Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Not So Much Like Back Then

Coruscant
The Underworld

Maybe it was a bit like the old days. There was some sort of foundation and principle behind it; or maybe that was Lok thinking so. His ambitions and greed caused him to believe some things that he did were right when most would see it as wrong and immoral. It would be a heist of some sorts and they would totally be a pain in someone's ass, just like their little stunt on Cato Neimodia back when they were young in their teen years. At least that little operation had some nobility behind their actions and little stakes were involed; well, there was stakes if they got caught and were persecuted by the law. This time, however, things were different.

A lot different.

They weren't robbing some wealthy aristocrat of his purse that could probably regain some of their losses with insurance and working out some financials. No, what was going on had to deal with crime. Was it out of the good from Lok's heart? Absolutely not, but it might help with the folks running this grand metropolis of a planet that was Coruscant. Getting rid of some crime while also helping with Lok's illicit business ventures that he hoped to expand to Coruscant.

One tenant leaving, and another one coming in.

Though to be fair, crime would never leave Coruscant as much as the Alliance would want to control and minimize it. It has been happening for thousands of years. All they could do was embrace it; embrace it as Lok did. Something Allyson couldn't condone most likely. So here Lok was, waiting for Allyson to swoop by as he had contacted her to meet him in one of the lower levels close to the Galactic City on Coruscant's surface. Less crime in these parts as the police did manage to combat and limit the influence of crime in these parts. Not a good investment for Lok.

36b8fc28652f5053c098730c133b4c4d10ad3b13.png

//: C o r u s c a n t //:
//: U n d e r w o r l d //:
//: P a s t //:
Lok Xiangu Lok Xiangu
ba6232c0f5f2163448e310cacb604306cc77c842.png
Lok was someone that Allyson knew always had an alternative motive. The boy assumed he was secretive, but the Jedi knew better. He was someone heavily embedded into her past, and despite what she says on the surface, knowing him had changed her a bit. Lok was a good guy in the end, even though he enjoyed denying the obvious. If he wasn’t a good guy, Allyson would have written him off long ago. Because of his good nature, Allyson answered his call - even though she left him on read for some time.
The lower levels of Coruscant was a place she knew like the back of her hand. During the time of the Sith Occupation, she had done runs for intel for the Alliance. She wondered if any of her informants had lived or found their way out from the thumbs of poverty. Allyson wondered, but knew that her place wasn’t to save these people - she couldn’t. Her job was to gather information and feed it to the Alliance, the humanitarians - if they were able to get to the informants before the Sith, it was their job to save. Allyson could only pass information and stop as much crime as possible in the lower levels.
Sounds of the streets echoed as Allyson shut off her speeder bike and removed the helmet. Her long, brunette hair cascaded out of the helmet with a shake of her head. “Hey Lok,” The Corellian pulled her hair back into a ponytail as she made her way towards him. She lightly nudged his shoulder with her fist, having picked up traits from hanging out with Echani. “Keeping yourself out of trouble, I hope?” A part of her felt bad for ditching him at the gala. She had every intention of leaving with Ryv that night and couldn’t pass up the opportunity to see where things went with the Jedi.
Regardless of her feelings for Lok, she knew what was right for her in the end. The Corellian left a mark on her. Looking around, she examined the area they were in, she was already suspicious of the Munin progeny, but she still asked the obvious question. “So, what brilliant scheme have you come up with now?”

"It's the other way around; I'm always looking for trouble, can't keep myself out of it," he said to the Corellian as she approached him and nudged his shoulder with a clenched fist. He took it as a symbol of their relationship rather than a trait from a warrior culture. They were close despite going off their separate ways. Lok sometimes envisioned a scenario with him and Allyson, but she probably wouldn't approved his ideals. She was more noble than him, more caring. Lok only looked out for himself and the few people in his circle he deeply cared about and used the Galaxy as his oyster. What did he owe to the Galaxy? Nothing. He didn't have the perfect, black and white life a citizen would have. Part of him abhorred these streets of Coruscant as he was born in them; information not many knew about him. It molded him into a man with selfish desires and after the credit. Some loose screws here and there, but he wasn't a sociopath.

Still that universe with him and her was a good wish and dream. Maybe it could become reality...

"If I had a brilliant scheme, it would be taking you to some nice luxurious bar and catch up," he said with a smirk, feeling confident in his flirting game towards Allyson. It was much better than it was when they were younger.

"So I do apologize for bringing you on a crappy date, promise I'll do better next time," and gave a wink to her.

"But on to business, there's some crime that needs to be taken care of in these parts. Show these scum there's a new sheriff in town. It's a win for everyone unless you're a gangster or some crime lord. I heard there's some major operations in some levels below us, something that the police around here avoids or just gives a blind eye. It's pretty dangerous stuff unlike Cato Neimodia. You down? I won't let you get hurt." Despite being the man he was, he did have a soft spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom