Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nothing personal

Assassins, they weren't really Dredg's style. They were mouthy, arrogant and above all selfish. They used money instead of faith and not walk upon the blessed path to enlightenment. Dredge ws on his faction's home world of Belgaroth, a placed desolated and dead. The planet was nothing but a monument to the old world, but a testament to what it would become. Organic building lined the street where Jacob's ship would land. Outside waiting on the platform was the lord of the horde himself, Dredge. He would hire this assassin to kill a Jedi or at least send a message to them, a message that he was coming for them. So he waited, waited for the assassin to come to his world and do business. @[member="Jacob Remmington"]

Jacob Remmington

In the cover of night
What a strange little world. So thought the mercenary as his ship set down in the designated landing area, the rust bucket letting out a low whine. As it landed, Jacob walked to the back of the ship, throwing on his leather jacket. On the way out, he donned his shiny red helmet, waiting a mere three seconds for the HUD to activate. Once the eyes lit up, he opened his ship's hatch into the outside world, where he spied the man who had contacted him. Well, not really a man per se, but nevertheless he had contacted him about a job. "Greetings, sentient. I hear you have a proposition for me." His voice came out in a metallic tone, low and dull.

@[member="High Prophet Dredge"]

"I have a job for you, the gods have told me to pick you to help set the blessed path forward." He said to the assassin, there were people in this galaxy that he needed dead. People like Jedi, if he couldn't invade the republic yet then he would at least hire assassins to kill their people. "A Jedi assassin, a Jedi that goes by the name Vulpesen. The gods have granted me a vision and have chosen him to die, now this is your job. Do you accept?" he asked the assassin, he would see that the assassin would be rewarded properly for this job. @[member="Jacob Remmington"]

Jacob Remmington

In the cover of night
"A Jedi you say?" Jacob chuckled under his helmet for a second, the prospect o killing a Jedi pleasing to him. It would be his first force user. Challenging? No doubt it would be. And that's what excited him. Reaching out a hand, he agreed on the contract. "Jake Remminton, at your service." A thin smile grew on his face. He would enjoy this very much.

"A Jedi knight, so you will need force breaking weapons." dredge said to the assassin as he motioned to his warrior castes. The fellow Vong approached him holding a case. "Fifty thousand now, and the rest when he's dead." handing over the the money to Jacob he sighed, money was not an issue but Dredge always failed to see its usefulness. This planet had thousands of abandoned banks filled with credits and other safety deposit boxes. "Oh and if you fail to kill him, at least get the message that Dredge is coming for him and sends his regards." that was a simple request, easy to follow. @[member="Jacob Remmington"]

Jacob Remmington

In the cover of night
Taking the case from the approaching vong, Jacob opened it and inspected its contents. Nodding in approval, he then closed it and carried it at his side. As the client described the target, he insisted that the use of force-breaking weapons would be needed. Since he was not as experienced in the aspect of force users as he would've liked to be, he considered it. "I am aware that your kind specializes in these such weapons. If some could be provided, it would be much appreciated. You seem to really want this man dead, and I really want the credits. I'll need some extra assistance."

Gifting the human with tools from the gods? That was something else entirely, dredge wasn't sure if that was the right move. "What is it you want human? Do you want the armor?" he asked Jacob, to be honest dredge wasn't much for sharing what Vong tech he had left. His shapers were already working overtime to grow new fleets and creatures so they could burn this galaxy. <<Bring us the crab>> he said in his native Vong tongue to one of his guards. Quickly they ran back to go grab something. Something that would help in the fight against a Jedi @[member="Jacob Remmington"]

Jacob Remmington

In the cover of night
"Well I must admit, when you called for my help, I didn't know you would send me after a force user. That in itself requires... extra compensation." He looked over the vong's shoulder as a few others brought forth a sleek, think looking piece of armor. Nodding in approval, he took it in his hands. "I'll only be taking the upper body. I'll need the extra room for my legs when I chase him down."

The armor that the Vong was holding was not for the assassin, the armor him would be much, much more painful. "Hold him down." dredge said as a Vong walked up holding what looked to be a giant crab, it was roughly the size of the man's torso and would provide a great deal of saber resistance. Two guards came up to the man's sides and smiled at him. "Do not be afraid my child, this is merely armor for your body. You will be protected," he said taking the crab into his hands. "I hope you are ready, the crab will bond onto you and protect you. Don't worry for I can take it off." dredge smiled and presented the warrior with some of the greatest tech this galaxy had @[member="Jacob Remmington"]

Jacob Remmington

In the cover of night
Jacob started to shrug off the many hands that began holding him down in command from their king. "Woah- Hey! Get 'yer hands off me, freaks!" If he were to be "bonded" to this apparently sentient piece of armor, it would be of his own choosing. Taking a deep breath, he slipped off his jacket, then his durasteel upper body armor, leaving a black undershirt. Taking a deep breath, he nodded in approval for the armor to be placed on him. The pain he could deal with. His pride, however, was a different story.

"Don't worry, this will only hurt a lot." Dredge chuckled as the Vong pressed the armor to his body, the armor would be very saber resistant. So the crab did what it did best, bond. It sunk into his flesh and began to to attach itself to his flesh. It wouldn't kill him, and it could be removed but for now it would be his home. At least until the assassin came back to claim the rest of his reward, "Now I'm sure you are in pain right now, but bring me back his head and I will pay double. Of you get my message across you may still come back for the rest of your money. Now go human." the crab finished bonding and dredge turned his back to let the assassin do his job @[member="Jacob Remmington"]

Jacob Remmington

In the cover of night
Pain coursed through Jacob, and his vision flashed as red as his mask. Screaming in pure agony, he clapped his hands against the helmet, falling to his knees. When the pain finally subsided, he got bak up and looked at his body. From head to toe, save for his head, he was covered in a rough, thick, extremely hard shell. 'What a man will do for money.' Looking at the king, he nodded and turned heel without a word, heading to his ship. Picking up his armor remains and jacket, he walked inside and hung it all up. As soon as he reached the captain's chair, he took his helmet off and breathed a deep breath. The suit felt strange, foreign to him. Like it was living in his skin. It probably was, for all he knew. Shaking off the feeling, he set a course for Coruscant.
------------------
Coruscant, 7:12 p.m.

Landing his ship in the nearest docking bay, Jacob prepared himself for the hunt. On the way to the planet, he had researched everything he could find on the Jedi. His past, his family, his favorite food, everything. Amazing what the holonet could provide. Donning his helmet, he walked to the back of his ship where he grabbed an oversized trench coat. There was no way his standard jacket could conceal the extra bulk of the crab armor. Taking off into the night, he began to stalk his prey.

@[member="High Prophet Dredge"] @[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen was enjoying a small drink in a bar, once again using his simple mindtricks to buy what he was too young to otherwise too young to order. As he lifted the glass to his lips once more, he felt the force give him a small nudge. Something wasn't right. Waving his hand, Vulpesen sent ace to another place in the bar. He didn't know what he was about to get into, but it was a good idea to keep your back up ready on another flank, just in case.

@[member="Jacob Remmington"]'s searches would prove somewhat confusing as the Shadow had spent two years under an alias, traveling through Nar Shadaa and several other worlds. As for his parents, the name of Senator Zarro Verres would be the only thing that appeared as Vulpesen had never met his real parents and he had learned from his father's holocron that his birth had been kept away from any official documentation. In short, he had officially been raised by Zarro on the planet Amar. He then disappeared for about two years with sporadic appearances as a student of several force order, then he had completely disappeared for several months before reappearing at the Jedi temple. From there he had began his career of working to become a well known jedi shadow, doing well enough to have caught the eye of Jacob's employer.

Now, Vulpesen was waiting patiently for his trouble to catch up, with Ace hiding in the corner, readying his sharp claws and teeth while his bond-mate readied his lightsaber. If things were about to go south, then Vulpesen would have several tricks up his sleeves, ready for most problems that he might run into.

Jacob Remmington

In the cover of night
"Tell me where he is, or I drop you. Deal?" Presentlty, approximately twenty minutes later, Jacob was on top of a five story building, holding a potential witness over the ground. Pressing the picture of his target to the man's face, he stared him down menacingly. After several minutes of whimpering, he finally gave the Jedi up. Though the civilian likely didn't know he was a Jedi, he had likely seen him somewhere. And that's what Jacob was planning on. "Thank you for your cooperation." Dropping the man to a flight of stairs several feet down, he sprinted across the rooftops, en route to the bar his victim had described. There couldn't be that many, surely.

Eventually reaching the said bar, Jacob pulled out a pair of binoculars to scope out the place. Unfortunately, his high vantage point didn't allow for much to be seen inside of the one story bar. Growling to himself, he jumped to a lower building, almost parallel to the other. Pulling a small rifle from his bag, he looked into the scope, found his target, and fired.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Having been a person who had lived on the dangerous side of several planets, Vulpesen had a fairly acute force sense, capable of alerting him to something such as an impending shot. Of course, he didn't know what the problem was going to be, just that whatever he had sensed earlier, had suddenly become an even greater threat. Having only the knowledge taht he was being attacked, Vulpesen dove to the side, letting the bolt fly past him into a bottle of booze behind the bar. "Not again!" Why were people always trying to kill him? First he got shot at by a wookie after speaking with a friendly girl, then some thugs had threatened to kill him while speaking to another girl, then he got a letter that suggested knowledge over his parents (a lie by the way), and now he was begin shot at after a simple drink. IS THERE NO WAY TO RELAX IN THIS GALAXY?

Putting this out of his head, Vulpesen drew his lightsaber and ignited it with a snap-hiss. The black and gold pillar rose from one side of the weapon, casting a glow on the face of its owner. The bar went silent. People had definitely taken notice and Vulpesen could hear his name whispered among some of the patrons. He wasn't known for his power, but his career of non-stop battles had been noticed by the populace, and he was easily distinguished by the streak in his hair and the unique blade in his grip. If @[member="Jacob Remmington"] had any doubts that this was his man, then those dashed were quickly dashed away with this simple display. Preparing for a fight, Vulpesen slipped into the shadows, letting his blade drift away from him to his his appearance. The room was dark and Vulpesen sued this to his advantage, disappearing into the darkness with only a golden blade to show his general location.

Jacob Remmington

In the cover of night
"Karking Jedi." Leaving the rifle where it was, Jacob slung the bag back over his shoulder and took off after his target. After making his way down a good piece of the building, he jumped the last couple of stories, trusting his crab armor to absorb the shock. Landing with a thud, he looked around for the Jedi, guided by a single golden rod of light moving towards an alley. Dashing over as fast as he could and with the aid of the armor, he caught up with him just as he turned the corner. As soon as he rounded the corner, he sent a powerful spiked punch at his face.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen's jedi reflexes were a gift from the force as he managed to bend back, letting the punch sail over his face while he ignited the back end of his saber, glancing it across the armor. "Great." The secret was out, though Vulpesen did have his suspicions. Whats a non-vong doing with that stuff? Another quick turn and Vulpesen attempted to swing in a fast horizontal slash at his @[member="Jacob Remmington"]'s neck. He didn't enjoy killing, but he he also didn't enjoy dishing out useless attacks when the opponent had already showed murderous intent "Now what did I do to you?

Jacob Remmington

In the cover of night
Narrowly avoiding the slash to his neck, Jacob reached behind his back and pulled out two razor edge daggers. Ducking to avoid any more potential blows, he slashed upward with his right hand and jabbed with his left. Beside all of this, he couldn't help but smile as he was asked the simplest of questions. "Nothin' personal mate, you have a price on your head I just couldn't refuse. Dead or alive, I get paid handsomely." Smirking, he waited for the Jedi's response.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen's speed would once again help as one of his hands released the saber to block the slashing arm while he span away from the jab, letting the stabbing hand get caught up in the fabric of his robes while missing his actual body. "'Fraid you ain't the first to try your hand at this bounty. Black Sun put you up to this?" As he spoke, Vulpesen complete his turn, slashing at his opponent's legs then using the force to attempt a shove on @[member="Jacob Remmington"], trying to throw him into the wall no matter the effectiveness of his slash. Vonduun crab armor was force proof. The man under it was not.

Jacob Remmington

In the cover of night
After barely dodging the swipes sent by Jake, the Jedi had retaliated by a powerful force push, sending him flying against the opposite wall. By this time, his overcoat was long since torn to shreds. Reaching over with one hand, he pulled it off, at last revealing the entirety of the crab armor, save for his still durasteel helmet. Spikes that coated the arms raised up, which surprised him, but he decided to use them to his advantage. Rushing at the Jedi, he slashed over and over again, using both his own blades and that of the suit's, extending his reach exponentially. "Black Sun? Nah, but I have a friend in high places that really wants you dead." Honestly, were Jedi that dim as to think that a simple gang had access to Vong tech?

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom