Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private No Place Like Home [Asaraa Vaashe]

Caedyn Arenais

C
tzKWAmU.jpg

No Place Like Home.
Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe

Er6tw3E.png

It felt as though it'd been forever since Caedyn last docked with the Outer-Heaven, the Repertoire setting down within the residential Hangar accessible only by those with property aboard the massive Space Station, a luxury that few of his peers knew of. Since things had taken off with his service to the Outer Rim Territories and then returning to Kashyyyk at the request of the Silver Assembly, Caedyn's former role aboard the Station was no longer in play. Thus he didn't have the added privileges that came with the role and authority of security personnel, and therefore wasn't required to be aboard the Space Station for any fixed period of time. That said, this was still where his Home was, that which he shared with his Girlfriend, Asaraa Vaashe.

Sending word ahead, he'd messaged Asaraa across their own private channels of communication in order to inform her that he'd be coming home to spend some much needed time together. He wasn't sure whether or not she had been at home at the time of receiving his message, though he hoped that she'd agree to meet him there all the time. Perhaps she'd been missing him as much so as he had of her, as she didn't take long in her relaying confirmation that she'd be awaiting his arrival.

Walking the streets of the incredibly vast Space-Station, Caedyn gazed upon the many civilians passing him by on his way to the residential sector. Commerce was rife across the Outer-Heaven and their economy relied heavily upon the worlds they orbited, changing on a monthly basis. It truly was a blessing for those who lived aboard the facility, for there was always something different to be found with the Station's relocation. New adventures and sights to be seen.

The familiar sight of their Home soon came into view however and Caedyn couldn't help but feel a little nervous, strange as it was. It really did feel like it had been an age since he had last seen Asaraa. He'd been so busy within the Outer Rim for so very long, getting the Enclave situated and helping it to grow into a much larger Coalition of Jedi establishments across the region. Most recently he'd been spending his efforts on trying to coerce a certain young Padawan by the name of Kyra Perl Kyra Perl to seek his guidance for the sake of her future within the Order. It had thus far proven rather exhausting and it was something he'd be asking Asaraa for advice over in due time...

Placing his palm against the security panel alongside the entrance, the panel flashed green in approval and the doors opened with a mechanical hiss followed by a droid-like voice welcoming him home. "Asaraa, I'm home!..." He called as he stepped in and closed the door behind him, wondering if she'd arrived before he had.

"And you brought me a present right?"

A young Jedi had arrived back at the house a night before, just as the station was winding down, the streets starting to empty for the night as people retreated to their homes to their estates. The station was never truly dead, not even in the darkest of nights, in those hours when anyone with any sense would be safely tucked up in bed there were parties and clubs still active. Bodies pressed up against one another, laughter and music filling your ears. While Asaraa had dragged Caedyn out to a few of these parties, the truth was it wasn't really something she enjoyed going to alone. It was much more fun to take her straightlaced boyfriend with her, to drag him out onto the dance floor.

As it was she hadn't gone out looking for any kind of a party last night, just stumbling into the house and barely making up to the bedroom before she collapsed into bed. It was only the sound of the opening door and Caedyn's voice that finally roused her from her slumber. Bare feet padding on the wooden floor as she appeared at the top of the stairs clad only in one of Caedyn's shirts that she'd...liberated from his closet the night before, long pink hair tousled, strands floating around her head like a halo as she reached up to rub a bleary hand across her eyes as she blinked owlishly.

It had been...weird, sleeping here without him but this house set so far away from the pressures of society from the responsibilities that weighed so heavily on both of them. It was like a little piece of paradise, a place where she could at least close her eyes without worrying. It was a place where the reality of the galaxy didn't intrude, no sith, no monsters, just comfort, happiness. The truth was she'd been scared when Caedyn had first brought the house, scared of what it had meant, what it had said about the future. Now though...now she found herself looking forward to those stretches of time where they could slip away from the galaxy. A day, a weekend, a week, however long it was the life they had here was happy to wrap around her like a cocoon, for a moment the weight of the world no longer pressed on her thoughts. For a moment that was enough.

"Or caf, but presents are best...and no you don't count as a present. You're mine anyway so don't even try to pull that one on me mister."

Caedyn Arenais

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
There mere sight of Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe standing at the height of the stairs wearing only a shirt of his which barely covered her thighs nearly weakened Caedyn at the knees. His mouth opened, though no words escaped him as he merely stood there agape and making a "Huh..." sound. Not out of question but out of suspense and desire all wrapped into one peculiar reaction. She was the marvel of his Galaxy, and he had been without her for so very long.

Away from home, he was a Jedi Knight and the Son of a famed Jedi Master whose name had greater reach than Caedyn himself did, but here at home he was just a man, in love with a woman, both who could be themselves within one another's company and not concern themselves with how they might influence those around them. They could be selfish and self-absorbed in their relationship. They could be happy with no looming threat or concern to spoil their precious moments together.

"...Oh" He blinked a little, realizing his silence and sought to retort to her teasing him. "I'm totally a worthy present. You're just miffed because you tried returning me and got told no refunds", of course he was joking. Playing their game of back and forth that they so often enjoyed. Teasing banter with an edge of desirable competition between them.

Caedyn hadn't brought any Stimcaf with him, or presents of any sort. He hadn't quite thought that far ahead, he'd just been excited by the prospect of seeing his Mrs once more and holding her close within his arms. Moving to begin ascending the stairs, he guiltily admitted as much; "Unfortunately you're going to be disappointed if I'm not enough, I didn't bring you anything..." He bit the inside of his cheek, thinking for a way to make up for it, "Though I'd kill for a Caf. I can make us one after I've said hello".

And by saying hello, he meant approaching her, his hands moving to her waist while his lips sort her own in a welcome and familiar embrace that would breath life into any man, Jedi or otherwise. They had so much to catch up on, some much time passed between them, but right there in that moment, all of it was swept away in absolute perfection.

A singled eyebrow arched upwards, the corners of the pink-haired woman's lips curling up as a playful smile danced over her lips as she felt the comfortable warmth of his presence, of their banter rolled over her. There was something about being home together, if it was for just 5 minutes or for a week, that felt like a warm blanket being pulled over her. It was that feeling of submerging in a warm pool of water, the heat just washing over her that she found so comforting, that she found she always missed.

It was what made these reunions so wonderful, the meetings, it's what made them so hard, the partings. She didn't get to see Caedyn half enough, their disparate duties dragging them to all corners of the galaxy, the holonet meant they could at least stay in touch but it wasn't the same as the real thing, it wasn't the same as being about to see him, to sense his reaction. it wasn't close to being a match for the real thing. Words weren't close to a match for the feeling of his hands slipping around her waist or the smell touch as she sank into that kiss.

"You know, I did talk to that store, and what a cheap place it was, whatever was I thinking buying from there in the first place. They did mention that I could always trade-in for an upgraded model."

Her fingers poked at his sides as she let a pensive look settle on her face, fingers jabbing at his sides and chest.

"You know, the kind of model that remember to bring his girlfriend a present when he comes to visit. I mean, seriously who forgets something as important as that? And a caf, I think maybe we have umm something...in the top shelf somewhere."

So...shopping wasn't exactly her strong suit, living in a Jedi temple or on a ship all her life had meant there was always someone else to make sure that there was food in the cupboard when you needed it. Although...

"I thought that maybe we could go shopping together, you know something nice and domestic."

That was totally her plan, she hadn't been overwhelmed by the excitement of seeing him again. No-no, not at all. It wasn't like that had been all she'd been thinking about for a week and had literally collapsed to make the night go by faster when she first arrived. Who ever told you that.

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
Oof...-If he didn't know Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe better, he might have wondered if there was an ounce of seriousness behind that last taunt. Caedyn, when able to let go of that 'state of profession' or otherwise 'Jedi mindset', had a bit of a sensitive side in that he held a tendency to be a little self conscious; Thus the prospect of a better model was easily a possibility were it not for the fact that he knew she was meeting him in equal jest.

"Heh, careful now" he mused with a half smirk, "That 'Jedi Restraint' only goes so far. Wouldn't want to know what I'd do to someone if they put their hands on you...". Caedyn Arenais wasn't of course intentionally violent towards people and the remark was meant to provoke a laugh, yet he clearly held an underlying tone of desire and protectiveness over her. While he would never disrespect Asaraa as to assume or make out that she was a possession of his, the thought of losing her wasn't something he wanted to think about either. Especially after the (Physical) distance between them lately.

"Actually, now that you mention it...-I don't know why I didn't think of that myself" he remarked upon the suggestion of something alcoholic; "It's not as though I'm at the Silver Rest anymore, I can cut loose a bit" he grinned broadly, placing one last affectionate kiss to her forehead before stepping away, his left hand reaching for her own and encouraging Asaraa to follow him towards their kitchen where as suggested, they still held a few bottles of 'goodies' in stock. It was seemingly about all they had left in the cupboards.

"I hope you actually ate something last night..." He asked with a rhetorical sense, looking about their stores and seeing very little in the way of things still considered edible. "Shopping probably can't wait" he chuckled quietly under his breath, turning back to look to her, his eyes glancing her up and down. Pointing to each of the bottles still left upon the shelf, he waited until she gave him a nod in what she was after before grabbing the bottle of bourbon for himself and moving to the counter to poor them both a glass. A bit of ice thrown in for a refreshing taste and they were good to go.

"So...-Tell me what I've been missing out on, on your side of the Galaxy these days" he asked, very interested to know what adventures his woman had been upto in the absence of their shared company. Caedyn himself had quite a few stories to share. "What good excuse do you have for not being beside me every night" he added with a smirk, goading her playfully.

"Umm...well....I think I might have had a piece of Jerky on the ride over here? Maybe?"

The pink-haired woman gave Caedyn an innocent look, the kind that said butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, big blue eyes blinking nervously at his. She was pretty sure she'd nibbled on something while getting her from her ship...maybe...or maybe it had been a daydream. Though if you were gonna daydream why wouldn't you dream about eating something a little more satisfying than a piece of jerky? It had to be real, didn't it?

"Yeah...I totally ate something...I'm totally not planning on drinking on an empty stomach."

Blue eyes flicked to the cupboard for a moment, they must have some kinda dessert pastry right? Or some kinda dessert, something that they could nibble on to fill her stomach. The young Jedi glanced back at Caedyn, one hand tugging on his, pulling him over towards the living room. A light touch of her hand, a nudge in the force, just enough to direct Caedyn back to a couch, taking his feet out to dump him on the soft cushions so she could settle herself down and claim his lap. A gesture of her hand towards the kitchen leaving a bottle and two tumblers floating towards them, the morning's light catching the transparent liquid, distorted patterns dancing on the walls as the bottle settled down on the table next to them.

"I certainly hope you can 'cut loose' here. Otherwise what's the point of sneaking off to hide here? We could meet in the Jedi temple but...well..."

Blue eyes glanced down as a delicate hand gestured at her state of clothing. Not exactly the thing you could get away with in the Jedi Temple. At least not if you didn't want to get told off by the Masters. Even now, all these years after she'd studied under them the idea of the Jedi Masters scolding her, of their disapproving sniffs still sent a shiver down her spine. She'd faced down sith and monsters, death on a near-daily basis, but it was their eyes, the memories of them that scared her the most.

A deep breath, kicking her feet idly in the air as she leaned into Caedyn chest, resting against him as she idly ran fingers through her hair.

"Hmm, not too much...I mean I kinda got promoted to Master and got put in charge of all the Light-siders in the Confederacy."

A mischievous grin spread across her face as she glanced up at him.

"What about you?"

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn fell back onto the couch with a huff of breath leaving him hastily, the cushioned furniture catching him comfortable and looking up at Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe , he couldn't keep from grinning as she positioned herself upon his lap, straddling him and calling for their glasses through careful use of telekinesis. There was honestly no other place in the Galaxy where the two could be like this without having to explain themselves to whomever might walk in on them; There at their private residence forever roaming the Galaxy slowly and nowhere to be found without the appropriate clearance, no one to interrupt them...This was a haven, a sanctuary away from the stresses of duty. The responsibilities and consequences of taking a load off, and just not caring about anything for a time. "Ugh...-I've missed this" Caedyn admitted as he seemed to relax some more, caving in against the cushions around him.

"I certainly hope you can 'cut loose' here.
Otherwise what's the point of sneaking off to hide here?
We could meet in the Jedi temple but...well...
".​

Of course she had a point, sitting there atop of him dressed only in his shirt and her unders. Were she not holding their drinks, he would have been tempted to pull her down into him and forget about talking for a while. That time would come, but for the time being he was just relieved to be back in her company once more. "Yeah you might have a point there, huh" he snickered quietly, Asa's choice of apparel doing more than merely provoke a smile.

"Hmm, not too much...I mean I kinda got promoted to Master
and got put in charge of all the Light-siders in the Confederacy.
What about you?
".
Caedyn blinked, looking up at her a little blankly at her announcement. "I thought you were their only Jedi..." He remarked, a little surprised. Her promotion had just been casually announced as though it wasn't a huge massive achievement; "That's incredible, babe...-A Jedi Master?" he grinned broadly in pride for her news.

"I don't really have anything on that, to be honest" Caedyn chuckled softly; "Though I have taken a Padawan on" he continued, a little less exciting for Asaraa to hear though Caedyn was rather pleased with their progress so far. "Actually, she seems to think she knows you somehow too".

That wasn’t the news she’d expected to hear from Caedyn as they caught one another up on their lives. They kept in touch by the holonet, the galaxy-wide communications network made keeping in touch so much easier and yet so much harder at the same time. There was something different about actually talking to someone in person. About seeing them in person, the way they reacted, their eyes widened and their breath caught in their throat when you told them good news, the way they’d lean forward as if just managing to hold themselves back from wrapping their arms around you when you told them sad news.

Asaraa could have told Caedyn about her promotion and her new job earlier, she could have dropped him a holomail the moment it had happened If she’d wanted to. But she hadn’t. She wanted to see his reaction, watch his face as she told him, to feel that surge of excitement and happiness through the force. It was the difference between telling someone new in person and through the holonet. The young woman found herself preening, a smile settling on her face as she nodded happily at her boyfriend.

“Yes yes, that’s it, praise me more!”

A wink as she tilted her head to the side for a moment before leaning it in to rest against his, basking in the warmth of the man as she relaxed in that feeling.

“Oh she does does she...whatever she said I did, I totally didn’t do it! I’m innocent and you’ll never prove otherwise! So, who is she?”

She knew that her boyfriend felt the shadow of his father more and more, both the man who had been the bastion of the light and the man who had fallen to the dark. Both sides of Veiere were tough to live up to, or live down. How could you hope to match upto a man who had been seen as one of hte premier Jedi of the galaxy, how could you escape that stain. She’d seen, in those quiet moments, Caedyn take on that long pensive stare as he’d star up into space, lost to the world for a while while he wrestled with it. There was nothing she could do to help with that other han be here, but she was glad to see he’s started to carve his own path as a Jedi. Although that didn’t mean that she would let him go without a little teasing.

“Not planning on trading me in for a younger model are you?”

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn had to chuckle under his breath at the notion and teasing remark of trading Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe in for someone else, although he couldn't help but be led to think about how rarely they saw one another nowadays, which often had him reflecting back on their much more eventful and consistent days both serving in their duty alongside one another, both to the Jedi and to themselves. An old mercy that he longed for today.

"S'long as you as you keep stringing me along, stop me from getting distracted and continue to remind me how lucky I am then I don't think we'll run into that problem any time soon" he replied with a faint smirk, his arms around her tightening a little; Perhaps his choice of words was influenced by more than just a simple jest but grife had he missed her company lately.

"I've got to admit, it's been difficult lately not to think about you" he added with a slight laugh, "Not that that's a bad thing...-But I mean because I miss you so much when we're not around so much" he glanced back to her slightly, though not wanting to move so much as he was rather comfortable in the intimacy of their embrace, seated there together with her within his arms.

"So much has been going on lately, and I'm sure you know what I mean when I say it's difficult not to be able to deal with the up's and the down's without being together" he elaborated a little, exhaling through his nose in an unintentional sighing fashion.

"As for my Padawan..." Caedyn smiled a little at the thought of Kyra Perl Kyra Perl , "She was difficult at first but I have to give her credit. With a little perserverance and a bit of discipline, she's really coming into herself. I'm rather quite proud of her" Caedyn said with an edge of confidence, "Her name's Kyra Perl, by the way".

“Stringing along? You make it sound so…evil.”

A teasing smile touched the young woman’s lips as blue eyes twinkled at her boyfriend before she rested her head on his shoulder. Unbound locks of pink hair flowed over his back, falling like a silken cloak down his back as Asaraa made a happy sound, almost a purr.

“If you don’t know how lucky you are by now mister, then we have bigger problems to deal with. Distracted…well I’m pretty sure I can distract you pretty well.”

Her smile had taken on a decidedly mischievous slant now as she felt his arms tightening around her waist, her own hand reaching up to play with his hair.

“You should miss me, I’m awesome.”

The pink-haired one allowed herself a moment to preen under the compliments before letting herself subsided down, laying against him as she let Caedyn talk. Her life had mostly devolved into one of paperwork and training, of reading and writing reports. It wasn’t something that the Jedi had ever prepared her for, they’d honed weapons aimed at the Sith, at smugglers and criminals. Yet, there hadn’t ever been a single class on bureaucracy, on how to manage an organization. Maybe that was something that she should look into preparing, Reports 101, how to work with others.

“Wait, Kyra Perl…little slip of a Zeltron, lives on Kashyyyk?”

A groan slipped from the woman’s lips as she tilted her head back, recognitions flaring in her blue eyes. It was funny, the way karma worked, it was almost enough to make her believe that the Force actually did have a plan for them, almost. The young Jedi had always had a problem with trusting the force had a plan for them, manipulating events according to some Master Plan. If anyone was going to decide her destiny, then it was going to be her and no-one else. It just seemed that the force was determined to have a laugh at her expense.

“I’m sorry…I might have taught her how to sneak into the kitchens to get at the treats…though in my defence…chocolate. Funny, I had no idea that she was your padawan…someone has a sense of humour. I’m glad she’s working out though, she seemed like a good one when I met her.”

Caedyn Arenais

C
I’m glad she’s working out though,
she seemed like a good one when I met her.

"Incidentally, the Assembly wasn't so certain" Caedyn replied, resting his head gently atop her own and looking off across the room in reflection; "If you recall, I had been working out of the Outer Rim Territories for quite a while, but they requested that I visit and assess the girl for myself. Apparently she was struggling to fit in, and they were having doubts as to whether the Jedi Path was for her or not" he explained with an air of skepticism to his tone.

The warmth of her touch was a blessing that he had so been without, and her company was enough to turn most memories into almost laughable stories, even if at the time the situation being recalled upon had been most frustrating back then. There was simply something about being together that helped Caedyn to shrug off the rest of the Galaxy for a time, and truly be able to focus on themselves and the peace that they so deserved. It might have been considered selfish in a way, but as Jedi having spent day in and day out in service to others, Caedyn delighted in finding these rare occasions and trying to keep hold of them for as long as possible.

"Something you may find even more surprising is that it turns out that her Father is Coren Starchaser, the former Jedi Master who worked closely alongside my Father..." His voice trailed a moment, fading to silence as he shifted a little as if to try to get more comfortable. Truth be told, it was a facade to cover the wince that had sprung about at the mention of Veiere. "-And Dad's old Padawan Romi Jade is apparently Kyra's Sister somehow...-Possibly through adoption or some such manner; Regardless, the connections just seem to be far too ironic to be mere coincidence...".

Unlike Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe , Caedyn truly was a man of faith in the Force, although not introduced or governed by the Jedi Code and ideology, but his time training and growing up within the Order of the Je'daii. Quite simply, he did believe that everything happened for a reason and while no living being would truly be able to understand the complexities of the Force, it was a guiding presence that connected all life together and entwining the strings of fate that would eventually see them to fulfill their true purpose in this life, providing they heard it's call.

"In any case, now that Commenor has become the Capital of Silver Space, the Assembly has been dissolved and the Order now works alongside a Governing presence called the Silver Concord. It's quite similar to how the Republic and the Jedi used to operate I suppose" he informed Asaraa, assuming that she had missed the recent going-on's of the Silver Jedi since becoming so heavily involved with the Confederacy of Independent Systems.

"I've founded a new Estate for my Family on the outskirts of the valley nearby where Munto City had previously been. The Dark Scar was cleansed some years ago and now it's become a perfectly subtle place for private home there. So much so that even Mom has accepted staying there from time to time" Caedyn remarked with a slight laugh, Asaraa having met Kay in the past and having heard all about their history over Commenor through Caedyn's retelling of said stories, as well as the defense of the world against the Sith Empire way back when.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom