Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Null-Zec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
2ZqXapv.png
Schistosoma_20041-300.jpg
Image Source: Google!
Intent: To create a way to counter force users and bring anonymity back
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Various
Model: Null-Zec
Affiliation: Saeva Incorporated
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Organic
Description:
The Null-Zec as one might expect from its appearance is in fact, a parasite.

Originally conceived of by Yuuzhan Vong shapers within Titan Industries the Null-Zec was developed as a way to render non-Yuuzhan Vong undetectable by Force Users. This essentially meant bringing the 'deadness' of the Yuuzhan Vong to other non-vong beings. The parasite itself is a biological crossbreed of several Yuuzhan Vong species, including the Yuuzhan Vong themselves.

Of course, this was found to be highly difficult, and even impossible with the method that was originally conceived. As such, the Null-Zec does not render the host force dead or completely invisible in the force, instead it disperses their signature within the force.

To further clarify on this point, a person that is infected with the Null-Zec is not immune to physical attacks born of the force. They can be grabbed, choked, electrocuted, incinerated, and so on. Instead what the Null-Zec does is render the users force signature oddly dispersed. This means that from a distance it is highly improbably, if not impossible, to sense the host of the Null-Zec in the force. Instead of rendering them completely invisible however, it simply disperses the signature, making the host blend with the life around it.

This means that the more living things are around the host of the Null-Zec, the more effective it is. It should be noted that this means all living things, not just sentient beings.

At close range, the effects of the Null-Zec take on a different attribute but also become immediately more recognizable. The host of the Null-Zec, due to the dispersal effect that the Null-Zec has, becomes incredibly difficult to read through the force. Intention, emotion, stamina, and all other qualities normally readable by the force become incredibly difficult to ascertain due to the melding of the hosts force signature to the others around them. Of course to a force user, these effects are incredibly noticeable, and as such the closer one gets to the host of the Null-Zec, the simpler it becomes to actually find them.

The trade off for all of these things is quite simple, like many other Yuuzhan Vong biots the Null-Zec is an incredibly painful experience. The creature is implanted beneath the hosts skin, generally placed on the host and then allowed to burrow deep under the tissue. This process is extremely painful, many people passing out during the procedure or sometimes even dying of shock. Removing the creature is similarly painful.

Once in place, the Null-Zec latches on to its host and essentially never lets go. It feeds off of the bodies nutrients and leeches off of the host. This means that the host will get hungry and thirsty far faster than normally.

The last effect of the Null-Zec is its odd reaction to force users. Though all creatures are technically effected by the force, when the Null-Zec is implanted into someone who is trained and strong within its use, the parasite has a habit of...going insane. After digging into a host and given time to adapt to the system, the Null-Zec will 'sense' a force users training and strength. Once this 'sense' is acquired the creature is driven into a mad rage. It begins to twist, dig, and maim its way through the hosts body, wreaking havoc on muscle, bone, and internal organs. It is unknown why the creature reacts this way, however it makes its use by Force Users completely and entirely impossible.

As stated before the Null-Zec was designed and conceived by Titan Industries. However, when Kiran Vess left Titan Industries he left with quite a few secrets, the breeding process and shaping protocols of the Null-Zec was one of these secrets. Now that Saeva is officially off the ground and producing millions of credits, it was easy enough to find a few rogue shapers that would create these creatures for him on various worlds and facilities.

Strengths:
Dispersal: The main, and only real strength of the Null-Zec is its ability to disperse the force signature of the host. This simple effect makes it so that the Host of the Null-Zec is more difficult to find and read within the force. This dispersal effect functions simply by divesting the hosts force signature enough that they begin to blend into the life around them. As such the effect is more powerful when surrounded by more living things. This includes all living things, not just sentient beings. The effect is permanent as long as the parasite stays in place.

Weaknesses:
Painful: The Null-Zec like many Yuuzhan Vong biots is incredibly painful to implement and utilize. Like most Vong Biots, the creature itself burrows into the body and finds its place within the hosts skin, becoming like another organ. This process is incredibly painful and time consuming, taking on average five minutes and more often than not requiring anesthesia to finish without the patient becoming harmed due to their own thrashing.

Hunger: Like any other living creature the Null-Zec required nutrients to survive. These nutrients are directly taken from the Host, and as such are taxing on the Hosts system. As such when one play host to a Null-Zec they find themselves getting far more hungry and thirsty than they normally would at a faster rate.

Force Users: The Null-Zec has an extremely violent reaction to Force Users. As such when implanted in a Force User, or in someone who has the potential to use the force, the Null-Zec goes wild and causes unpleasantness. As such the Null-Zec cannot be used by Force Users.

[member="Kiran Vess"]

Alright. Neat idea. When I first started reading through it, it looked like an anti-scrying tool. Something to use against passive detection, but useless against active searches when the opposition has a good idea of where you are.
But... then there were the close-range effects... Which, for some reason, makes the equipped individual even harder to detect when the searching individual is closer to the target.
And adds an extra layer of protection from mental attacks...

And it tortures any Force User that happens to get one stuck to them.

Leech, Tick, Yeerk...

Nasty little bugger.

For starters though, can you explain the means by which this Yuuzhan Vong Biot/Species is capable of defusing the "force signature" of its host?
And can you provide any canon examples or basis for the abilities of this creature, or any canon or otherwise existing base species from which such an ability could be derived?

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="War Hydra"]

All Yuuzhan Vong creatures, biots, and creations are naturally force dead(save for Voxyn). This creature shares that, and I would call that my canon basis for this, since essentially all I'm trying to do is create a lesser version of the force deadness that comes from Vongshaping or other biots.

As for how it works...uhhh...Star Wars Science Fiction magic? My most logical excuse would be that it gives off a toxin into the bloodstream that scrambles and messes with the midi-chlorians in the body(since all living things have them) and this causes the "dispersal" effect. It's not really important how it works, 90% of all Yuuzhan Vong stuff is never explained, and honestly doesn't need to be. This isn't overpowered or gamebreaking, just an additive to give NFU a chance.

[member="Kiran Vess"]

Yes, but you expressly stated in the submission that the parasite does not make the infected host Force Dead.

And a creature of this nature, one that deadens or at least dampens an individuals signature in the force, would produce less effective results as the "sensing individual" got to closer ranges.

And while I (as a NFU writer) am aaaaaaall for toys that help protect against mental attacks, I can't see a reason why this creature would have the desired effect of increased resistance to mental attacks while not effecting physical, elemental, or "force choke" type attacks.

Somewhere in here, there are a handful of logical fallacies that need to be worked out before we can approve this or determine an appropriate size of dev thread before this can be approved.

I like all the ideas you're trying to do here, and I want to see this little nasty get played with, but I need it to be fair, balanced, and make just a little bit more sense before I can let that happen.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="War Hydra"]

I'll gladly take out the resistance to mental attacks if its a sticking point.

My reasoning for that is that when a force user attacks one mentally, they have to focus on that person. This creature make focusing on a single person much harder(due to the dispersal) as such it becomes harder to attack their mind since they can't focus on that person. I thought it was something neat, but it's not required in the submission for what I'm shooting to accomplish.

[member="Kiran Vess"]

It is a bit of a sticking point. Personally, I was hoping that you'd come up with a clever reason for it from a force ability or chemical standpoint.

But I also agree that it is a side feature. It's a neat little side feature, but it's just a side feature. (maybe another parasite at a later time?)

The core of the submission is a parasite that provides stealth bonuses against detection via the Force. Which, is something that I love. My only issue with it is that all other stealth technology becomes less effective as other individuals get closer. Either because they notice a blurred outline of the wearer, flaws in the projected image, or notices a blur of movement. Even just dusty footsteps or something similarly mundane can give them away, all of which becomes exponentially more likely as the searching individual gets closer to the stealth individual. Even when the stealthed individual is approaching an unaware individual, there are certain distances where the threat of being noticed is simply too great to continue approaching.

I need the mechanics of this submission to be similar. Whatever the process is through which the parasite makes its host difficult to spot (via the force or otherwise), it needs to be less and less effective as other individuals get closer and closer.

[member="Kiran Vess"]

Ok. I've talked it over with a few other judges and we've come up with something that I think will work a bit better for you.

I want you to take what you have here and re-work it into a non-vong species sub.

Hear me out here.

The effect you are describing this species as creating... is very, very similar to how I've always had my force users hide themselves from other force users.
I've no idea if it is actually a specific force ability or not, but it sounds very appropriate.

Now here's the thing.

There are plenty of canon species that utilize the force as a natural part of their being.
Vornskrs can sense it and hunt with it.
Ysalamiri create a bubble of nope to hide themselves from Vornskrs.
Jackobeasts create Force Push.

So, what we can do is create a natural species that evolved on a planet with predators that have similar abilities to Vornskrs.
This species is a small parasite that burrows into a host and lives off of its blood. Something like a tick/leech hybrid.
Now, the ideal host for this parasite also happens to have a very nasty predator that comes after it using the Force to find it.

Now, the host species hasn't done jack to protect itself from the predator.
But the parasite species has found a way to naturally produce a force ability on behalf of the host, which keeps both of them alive.

I think that sounds a lot more plausible than trying to create a vong hybrid/biot that creates a similar force-based ability, but also happens to be vong and have all those vong-force-issues.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="War Hydra"]

That would;

A. Require me to make a species submission

and

B. Make this product available to more than just Saeva Incorporated

I don't want to do either of these things, but thank you for the suggestion. I more than believe that the basis for such a creature already exists within Yuuzhan Vong biots. Not only because of the natural force deadness within Yuuzhan Vong Biots, but because its already implied that Ooglith Masquers and Cloakers apply this effect to other beings, or thats how it reads in the novels anyway. So the basis for a Vong biot is already there, at least in my opinion.

[member="Kiran Vess"]

I've researched Ooglith Masquers and Cloakers. They exist as a physical suit that covers an individual's face and (often) serve as a sort of space suit. There are also more rare variants that allow an individual Yuuzhan Vong to wear the face of another Yuuzhan Vong. The suit itself is Force Dead, but does not convey that force deadness to the wearer. Whether or not an individual wearing the suit is "masked" within the force-deadness of the suit is irrelevant, as it does not transfer its own abilities to the wearer. There is, however, an amendment that is quite interesting. A variant of the Ooglith was made using genetic material from "local" species (as in, species from this galaxy) that lacked the Force Dead effect of the original Ooglith.

Which is interesting, as it implies that any Vong species or Biot created using species from "this" galaxy would lack the Force Dead aspect entirely.

All the same. What you've created here is a species, whole and complete. Not a biot. Wanting to sell it has no effect on that matter.

I'm going to have to insist that this be re-submitted in the species codex, as that is the appropriate location for this submission.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="War Hydra"]

I'm going to have to argue for a second.

In the past, tons of Yuuzhan Vong biots have been submitted as technology templates, here are a few;

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/36337-bafforka-bore-worm/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/34638-vonduun-skerr-aquus/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/34469-vonduun-skerr-draxus/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/34697-ooglith-noxokk/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/34277-vonduun-skerr-kraetos/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/45903-arachnostaff/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/33866-hydrastaff/

These are all living creatures and species, yet were subbed as technology. How is this any different?

[member="Kiran Vess"]

Most of these examples are from Factory 2.0, and are no longer valid sources of precedence.

Additionally, most of these are clearly armor or weapon analogs and clearly fit into the realm of the technology factory.
The only one of these to come close to this current submission is the Bafforka Worm. Which, arguably, fits into a very specific grey area.
It is a tool used during the shaping process to modify a creature as it is being created, but it is left inside the new organism after the process is complete.
Though it remains inside the creature as a parasite, it serves no further function and the host creature does not lose the previous benefits should it be removed.

The overall form and function of the abilities caused by these two parasites, and the nature of how these benefits are transferred to a host organism are vastly different.
All the same, I'm still requesting that this submission be sent to the Codex. And were the Bafforka Worm re-subbed tomorrow, I'd send it there as well.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="War Hydra"]

That's entirely up to your discretion and within your power.

However,

This creature is a biot, it is intended as a biot, an organic technological tool to achieve a specific function. It serves this function and was created to do that and only that. Like other Yuuzhan Vong biots it was artificially created and bred in seclusion to do a specific thing. In my opinion, that renders it as a technology sub, and past precedent, including many more submissions that have been made more recently(Can be provided if asked), would I believe, side with me.

As such, I'm going to respectfully ask for the Factory Admin to give a ruling on this as I believe it will set precedent for a lot of future subs regarding Yuuzhan Vong Bio-technology.

Kiran Vess said:
[member="War Hydra"]

That's entirely up to your discretion and within your power.

However,

This creature is a biot, it is intended as a biot, an organic technological tool to achieve a specific function. It serves this function and was created to do that and only that. Like other Yuuzhan Vong biots it was artificially created and bred in seclusion to do a specific thing. In my opinion, that renders it as a technology sub, and past precedent, including many more submissions that have been made more recently(Can be provided if asked), would I believe, side with me.

As such, I'm going to respectfully ask for the Factory Admin to give a ruling on this as I believe it will set precedent for a lot of future subs regarding Yuuzhan Vong Bio-technology.
Yammosks are also Biots, but are often treated as NPC's.

The word Biot itself does not denote whether a creature is a tool or a creature. In most situations, a Biot can easily be identified via a direct technological counterpart. Be it a sword, staff, shield, body armor, space suit, cloak, chair, interface helmet, artificial arm, whatever...

Now, I've spoken to two other Judges on the matter and each of them agreed that this submission would be better served in the Species Codex. But, for sake of argument, I will pass your request on to the Factory Admin. Though doing so may count as your second chance for this submission.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="War Hydra"]

War Hydra said:
The word Biot itself does not denote whether a creature is a tool or a creature.In most situations, a Biot can easily be identified via a direct technological counterpart.Be it a sword, staff, shield, body armor, space suit, cloak, chair, interface helmet, artificial arm, whatever...
By this argument I would simply compare the Null-Zec to a cybernetic implant within the body that uses some silly sci-fi method to scramble a force signature. Pretty simple and clearly a factory sub.

Historically, if I'm not mistaken, all Yuuzhan Vong biots have been submitted to the factory, not the Codex. Even though technically every single biot is in fact a living creature. This is why I believe it is a gray area and requires the Factory Admins comment and final say, otherwise I would have simply requested another Factory Judge.

Also yes, I expected that would be the case :)

Despite the submission being something organic, the "slug" in question is considered tech since it cannot be roleplayed as something with a personality or having true cognitive thought. I do have to say though if anyone that has possession of one of these slugs and begins to roleplay it as it having cognitive thought etc - the submission will be revoked and forced to go through the codex. The Vong are one of those weird grey areas and we will treat it as tech as long as it remains as such.

If there are no other things in question [member="War Hydra"] please post this as pending secondary approval. [member="Kiran Vess"]

[member="Kiran Vess"]

Alright, back to the review process!

So far, this appears to basically be a custom version of Taozin Amulet and does... essentially the same thing. But it's alive. So... maggot version of a Taozin?

Kiran Vess said:
This essentially meant bringing the 'deadness' of the Yuuzhan Vong to other non-vong beings. The parasite itself is a biological crossbreed of several Yuuzhan Vong species, including the Yuuzhan Vong themselves. Of course, this was found to be highly difficult, and even impossible with the method that was originally conceived. As such, the Null-Zec does not render the host force dead or completely invisible in the force, instead it disperses their signature within the force.
Since the actual effects of the creature have nothing to do with being Force Dead, I need this removed to prevent confusion from the average reader.
That being said... In order for the creature to effect the force, it has to sacrifice its own Force Dead status, just like the Voxyn and other similar species.

Kiran Vess said:
Instead of rendering them completely invisible however, it simply disperses the signature, making the host blend with the life around it. This means that the more living things are around the host of the Null-Zec, the more effective it is. It should be noted that this means all living things, not just sentient beings.
How large of an area do you see this creature able to disperse an aura over?
Is there a maximum sized creature this parasite could effect? Could it hide a Rancor?

Kiran Vess said:
This means that the more living things are around the host of the Null-Zec, the more effective it is. It should be noted that this means all living things, not just sentient beings.
I'm going to need you to also specify that this critter is less effective in urban and desert environments, as well as on spaceships and other areas where an abundance of local wilderness is not available. I mean.. "Time Square" kinda crowded area? Sure. "Back Ally" or "Starship Hallway"? Not going to have the same effect.

Kiran Vess said:
At close range, the effects of the Null-Zec take on a different attribute but also become immediately more recognizable. The host of the Null-Zec, due to the dispersal effect that the Null-Zec has, becomes incredibly difficult to read through the force. Intention, emotion, stamina, and all other qualities normally readable by the force become incredibly difficult to ascertain due to the melding of emotions from things around it. Of course to a force user, these effects are incredibly noticeable, and as such the closer one gets to the host of the Null-Zec, the simpler it becomes to actually find them.
Do you have any canon evidence for a "force dispersal" effect also effecting the ability of an individual to read "intention, emotion, stamina, and all other qualities" once said individual has detected the stealthed individual? Also, I thought this hid an individual's essence in the force... what's causing it to project emotions and such onto other beings?

Kiran Vess said:
The trade off for all of these things is quite simple, like many other Yuuzhan Vong biots the Null-Zec is an incredibly painful experience. The creature is implanted beneath the hosts skin, generally placed on the host and then allowed to burrow deep under the tissue. This process is extremely painful, many people passing out during the procedure or sometimes even dying of shock. Removing the creature is similarly painful. Once in place, the Null-Zec latches on to its host and essentially never lets go. It feeds off of the bodies nutrients and leeches off of the host. This means that the host will get hungry and thirsty far faster than normally.

This isn't much of a weakness. Sure, it makes for good roleplay if used right, but it isn't much of an actual weakness. The "strength" of this biot is that it grants the host unlimited Force Stealth without requiring any thought or effort on the part of the host. (that reminds me. Can you please include a written list of Strengths and Weaknesses?)

Also, is this a permanent effect, or can the parasite's effect be turned off and on? If so, how is it enabled and disabled.

Kiran Vess said:
The last effect of the Null-Zec is its odd reaction to force users. Though all creatures are technically effected by the force, when the Null-Zec is implanted into someone who is trained and strong within its use, the parasite has a habit of...going insane. After digging into a host and given time to adapt to the system, the Null-Zec will 'sense' a force users training and strength. Once this 'sense' is acquired the creature is driven into a mad rage. It begins to twist, dig, and maim its way through the hosts body, wreaking havoc on muscle, bone, and internal organs. It is unknown why the creature reacts this way, but Kiran remarked that it would make an excellent form of torture.
I understand that "In Character, we don't know why." But OOC, I need to know why this critter acts in such a way. And honestly, I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of approving a torture device that can be shoved in a character that would then have no means of getting it out. Yes, the creature wouldn't be immune to the force... but... the person that happens to get this thing burrowing into their character as a form of "attack" in a pvp thread would likely be a little too distracted to be able to get it out themselves.

If you want it to be there simply as a reason why it "cannot be used by force users", that's one thing.
But actually using it as a form of attack or as a torture device? I cannot recall any torture devices being approved in the past (I may be mistaken. I just... can't think of any off the top of my head.) and believe that "torture" is a bit of a grey area that falls into A- Don't be too graphic, and B- Defending writer must consent to their character undergoing such torture before this can be used against them.

In addition to the above edits and the inclusion of a dedicated Strengths and Weaknesses section, I'll be requiring a 20 post development thread that involves the actual crafting of this biot and explains where some of its physical and force based capabilities comes from. (personally, I'd suggest finding some Taozin larva and using them as the base life form to shape this from. Much like a Vornskr was used to create the Voxyn.)

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="War Hydra"]

War Hydra said:
That being said... In order for the creature to effect the force, it has to sacrifice its own Force Dead status, just like the Voxyn and other similar species.

War Hydra said:
How large of an area do you see this creature able to disperse an aura over? Is there a maximum sized creature this parasite could effect?Could it hide a Rancor?
I feel like there was maybe a misunderstanding and you're reading into the effects of the creature in an entirely different manner than it was originally intended by me. The creature itself doesn't effect the force or living things around it, it only has its effect on the person whom it is implanted within. It's not using an effect in the force or some kind of ability, its simply dispersing the natural signature that a person gives off in the force through a biological means. So both of these points make little to no sense for me to edit.

As for Size, I would assume that the parasite grows to better suit its host and has the same effect.

War Hydra said:
I'm going to need you to also specify that this critter is less effective in urban and desert environments, as well as on spaceships and other areas where an abundance of local wilderness is not available.I mean.."Time Square" kinda crowded area?Sure."Back Ally" or "Starship Hallway"?Not going to have the same effect.
I'm sorry, but I am going to have to pointedly disagree with this. Giving specific locations and markings of where it would and wouldn't be effective seems detrimental to me as a whole. A Starship is filled with literally thousands of people and thus the effect would be phenomenal, unless it was a derelict. Similarly a Back Ally could actually have quite a lot of living creatures in it, Womp Rats, mynocks, hobos, etc. This is a thing that should be RP'd out based on location of use and shouldn't be limited in the sub.

War Hydra said:
Do you have any canon evidence for a "force dispersal" effect also effecting the ability of an individual to read "intention, emotion, stamina, and all other qualities" once said individual has detected the stealthed individual?Also, I thought this hid an individual's essence in the force...what's causing it to project emotions and such onto other beings?
Apologies, this was poor wording on my part that has been cleared up. The Parasite itself doesn't effect emotion, however since the hosts force signature is dispersed the force user would instead "find" other peoples emotions and read those, instead.

Also, I could probably find evidence of this in canon as well but generally people who RP Empath's/Sensory Jedi/Sith find it harder to read people whose signature they can't find in the force, for obvious reasons.

War Hydra said:
This isn't much of a weakness. Sure, it makes for good roleplay if used right, but it isn't much of an actual weakness.The "strength" of this biot is that it grants the host unlimited Force Stealth without requiring any thought or effort on the part of the host.(that reminds me.Can you please include a written list of Strengths and Weaknesses?)
Okay.

Added Strengths and Weaknesses.

War Hydra said:
Also, is this a permanent effect, or can the parasite's effect be turned off and on?If so, how is it enabled and disabled.
Permanent, Unless Slug is removed. Added into the sub.

War Hydra said:
But OOC, I need to know why this critter acts in such a way.
I'm sorry, but I can't do this. Explaining it would only increase the complexity of the submission, and more importantly it would likely be entirely biologically incorrect as I am neither a doctor nor know anything about anatomy. There's no real reason to explain why the creature does this. However I did add in an ooc note that yes, this is entirely to prevent its use by force users.

War Hydra said:
But actually using it as a form of attack or as a torture device?
Fair is fair. Mentions of torture have been removed.

War Hydra said:
I'll be requiring a 20 post development thread that involves the actual crafting of this biot and explains where some of its physical and force based capabilities comes from.
I will gladly provide a dev thread, however as it has no forced based capabilities I won't be including that.

[member="Kiran Vess"]

Kiran Vess said:
I feel like there was maybe a misunderstanding and you're reading into the effects of the creature in an entirely different manner than it was originally intended by me. The creature itself doesn't effect the force or living things around it, it only has its effect on the person whom it is implanted within. It's not using an effect in the force or some kind of ability, its simply dispersing the natural signature that a person gives off in the force through a biological means. So both of these points make little to no sense for me to edit. As for Size, I would assume that the parasite grows to better suit its host and has the same effect.

Wait. So let me see if I follow you here... Instead of the creature causing the host's signature in the Force to be dispersed over a wide area, you want this creature to be Force Dead and inspire the body of a non-Force Sensitive host to spontaneously and of its own accord diffuse its essence in the Force in a manner similar to a Taozin or some form of force-based stealth ability?

For one... if this is the case... why would this creature freak out if it was implanted in an already force sensitive host, if it's just going to be causing its host to generate its own force abilities anyway?

Kiran Vess said:
I'm sorry, but I am going to have to pointedly disagree with this. Giving specific locations and markings of where it would and wouldn't be effective seems detrimental to me as a whole. A Starship is filled with literally thousands of people and thus the effect would be phenomenal, unless it was a derelict. Similarly a Back Ally could actually have quite a lot of living creatures in it, Womp Rats, mynocks, hobos, etc. This is a thing that should be RP'd out based on location of use and shouldn't be limited in the sub.
I think you and I are having a very different viewpoint of how large an area this creature would cause an individual's force essence to be spread over. I'm going to need you to provide a specific range, in meters, over which this effect can spread a host's essence.

Trying to have this parasite cause someone's essence to spread over, say, an entire city block, throughout an entire skyscraper, throughout an entire capital ship, or over several acres of forest/desert isn't going to fly. A couple meters? Sure. But I can't see this thing spreading the essence over a larger area than, say, a 15-30 meter AOE.

Kiran Vess said:
Strengths:
Dispersal: The main, and only real strength of the Null-Zec is its ability to disperse the force signature of the host. This simple effect makes it so that the Host of the Null-Zec is more difficult to find and read within the force. This dispersal effect functions simply by divesting the hosts force signature enough that they begin to blend into the life around them. As such the effect is more powerful when surrounded by more living things. This includes all living things, not just sentient beings. The effect is permanent as long as the parasite stays in place.

Weaknesses:
Painful: The Null-Zec like many Yuuzhan Vong biots is incredibly painful to implement and utilize. Like most Vong Biots, the creature itself burrows into the body and finds its place within the hosts skin, becoming like another organ. This process is incredibly painful and time consuming, taking on average five minutes and more often than not requiring anesthesia to finish without the patient becoming harmed due to their own thrashing.

Hunger: Like any other living creature the Null-Zec required nutrients to survive. These nutrients are directly taken from the Host, and as such are taxing on the Hosts system. As such when one play host to a Null-Zec they find themselves getting far more hungry and thirsty than they normally would at a faster rate.

Force Users: The Null-Zec has an extremely violent reaction to Force Users. As such when implanted in a Force User, or in someone who has the potential to use the force, the Null-Zec goes wild and causes unpleasantness. As such the Null-Zec cannot be used by Force Users.

Permanent force stealth is going to have to come with more significant weaknesses than being hungry and uncomfortable. Both of those are easily ignorable. It's good fluff, but you're going to need to come up with a significant tactical weakness to compensate for the beneficial effects of this biot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom