Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Not Ready for a Walker

Now back on Altiria/Anarris, Kay had to settle a few things before travelling off to Commenor or wherever again. For a few years she had been living in isolation on the planet, yet she was certsin that time would be coming to an end. Either by death or.....something else.

But she couldn't just abandon her shop, or her company. That just wasn't her way. So Kay headed straight to the market to collect more supplies.

It was busy, like usual. Dozens of tents dotted the square with groups of people strolling from tent to tent either to browse or barter. Kay was a usual sight for the people here now, and she had her favourite tents. Re'ia had various herbs and spices in her tent, while Nuk'nor had many types of flours and chocolates for all of her baking needs.

The atmosphere overall was a very pleasant one; the calm before the storm. Yet no one present was even aware as to what could befall them. If they knew, the market would have been closed. This was just one of those days where ignorance wss deadly....

Walker Walker

Walker sat on the ship, they'd brought quite a few. However most of them were made for cattle carrying. He'd hired a number of gangsters...or mobsters? Whatever, they were cheap, they were promised they could take whatever they could get a hold on. So long as he got twenty living healthy sentients. And, of course, he supplied aid to this. He'd have to stay on the ship for now, focusing through the force to see what he needed to. He was to be the one guiding the shekti. A disgusting, stupid, violent, and mobile species. Perfect for setting fear into the hearts of the target at the start before the gangsters filled in.

He sat still, focusing through the force, reaching to the minds of numerous members of the group. He didn't have to have complete control, all he did, was touch their minds. See an idea of what each of them was seeing and give them the slightest push to who to attack. Swarms of them came out of the ships as they closed in on the city, the abominations wings took them towards the city fast. And it took only moments before the shadow of the mobs of them came flooding towards the city, intent on attacking anything carrying something that even remotely resembled a weapon. Afterall that was all that Walker had time to consider when giving the order to attack. Really, he was only guiding them like that to keep their attention off the regular civilians...however, no doubt, they'd get distracted. And someone would get hurt.

Their shrieks and vicious strength and speed would draw attention fast as they swarmed. Whatever defenses these places had would have to act fast to the sudden infestation, or back down. One of the gangsters leaders gave the order, using the ships speakers to blast into the air while sending it to only the nearby comms systems while another tried to jam outgoing signals as best they could. "Listen closely! You're now under the rule of Cruel Unity. Lay down your arms, and we'll halt the assault, fail to do so. And while you deal with the monsters, we'll target your hospitals and star-ports."

Walker grinned. These gangsters, along with the shekti themselves, were all expendable. Really he'd have just paid for slaves if it wasn't for how commonly they were in poor condition. And, of course, this got him in league with potential future pawns at a lesser cost since they were essentially paying for this with their profits from it.

NPC Treasury NPC Treasury

Chaos. That was what erupted the moment that the shekti had started their attack. The very idea of such an attack had taken everyone by surprise. Altiria/Anarris was a backwater planet away from everything that the superpowers of the Galaxy had craved. And for a long time that had kept them all safe. Yet now there seemed to be a downfall for that too.

They had to deal with this incursion on their own.

Screams were heard everywhere as people ran for cover, seeking shelter in their homes. Blasterfire and other weaponry were also heard as some fought back against the flying monsters.

Kay was inside of Re'ia's tent and was just stepping out of it when she heard the message on the ship's speakers. Her blood ran cold and her body stiffened as memories of Munto City being obliterated by the Sith because she failed to surrender quick enough came crashing into her. The last thing that she needed was to have history repeat itself.

But she wasn't a Queen anymore, or a ruler of anything. She was just a tea merchant now. The fate of this world wasn't in her hands.

"Re'ia, we've got to hide. My shoppe is safer than this. But first we've gotta get there. Grab want you can and let's go." Kay's eyes looked about the tent, seeing half a dozen customers trying to take cover where they stood. "You're all welcome to come too. But we've got no time. Everyone, stick close and follow me." Without another word, Kay took Re'ia's hand, whom then grabbed hold of another. Soon they formed a bit of a chain as they all ran, weaving in and around the market like a serpent, ducking and dodging when they could.

The Sphaera Tea Shoppe was just outside of the city near the forest. But first they all had to get there.

Walker Walker

The 'invasion' if that was the right word, was going fairly well. What resistance that could be mustered was usually easily flooded out by the onslaught of beasts, and occasional aid from the pirates. Naturally, plenty of the creatures ended up slain, but in turn they left corpses of others. When surrender came, he was pretty sure it was out of fear more than tactical awareness. Who was really expecting that type of attack, it wasn't that it was inherently effective against a prepared force, but they weren't prepared.

However, there was only partial surrender. Most citizens were giving in as the mob passed. But he was quite sure that the enemy was going to be regrouping. And of course that mean they had limited time. They'd only truly invaded the first portions of the city. Sure the mob had gone further, but they were the equivalent of attacking distance, not true control. Unfortunately, with as many as had been released...he lost his pressure on a few of them by accident, and catching up to them was just...well it was work. He'd grab them if he could but they'd probably get shot down by someone.

"Start the capture." he said simply to Captain, who turned to start sending out some of the pirates into the places they'd managed to expel most military presence in. The battle wasn't over, but better to start nabbing people in case they recovered faster than the Shekti and pirates could shove them down.

There was no time for Walker to consider these things. He was smart, but even such the simple guidance he was giving and receiving from as many of these creatures as were out was too much to risk doing anything else. Such dull creatures, it was often irritating that they could do so little thinking for themselves.

Kay and those she found should have the time to get to their shop. With most of the focus on whatever military, police, or defenders, they might be able to pass by. And hopefully could avoid the lost Shekti until they got to their shop, hopefully.

"Don't look back! Keep running!" Kay held firmly to Re'ia's hand as she led the group out of the city. Behind them they could hear the awful screaching of the Shekti, accompanied by the screams of people from both fear and death. It was almost a war zone.

Almost.

The group made it into the trees, following the path that would lead them to Kay's shop. Yet their movements came to a halt as a Shekti landed in front of them to block their path. The creature screached at them, the sound almost deafening up close, causing them all to start to back up. All but Kay. She stood firmly in place, locking her eyes with those of the Shekti. "There is only one of it and seven of us. Everyone split up. My shop is just inside the clearing. It's unlocked. Doyle is inside. I'll distract it while you run." She still kept her eyes locked as she reached down and picked up a couple of branches. One was more of a stick an inch thick and three feet long, while the other was just a little longer, yet it had numerous smaller branches coming off of it. The Shekti was still fifteen feet away. "Run NOW!!!"

Kay rushed the creature, swinging at it with the branch while moving to stab it with the stick. The others that were with her started to spread out and run through the bushes and trees towards the shop. The Shekti snapped it's beak at the branch, grabbing hold of it and trying to pull it from her grasp. Yet as it did so, Kay stabbed it in the throat with the stick before stepping back as the creature thrashed about. Then she too broke out in a run towards her shop.

Within a few minutes they were all inside, locking the door and pushing up a table against it. "We should be safe here. For now...." Yet the thoughts on everyone's minds were of who these criminals were and of what they wanted from a little backwater planet that most didn't even know existed.

Walker Walker

It felt like time just kept dragging on. Attack, attack, attack. It didn't take long before he realized his own emotions were being influenced by the basic sense of aggression that filled the Shekti and their assault. Kay and her group would ultimately escape the attention of the Shekti after them as it choked and scarfed on the branch that got down its throat.

The groups of monsters began to be pulled back as surrender began to commence. It was fast, but that was how it was supposed to be. He'd lost plenty of Shekti of course, but they were meant to be expendable. He had plenty more and they'd just keep on growing. In a way, he was solving two problems here. Curbing their growth rate while also stealing subjects.

They were kept nearby of course. Just a few, given a simple order to not attack at all. Left to prowl around the city. If attacked or taunted, they'd inherently retaliate. They really now just roamed, most of them ended up outright laying down and sleeping. Which was not easily disturbed due to their poor hearing. And since they weren't in a group anymore they didn't feel the warnings of any others. But for now he figured they'd serve as a good warning. Meanwhile, the pirates started moving in. Making sure to shut down any comm towers if they could and of course began trying to round up the healthy sentients for Walker. They began to take whatever seemed valuable...sometimes including more people, after-all they could be sold to people other than Walker. 20 was such a meager number. They could just stuff a bunch into the ships used for the monsters and he could have his twenty on a separate ship.

Walker himself set off to await the chosen 20 for his experiments. Sentients were ever so much better for these sorts of things than having to rely on something like a Shekti. Especially with their diseases. It was almost impossible to get a completely clean record for something like that.

Minutes and even an hour ticked by. Kay fed everyone inside of her shop, even gave them some Sapir tea to calm their nerves. The sounds of the attacks eventually faded away. Yet the silence didn't comfort them at all. It only caused more worry.

She stood by the door, having already pulled the table away from it and just listened, her mind racing at the possibilities of what this Cruel Unity was all about. She hadn't heard of them. No one had. So obviously they were new and trying to get a name for themselves. At least they weren't slaughtering everyone. But still....

"I have tunnels here, out the back for you all to escape through. They lead to further out in the forest where you should be safe.....I've got to get to the bottom of this." She left the door and walked through the shop and behind the counter to the back room where her storehouse and kitchen was. Opening a drawer, she took out a holo-communicator. Everyone had now come to realize that communications offworld were cut off. But those within world were not. Kay stared at it for a moment, weighing her options and of those seeking shelter in her shoppe.

This was the way.

She left the back room and started towards the front door of her shoppe. "Go through the tunnels and wait until dark to enter the forest. Don't wait for me. Just go." Kay then opened the door and stepped out.

Once she was further away from her shop, she turned on the holo-communicator and recorded an open message. ~To the Cruel Unity leaders...my name is Kay and I run a tea shoppe just outside of the city. I don't know why you've come to attack this planet or what you seek, but I invite you to my shoppe. I'm sure that we can strike some kind of deal that you'd find...beneficial. I am unarmed and I trust that you'd be brave enough to be the same. Meet me in my shoppe in an hour and let's talk.~ Kay cut the transmission. Whether or not they'd decide to go, she didn't know.

All that she could do was wait.

Walker Walker

With the city under their control it was mostly a matter of waiting for Walker, so he started checking out the "stock" so to speak. Ensuring those they had chosen were indeed healthy, and sentient. You never did know for sure with pirates. They couldn't always be trusted. The pirates continued their search, picking and choosing what they wanted. Of course, there would be scuffles. But most of it should be able to be handled by them, no need for fully returning the beasts. Truthfully, they'd be more trouble. Destroying potential assets.

However, his interest would be changed. An open message hit the comm units. He stepped aside to himself, looking at it as he heard a woman's voice. He narrowed his eyes, chuckling. A 'deal' it wasn't long before one of the captains approached him. While this was his plan, they might have had a little more common sense in this moment. Instead of sending one of their own, they came to him. He smiled, tossing one his blaster. He'd had no trouble in the past killing people, as far as he considered it, there was no real such thing as 'unarmed' if you were conscious. In a way it was unfortunate that he had rarely truly been in a situation where he was at the disadvantage. And that causes issues of pride, arrogance, and foolishness. No matter how little he showed these in day to day life, they were present to some degree.

He wasn't a complete fool, the pirates remained in the city. And he ensure some were within shouting distance as he made his way towards the tea shop, just in case his commlink got jammed. He'd considered just barging right in and testing what exactly she had to offer anyway. But he was not necessarily that type of person, or at least he didn't consider himself that way.

The alchemist approached the shop. He appeared almost average. He didn't wear anything fancy, he didn't walk like someone who thought themselves any better than anyone else. And he had a friendly smile for any he looked at. If nothing prevented him, he'd go to the door of the building, and give it a simple knock, "Greetings, I've come to talk." he said stepping to the side of the door quietly and waiting for a response.

Kay of course was preparing more tea. As well as snacks. She just couldn't sit idle as she waited for her hour to pass by. For all she knew, no one cared to listen to her message at all. Yet still it bought people time. Being just outside of the city helped too.

As Walker Walker came to the door, Kay was just finishing a cup of Sapir tea. That was her addiction, the tea soothing her like a warm hug. Any real hug was few and far between. She was isolated in more ways than one.

Opening the door, Kay was quite surprised at who was on the other side. He wasn't at all what she had expected, but that didn't mean that she was going to drop her guard at all. She put on a well practiced smile and gestured for him to step inside. "Welcome. Please come inside. Can I get you any tea while you're here? Free of charge." Kay had to play host first and interrogator later. "I was just about to refill my own cup. I have some biscuits and cookies as well. Even some fudge." It was hard to guess who had a sweet tooth and who didn't.

Vash looked at the woman cocking his head and giving a friendly smile as she answered the door. Folding his hands behind his back as he stepped inside and stepped to the side for her to close the door. No attack, so he was mostly at ease. Actually, he was very at ease. Sometimes the fool. He nodded his head as she asked if he wanted tea, "Sure, if it's free. I've never really drunk tea normally on my own." he said simply spinning around and looking at the place. Normally, he just had a more alcoholic beverage. Or simply water. "Biscuits, cookies, fudge, all good. I'm not particularly hungry right now. Not quite time for the next meal."

He hummed a short tune to himself, "Interesting creatures I brought aren't they. Utter failures. They're just so stupid I have to tell them how to do everything. Well...aside from kill, eat, and breed. That just seems to come naturally." he held out a hand, "Call me Vash I suppose. Unity seems to want to have sent me instead of one of their captains. Suppose I am in charge, it was my plan to come here after-all."

He didn't give much indication of being that cruel. In spite of the name of the pirate group that had come along. In spite of the content itself, it all came out as if it was normal conversation. He didn't really consider that Kay wasn't herself being manipulative about things. Sure he had secrets to keep, but that was a general thought. Not one that applied to her alone.

Kay gestured for Walker Walker take a seat at one of the wooden tables. The shop was cozy, though not very modern looking. It fit with the wooded environment that lay outside of the city. A plethora of herb scents hung in the air, as well as that of boiled water. And of course the open fire in the fireplace just added another touch to it.

She raised a brow slightly as Vash spoke of the creatures that her and the others had run from. "Those monsters are yours? How is it that you can control them?" There were of course a few different ways. Kay just didn't want to waste her time guessing.

She held out her hand and shook his. "I'm Kay, as you probably guessed already. So why did you come here? What is your overall goal?" She did her best not to use the word 'plan'. There was more more to this than that. There had to be.

"I can't say that I've heard of Cruel Unity, or you for that matter. Are you new to this sector?"

Walker sat down as indicated, looking around still. Quite a pleasent smell was still in the air. What a very casual place, that would be how he would refer to it. It was something he was utterly not used to. More commonly surrounded by metal or refined designs. It was hardly a bad thing. But it was simply out of the familiar. The forest wasn't really new, just, the home like this. He glanced as she she asked how he controlled them, "Multiple methods. I trained them, so they know certain commands of mine. Course, loyalty was the first thing I ingrained in them. Someone else giving the same command wouldn't mean any more than babbling or waving like an idiot. There's also telepathy, again, fine-tuned to me, naturally. Many species have telepathy like mine, such as the Iktotchi. I think most people don't realize that."

He may not have stated that in his case, it was force reliant. But it most certainly was. While common among force sensitives of his race, to say it was inherent or a completely species related thing would be incorrect. It was common because of the culture and methods they used, and so it felt natural.

She introduced herself, in person, and asked his goal. Also asking about Cruel Unity. He let out a slight chuckle. "Depends who you ask I suppose. Everyone is in need of something. They want resources, I can get that for them. The Shekti are easy for me to use and find. Which makes me an ally for offensive moves. Decreasing risk to them. They lend me a share, and take what they want. Everyone profits. In all honesty I find it unlikely you have much to offer, because I'm here for scientific purposes. Not simply profit. So unless you feel like helping me find some more people, or appeasing to the resources of the rest, I imagine the only thing you can offer is you. You seem healthy enough to undergo operations."

The conversation topic got just a bit darker as he brought up operations, still quite casually. He showed no aggression, or even signs of intending to act on that. Mainly, this was because he probably already had the 20 he came for if the pirates were doing their job. One more wasn't an issue, but it was unnecessary.

As Walker Walker spoke, Kay headed over behind the counter to prepare the tea, first fetching the cup, as well as her old one and filling them with the different herbs. In hers was her favourite Sapir leaves, while he was lucky enough to get to try Ola tea. Right now she was sure that he was an enemy, yet it wasn't as though she was going to try to poison him. Instead she was just using her teas to gain an advantage.

"Ahhhh, so you are more of a scientist instead of a crimeboss. I too have dabbled in a bit of that myself."

Pouring hot water into the cups, she gave them a stir, mixing the herbs and leaves well into the water before carrying them over to his table. She set down his Ola tea and then sat down at the table herself, cradling her cup in her hands while she had a sip.

The very idea of being operated on for no reason other than his scientific curiosity didn't sit well with her. Kay had already gone through such a thing in her youth. The last thing that she'd do is go through it again willingly.

"I'm not going to help you find people to experiment on. Nor will you be able to keep those that you have. This is just one city. The jamming of our signals would only bring others here; not deter them from coming."

He smiled as she mentioned him being more a scientist, and saying she also had gotten involved in it, "Lovely. Really, we're all nothing more than bodies and intellects. Keep the two separated but interactive and you began to better understand them each. Remove one, and often the other becomes useless until repurposed."

He took a few sips from the tea, swirling it around in its cup and nearly spilling it as he did so, letting the flavor sit in his mouth before finally swallowing. He raised an eyebrow as she mentioned she wouldn't help find people. That wasn't a surprise. It was that she was no claiming he couldn't bring the ones they already had, and that jamming signals wouldn't stop aid. He let out a chuckle, "Then you don't know what signal jamming is for. In order for people to come that can help, they need to know what they're facing. Transports are easily wiped out, even just my Shekti could probably handle that. They aren't the best, but send a horde at a transport and they'll eventually break it apart. And even if you did have allies who knew who was here, they'd have to prepare. We just won't be here long enough for your help to matter. Besides, even if I suddenly lost the urge, the pirates are essentially just employees of themselves. They're not going to drop cargo just because one of them says so. Even if its a captain or employer."

Walker shook his head taking another sip and fiddling with the teacup in his hand, "Besides, what bargaining chip do you have. Threaten me, and all I have to do is let the Shekti loose. The only thing that keeps them alive on their world is the fact I keep coming by killing and bringing them, because they breed and eat like wildfire. You'll lose quite-" he stopped. His cheerful demeanor suddenly vanished. Numb. He felt numb. His eyes drifted up to her, and the cup snapped in his grasp spilling what little was left on the ground as the Vo's power surged through him for a moment. His senses in the force, suddenly vanished. The thing that made him different from any other member of the Shi. The true connection. It wasn't that it was completely gone, but it felt hidden.

"I would be careful tea-maker. I'm not a pirate or some random sith or jedi. Just because you hindered a connection, doesn't mean I can't bring your roof down on top of you. Or snap your neck." His eyes were clearly furious, but at the same time, there was fear underneath. He didn't know what all that tea could have done to him. And was quite certain he was going to preform a rigorous study once back to his ship, "I guess we both made an error." a shard of the cup rose into his hand, the sharper end pressed against his finger as he thought on what to do. His Vo still worked. But to have hindered his connection was like severing both arms and leaving the legs, but preventing the legs from actually feeling almost anything. "And even if by some trickery you manage to kill or trap me here. The pirates will continue, only they're much more likely to simply release the creatures wild so they can carry more people or cargo."

As much as he talked, he wasn't as in control of the situation as he would have wanted to believe.

Kay leaned back in her chair, sipping her tea as Walker Walker continued to speak. She knew a lot more about signal jamming than he had realized. For over two decades she had presided over dozens of worlds, holding one of the strongest trade economies in the Galaxy. But all good things come to an end, and hers did through war, imprisonment and blackmail.

In regards to the Shekti, well they weren't on his world. And if her fight with one of them was any indication, hardened soldiers should be able to take care of them swiftly.

All of that she was about to get into with him, that is until her tea started to take it's effect. Kay watched his reactions, much in the same way that a scientist would study an experiment in progress. The Ola tea served it's purpose, and it gave her much intel on the man sitting furious in front of her.

"Oh but I do have a bargaining chip available to me. And that is your life. How much is it worth...to you?" She traced one of her thumbs along the brim of her cup as she fabricated a little white lie. "Not a lot of people REALLY look at my menus and if they had, well, they'd see that not all of my teas are...average. You see what you just drank is the Tea of Destiny. Have you ever heard of the Blue Shadow Virus? It was a highly contageous waterbourne agent that killed vast populations in 48 hours, some of which I could use against your Shekti and the pirates you hired. And you....just injested it into your system. This loss of connection is but the first phase. It'll be followed by much, much more."

Kay finshed her tea and set her cup down on the table. "And if you think that I could catch it from you, well you are wrong. For I just drank the antidote. I am immune to it's effects." She met Walker's gaze with her own. "Of course I have more of the antidote, but how much is it worth to you? Kill me and you'll still be dead in two standard days. Try to find the antidote yourself and you could quickly learn whether or not I had mislabled my teas. All that is left for you....is to bargain and bargain well."

It was all a lie, of course. He was only hindered by the Ola tea. But it wasn't as though he'd be aware of that at all.

His eyes narrowed at NPC Treasury NPC Treasury as she stated his life was now in her hands. As she further went on to explain just what teas she had and claiming he was now infected with the Blue Shadow Virus. It did have a history, most of which he hadn't heard. He knew the name though so it wasn't like he thought she made it up. Besides there were numerous diseases in this galaxy. She claimed she could use it against the Shekti and the Pirates. He doubted that it'd work on the Shekti. While they were a failed species, their digestive system was...absurd, poison often only made them even more dangerous. But the pirates she might, some of them were probably stupid enough to get taken by it as he had been. More importantly, she'd already used it on him. The rest could die for all he cared if it came to it.

She said she was immune to its effects, offering that she could save him. But his only way out, was through bargaining. Two days was not a lot of time. Unfortunately, a ship could only travel so far so fast. So finding out exactly what was needed to cure him might take too much time. The gears turned in his head. He'd start preparing himself better in the future. In moments like these he wished he'd been born a Ven, stuff like this never seemed to happen to them. But it was his fault, he was stupid for taking so easily.

Still, the issue remained. But his own options were quite limited, he had to believe hers were too. He leaned back in his chair, thinking, blinking slowly and thoughtfully, "I don't have that influence. I die and the pirates will simply continue as I said. They don't need long to pack up and simply vanish. My request, was only for twenty healthy people. I die, and all they'll do is stuff more inside and go. You hold my life in your hands, possible. But I can also have yours in mine. I could die slower, but your death would be sooner. And then neither of us would get what we want."

He was still afraid, still angry, it showed in his eyes, but at the same time he wasn't going to let go of reason completely. At least, what reason was in a mind like that. "So you better have a plan. A specific set of ideas that you want. Because if you don't the only way I see myself living here, is to torture the antidote out of you. And if that doesn't work, perhaps the pain of citizens will be more enticing. Slavery may not seem like a great option. But I can most assuredly find crueler ways to deal with them until getting something out of you."

Fear, desperation, hate, they were strong emotions. That would probably be even more seen if he still had access to his connection to the force.

Kay kept her eyes locked on Walker Walker . She could feel his anger, as well as see it. No doubt he was kicking himself for being duped into drinking something that compromised him. For who would ever suspect something as innocent as tea? That was the whole point. It helped her gain the upper hand on her enemies. And Walker was no innocent.

"You talk as though this is a world that doesn't know war and cannot defend itself. You are dead wrong. Your pirates won't be able to get away in time." Most especially with some of their citizens as cargo.

As Walker continued with his own threats and questions on her plans, she focused on his heart.a few times Kay had used the tactic of Force Choke to squeeze the vital organ until it popped. Yet now she merely used the Force to add pressure to it.

"As I said before, you won't be leaving with any of the citizens of this world. If it's healthy specimens that you require, then by all means, use the pirates." It'd mean that he'd be double-crossing them, but was Walker really above all of that? Probably not.

He shook his head, as she claimed the pirates couldn't escape, "They've got leverege. Shoot them, and you bring the civilians down with them. When their lives are threatened, they'll be willing to kill. If not as insurance, as revenge." He warned.

He felt his heart clench, almost by instinct, by fear the Vo went to work. It was a limited organ. Capable of only two things, often only one for most Vran Shi, enhancing the body. Considerably boosting strength, speed, and resilience. In some cases, it also provided limited telekinesis such as with him. As a result, while it was less a conflict with the pressure she was putting on his heart, it was still pushing back. And his fear overtook him even as she spoke.

The Vo would be the organ to act again, attempting to lift and slam the table she had set the cup on into her and continue pushing until it broke or hit the wall. Even though he was not as strong as he would be with a proper connection, the Vo was still a strong organ and he was very used to using it in combat. He stood up, shouting angrily, "DO NOT TEST ME!"

"Killing people isn't a difficult feat. Anyone can achieve it and I can do that myself. However even if I were inclined to potentially permanently destroy a reputation by fighting the pirates, that isn't an option due to the considerable numerical superiority and my current condition. Oh I could take quite a number with me, but they would likely not be any good for study!"
His muscles were aching to grab something to break, same with the Vo, as any random object might careen itself towards his hands to either be thrown or broken, "You are under the assumption that somehow I am in complete command here. These are pirates they serve themselves. They probably sent me because for once they had a bit more common sense then I did, and because it was my plan in the first place. I do not have the authority to make them drop their cargo, nor the manpower to reasonably capture them sufficiently. The Shekti aren't competent enough to leave people alive even if I got them out of their cages again, or convinced the pirates to do it."

"I think the Altirians are willing to take that risk. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough." Kay had no control over the citizens of this planet. It wasn't her own. Nor did she had a position of power anymore anyways. She was no longer a Queen or Empress or even a Lady. She was just a widowed tea merchant hiding out on a backwater planet.

As Walker Walker slammed the table, she too got to her feet. Kay let go of his heart. She was testing him, checking out his methods and various degrees of abilities that remained only partly hindered by her tea.

"Well either you leave empty handed or you leave with the pirates. Or....you don't leave at all. But it's all up to you. Clock's ticking....." That was all that she had wanted from him. No one deserved to be experimented on. She knew first hand of what that was like.

"So what are you willing to pay to save your life?"

"Then they'll kill their own people." He said bluntly a scowl on his face,.

She again repeated time was running out, and asked what he was willing to pay. But she offered no malleability. No suggestions. He cracked his neck letting out a long groan,
"Your request is impossible for me to grant as is. But I'm willing to make a deal. If you refuse this, then I suppose I'll just have to start killing citizens. We'll see how many it takes before you give up the cure, and of course, I'll be sure to have it tested." he explained. There was a sudden calm, not because he was completely calm. His heart was still beating fast, however, he'd come to an absolutist like mentality forcing him into a simple state. "I can return the twenty, after departure to ensure I remain hidden, which is vital to the next part. And give the locations that all the others will be at, as well as security. It is impossible to ensure their survival by my aid alone before leaving this planet. I maintain power, but without full access I couldn't hope to actually achieve much. Even if I did manage to survive, some of the ships would just leave with their current cargo and hostages, only this time I would lack the ability to track them down properly."

The chair he was on was crumbling, his fear was still incredibly full. And much like a normal person, when someone is extremely angry or afraid, they're more prone to breaking things whether or not it helps their cause, "Beyond this however, I have nothing to offer. My personal forces are almost exclusively offensive, as you have seen from the Shekti. Which means I'd end up just killing the hostages if I tried to do this myself. And trying to hire more forces would only end up with them joining the pirates. I will repeat myself though, this is the best you can get out of me. If this does not go, then all I have left is to kill as many people as it takes for you to give up the cure. All I have to do is let the Shekti lose and send the personal allies I do have after their own targets. And I can just go on a killing spree myself. Or I could attempt to locate the disease within me, put it in someone else, and try and synthetically create the cure myself while everyone else is busy slaying people."

He turned around a scowl on his face, "The Pirates really won't be staying much longer. They'll have all they can carry soon. This is merely a raid, not an invasion. That is if they aren't ready to leave this instant. So 'clock is ticking' miss kay. Agree to give me the cure in return for information and the twenty that would belong to me, or I'll be having a murder spree over the next two days."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom