Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Moderation Options in Faction

So I went to clean out the general discussion forum in Moross today and realized...I can't?

Not sure if maybe something was missed when Faction Ownership was transferred to my account, but I've never been able to moderate, close, sticky, or move threads in any of the Moross forums.

I am an FA of a minor faction to help out with design stuff and I have all those options there on that alt, so I'm a little confused. I feel like it's probably an easy fix or something just completely overlooked, like a checkbox.

Thanks for your time!

Admining/moderating a faction is somewhat tricky. You can't move threads in your factions, you'll have to ask an admin or an RPJ to do it.

Now, individually, for each thread, you need to hover your mouse over the empty square box to its right. A little red cube should appear there which when you click will provide you with these things: Edit Title, Pin, Lock, Hide, Delete.

Second thing is. Checking threads in your faction will provide you with a little moderating box in the right end of the screen. It'll be empty most likely. What you need to do is switch between all the skins you have. Cube skin used to show these. Right now, I switch to IP. Board skin to use this feature.

Oh, and one last thing. You can't edit or delete people's posts in your faction. You can hide their posts (ie. I tend to do this in information threads once I've updated information in the first post.)

Edit. I'm gonna go ahead and correct myself on this. Always make sure you're using the skin that shows you moderating powers. Once in it, you can individually moderate people's posts with: Hide, Delete, Split, Move. I assume I never figured this one out because I didn't figure out the skin thing myself, I was told later. Other skins may let you hide a posts but not actually open a moderation box in the lower right corner with all these corners.

[member="Satara Hawk"]

That's just the thing. I don't have those empty gray boxes next to threads in any forum. I've checked it under all the themes too. No boxes at all.

To be certain it wasn't my phone being weird I double checked with my alt who is FA at the other minor faction and sure enough, the gray boxes are there.

Actually the info you've given me will be a big help once this is figured out! :)

[member="Satara Hawk"]

I'll do a double check on my laptop tomorrow to make extra sure I didn't miss something in one of the themes.

I just double checked all themes.

No moderator options when hovering, no clickable gray boxes under any theme in any Moross forum.

Chris has reported the same issue with his account that he has for FA.

Well I feel a bit silly now-

[member="Ashin Varanin"] pointed me towards forum settings and helped me get everything set proper.

It was a simple fix after all, I just didn't know what I needed to do.

Thanks again, [member="Satara Hawk"] for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom