Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oblivion Edition E-11 Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
E-11_btm.jpg
Image Source: Canon E-11
Intent: To continue popularizing blaster combat with yet another funky enchanted gun
Development Thread: Here - In cooperation with Levantine and Tion Hegemony efforts to improve planetary security, Rave investigates and analyzes the Mindharp of Sharu at a risk to her own memories
And here - Phrik obtained, other threads available on request
Manufacturer: Akure Executive Leatherworks/Mohc Extractives, under replica license from BlasTech Industries
Model: Oblivion Edition E-11
Affiliation: Personal
Modularity: Can fit the same limited, standard add-ons as a normal E-11
Production: Limited (7)
Material: Phrik and alchemized blaster components
Description: The Oblivion E-11 is an alchemized collector's edition replica of the ancient, iconic weapon. Somewhat lighter than the original, and virtually indestructible apart from its power packs, it is otherwise identical to the Imperial Stormtrooper blaster rifle -- at least visually. Each bolt, however, is coexistent with an extrusion of a very specific, very rare Force-based effect, which Rave Merrill derived from her studies of the Mindharp of Sharu. The Mindharp was a key, long ago, to the process which had hidden the memories and genius of the Sharu people. It was eventually claimed by the Sith Empire; when Rave Merrill found it in a long-quarantined dining room on Etti IV, it appeared that [member="Darth Voracitos"] might have been attempting to use it as a fork, or convince himself that he wasn't full. At significant risk to her own memories and genius, she engaged with the malfunctioning artifact, and emerged shaken but inspired.

A user of tutaminis would be able to dissipate the bolt's plasma but not the vastly different forgetfulness element. To resist the forgetfulness element would require freedom from distraction, as well as significant experience in mental defense and awareness of the gun's function -- rather difficult to acquire when the last two seconds of your memory is a wash. A lightsaber will block both the corporeal bolt and the overlaid Force effect, due to the Jedi weapon's innate Force connection. Heavily Force-attuned weapons and armor will often do the same to a greater or lesser degree (even Hion the Herglic's Freudian Slip would weaken the forgetfulness effect, though the blaster bolt would punch through easily). Non-alchemical lightsabre-resistant armor will generally stop the plasma bolt but not the Force effect.

A glancing shot from the gun, or a shot through weak Force-attuned attire or armor, will generally Memory Rub the last second or two of its target's short-term memory. The resulting disorientation is usually quite mild, on the order of 'Uh, I think I was shooting at that guy, yes, definitely shooting at that guy.' Even a glancing blow is more than enough to disrupt Force-users who are in the middle of gathering power for a substantial strike. A more solid hit may remove minutes or even hours, apart from the blaster damage: 'Last thing I remember is breakfast -- Oh feth, that guy's shooting at me, better shoot back.' Repeated direct hits, should they be survived through whatever means, often begin to damage long-term memory: 'Wait, why am I on this planet again? Remind me what your name is?' On the off chance that a target takes even more hits and survives, or was shot a dozen or two dozen times while wearing Mandalorian iron or something along those lines, serious damage to long-term memory may result: 'Why am I wearing all this brown burlap?' The absolute maximum extent of the gun's abilities, requiring perhaps a hundred shots, would result in a functional form of amnesia -- the target would retain literacy and the ability to perform daily tasks such as eating and hygiene, but little more. It would not, unlike the true Mindharp, impair cognitive function. As a note, the granularity of the gun's effects allows the target's RP'er wide latitude in determining the result of a hit.

Reversal of this effect would require effort proportional to the degree of damage. It's possible that long-term mnemotherapy performed by a Master-level Jedi healer would provide the best results in extreme cases.

Classification: Blaster
Size: Handheld
Status: As legal or illegal as any small blaster rifle, depending on region
Length: 49.2cm (stock)
Weight: 4kg
Ammunition Type: Power cell, gas canister
Ammunition Capacity: 500 shots power cell/gas canister combination (stock)
Effective Range: 300m (stock)

[member="Jacen Cavill"] - Added the following:

The absolute maximum extent of the gun's abilities, requiring perhaps a hundred shots, would result in a functional form of amnesia -- the target would retain literacy and the ability to perform daily tasks such as eating and hygiene, but little more. It would not, unlike the true Mindharp, impair cognitive function.

Reversal of this effect would require effort proportional to the degree of damage. It's possible that long-term mnemotherapy performed by a Master-level Jedi healer would provide the best results in extreme cases.

How's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom