Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nobody Expects...(The One Sith Inquisition)

This spoiler is obligatory. You can thank me later by PMing me all of the memes. kappa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf_Y4MbUCLY

Nobody quite expected the One Sith Inquisition to become a thing until it was already upon them.
The galaxy was much less prepared for such a notion that was romanticized as being rooted in historic barbarity.
In truth, the forming of the Inquisition was only a matter of time, rather than discussion.
Many clamored to the OS Inquisition banner. Some sensed opportunity, whilst others saw a new life. All were ready to serve.
Our chief weapon is surprise.
Surprise and Fear are our two weapons.
Fear, Surprise and Ruthless Efficiency. That's three. Our three weapons.
Fear and Surprise and Ruthless Efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Grand Inquisitor.
That's four...among our weapons. We have many weapons. We are the Inquisition and our time has come.
Mission Briefing
Planet: Lujo
South-Western Border of OS Space
Urgency Level: Yellow
Direct Inquisiton Intervention Necessary
Activating Assets: [member="Briga Tiin"] | [member="Crix Meriet"] | [member="Velon Ielor"] | [member="Steel"] | [member="Cerita Sarova"] | [member="Darth Rapax"] | [member="Gorteko Graye"] | Jack Mirrikh |[member="First Daughter"] | [member="Akuma"] | [member="Annaliese Zambrano"]
Witness To: [member="Isamu Baelor"] | Grand Inquisitor (btw, what are we going to name this NPC? I'm thinking Darius or Alistair or something.)

Objective A:

Pewter City

Northern Region; Damp, Colder Climate

Theft of OS official business speeders has hit an all-time high. Is our government being targeted by rebels or is it simply a trend? Scour the streets, interrogate the underworld and shut down those chop shops for good.

Objective B:

Ever Grande City

Polar Region; Dry, Cold Climate

We have reason to suspect a rebel cell is operating out of this city. Although tightly controlled, the rebels manage to "warm" the hearts of the locals and remain a nuisance. Extreme measures are being implemented to root out this cell. You are those extreme measures. Be professional and minimize the collateral damage.

Objective C:

Sinnoh Resort Area

Equatorial Region; Beach Resort

The CEO of an ambitious speeder company and the Secretary of Transportation are conveniently vacationing. Intel suggests that they're preparing for secret talks. Although these would be a typical business-political affair, but this one is special. The company has valuable assets that would appreciably be absorbed into OS controlled companies. We suspect the Secretary of corruption on a level deeper than this beach soiree get together. Confirm whether or not either party can be implicated. Top marks for proving and/or fabricating enough evidence to take down one or both of these two figureheads.

To deepen your cover, each field asset involved in this mission will be given a coupon for one free ice cream cone and one coupon for one free back massage. Stay professional, stay undercover.

Objective D:

Oldale Town

Southern Region; Spring Season, Tepid/Thawing Conditions; Advanced Settlement

Oldale Town is soon to celebrate its first anniversary in a matter of days. The little town has come a long way and is big enough to be a borderline city minus the excessive presence of mainstream strip malls. The event will entail the christening of a mayor for the town. There are three candidates:
  • Marius Sünterlione. In the lead for mayorship. Strong, Steel Will and Experienced. However, he is a seemingly poor choice from our perspective, as he is suspected by our agents to be in charge of the small, but present local crime organization. With him at the unbridled lead, we believe that the town would grow into a poor version of OS standards and even become a potential pit of dissension. Conversion probability: Low.
  • Dannen Cearsey. Young, Impressionable, Altruistic and Idealistic. Remove him one way or another. Conversion probability: Low
  • Gaius Tal'Ruuk. Middle Aged, Morally Grey, Opportunistic, Cunning and Intelligent. Ideal candidate as long as he is on our side. Conversion probability: Medium-High.
The new town must be formed in the OS' image. Ensuring OS dominance in a budding city is paramount to maintaining order.

Whether you team up with your fellow Inquisitors, Acolytes and/or Agents or ride it solo, good luck and bring glory to the Inquisition!

Objective: A (To Catch A Thief...Or 20)

It was a dark and stormy night when they landed in the city.
And, just like that, the audience was already leaving...

He was working under Inquisitor Ryken for this one, since there was a distinct lack of situation responders...for the time being. Ryken was of average height; not close to Jack's height. However, he was solidly built and quite imposing with his short-cut hairstyle. The transport vessel set down and opened its loading bay doors. When they were open enough, a single speeder shot out of the opening. Inside of this top notch, expensive speeder was Inquisitor Ryken and Acolyte Jack.

Off they sped to get to their destination: their hotel room. They parked outside and carried all of their bags inside. Instead of talking with the desk worker, however, Ryken nearly nodded to the worker, the worker nodded back and they were left unimpeded to get on the elevator and ride it to the top floor. From there, they took the stairs up a level to the roof. Before they went out into the rain, Ryken knelt down, unzipped one of his bags and pulled out components. He then organized and fit all of these pieces together to make a zip line launcher.

They both slipped rope and carabiners around themselves and then went outside. The rain was coming down thick, so they wanted this done as soon as possible. Jack slipped more carabiners onto the bag straps whilst Ryken steadied himself on the edge of the roof, aimed at the opposite, smaller building across the street and fired. After Ryken secured the line, Jack sent the bags down the line. Then, they followed suit. Once they were over, Ryken yanked twice on the rope and the launcher's auto coil system yanked the line back over to the hotel.

The hotel was not one of the best the city had to offer. However, it was deemed the perfect target for rich theft and closest to "zones with higher crime rates". Politics and bureaucracy didn't prefer to call them what they were: gang-controlled territory. The building that they had zipped to was an empty building that was for lease by the local government. They walked down the flight of stairs until they were at the ground level. The windows and doors were covered by blinds, so no one could see in. Ryken set up the computer and confirmed the tracking signal from their expensive speeder. Jack went over and checked up on the pair of personal speeders that were sitting in the middle of the nearly empty room.

The plan was to monitor the location of the tracking signal. If it started moving, they would follow it back to its intended destination. Until then, it was one long waiting game in a minimally furnished room...and, it was only 9 at night....

As his ship was docking in the spaceport at Gorteko reviewed his mission briefing. Apparently there has been some excessive speeder theft of late, it also seemed that two other inquisitors were already boots on ground for this particular mission. 'So I'll just be assisting with this job then? I suppose I'll have to find them first though; that should be too difficult.' With that thought, the sith headed out into the spaceport, looking for where his speeder was staged. Having taken his personal ship on this mission, he brought along his own speeder and had the spaceport workers ready it for him. Taking the speeder he would travel to the hotel that the inquisitors were assigned in this city.

Upon arrival at the hotel Gorteko made eye contact with the desk worker, who instantly looked down as if to pretend he didn't notice the sith. Taking that action as an allowance of entry, the man took to the stair and climbed his was to the top of the building. Having been able to sense them since shortly before reaching the hotel, he could tell where his fellow inquisitors were and how they got there, which is why he went to the top roof to begin with. It was there he would realize that nothing was left for him to attach to the line, he would have to do this the hard way.

Climbing onto the rope, the sith began to walk across it toward the other building. The rain and wind only making his task more difficult as it tested his concentration while had assisted his balance with the force. After making his way across the rope, Gorteko began the head downstairs, staying as quiet as possible. Once he was on the last flight of stair before he would reach [member="Jack Mirrikh"] and Ryken, Gorteko would call out to them, "If I were hostile, you'd both be dead." The words rang through the nearly empty building as the man walked down toward them and awaited their response and any possibly information. It was shorty after ten in the evening.

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

It was Ryken who started up the conversation first.

"Why are you here, kid?" asked Ryken casually. He hadn't looked up from his computer, so it made it seem like he didn't even care about his mildly offensive question. Jack couldn't respond with outright hostility, though. HE was the Acolyte, here.

"Because I can be, sir. I want to become stronger and purge my enemies by strength or guile. I'm already learning under the wing of Darth Erebos, but he has many other matters to attend to. As such, I figured that this would be the next best place to learn from."

Now, either Ryken denied it and insulted himself or accepted the praise and accepted Jack. Ryken leaned back in his seat and looked up at Jack. He smiled and said,

"To tell you the truth, I was opposed to taking on an Acolyte. I figured it would slow me down in the field. However, you haven't managed to get in my way, yet. So, there's that..."

The conversation ended on a weird note. Things livened up a little shortly after 10.

Gorteko Graye said:
"If I were hostile, you'd both be dead."

It was Ryken who answered,

"And if you were the pizza man, you'd have pizza. So, what gives, Graye? Here to tag along?"

He turned back to Jack and said,

"As I was trying to get to earlier, kid, the life of an Inquisitor is quite a different rodeo than anything the galaxy's used to. It requires the planning of a mastermind, the guile of a ninja, the strength of a blademaster, the tongue of a serpent and all of the assets you can muster. It takes a wide variety of skills to master Inquisition, so it's no wonder that Inquisitions gave rise to many empires and dictatorships throughout galactic history. You like training, kid, but mastering this field of work isn't just going to make you the best. It's also going to paint the largest target on your back since Emperor Palpatine; especially seeing how big the One Sith empire has become."

"Yeah, something like that." Gorteko said in response to Ryken's question. He was there to help, but in all actuality, he was there for deterrence. Should things start to get violent, Gorteko would use his particular skill set to "encourage" a peaceful resolution; and if that were to fail, he'd do what he could to minimize casualties. This particular sith detested killing, as it eliminates everything that person could have ever become, good or bad, they'd never have the opportunity to affect the universe again.

"There's more to the Inquisition than skills Ryken. It's an idea. The idea that a few will take on tasks to protect the many. Working towards the greater good for the sake of the One Sith Empire. What maters more than your ability, is your loyalty to the Empire. But maybe I'm just an idealist; anyways, do we have anything yet?" With that said, Gorteko found himself a place to sit and began to meditate, recover what he exerted on his way here. Though he didn't look like he was in a meditative position, Gorteko had spent a lot of time learning to meditate while appearing as though he were just sitting with his eyes closed. This also allowed him to maintain awareness of his surroundings and listen to conversations while he meditated. Which is why he had no problem with beginning to meditate right after asking a question.

[member="Jack Mirrikh"]

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

"Nothing yet. But, yeah," replied Ryken. "Of course there's ideology involved. The Inquisition started because someone had an idea. Militias are made and operated with the intent to hold up their government's ideals. There's no reason for anyone to be a legitimate part of the Inquisition without first being loyal to the OS. What I'm saying is that we are the jack of all trades in terms of operation. We have to specialize in everything to do our job as best as possible. Diplomacy, subterfuge, sabotage, reconnaissance, intelligence, counter intelligence, ground, air and space combat. The list goes on. Loyalty and ideals are great, but if you don't have the skills, your best way to serve is going to be mopping floors in a prison complex on some forsaken moon."

Jack listened to both sides, but didn't get involved in the conversation. Between two inquisitors, it was his place to learn and take note.

At about 10: 47, a ping sounded from Ryken's laptop.

"Target is on the move. Ready up." Ryken unlocked and shoved the doors open whilst Jack packed up the packs and loaded them onto the personal speeder bikes. Then, both he and Jack got on the bikes. Ryken said to Graye, "I assume you have standard issue IFF monitoring equipment on board your speeder? Oh, it's a good thing you came along." He tossed a key to Graye. "Now, we have someone to lock up after us. Follow us and try not to get lost. Or spotted, for that matter. No need to spook the kook."

With that, he drove out into the night with Jack following behind.

The ping from Ryken's computer drew Gorteko's attention, it was beginning. Though he wouldn't leave quite yet, as he caught the key that was tossed to him. "Yeah, you go on ahead, I'll catch up when I'm done here." Once the pair of them sped off, Gorteko began closing down their temporary base of operations; making sure to check he computer for any information before closing it down. Once that task was finished he would lock all the doors, saving his one exit for last, and locking it behind him before heading back to his speeder.

Having reached his vehicle, the sith mounted up and sped off, toward the speeder that was being tracked. After a short while, he came within sight of his comrades and slowly, and quietly pulled close to them, dismounting a few meters away. Walking up toward [member="Jack Mirrikh"] and Ryken, Gorteko spoke out softly, "So this is it? This is where they've been taking our speeders?"

When you're tailing someone, you had to react on the fly. You had to stay far enough away to not attract attention, but close enough to not lose them. However, if the person you're tailing is skilled and paranoid enough, there were always tricks you could pull to try and spot/lose a tail. You could take a sudden turn, go slower than the speed limit or, in this case, you could sustain a complete stop in the middle of a right-of-way zone.

When they spotted their target simply hovering in mid-air, they had no choice but to keep going. This was a particularly lucky case in which they were tracking the bait they had planted. As they and many other people zoomed by, the target was assuaged and continued his course. Eventually, they came to the signal's final destination. They were parked on the street opposite a narrow alley that lead to a durasteel door. That door was the entrance of the suspected chop shop. They got off their bikes, casually stood next to a couple of news machines and pretended to have a casual conversation.

When [member="Gorteko Graye"] got here, Ryken responded,

"If this is, indeed, an actual chop shop, I imagine that it's only one of many across a large city like this. But, everyone has record keeping in places like these, even criminals. If we pull this off in one fell swoop tonight, between the three of us, I'm sure we can investigate and interrogate the info we need to implicate some more chop shops, if not all of them. But, that means we have to watch our killing sprees, you two. Jack? You understand?"

Jack rolled his eyes and replied, "Yes, sir. I understand completely."

"Good," continued Ryken. "If this goes well tonight, we'll have enough to pass this on to local law enforcement and the techier Inquisition ranks so we can move on to more important things. First things first, though: Do we infiltrate or assault? Assault will be the most straightforward and fastest, but sneaking in tends to pay off. What do you think, Graye?"

Listening to Ryken speak about the chop shops, it only made sense. There's no way they'd do all their business form one location, or they'd already have been taken out. It also seemed likely that the three of them would be able to take care of all of the shops tonight. While working for the cartel Gorteko had taken out gangs in a night before, and having help would only make it easier. Though this time he'd be doing his best to not kill any of them, instead of attempting to take as many heads as possible for the bounties. He was a different man back then.

Refocusing he once more listened to what Ryken had to say. Leaving this to local law enforcement is what got the Inquisition called here in the first place. Though if we were to deliver the criminals directly to them, they wouldn't be able to mess up detaining them. That would be what they would have to do. Though it wouldn't make much sense for these people to give up information and then be arrested willingly, so they would have to lie to them, or obtan information through other means.

"Walking in through the front door seems like the best idea to me, we maintain surprise, and we might be able to stop a fight before it starts. If we talk to them before taking them out, offer them a deal, their freedom for information on the other shops. A deal which we wouldn't follow through with. After we get what we need, we'll take them out, establish communication with local law enforcement and have them come in and clean up. From there we'll move out and take care of the other shops, all the while locals will follow us and arrest the criminals we take out. So after this, it'll just be all out assults; does that work for you?" Although it was a on the spot plan, it would have to do unless Ryken or [member="Jack Mirrikh"] had a better idea.

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

Ryken grimaced a little before saying, "Diplomacy as our opening card, Graye? Surprise is lost the split second they see us and raise blasters, never mind the fact that you can't simply trust a criminal to not be trigger happy the moment three, unfamiliar, but capable men walk into their den. The rule of thumb that I have with criminals after dark in their home territory is that they'll always shoot first and ask questions later. Last I checked, none of us are blaster proof. Also, you want to wage some kind of campaign in one night?? The police may have been incompetent, but they have one thing that we don't: Manpower. Given the right intel, they can spread out across the city and get the job done in one fell swoop. Besides, this isn't the only situation we have to deal with here on Lujo. Our schedule's booked, if you haven't noticed. The only way we get out of this alive and finished tonight is if we hit them hard here and then pass off the rest of the heavy lifting to the locals. Our job is not and has not been to wage a private war...yet. We only need intel pointing at the other shops. Taking any of them alive is only a precaution to not finding physical intel. Beyond that, they are expendable scum who have been preying on people for far too long. Take care that you know which people you're REALLY supposed to be investing in, here...What do you think, Jack?"

Jack was getting a little short with the two men's back and forth behavior. He started crossing the street as he said to them,

"We're wasting time. If Graye wants to go ahead of us and try his hand at diplomacy, let him. Otherwise, we should start our assault."

Listening to Ryken tear apart his proposition, Gorteko couldn't help but feel peeved. Not at the words that were spoken but at the notion that he could be so blinded by an idea that he would assume something like a last minute campaign could work. He would use this feeling, let the annoyance fester into anger, use the anger to amplify his power for what he was about to do. "No. Ryken is right, it was foolish of me to be so ambitious. We'll do a frontal assault. I'll take point if you don't mind." There was subtle agitation in his voice as he spoke. This tone wasn't directed toward either of them though there was no knowing how they'd interpret it, should they pick up on it.

Not that they would have the opportunity to discuss whether they did mind or not, as Gorteko had already left in a full sprint heading towards a single door on the right side of the building. Normally the man would have used the force to amplify his speed, although in this instance he would be utilizing his rage as an unstable power conduit. In doing so Gorteko, throughout the course of his sprint, had been gathering his power around him, to the point that the last few steps before his collision began to dent the ground; and his impact was even more graceless. Leading with his shoulder the sith hit the door with such force that is was caused to unhinge and fly directly into one of the mechanics that had been standing in the now revealed work bay that the door lead to.

After his entrance, Gorteko found himself scrambling across the floor in an attempt to return to his feet. By this time the man was consumed with rage, no control over the amount of power he would exert on any action he would take. If one were to look anywhere around the room they would see only the stunned faces of the workers who had no idea what to do about the man who just literally broke in. Though that wouldn't last long as they would all draw weapons and begin their counter attack. Some fired blasters, others charged with pipes and other blunt objects, a few hectically tried to find a place to hide; they were clearly noncombatants. Although since they retaliated so abruptly, they were very uncoordinated and were tripping over one another, unable to work together even relatively.

This provided Gorteko enough time to get to his feet and enough time for Ryken and [member="Jack Mirrikh"] to make it onto the scene. And if they were to arrive at this moment in time, the first thing they would undoubtedly see would be Gorteko kicking at the air in front of him. While that would seem ridiculous normally, the sith was actually channeling the force through his leg, discharging a blast directed toward some of the opposition that had been charging toward him, leaving them lying on the floor after a slightly longer than necesarry amount of airborne time in a direction they hadn't planned on going. At this time the Inquisitor would dive towards some form of cover, which was one of the working station of the chop shop. Here he would gather himself, which was easier after expending so much energy already, calming down took only a matter of moments; allowing him enough control to use his other weapons. Two blaster would then come out of his robes and hover over the cover he hid behind, firing sporadically at the few remaining hostiles in the room, as by now his comrades had taken care of much of the room. He made certain that none of his shots would hit above the waist, as he had no intention of killing today, though he had no issue with maiming or even paralyzing their current opponents.

Once the fighting had ended and the room only heard the moans of the injured, Gorteko stood up, which lead to him instantly falling over. As he lay upon his back and stared at the ceiling he called out to the other two sith . "I might need a moment, would you mind taking care of whatever's left in the other rooms should there be anything back there? Also the information, I don't believe I can get that right now, I apologize for the inconvenience" His voice had returned to normal, but he would be clearly winded. After speaking, the man would begin to meditate from his current position, attempting to recover his energy and reduce the pain he had incurred upon his entry.

As [member="Gorteko Graye"] charged ahead, Jack and Ryken advanced at a quick walk. Ryken tapped Jack on the shoulder after Graye busted inside. He said to Jack,

"Observe the Grayebeast in its natural habitat. Approach with caution."

This elicited a chuckle from Jack and a smile from Ryken. Ryken drew his pistol whilst Jack brought his light saber to life. They entered the room ready to rumble. Ryken aimed and took out those with blaster weapons while Jack used the Force to shove tool crates and rolling carts into melee combatants. It didn't take long for the three of them, with their combined efffort, to squash the resistance.

Ryken and Jack had taken clear notice of Graye at play. Jack marveled at the man's depth of energy reserves, but was annoyed by the large inefficiency and flashiness of his use of the Force. This was the man who had wanted to rinse and repeat these assaults all over the city? The same man who had to take a timeout after each fight? Jack could already hear what chastising words his master, Darth Erebos, would say if he say Graye's work.

Ryken rifled through his backpack and pulled out a small bottle of water. He tossed it to Graye and said,

"No need to apologize. You did a good job, Graye."

Jack threw his light saber at the office door against the far, back wall and it sunk into the leftmost side of the door. He then used the Force to carve around the outer edge of the door. Once the door was completely unhinged, he shoved it in and allowed themselves entry. He brought the light saber back to himself and kept it ready to deflect. This was a safe move, for he suddenly needed to start dodging and deflecting shots taken at him by the manager.

A twist of the Force was enough to rip the blaster from the man's hands. Jack started interrogating the man whilst Ryken got on to the computer and forced his way into the system via data spikes.

As Gorteko lay upon the ground and unconventionally meditated, he began to ponder what the rest of their mission had in store for them. He only skimmed the briefing he had received on his way to this planet, so he didn't remember the exact details, and the current physical exhaustion he was experiencing didn't help the situation either. They were currently dealing with the chop shops, and would soon turn this over to the locals; but there were rebels some where as well. There was also something about some speeder company, though he couldn't recall the name. Was he supposed to be acquiring speeders from them? No, it was definitely something else, at least he can always go back and read the brief again, or maybe Ryken or [member="Jack Mirrikh"] remembered the details. Finally, there was that election of sorts coming up, a town mayor. This was a busy little planet, but that's why the Inquisition exists now, isn't it?

After a short while, and it seemed as though the others had found the intel they were able to acquire, Gorteko returned to his feet. He had rested enough to resume normal function, though should they enter combat again, he wouldn't be as useful as before. The sith would begin to speak as he approached Ryken, "So, do we have what we need?"

The interrogation had garnered nothing except a good beat down from Jack. The computers yielded much more info. Trade and contact info was all too easy to access and process for the answers they needed. They had what they needed and then it was in the hands of local law enforcement. Ryken pulled his Inquisitor strings over the line to ensure that immediate action was going to be taken ASAP. Jack and Ryken walked out to talk to Graye and wait for the law to arrive and take away the survivors.

"Yeah, that's everything," replied Ryken. "Here, anyway. How does a relaxing summer job sound to you, Graye? Are you up for some more action or are ya' ready to call it quits?"

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

"Sounds great, although for some reason I feel like relaxing might be a slight exaggeration." While it didn't really matter what the mission was, just that there was a mission to be completed. As Inquisitors, they had made the decision to do what needed to be done for the sake of the empire. It didn't take long for the local authorities to arrive and begin their process for detaining the recently defeated criminals. As Ryken had been taking point on this mission, Gorteko waited for him to finish dealing with the locals before continuing the conversation they had just recently started. "Are we getting briefed now, or would en route be preferred?" The sith was ready to leave whenever his allies were ready to as well. Ryken's response would decide the next action the three of them would take.

[member="Jack Mirrikh"]

Objective B
Ryken and Jack warmed their hands with their hot breath while they waited for the transport to touch down. The resort had been put off because of two things. Tropical weather had put a delay on all travel plans and rebels in the snow-covered city had pulled off a daring rescue from the local prison. Priority naturally shifted to Objective B.

At this point, it was up in the air whether or not they'd receive additional backup ([member="Gorteko Graye"] and other Inquisitors). However, he knew for certain that the cold interior of this transport could have done with the addition of warm bodies to make the atmosphere incrementally better...brrr.

They touched down and the opening door only made it worse. Ryken was wearing a white and grey winter parka like he was about to go ice climbing. Jack wore his armor, but also a thick, black cloak with a fur-lined hood...he liked this cloak. :)

Relief from the cold came when they finally stepped foot inside city hall. Jack and Ryken flipped their hoods off their heads and continued upstairs into a room called Great Hall so that the meeting could get started. When they came in the doors, it was 2 minutes past 7 in the morning. Jack yawned instinctively when the time reminded him how nice it would have been to still be sleeping. Ryken yawned in response to Jack yawning, but then quickly closed his mouth and said, "Dammit, Jack. Not here." They tried not to make their smiles so obvious, but they still got upset glares from security who had been staring at the newcomers.

A white, pale zabrak spoke up and called the meeting to order.

"As you all know, or should know, there was a break-out at Lockjaw Prison. An investigation has already been launched regarding that incident, but that's not our focus. Our focus, as it has always been for the past month, is to sniff out and crush the rebel cell working in our city. This spiteful act has only generated more disorder and distrust in our ability to run a tight ship. That's why we're going to end this. Today, if possible. That's why the Inquisition has been brought in. We need to end their little game and we need to the best weed pullers to do so. The rebels have proven to be beyond reason, so we're done pulling our punches..."

He walked over to a holo-projector and turned it on. The city appeared above the table and certain zones were highlighted with bold text appearing certain sections of the map.

"We are here. There are three sections of the city in which we suspect the rebels could be operating out of. The residential zone, the automotive industrial zone and/or the Office of Sanitation. The city's big, so it's best advised to not run solo on this op. Find an accountability buddy and have at it. Anymore more snatches of information we've collected have been sent to your data pads. Good luck, Inquisition."

Objective B (Fight The Cold)

"So, where should we start looking, Jack?" asked Ryken. Both of them were sitting in chairs down in the lobby. They weren't anxious to leave so soon and get back into the cold without a plan to get fired up about.

"I absolutely protest the idea of going anywhere near the Sanitation department. I know what happened last time I had anything to do with the sewers beneath Botor and I'm...not so anxious to get involved with raw sewage and whatever else lives down there...Why don't you pick somewhere?"

Ryken wasn't aware of the events on Botor, but he also wished to not uselessly trigger Jack. There were two other places to go, but he knew that plenty of the other Inquisitors would also surely like to avoid the sanitation office, as well.The sad truth was that the repulsive nature of the Office of Sanitation would make for a good hidey hole for Rebels. Normal humanoid beings would avoid it like the plague unless they worked there and the place was big and honeycombed enough with plenty of places to hide, if the dossier was anything to trust.

"What if I picked the Sanitation office?" A ghost of a smile touched his lips as Jack's expression became even darker. "Look, Jack. I'm asking you because, even though it's only been a short amount of time, you have more than enough skill to be an Inquisitor. I'm stepping up the apprentice process and moving into the testing phase. I have to start asking you questions and let you have increasingly more autonomy so I can gauge your ability as Inquisitor material. I mean, why did you even start at Acolyte level? Don't get me wrong: you've been great company. I just hate to see stalled potential."

Jack shrugged his arms and replied,

"I'm not entirely sure. I guess I just wanted to make for certain that I was truly capable of being an Inquisitor. I guess it makes sense to start looking towards being an Inquisitor, now. I've been receiving some excellent training."

"Flattery will get you everywhere, kid, but only when the target's looking for it. So, what will it be. Residential, Automotive or Sanitation...?"

Jack stared into space, trying to weigh the pros and cons of the situation. As much as he hated to admit, Ryken was right. There were going to be plenty of people swarming the residential and automotive districts. They needed to volunteer to pick up the slack so that there were no holes in the Inquisition net.

"...Let's go to Sanitation...."

There was a smile on Ryken's face as they walked out the front door and Jack knew it...

Thallai grimaced as her Headhunter touched down on the space-port. The old fighter had not liked making the trip at all, but Thallai hadn't felt comfortable using an Inquisition ship yet. She had told them she needed the time to meditate, but the reality of it was that she didn't trust them at all. Of course, that was no black mark against the Inquisition, Thallai didn't trust anybody, not after her training.

Opening the cockpit of her fighter, Thallai glared up at the sky before she exited the ship and got her bag, then hurried so she was under the cover of the space port. The officials looked surprised to see here, and even more suprised to see her fighter. "Is that...a Headhunter? I thought they stopped making those old things." he said, before turning to look at Thallai. "And what is your business on Lujo, ma'am?" he asked politely.

Thallai turned and fixed the man with a cold glare, lowering the hood of her cloak and lifting it aside to show her lightsaber. The official gulped and turned away hurriedly, leaving Thallai to head out of the spaceport to her destination. She had been ordered to report to a hotel in the city and meet up with two more senior inquisitors there, one Jack Mirrikh and a man named Ryken. However, she was also supposed to remain discreet, not something she'd had any training in. Stopping for a moment, the young Sith hesitated, then made a quick change of direction and went into a quiet side room.

There she made sure it was clear before locking the door and changing out of her armor, an action that made her extremely uncomfortable. She had a pack of civilian clothes with her, a white shirt with a black duster and grey pants with brown boots. Slipping both her bryar pistol and her saberstaff under her duster, Thallai picked up her now much, much heavier pack and left the building, feeling the eyes of every single passerby like a nail between her should blades.

Between the paranoia, the lack of armor, the weight of her pack, and the nervousness of meeting her superiors, Thallai wasn't even remotely in a good mood when she got to the hotel and smacked into someone coming out of the front door. Stumbling back, Thallai let her pack fall to the ground with a noticeable crash. "Can't you watch you where your going?" she snapped, picking herself off the ground and hoping that her saber didn't show under her coat.

[member="Jack Mirrikh"]

*CRUNCH!* Oops...It had been Jack whom had been distracted enough in his conversation to suddenly run directly into the female civilian. As she bent to pick up her belongings, her response was seemingly extreme for a person of her stature. He would have gotten upset if it wasn't for her aura. He could sense that she was special, even more unique than anyone he'd met thus far. Naturally, this encounter was filling him with many different emotions. Frustration and anger for her spiteful attitude, understanding of the incident, sorrow for partially causing the incident and nervous tension for his conflict with this unknown variable.

He looked over to Ryken for support, but he found none. He simply looked back and Jack and shook his head as though to say, Nuh uh. Leave me out...That left Jack in the lurch, which bothered him even more. He looked flustered and frustrated as he replied to her,

"I'm sorry..." said Jack as he used the Force to lift her pack off the ground and back into her hands. He looked like he wanted to say more, but the beginning of whatever argument he had thought up quickly died as he decided that he didn't want to mess with this and that the job came first. His face was a little red as he averted his gaze away from hers and quickly stepped outside. Ryken stood there, trying to cover the grin on his face. Out of all the possible responses, Ryken never figured Jack to act like such a goofball. He started to follow after Jack, but not before turning his head to the young lady and saying,

"Sith Acolytes, am I right? They always get sudden mood swings right before a mission begins." Being a Non-Force User, Ryken had no idea that she was a Force User or even a Sith Acolyte. She looked like a regular civilian, despite the intense eyes. He would then walk outside unless she stopped him. Jack would walk a little ways down the sidewalk before stopping and waiting for Ryken to catch up.

(This thread's point in time is before Jack became a Knight)

[member="Thallai Brawsta"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom