Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Good Mercenary

Hey all! So it's been a good piece since I joined the site and started Role-Playing on this character and I have to say I've loved it so far. I'm much more used to Role-Playing in GM'd settings, with few people and one story, so the sandbox environment has been something to get used to. Now though I think my feet are sufficiently wet and I am ready to take my good self down the road of deep character development. So, where to start in such a large universe brimming with potential? Most people would try to start big, create a faction and try to go major or join one of the major factions already reaving across the board, but I don't want to go there yet. Instead I think starting small is better, a simple start that opens up to a larger plot like all good stories do. With that in mind I set to the task of working out the beginnings of a tale in which I hope many will join.

The Plot
All good mercenary stories in the Star Wars universe lead to Nar Shaddaa, and it is here ours will begin. A wealthy crime lord, having exhausted all other resources, has turned to hiring freelancers of all kinds for a particular mission. The job: find the missing vessel known as The Dauntless, secure it's cargo, and return to Nar Shaddaa. The last known location of the vessel was deep within The Outer Rim, but other than that no information is given. Though details are vague the payoff is enough to support the average man several lifetimes over. Bounty Hunters. Mercenaries, Explorers, Salvagers, and all other sorts of spacefarers have been called into action should they accept the contract. The only catch; only one can claim the reward.

Details
Okay, so I'm open to anyone joining if they are up for it. Like it says above the offer has been made to several different groups of people so there is justification for everyone to join if they wish to.

This will be a multipart Role-Play. The first thread will take place on Nar Shaddaa or the space around it, the second heading towards or within the Outer Rim, the third about discovering The Dauntless, and so on.

Some information about the story will be given at the beginning of each thread, but most will be discovered Icly.

This is being done mainly to form bonds of differing types between my character and others. Allies for future posts, rivals for coming duels, all of that good stuff.

Anything you want to do to ensure your character claims the contract goes, but be reasonable. Please don't try to blow up another Role-Player's unique ship it took weeks to get through the factory unless IC really calls for it.

Other than this just ask if you wish to know something! I look forward to hearing from you all!

I would love to join you in your big step into story-making, though I am completely fine with being denied. I have not really been here but for the best of twelve hours, and even then begun truly trying to write. If you would like to include me in your journey, please do remember I am here for that. Best of luck. [member="Arlan Zy'rosh"]

I'd love to join, I am also used to this type of roleplay you're talking about. Would it be an issue that my character is quite technophobic and cant operate a ship?

[member="Arlan Zy'rosh"]

[member="Wrrlykam"]
I'd love to have you aboard, what is a Star Wars adventure without a Wookiee in the mix anyhow?

[member="Marius"]
I see no reason you cannot partake, and seeing as to how your character cannot operate ships well then we can work something out so it makes sense for you to join in.

[member="Eliza Raxis"]
Yes it is, if you would like to join I am more than happy to have a character like yours along for the ride.
Details
So will all of your addressed and expressing interest in this little adventure I think we can go ahead and move on to the actual planing phase of this. Others that see this and still wish to join can, but I see no feasible reason we cannot go ahead and start laying things out. With that said let us go ahead and continue shall we?

Okay, so with just the few of us I think it is fair to say we should try to get our characters in close proximity to each other throughout the Role-Play. During the first phase of this adventure that won't really be a problem seeing as to how we will all be on Nar Shaddaa, but once we start our trek through space interactivity between Role-Players could tank if we are all on different vessels. I was thinking a good way to remedy that would be to have us all on the same ship, one being provided by the client meant for deep space salvage operations. The ship would be fairly large and crewed by a hearty number of NPCs giving us fodder to interact with as we go on our merry way.

Now, as we get going if someone that didn't take part in the Nar Shaddaa part wants to appear in space in his/her own ship and challenge everyone for the reward I have no problem with that, I'm just trying to make things as easy as possible on the flow of Role-Play.

Thoughts? Advice?

Hey guys, I'm just doing an activity check since our thread has seemed to sputtered to a halt. I'll wait for about 48 hours to hear something from those of you that have vanished, afterwards I'll be moving the story forward.

You can find the thread HERE just to make things easier.

[member="Marius"] | [member="Wrrlykam"]

It's fine lol. We are at a point right now where it doesn't hurt the story if a writer leaves the Role-play, that's the main reason I'm checking before I continue. I wish you luck in your other Role-Plays.

[member="Eliza Raxis"] | [member="Marius"]

Hey guys, just doing my bi-daily activity check to make sure everyone is still out and about. I know Eliza has been busy IRL but I figured it was alright just to make sure everything is going okay so far.

[member="Marius"]
I'm pretty sure she's been busy IRL. She's around though so I imagine she will post as soon as she is able, though if you wanted to go ahead and post I don't think it would matter too much right now. Unless of course you want to wait and see what the contents of her package is before you post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom