Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Nssis-Class Clawcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
NSSIS-CLASS CLAWCRAFT
AvFCIn1.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To submit a Chiss Ascendancy Nssis-Class fighter, known as Nssis-Clawcraft.
  • Image Source: pinterest.com
  • Canon Link: Nssis-Class Clawcraft
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Chiss Ascendancy
  • Model: Nssis-Class Clawcraft
  • Affiliation: Chiss Expansionary Defense Fleet; Colonial Phalanxes; House Phalanxes
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Trimantium hull and curved wings, transparisteel, starfighter systems & components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Starfighter
  • Length: 7.65 meters
  • Width: 3.5 meters
  • Height: 3.5 meters
  • Armament: Very Low
4 Maser Cannons
  • Defenses: Average
Deflector Shield
  • Squadron Count: Low (8)
  • Maneuverability Rating: Extreme
  • Speed Rating: Average
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average
STANDARD FEATURES
This ship retains all of the military grade features of its class, notably:
  • Communications Array
  • Deflector Shield Generator
  • Ion Engines
  • Life Support Systems
  • Repulsorlift Engines
  • Chiss Hyperdrive
  • Chaff Countermeasures
  • Sensor Arrays
  • Hyperwave Transceiver
  • Subspace Transceiver
  • Distress Beacon
  • Ejection Seat
  • Tri-Tracker
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
Strengths:
  • Extremely maneuverable craft, capable of incredibly sudden sharp turns and highly complex maneuvers with use of mounted control jets on adjustable curved wings.
  • High-grade inertial compensators allow pilots to perform maneuvers with minimal strain.
  • Boasts a military-grade sensor disruption and targeting system.
Weaknesses:
  • Very low armament, only four maser cannons.
  • Lacks more advanced weapon systems of comparable starfighters, such as ion cannons, turrets or launchers limiting versatility as a fighter.
  • Limited field of view from cockpit, requiring reliance on sensor systems for peripheral awareness.
Description:
The Nssis-Class Clawcraft has been a common design seen within the Chiss Ascendancy, with the maneuverability capabilities always having been the most impressive feature of the craft. Using more advanced technology developments from prior Clawcraft models, the latest vessels have reached the next levels of performance for Chiss pilots. With the four curved-wings, and the consequent control jets, the Clawcraft has extremely high capacity for maneuvers and evasive flight. Additionally, to further support the Chiss' preference on not wasting life, they included advanced sensor disrupting systems, to assist in giving their pilots as strong a battlefield advantage as possible.

Unlike the more commonly used Nssis-Class Fangcraft, the Clawcraft has a Chiss Hyperdrive installed, which allows pilots and squadrons more tactical opportunities. Much like its predecessor models, the modern Clawcraft lacks many of the more advanced weapon and launcher systems, in order to streamline the craft as much as possible for it's main purpose - outmaneuvering and overcoming enemy starfighters.

All in all, the Nssis-Class Clawcraft is a low armament maser cannon mounted, but extremely maneuverable, superiority starfighter, with respectable defenses and some additional sensor equipment in place of more advanced weapon systems and versatility options.

Update log:
  • Removed hard numbers for hyperdrive speeds (x1.25)
  • Adjusted standard components list to include military grade disclaimer

Matt the Radar Tech

Gir Quee said:
To clarify, is this a specific Chiss fleet with the Chiss military or the overall Chiss navy in general?
The CEDF would be the Government Navy, yes. This means that no other armies or navies can use them in Chiss society - such as House Phalanxes (which are effectively personal military for high ranking Houses/clans). Official CEDF military use only.

Gir Quee said:
If this has a "Low" squadron count, the number should be equal to or less than "8".
I've changed it to 8, as requested. I did want to mention the following, though, which I had based the 10 of:

Factory said:
The average squadron for any starfighter is 12, at lengths averaging 12.5 meters. The bigger the fighter, the smaller your Squadron Count should be. The smaller the fighter, the bigger your Squadron count can be.
Since the average lenth appeared to be X-Wing based, the space seemed capable of holding 1-2 more given the Clawcraft is almost half the X-Wing length.

But if it's an issue, that's fine.

Thorne said:
The CEDF would be the Government Navy, yes. This means that no other armies or navies can use them in Chiss society - such as House Phalanxes (which are effectively personal military for high ranking Houses/clans). Official CEDF military use only.
This affiliation will probably need to be a little bit more narrowly defined. In the current factory iteration, "Limited" is designed to be something a select product that is only issued to small groups within a faction itself. Something like a specific fleet or task force in the CEDF would do, or troops assigned to certain worlds or under certain commanders would also work for this.

If the intent is to make it something widely issued throughout the CEDF, I'd suggest moving the production to "Minor" (which would require some additional balancing).

Thorne said:
Since the average lenth appeared to be X-Wing based, the space seemed capable of holding 1-2 more given the Clawcraft is almost half the X-Wing length. But if it's an issue, that's fine.
It's not a question of size, but one of gameplay balance as well. If I jam pack a tiny fighter full of weapons and oversized weapons to make it equivalent to something like an X-wing but at only half the size, but then use its small size to having twice as many fighters as an X-wing squadron, it's a problem.

That's why we include squadron size in the judging rating scheme. With that, the squadron size ratings are listed at the maximum for that rating, but you can go lower if you'd like (which sometimes makes sense for balancing minor strengths). So at "Low", the squadron count be anywhere from 5-8 ships. Anything more than that would push into "Average" territory.

Matt the Radar Tech

Gir Quee said:
This affiliation will probably need to be a little bit more narrowly defined. In the current factory iteration, "Limited" is designed to be something a select product that is only issued to small groups within a faction itself. Something like a specific fleet or task force in the CEDF would do, or troops assigned to certain worlds or under certain commanders would also work for this.

If the intent is to make it something widely issued throughout the CEDF, I'd suggest moving the production to "Minor" (which would require some additional balancing).
With the canon and faction setup of the CEDF, it's effectively one navy force.

The limited aspect comes in with the House Phalanxes, which are personal military units for dozens of Chiss clans and the Colonial Phalanxes. Effectively each clan with enough financial backing and status can field their own military force. So the idea is to limit this to solely official military use, restricting it from all Phalanx use completely.

Additionally, there will be further restriction, as House/Colonial Phalanxes can be called to 'support the CEDF'; and per the limited production, despite joining with CEDF forces, Phalanxes will still be unable to use these craft in combined military efforts.

Is that acceptable for limited to CEDF?

Gir Quee said:
It's not a question of size, but one of gameplay balance as well. If I jam pack a tiny fighter full of weapons and oversized weapons to make it equivalent to something like an X-wing but at only half the size, but then use its small size to having twice as many fighters as an X-wing squadron, it's a problem.

That's why we include squadron size in the judging rating scheme. With that, the squadron size ratings are listed at the maximum for that rating, but you can go lower if you'd like (which sometimes makes sense for balancing minor strengths). So at "Low", the squadron count be anywhere from 5-8 ships. Anything more than that would push into "Average" territory.
Okay, I understand. Thanks for the clarification.

As mentioned, edit made for 8 per squad.

Thorne said:
With the canon and faction setup of the CEDF, it's effectively one navy force. The limited aspect comes in with the House Phalanxes, which are personal military units for dozens of Chiss clans and the Colonial Phalanxes. Effectively each clan with enough financial backing and status can field their own military force. So the idea is to limit this to solely official military use, restricting it from all Phalanx use completely. Additionally, there will be further restriction, as House/Colonial Phalanxes can be called to 'support the CEDF'; and per the limited production, despite joining with CEDF forces, Phalanxes will still be unable to use these craft in combined military efforts. Is that acceptable for limited to CEDF?
I think that the official CEDF is probably too large of an entity for limited production. The starship template gives us the "limited" example of a "small task force", which would probably something like Thrawn's 96th Task Force. This is a small fleet within a navy, rather than most of a navy. So in the context of the CEDF from what you've described to me so far (and as I understand it), I think that "Limited" production would probably be more appropriate for the use a fighter that only equips a certain Household Phalanx or Colonial Phalanx.

Matt the Radar Tech

Gir Quee said:
I think that the official CEDF is probably too large of an entity for limited production. The starship template gives us the "limited" example of a "small task force", which would probably something like Thrawn's 96th Task Force. This is a small fleet within a navy, rather than most of a navy. So in the context of the CEDF from what you've described to me so far (and as I understand it), I think that "Limited" production would probably be more appropriate for the use a fighter that only equips a certain Household Phalanx or Colonial Phalanx.
Adjusted to minor, and dropped speed to average.

This would also allow the fighter to be used by any group within the faction, yes?

Matt the Radar Tech

[member="Gir Quee"] [member="Srina Talon"] [member="Laira Darkhold"]

Edits completed, ready to move back for re-approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom