Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Observator-class Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
1267o7r.jpg

[SIZE=10pt]Intent:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] To develop a Star Destroyer specifically for use by the Inquisitorius, as well as other "elite" sectors of the Imperial military.
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/13981-the-reclamation-of-helska-sith-empire-dominion-of-helska/
Manufacturer: Subach-Innes
Model: Star Destroyer
Affiliation: Sith Empire
Modularity: Yes
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel(hull), Quadanium steel(frame)
Description: Very few people in the Imperial military have heard of the Observator-class Star Destroyer, and even less have seen or even served on a vessel of this class. Shredding the archetype of an Imperial capital ship being arrow-shaped into tiny little pieces, the Observator has a boxy shape, somewhat like a Dreadnaught cruiser, allowing for maximum firepower to be dedicated from four sides of the ship at incoming hostiles.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Like most Subach-created Star Destroyers, the Observator utilizes an antimatter reactor, and has two backup hyperdrives. Specialized equipment of a sensitive nature is also included in the [/SIZE]design, such as advanced shielding, communication encryption, and electronic jamming to help dissuade ordinance. However, the result is an exceptionally expensive ship, of which only a dozen have been made so far. Of these, half of their whereabouts are known: One was given to each of the Sith Lords, one was given to the Emperor's personal fleet, one was taken to R&D for study, and another is currently serving as flagship of the Inquisitorius. The other six are unaccounted for.
[SIZE=10pt]Classification:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Capital Ship
Role: Special Operations
Height: 600m
Width: 500m
Length: 2000m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: 2:1 Ratio Matter/Antimatter Reactor, Fusion Reactor(for secondary backup hyperdrive)
Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1 (Class 5 backup, Class 10 secondary backup)
Minimum Crew: 3000
Optimal Crew: 9000
Armaments:
Twin heavy turbolaser turret (9)
Medium turbolaser battery (50)
Turbolaser battery (70)
Ion cannon battery (20)
Tractor beam (10)
Flak gun (100)

Hangar:
TIE Taral (36)
TIE Rapier (24)
TIE Galaxy (24)
S90 MAAT Gunship (10)
AT-TT with Landing Barges (45)
Z3 Aerial Attack Drone (10)
Prefabricated Garrison Base (1)

Non-Combative Attachments: Sensors, shields, encryption equipment, electronic jammers
Passenger Capacity: 2500
Cargo Capacity: 20,000 metric tons
Consumables: 5 years
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 7.5
[/SIZE]

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
Here are my current beefs

• The most simple, there is no artist credit
  • Since this ship is 2k meters, it classifies as a Command Ship. To that end, it's loadout is entirely off. It's too under-equipped to fit any of the classifications and that means I have no real way of judging the hanger aside from the fact that it looks to heavy for any of the classifications.
  • Also, if the ship is mass-produced I wouldn't make reference to the exact number of ship there are. In fact, from how it reads this should be Minor-Production, some edits are due there
  • Finally, I can't see a Command Ship serving a stealth or Special Forces role at all. The only way I could see it playing that part is if it was out of the system and providing communications for ground teams. To that end, i'd say that you wouldn't need near anything this big for that task.
When you have fixed it up just mention me @[member="Circe Savan"]

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
While my prior judgment still stands, I now have to inform you that other problems have come to that I now have to address, After quickly reading through the Helska dominion I find that no adequate build up stands in that thread. For this, the following stamp is issued

rejected.png

• For inadequate build up for a ship over 1k meters
Pending RPJ agreement

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
I have read over the dominion of Helska, and I must say I see nothing resembling the build up of a command ship. Roughly half of your posts are pumping water, roughly half are talking to Vazela, with the rest people dealing with pirates, with a notable one post of a tactical droid asking the effects of the pump on the environment. Our standard for ships over 1000m long is a 40 post thread with 3 or more unique writers serving to one end. What I see here is one writer serving their need in the middle of everyone doing something else, which does not fit our requirements.

Furthermore, this ship has several other issues. Namely

-Ships over 1700m cannot be mass produced under our new system
-Your ship has 716 guns(It should be noted that your error here is not thinking Turbos and Ions were equivalent of eachother), which is over-capacity for a balanced design
-Your ship is (Supposed to be) a balanced configuration, and while you're not carrying your full capacity of gunships the Z-3 Attack Drone is strong and large enough to be considered a gunship in it's own right, so in effect you're over capacity there as well.
-Secondary and Tertiary Hyperdrives take energy, and that should be accounted for with a spectaluar and/or additional dev thread(especially in the case of a tertiary hyperdrive). Furthermore, additional hyperdrives are nowhere near that fast. I personally cannot approve a backup hyperdrive that isn't higher than ten, and a tertiary hyperdrive should be in the early twenties.

Ultimately, if the Dev Thread was the only issue I'd request the dev thread go further on, or another one, but after reviewing the Dev Thread you listed you never had one that provided a feasible reason for this improvement in the Sith Armada, and with your other outstanding issues it'd be easier if you just started from scratch. This submission is thus denied, for insufficient development as well as powergaming in multiple aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom