wasn't all bad, though. In the hours that ticked by Kahlil picked up on the sensitivity of the boy. With that in mind, and the new bounty on his head, the larger man ended up offering to take Rhemti to the Jedi. There he would be safe, and his family wouldn't be targeted by the bounty that had been set on his head.

And maybe, Kahlil could teach him more of the Force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom