Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Oathbreaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
1418427849949.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create a personal weapon for Abigail Meredydd, as she doesn't have a lightsaber yet.
Image Source: www.JasonFelix.com
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Abigail Meredydd
Affiliation: Abigail Meredyydd
Model: N/A
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Wood, steel and Songsteel

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Spear
Size: Average
Weight: Light

SPECIAL FEATURES
Having all of the basic features of a spear, this weapon separates itself from the rest by being lightsaber resistant, making it a good choice against lightsaber wielding enemies.

Strengths:

Lightsaber resistant - Thanks to the spear being made with Songsteel, this weapon won't be cut in half when struck with a lightsaber, making it effective against lightsaber wielding foes.

Armour piercing - Apart from it's anti-lightsaber purpose, it also has been created with armour wearing foes in mind. It's sharp tip can easily pierce average armour if the spear is thrust with a bit of strength. Any armour sturdier than 'average' can not be penetrated at all, no matter the amount of strength the wielder puts in their thrust.

Weaknesses:

Mastery - Because of the long shape of the spear, it is quite hard to truly master using the weapon, as it is quite common for inexperienced users to hit themselves with the other end of the spear during an attack, which can end up leaving them vulnerable.

The Cheap Variant - While the spear is designed with a basic lightsaber in mind, it falls flat on a number of points. The spear is unable to deflect blasterbolts, doesn't cut through objects, and is generally weaker than a lightsaber in almost any way. While it is lightsaber resistant, because it is not made out of Songsteel alone, if one were to smash the spear and a lightsaber into each other for a few minutes without stopping, the spear would be the one that would eventually break. The spear is able to be repaired between fights, but to do so time and proper materials are needed.

DESCRIPTION
During her search to find one of her old instructors, Abigail found herself trapped in an old training facility without a weapon. She stole a basic spear that once belonged to a man long forgotten, put on display in one of the rooms. After having fought her way out of the facility, barely escaping with her life, Abigail was impressed by the spear's design and it's potential effectiveness on the battlefield. The only problem it had was that it stood no chance against lightsabers at all, which pushed Abigail towards enhancing the weapon with Songsteel, perfecting it as much as she could to be used in modern combat.

[member="Abigail Meredydd"]

Hi, I'm the factory judge who'll be reviewing this submission today. Honestly, this is a very nice little sub and I don't see any major issues at all, there is just one point I'd like clarification on if you don't mind so we can avoid any confusion in the future.

Abigail Meredydd said:
Size:Between Average and Large ( The spear is thin but long )

How does the size of the spear compare to other spears? The size and weight of a sub are as compared to a classification. So the size of Oathbreaker should be compared to other spears. If you could please let me know about the specifications of the spear in relation to other spears that would help prevent any future misunderstanding. Of course, you don't have to alter the sub if you don't want to. Please tag me back and let me know what you want to do so we can pass this up.

[member="John Locke"]

Oh, I didn't know that! It's a relatively basic spear, so the size would be about the same as the average spear, so I've adjusted the size to be average.

Hopefully that's okay! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom