Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nomination for Master for Mara Merrill

yes-gif-10.gif

Veino Garn said:
What do you think, ICly for Mara and for you as a writer, it would mean for Mara to be a Master?
First off, I'd keep most of her abilities knight-level for a good while. I tend to see light side mastery as a matter of mental and spiritual readiness. There are tons of masters in canon who just don't have what we would consider Master-level abilities. What they have is the right mindset, and as I look back over Mara's latest threads, mainly In Fact It Scares Us and the Tython raid, I can see her growing to a point where that mindset isn't much of a stretch, young as she is.

I'd also be interested in exploring alternate IC reasoning behind this promotion - more an informal recognition than anything. Mara isn't formally part of the NJO. What she is, is a Force adept that hangs around the periphery, flying medical ships. Privately, she's a Warden of the Sky. Calling her a Jedi wouldn't be 100% accurate, and that complicates any IC rank. Basically, IC she'd be like Chloe Blake. Everyone who knows about her knows she can function at that level, but formal Jedi Master rank doesn't fit. Not least because she's young and doesn't really have formal Jedi Knight rank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom