Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Nouvarium Infused Plating

Status
Not open for further replies.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: Create an alloy for use on Avali starship and building construction.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Materials and Textiles
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Citalee Spacers Guild
  • Affiliation: Avali and Satorians
  • Model: Durasteel Infused
  • Modularity: Yes (Base alloy can be changed)
  • Production: Minor (Large groups of characters. (IE: A Single Major Faction, a few companies, or groups.)
  • Material:
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Metal (Alloy)
  • Weight: Average
  • Color: Amber
  • Resistances: High
    • Energy (And other Blaster type weapons): High
    • Kinetic: Low
    • Lightsabers: Average
    • Sonic: Very High
    • Ionic: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Alloy - Nouvarium can be impregnated into various construction materials to adjust their properties. Generally, Kinetic resistances reduce by 2, and Ionic by 1. Sonic Increases by 2 and Energy increases by 1 up to a maximum of Very High. Note that using Nouvarium to improve lightsaber-resistant materials introduces impurities that will make the material far less resistant to lightsabers.
  • Strange Matter - Nouvarium will very slowly spread corrupting the molecular structure of a structure, this isn't necessarily a 'bad' or 'good' event, but generally, it's recommended that a balance is maintained through regular maintenance or available technologies or a layer of already stabilised crystal introduced to prevent further spreading.
STRENGTHS
  • Regenerative - If applied to an alloy the crystals will 'repair' damage sustained to the alloy, this process is slow but an effective means of reducing the risk of microfractures and maintenance overheads. Given months, it can repair minor weapons damage.
  • Modular - Can be used to further enhance materials, however, it does come with some costs.
WEAKNESSES
  • Strange Matter - Extended exposure can lead to serious health issues (See Nouvarium Entry for details)
  • Insulation Required - In order to protect the internal components of a starship or individuals within a structure stabilised Nouvarium is used to insulate. In effect, once the old structure stabilises a new layer is applied.
DESCRIPTION
The Avali have a unique culture, and much of their technology underpins their roles in society. When the home world decided to cut contact with the rest of the Galaxy it quickly became apparent that resources were needed to maintain and repair their void ships. As the male population were predominantly voidborne it was clear that, if allowed to continue, countless lives could be lost due to hull breaches and atmospheric failure.

It was shortly after that an Avali scientist experimenting on Nouvarium found that you could impregnate a small amount of the crystalline material into metals and other construction materials. The resulting alloy would 'regenerate' with crystal lattices quickly filling in microfractures and damage to hull plating. While it was not a perfect solution it did buy them time and was quickly retrofitted to most of the Avali Migrant fleets.

Personal Log of Dr Ralai, Xenologist.
All Things Shiny
Having been invited to the Teocalli by Ohtli Keeper of the Chalice, Wearer of Capes, etc. The species appear to be most interested in integrating again with the Galactic Community after a rather unfortunate incident involving the Gulag Plague. This, perhaps unsurprisingly concedes with a change in leadership on the Homeworld, which I am assured is forbidden to me and my crew.

Overall our conversation was productive. We discussed the matter of their reintegration and reports of an Avali starship being spotted in the Unknown Regions. I mentioned a rather unfortunate incident back home, where our people were suffering from an outbreak of some unknown contagion that filled the lungs with fluid. Apparently, the Avali was well-versed in such concerns, and after checking our starships logs was fairly confident they had identified it as Bordal Contagion.

They offered us a bio-phage, which according to our ship's doctor could help eliminate the contagion. Avali is an unknown quality, but we had no reason to refuse. As with all things Avali however, it did not come free. They wanted access to our linguistics database, I recognised the security risk and offered the choice of suitable protocol droids instead. Apparently, this was an agreeable compromise, when given the choice they refused the more advanced model for a gold-plated one. It was old, many decades out of date, which I pointed out but no. They wanted that one. When I asked why apparently the colour agreed with them.

Evidently, Avali are fond of the colour gold. Perhaps our diplomats may take advantage of this in future negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom