Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Null Fiber

Status
Not open for further replies.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: Intent to create a material to use in various future submissions that has interesting effects with Force Nulls, Voids, and Neutrality
  • Image Source: NA
  • Canon Link: Nullification Resin
  • Permissions: NA
  • Primary Source: Nullification Resin | Force Cage
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Synthetic Fider
  • Weight: Very Light
  • Color: Various
  • Resistances:
    • Energy (And other Blaster type weapons): None
    • Kinetic: Average
    • Lightsabers: None
    • Force: Average
    • Force Null/void: Very High
    • Elemental: Average
    • Sonic: Average
    • [Radiation: Average
    • EMP/Ion:Average
    • Corrosive: Very High
    • Explosive: None

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Corrosive Resistance
  • ForceNull/Void Resistance

STRENGTHS

• Corrosive Resistance - This martial is highly resistant to corrosive materials like acids.
  • Force Null/Void Resistance - It's main property is how when charged with the force it can still retain and contain force energy with in it and not lose this property when entering a void, null, or force neutral area. If integrated into armor or robes it would allow a force user to exert force on themselves but still not outwards or to another person with in a force null.
WEAKNESSES

• No Defense Against Energy - Blasters and sabers eat right through this material is practically evaporates when his by it.
  • Force Exclusion - Though it can contain the force with in it like a bubble when exposed to a null that force still can not be expelled outward or transferred to another place.

DESCRIPTION

After years of study on Force Null, Force voids, and Force-Neutral from creatures like the Ysalamir, to things void stones and even experimenting on force dead sentient beings a few interesting things were discovered. One was that force dead people were extremely rare and often times were a mutation of the force itself. Two Void stones and force null areas didn't kill the force instead it dampened and made it hard to access but it wasn't gone. Thirdly the Ysalamir didn't disconnect one from the force as it more the ability so one couldn't exert the force it was still there just one could not do anything with it when in the bubble the Ysalamir created.

The last of the Test involved Nullification resin which in it an interesting substance created by the Jedi to encase darkside artifacts encased in so there properties can not corrupt someone or allow it's malevolence to spread. Acting a way like a force cage where the force user in the cage could still use the force but it was contained with in the cage itself and could not go outside that cage. The Resin worked similarly the device wrapped int he resin could still exert the force but it could not extend past the resin. The stronger the artifact the more resin was added.

So putting that resin into a synthetic silk and mass producing and selling it to the all the force user groups in the Galaxy at a reasonable was only a smart idea. Simply put weaving the synthetic silk into jedi or sith robes would allow in a force null/void and force Neutral zone to still exert the force upon themselves enhancing there own abilities. Though they still couldn't exert force abilities outward, it would give a force user a slight edge not shutting them down completely especially against units in power armor with void stones and other force nullifying effects.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall

This is cool and very useful!
  • Please clarify the Classification.
  • And as a Mass production, I cannot accept the submission. Please modify the production-scale to Semi-unique, because it is a very powerful technology, even if it only affects the wearer.

The classification is fixed.

On the production status I do have a question.

Something like void stone is restricted meaning it can only be be in unique or semi- unique productions. However it can be put into unlimited subs so long as each sub is unique or semi-unique.

My fear is that if I bump it down to semi unique It might be held against me that I can only use it in a couple of subs if I do that.

My question is could I add a field below production that states this material may only be used in unique or semi unique submissions? Exactly like restricted material would like voidstone.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall

If you write it as Semi-unique, you can still write 100+ sub, which ones are aslo semi-uniques, and you can use the item in evey sub. This is true to the unique material too, you can use many times but only in unique submissions. So you can use this as many times as you want, but the sub must always be semi-unique where you want to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom