Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nothing to fear but fear itself....and bounty hunters.

Malik

M
[member="Evelyn Yara"]

Malik lifted his mask just slightly to take the shot of whiskey at the bar. When he finished he put his mask back into place, set the shot glass down, and looked up at the bartender. "Excuse me good sir, do you know a man named Gula? He works as the head guard of a local Hutt." The bartender grunted "What's it to you?" Malik smiled but his mask showed no emotion. "I'll be blunt. I'm after his head." The bartender stopped what he was doing and shook his head "Yes I do know him but Kae the Hutt will kill me if I spill." The second after he said that he felt a sharp metal object at the back of his throat and the cantina went silent. "I see we're doing this the hard way. I'm going to ask, where can I find Gula? If you don't give me the answer I want I'll make sure your body isn't found."

She was sitting alone in a corner booth at this bar, distractedly watching the holonet feed, and waiting for her contact person to show up. Nearly an hour late now, and it was looking doubtful. Stood up again, and now she was going to be desperate for good work.

"What the hell?" she said as the commotion happening at the bar grabbed everyone's attention. She stood up, her simple dark robes and hood concealing her light armor. More bored now than anything, she moved up behind this guy threatening the poor bartender. She frequented this bar and disliked seeing trouble.

"Hey. Whoa. Do we have a problem here?" she called to the stranger.

[member="Malik"]

Malik

M
Malik turned his head slightly to see the woman questioning him. He simply chuckled and unsheathed his vibrodagger. In the next second he threw it at one of the bounty posters near the entrance. It hit directly on the forehead of the man on the picture. The bounty read Gula- The Iron Herglic. Wanted dead for 15,000. "Sorry honey. This is bounty hunting business." The vibrorapier at the bartender's neck slowly poked at his neck harder and harder. "Now, are you going to talk. Or am I going to have to stain my hands with your blood." The bartender remained silent but it was obvious he was close to breaking.

[member="Evelyn Yara"]

"I'm going to need you to not threaten my bartender tonight, sir." the small blaster at her hip she angled up at the bounty hunter. "He mixes a good drink. And if you need some bounty info, there's better ways than scaring the life out of this guy."

[member="Malik"]

Malik

M
Malik waited for a second and sheathed his blade. He sighed and sat down in the bar stool. "Alright, I'll bite. How would I get said information." He looked at the girl from head to toe before chuckling. This was defiantly going to be an interesting day. "Please sit down, have a drink. I'm sure we're going to have a lovely chat." Malik had a dark grin on his face as he spoke.

[member="Evelyn Yara"]

She eyed him, and cautiously took a seat at the bar beside him, relaxing her grip on the blaster.

"Sunter, you alright?" she spoke to bartender, "Yeah, I know. Listen, it's okay, would you grab me a Corellian Ale, yeah? Thanks." She took a long sip before setting the glass down and turning to Malik.

"Listen, we all know Gula here. We all know there's a bounty on his head. But no one's going after him. He's protected by the Hutts, and no one is about to upset the nice, peaceful balance we have going in this sector right now. Kae would throw a fit if his head guard all of sudden got picked up. The smuggling routes will clog up, mercenaries will be knocking heads in every bar of this sector... The trouble just isn't worth it. Sure, Gula is bantha trash, and I certainly wouldn't miss him, but that would cause a considerable occupational hazard to a lot of people in this area."

[member="Malik"]

Malik

M
Malik thought for a moment before laughing. "Look honey. I'm getting paid thirty thousand to take Gula alive . You know how hard that is when your target is a whale humanoid? Seriously I know the trouble may not be worth thirty but I'm still going to do it. I promised my client I'd take care of him, and I don't lie to my clients. Bounty hunting has downsides but to me, it's just a job. I'm hated by about every Hutt on Nar Shadda so getting one more to hate me doesn't really matter. From what I've seen here, life is already an occupational hazard."

[member="Evelyn Yara"]

"You're serious aren't you? You're really going after him?" Evelyn took a long drink of the ale and set it back down with a thud on the bar. Could she really help him? Crossing the Hutts was a quick way to end up in a coffin, but she hadn't found a good job in weeks. And this guy looked capable enough... "Look, I can get you to Gula, but you got to cut me in on the bounty, yeah?"

[member="Malik"]

Malik

M
Malik grinned only to laugh when he heard her terms. "Sure we'll split it half and half. 15,000 for both of us. I promise." Malik got up from his bar stool and stretched. He turned back to her "So. Where is Gula?"

[member="Evelyn Yara"]

Evelyn rose with him, straightening her back to match his frame and look him square in the mask as to not appear intimidated, but Malik stood much taller than herself and this was all but fruitless.

"Not here. Follow me outside."

The two walk outside and once away from the crowds Evelyn is able to talk in little more than a whisper.

"Gula has special quarters outside the Hutt's palace. It's not exactly easy getting inside, but he'll be alone there once night sets in. Three nights from now, Kae is throwing a party. Everyone will be on high alert, but we'll be able to access the palace. What do you think?"

[member="Malik"]

Malik

M
Malik nodded. He was already thinking of ways to get in and knock out Gula. The hard part was getting a massive creature like Gula out of the quarters undetected.....and Malik thought this was going to be simple. He spoke quietly "Alright, you tell me where the place is and I'll meet you there.....that is if your coming along. You said you didn't mind if Gula was gone correct? Besides, Kae will already hate you for giving away such information. But...if you really want I could just handle it myself and hand you half the credits." Malik grinned, he already knew what her answer was.

[member="Evelyn Yara"]

"Of course I'm coming. Don't be ridiculous. Besides, I can't trust you to not go throwing a knife into every civilian who gives you a stare-down." Evelyn looked around and behind her to make sure they weren't be followed or overheard.

"I think it's best we go to the party. I'm not known to cause any trouble, I'm definitely not seen as a threat to Kae the Hutt or Gula, so I won't have any problem getting in the door as long as I'm looking nice. You on the other hand, I don't know how much of a reputation you have with the Hutts, but you can't be raising any suspicions, okay? If you think it might be a problem you might want to opt for a disguise and a good story. As my date, you shouldn't have too much to worry about, but we have to be cautious. The party's not for another three days, but we can meet up there. Is this sounding like a plan to you?"

[member="Malik"]

Malik

M
Malik was silent as he thought....yea.....that story would work. "Yes I got it.....I'll make sure I can get anything concealed enough...it's a party and they'll likely go checking their guests. As for the story I have already got one. Sure, I'll see you in three days I guess." Malik gave her a warm smile but his mask gave no emotion. This was going to be tough....insanely tough....but at least he had help for this one. A Herglic isn't something one messes around with.

[member="Evelyn Yara"]

Three days passed and Evelyn arrived at Kae the Hutt's palace wearing a silver dress and her hair pulled back and tied. Metal bracelets decorated her left arm. Hidden, strapped to her inner right thigh, was a small blaster that she knew wouldn't be found in a search. Not that she thought there would be a search, but just in case. Formal clothing options for human females didn't leave much to hide. Any heavier fire power she would have to rely on Malik to provide.

The night was clear and cold and a strong wind swept down from the horizon. Evelyn wore a dark violet robe over her shoulders that she knew she would have to part with once they entered.

She eyed the other guests as they formed a line and entered the palace. She didn't have to wait long before Malik approached her.

[member="Malik"]

Malik

M
Malik was in a all black tuxedo. He had a small tie attached to his collar, but.....surprisingly he still wore his mask. His dark brown hair was visible though. When he found his 'date' he approached her and gave a small bow. "Well look who dressed to impress. You look rather stunning. Don't question why I still wear my mask. I have my own personal beliefs." He extended his arm for her to hook hers. This was a formal party after all. Besides Malik was a gentleman born and breed.

[member="Evelyn Yara"]

She hooked her arm into his and let him lead the way into the palace.

"You're prepared, right?" she said under her breath and through her teeth as she smiled at guests who made eye contact. "I've only got a single piece under this dress. But here, put this in your ear." she loosed one of the bracelets on her arm, a disguised comm-link, and handed him an earpiece. "It will be easier to communicate with each other"

For a Hutt, the palace was extravagant in luxury. Kae was not one to hide wealth. The two walked together through the entryway and into the large ballroom. A band was playing in the corner. A half dozen guard made up of different species lined the walls of the room, but no sign of Gula

[member="Malik"]

Malik

M
Malik nodded. He didn't have as much as one would think but he had enough to do the job. When Malik saw the ear piece he graciously took it and stuck it in his ear. Malik looked around the place. It was beautiful certainly but still he couldn't find Gula. How hard was it to find a whale?! Malik looked at his companion and smiled "How about a dance to start off this lovely evening?" The best way to find a target was to wait. Dancing would pass the time as they did so.

[member="Evelyn Yara"]

"Of course," Evelyn smiled and pulled his hands around her waist. They stepped in time with the band back-and-forth and were soon in the center of the dancing crowd. She stepped lightly and carefully as the blaster strapped to her thigh didn't allow a great range of motion.

The lights of the room dimmed and slowly alternated colors. The music moved soft. "You clean up nice, you know?" she said.

Just then Kae the Hutt entered the ballroom from a large side entrance. A crew of four more guards and other civilian-types followed. Gula was among them.

"Wait, there's our guy," she whispered.

[member="Malik"]

Malik

M
Malik tried to stay in tune with the song. When she told him he cleaned up nice he chuckled "Your not half bad yourself." He heard as the doors to the large entrance swung open. He turned his head to see who it was, only to have his eyes widen. He saw Gula, that was his first observation....then he saw the larger form behind the Herglic. It was Kae. Oh no..... Malik should have expected Kae to come, sadly he didn't. The problem was that Kae knew who Malik was, what he was likely after.

[member="Evelyn Yara"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom