Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction [NJO] Knighting — Corazona von Ascania

This was the first knighting ceremony Shan had been to. He couldn't have thought of a better person for it to have been for either. Corazona was one of his most valued friends, someone he had immense trust in, so there was no chance that he wasn't going to show up. He hadn't known her as Jedi for long, his first meeting having been when she was still on Ukatis but she was already someone he admired. Shan always said that there was no right way to be a Jedi, that the path of every Jedi was different but Cora was still one of those Jedi he looked up to and wished he could be like. Not that he'd ever admit it of course.

Though at the same time...Shan felt an immense amount of guilt. Corazona and him had been captured by the Sith, and whilst they didn't harm him and he could have left any time he had wanted, the Mirialan had stayed, because he didn't trust Cora at the time. That distrust had caused a lot of pain for others in the Order. He could have returned, reassured people, but instead he had stayed in a nest of vipers because he was afraid and suspicious. How could he celebrate this moment with Corazona right now? He couldn't. Not at this moment. There were plenty of people already around the new knight, some with tears of joy, though Shan wasn't going to be one. Crying didn't come to him easily anymore anyway.

Either way, the Mirialan stood off to the side, shaking his head to try and snap out of those thoughts when he heard a small chuckle, snapping himself out of his thoughts. Glancing around to spot the source of the chuckling, Shan blinked to himself at the sight of a fellow Jedi missing their arm. He had seen other Jedi around with prosthetic limbs, Force, he nearly ended up losing his own limb in a mission through paranoia...But seeing someone who didn't have a replacement wasn't something he was expecting. Well. Now was as good a time as any to try and meet someone new, right?

"So...how do you know Cora?" Shan shuffled his way over towards the stranger, keeping an awkward smile on his face. Talking to new people was never a strong suit of his, but he just had to focus on things they had in common right? And in this situation, that was the pair of them being here for Corazona's knighting.

Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau for direct interaction and Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania for indirect tags

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble , Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania , Makko Vyres Makko Vyres , Mathilde Leyweald Mathilde Leyweald , Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka , BB-610 BB-610 , Colette Colette , BB-610 BB-610 , Maeve Linahan Maeve Linahan , Others...

Jalen_Blade_Divider.png

"Your support means…so much to me, really. We're like family."

"Y-yeah," Jasper nodded with a grin, absolutely not beginning to get choaked up.

"Oh jeez," Jalen snickered. "Now you got him going."

Jasper sighed, gently elbowing his sibling. It didn't stop the fact that he was, in fact, on the verge of tears. The knight hadn't grown up with a family. He hadn't quite expected to hear such a thing.

But more folks came, a collection of strange folk. Some Jalen knew, some he didn't. In particular was another Ukatin woman, or at least her aura was similar enough to Cora's that he reasoned she was from the same place. It was... strange. The force moved around her in a way he had never felt before, causing his very blind and vacant eyes to linger on her for a moment. How bizarre. Jalen didn't press, of course. He wasn't good at interacting with new people. Still, it was a curious thing to observe.

And then Makko came along and the force around them became all mushy. That was his que to be somewhere else. Jalen was already awkward. There was no way he was lingering for any more of that. Maybe he should take the time to interact with new people. Cora's strange friend with the unusual force aura seemed a good enough person to start with.

"Hello," Jalen greeted very abruptly.

He tried his best to center his face on where her head should have been, but he would end up looking over the young woman by a considerable degree for a moment before reading her aura better.

A terrible start.

"Uh, sorry. I can't see." Everything was derailing now. Jalen should have stayed home. "Anyways, you go to knighting ceremonies a lot?"

Well, that was it. It was time for his soul to leave his body.

Ariana Du Couteau, Jedi Padawan
Outfit (Minus the Right Arm)

JiGZUcY.png

Ariana turned her head as a voice broke her train of thought, she couldn’t exactly tell if he was a Padawan but she also felt confident that she would have learned most Master Jedi by now. With a quick clear of her throat, Ariana bowed quickly all the same as she introduced herself to him.

“My name is Ariana Du Couteau, Padawan.” Ariana began as she straightened back up and shook her head slowly, “-I personally do not know Knight von Ascania, but I often attend many Knighting Ceremonies to encourage and show support.”

And it provided cover to dodge meditation hours and other non-combat training obligations. Ariana was here to provide moral support, despite not being familiar with many of the Padawans around the Temple. She had found support from other fellow Padawans who weren’t aware of her name and that kindness Ariana wanted to pass to others whenever possible.

With a slight turn, Ariana gestured with her head towards the growing group around the newly knighted Corazona. “You can’t miss sights like these, especially after everything with the Maw you gain appreciation for moments like these . . .” Her voice grew quiet before she quickly returned her focus back to the new Jedi. The Maw was old news, while she wouldn’t forget them, the future ahead was filled with hope.

“But anyways! Are you a friend of hers?”

Vy2NTqS.png

|| Shan Pavond Shan Pavond ||​

"Oh. No. No. You don't need to bow to me." Shan shook his head at that, waving his hands dismissively in response. It felt strange to him, even if it was a respectful thing, he didn't like the idea of anyone lowering their head to him. Instead Shan held his right hand out to her for a moment on instinct...before blinking to himself and holding out his left hand. "Sorry. Force of...habit."

"Shan. Shan Pavond, also a padawan. It's a pleasure to meet you Ariana. Or do you prefer Padawan Du Couteau? Either one is fine with me."
He gave a few nods as Ariana explained that she made it a regular occurrence to visit Knighting ceremonies. "Ah. This is my first one. I was at Master Amani's erh...mastering ceremony, but that's the extent. I've never been big on showy stuff like this." Part of that was why Shan was going to wait until some form of after party, before trying to get over towards Cora. Especially with how busy the group around her was seeming to be

The Mirialan stayed quiet at the mentioning of the Maw. He hadn't been a part of the order during the war against them, but he had learned quite a bit from listening to others. Part of him hoped that the war with the Mandalorians wouldn't take the same route as that. Though either way, he shook his head and focused on Ariana's question, giving a curt nod.

"Oh yes, yes. I met her back when she was on Ukatis and taking a...break from the order." That was the best term to use in his mind. Otherwise it would probably become a huge long-winded story. "We were both...captured by the Sith as well together. I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for her." Yet another reason for him to feel guilty for not trusting her to stay strong. "Just trying to get stronger now. That's all we can do, right?"

Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau

Mathilde was trying to make herself as inconspicuous as a Ukatian noblewoman could - but there was only so much she could achieve, really. Impeccable posture could not hide the fact that she was using a handkerchief to wipe away some tears brought about by the sheer importance of this moment! Her childhood friend, so radiant and true, ascending to a position she would have been prevented from attaining back on Ukati - how could she be anything but proud of her, for defying the odds time and time again? Ah, but she was looking a little more presentable now, and so she risked a glance towards-

Oh. Oh.

How had she not seen it? Was she truly this blind? Entangled threads, roots embracing one another... then why had this one been absent from the dreams, the-

The brunette's cheeks flushed, and she averted her gaze. It was not her place to intrude, to shatter the beauty of a moment shared between the pair- this was Cora's knighting ceremony, and she deserved joy in all of its forms. There would be plenty of time for her to have words with this dreamer later, to ensure that he was deserving of the light within her friend. Mathilde could only watch her friend suffer through her last "relationship", the very notion evoking a sense of nausea within her - but this time, well... there would be no observing.

Those dark thoughts, if borne of fondness for an old friend who had suffered far more than she ever deserved, were suddenly interrupted when she found herself approached by a dreamer. Figures, of course, that she would find herself unable to evade their attention forever. After all, she was in their home, was she not? It would be rude of her to expect otherwise, or to excuse herself from the conversation! No matter how anxious she may be at the mere thought of it.

"And a fair good morrow to you as well", answered the gentle dreamweaver politely, a polite smile pulling at her lips - just as it was expected of her. Realizing that the poor young man before her was quite blinded indeed as he soon pointed out, the brunette suddenly found herself intrigued by that fact. If he could not see her expression, then... perhaps she could afford not to tire herself with smiles, bows and nods of deference. After all, he had no need for them.

"I cannot say that I do. This is... my very first time on Coruscant. My very first time being around so many dreamers." There was a pause, then, as she realized how that made her sound - exactly the picture of the sheltered little noble girl most dreamers seemed to have of Ukatians. "I am Lady Mathilde Leyweald, heir to the Dukedom of Artois. Corazona is... a dear friend, and so I chose to be here for her today. Much as I find Coruscant to be a - difficult world, for one to visit."

Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Mathilde Leyweald Mathilde Leyweald

Jalen_Blade_Divider.png

"Oh, I'm Jalen Kai'el. No... title or anything," he shrugged.

Jeez that was a title. He forgot how into the weeds noble folks could get with that stuff. It seemed kind of silly, but it really wasn't his place to judge. After all, Jalen had grown up on a backwater planet in the middle of nowhere Outer Rim side. It just wasn't his expertise.

"Cora appreciates you being here," he noted. "She seemed pretty excited when she saw you."

A strange statement from a blind person, but Jalen wasn't thinking about that. He had the force.

"But yeah, Coruscant is kinda overwhelming," the young man agreed. "So many people in one place... it's easy to get lost in all of it. Information overload. I can only stomach so much time out in the city..."

Jalen sighed, tucking his hands in his pockets. Did he ask? Mathilde most certainly seemed sheltered, so her knowledge of the force was no doubt minimal. It probably would be hard to ask what was different about her without confusing or offening her. Maybe some other time then. His curiosity could be stowed for a while.

"There's worse out there though," he shrugged. "I spend my days in field hospitals. After that big cities don't seem so bad."

He didn't really think of how morbid that probably was. Jalen thought so much and so little at the same time.

JiGZUcY.png

Ariana smiled softly as she extended her own hand and nodded understandingly to Shan’s request. While habits were one thing, for Ariana she worried that her father’s Force ghost would haunt if she ever forgot her manners. But an important rule of manners is to not make other people feel uncomfortable. Which was also why Ariana chose to bow more times than not, she was formally right hand dominant, so handshakes now were a bit awkward as well.

“You can call me Ariana,” It was far easier to communicate without formalities, “-I have yet to see a Master’s Ceremony, perhaps with so many powerful Knights around I won’t need to wait long.” Ariana had heard of Master Amani, but it was quite difficult to find time to meet the Masters. Always going off on Missions and the sort, but I guess that’s why they’re Masters.

“Oh? I’m happy to see the two of you survived,” Ariana hadn’t faced many Sith, outside of the crazed ones from the Maw, but according to some; those of the Sith Empire and Order were a different breed. It was always a point of celebrating when surviving such dangerous circumstances, Even if you lose a part of yourself in the end.

Ariana offered an encouraging smile and a single thumbs up, “-Strength comes in many forms, and as long as you keep trying you’ll eventually surprise yourself with how far you’ve come.” She looked over back to everyone celebrating and the Masters looking happy. All those bruises, scratches, old wounds accumulated to Corazona’s moment in becoming a Knight.

“And hey, one day it’ll be you ascending to Knighthood and I’ll be here celebrating.” Ariana added as a small smirk tugged on the corners of her lips, “-And maybe by then you’ll feel different about the big showy stuff!”
Vy2NTqS.png

As Mathilde Leyweald Mathilde Leyweald pulled back to dab at her eyes, Cora's gaze fell on one of the encircling Masters opposite to her – Amani Serys Amani Serys . The Mirialian had been a steady, enduring fixture of the Alliance as much as Valery Noble Valery Noble and Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble were for her, and Cora would always look upon her with reverence for how the healer handled a rather delicate situation she'd been in on Ukatis. Amani's smile and nod of approval filled her with warmth, and the newly knighted Jedi returned the gesture with a dip of her head.

A face Cora hadn't seen in quite some time appeared from the shadows, and for a moment she was startled.

Is that…is that Maeve?!

The Shadow had been away on an extended mission during the marriage fiasco, and the last time they'd seen each other was on the eve of the Princess-to-be's departure. As Maeve Linahan Maeve Linahan spoke, shock slowly melted into appreciation. The elder blonde talked plainly, but was never one to offer sentiment she didn't mean. The weight of each word hit Cora heavily, and her expression might've wavered into tears if she hadn't felt the need to firm her face. "Thank you, Maeve. It has been a while, and I'm happy to still be here. Happy to see you here, as well." Her lips trembled slightly for the sight of the other's awkward smile. "I haven't forgotten how you helped to guide me when I was younger. I never will."

As friends and mentors approached the young Knight, Cora was afforded a few moments in between conversations to glance among the small crowd that had gathered. Ryana mina Ryana mina , the Twi'lek Jedi she'd met on Ukatis and considered a friend, had arrived with Pip…and grapes. She was always glad to see the pair, and appreciative of the fact that they'd found such a deep bond with one another.

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto was an unmistakable figure among the crowd as the Order's only notable Bothan Kel'dor, someone Cora had finally gotten to know a little better as the pair put their gardening knowledge to use shortly after her return from Thule. Through him, she'd learned more about life on Dorin, and their native Force tradition of Baran Do. Cora waved to him, extending the gesture to Andromeda Demir Andromeda Demir who was nearby – she'd only met the young woman once in the library, but was struck by her story and earnest nature.

She spotted another familiar face in Shan Pavond Shan Pavond as the healer hung back and conversed with a snowy haired young woman in a lovely outfit who appeared to be missing an arm. She couldn't quite place a name to the Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau , but understood that Shan was a bit on the shy side and perhaps preferred to stay on the periphery for now. If Cora managed to catch his eye, he would find her smiling at him. The two had become good friends after her return from Ukatis, but she couldn't help but feel that Thule had made things a bit awkward between them.

She made a mental note to invite him to tea, but a familiar whir of binary at her feet pulled Cora from her thoughts.

"Bee!" She exclaimed, leaning down to rest an affectionate hand on the droid's head. BB-610 BB-610 had been apart of her Jedi training since she'd joined the Order, and had displayed an incredible amount of patience with her in some less-than-stellar circumstances. "Thank you for coming – I'm very pleased that you could make it. You've been such a big part of my training, and I hope that won't end now that I've been knighted." She smiled wide at the astromech, patting his chassis.

A hand squeezed her shoulder, and Cora looked up to see Colette Colette . Her brows scrunched together at what followed her congratulations, before realizing that it was a joke…right?

"Oh," She laughed softly. "I suppose I'm lucky they didn't!"

As Padawans under Valery, the pair were about as different as two could be, and still managed to not only get along, but form something of a sisterly bond. Cora would never forget how tightly Colette had hugged her before she'd left for Ukatis, nor the way she often forced the blonde to bluntly confront some of her own long-held beliefs.

"Lady von Ascania."

Cora stiffened just a tic as a new voice addressed her. One she'd heard in the council chambers, but never in conversation, now had her rapt attention.

"Thank you, Master San Tekka." She inclined her head as the monk's words swirled in her head. The heights of greatness. Was that something to aspire to, or a warning?

As she raised her head, blue eyes idly passed over Rik Perris Rik Perris . Although she hadn't met the bearded knight personally, she'd heard of him, and had been only steps from him in front of Gatz's door as they both found themselves there on coincidence to welcome the Order's newest Padawan. A quick glance wasn't enough for her to see that Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar really was here, speaking with Avin Starfire Avin Starfire . She was able to spot Mathilde speaking with Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el , pleased that her fellow Ukatian had been approached by one of the gentler Jedi for a conversation.

"Wh-!"

Cora practically squeaked in surprise as she was swept up into Makko's arms, lifted slightly, and kissed. Such an act might've not garnered anything more than a cursory look on most modern worlds, but by Ukatis standards it bordered on scandalous.

"Makko!" She hissed, both hands latching reflexively onto either of his biceps. In record time, her face had flushed to the same shade of the tomatoes she and Ko had grown in their garden.

Still, she couldn't keep from smiling. Makko Vyres Makko Vyres had been one of the first people she'd met among the Order, and they'd detested each other initially. Now, they got along just a little bit better.

Ignoring her own cultural customs for a moment, Cora pressed her forehead to his own and caressed either of his cheeks. "I could never have done it without you," she murmured. When they pulled back slightly, Cora awkwardly cleared her throat as Makko went to straighten her robes.

"You'd better not have wrinkled them."

Last edited:

Coruscant Temple
div-purple.png
Tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Vera was looking around frantically.

Of course, she had been there for Cora's knighting. She was like a big sister to her, and there was no way she'd ever miss an important moment like this when it came to family. But... once the ceremony had concluded, people were very quick to gather around her, so she hadn't even gotten a chance to say anything yet!

Vera was really hoping that Cora wouldn't leave before she got a chance to say something.

"Cora!" She called out over others, uncaring if interrupted their conversations for a brief moment. She wanted to congratulate her big sister, and nobody was going to stop her. Though, after forcing her way through the crowd, she spotted Cora with Makko and stopped rather abruptly. This time, she wasn't focused on Makko at all, but more on the fact that they were together — she didn't want to ruin their moment.

So, she'd have to wait patiently.

...wait.

Am I taller than Cora now?

Vera giggled a little to herself.

Shan gave Ariana a short nod as she spoke. "It was an amazing ceremony to be at. I suppose. It's the only one I've been at so." He shrugged his shoulders at that, breaking out into a small little grin. "I'm sure it won't be long until there's another one though." If Shan had been more arrogant, he might have joked that he'd skip straight from Padawan to Master but that would be far from the actual truth. He just shook his head, glancing off into the distance to give Cora an awkward smile in response to her own smile. She was busy right now anyway, but he couldn't help sending a small little wave in her direction before looking back over towards Ariana.

"I doubt I'll become a Knight anytime soon. Feel like I'm disappointing people all the time." The Mirialan shrugged his shoulders at that, shoving his hands into the pockets of his robes. "It's kind of hard...to impress people when you're a pacifist. At least that's how I see it." Either way, Shan felt like he was being a bit too moody over that topic, and he shook his head, glancing around to see who else had shown up for Cora's ceremony. Oh. Colette was here...He should probably say hi to her before the ceremony ended...but it would be rude to leave Ariana right now. Eh, he can talk to Colette later. There was also some tall pada-...Oh. That was Vera. Shan blinked to himself at that realisation and just awkwardly turned his attention back to Ariana.

"I won't feel different about the whole ceremony stuff though. It just seems strange to me. I'm not anyone special so I don't see the point in the celebration." Shan always thought it was better to look after people and work to help the less fortunate, than to help celebrate those who are fortunate...Though now that he thought about it, he was being a hypocrite by celebrating Cora's big event...Oh well. He shrugged his shoulders, keeping a small smile on his face.

Direct interaction Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau .
Mentioned Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Vera Noble Vera Noble Colette Colette

Ignoring her own cultural customs for a moment, Cora pressed her forehead to his own and caressed either of his cheeks. "I could never have done it without you," she murmured. When they pulled back slightly, Cora awkwardly cleared her throat as Makko went to straighten her robes.

"You'd better not have wrinkled them."

As she pulled back he joined her in clearing his throat and looking just a little abashed. For Makko, it was quite a rare show of self awareness.

"Thank you," he said quietly.

He thought she would have made it without him, but it wasn't a point he was going to argue. Makko had seen her finding her own strength, her own resolve after the years under the crushing weight of her family.

"Photo perfect," Makko said of her robes and then stepped back and to the side. It was hard not to make the gesture of moving out of the way really obvious, but there were lots of people who would want to congratulate Cora and that she might want to thank it turn.

He stayed just a few paces behind her, casting a glance in Valery Noble Valery Noble direction. He would always be grateful that she had believed in Cora.

And then he continued to grin like a fool, because this was a celebration and would be one of his fondest memories of the Jedi Order.

JiGZUcY.png

“Pacifism is a noble principle,” Ariana said, “-and obviously the path you’re walking is a tough one that you know.” Immensely difficult, but in this galaxy, even the impossible becomes probable.

It was strange to find a Padawan like Shan with such a unique viewpoint, Ariana had met people with quite the antisocial behavior. But he’s different from that type of feeling. The young Du Couteau heir could sense when someone was carrying something heavy, holding onto it for so long they couldn’t dare release, even if their life depended on them letting go of it all. Ariana glanced to where Shan was looking and found Knight Corazona smiling to one another, Ariana’s own smile danced across her lips and turned to face Shan again.

“My father told me how, even if at first glance it doesn’t seem so, each thread that makes up our clothes is unique,” Ariana explained, slowly lifting one side of her cape with her left hand, “-And when a single thread is missing it’s noticeable. Why? Because it feels and looks incomplete.”

Ariana moved so she was standing next to Shan as she gestured with her arm towards Knight Corazona, “-Our relationship with the Force is unique. And us becoming Knights is simply us growing our relationship to new heights” Ariana asked before lowering her arm back down.

“Plus the Ceremony is only special because of those here, so if you’re happy for Knight Corazona, you should tell her. She’d feel the same if the roles were reversed and wouldn’t you want someone to tell you how happy they were for you?” Ariana encouraged. Sort of how my brother would encourage me back on Teta whenever we'd attend those Galas with our parents when we were little.

“And if you need me to give you a hand, well you’re in luck, all I got is one.” She added with a wink.

Vy2NTqS.png

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond / Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau

Colette smiled at Cora one last time before the latter half had to move on to thank the others in the room. A room that now that Colette seemed to look around was full of people. Bee was here, Ko was here, Shan was even here and he was talking—

He was talking to—

What was—

A strange and awful feeling began to sink deep into Colette's heart. Shan was talking to someone else, another woman who seemed to be around their age. She was beautiful too, and… It was hard to describe the sensation but the closest she could imagine was like ice chilling her blood in an instant.

She approached the two with a clearly feigned smile. Part of her wanted to wrap her arm around Shan just to make sure that this… Other one would get the hint, but that felt… It felt very unnecessary.

No wait, was that a wink? Did- did she just wink at Shan? Okay, screw the plan. Colette swept in with force and put an arm around Shan's waist.

"Hi." Colette said as she introduced herself with a respectful bow. "Friend of Cora's?"

"She has so many of those, and you are?"

We will either find a way, or make one.
I learned from my mother and father, but I am not them!
jedi_master_male___concept_design_by_ron_faure_dao0fwq-414w-2x.jpg

[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]
SECTOR: Coruscant
MISSION: Running late
TAGS: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

He was late.

Really late.

There was a viable excuse though, Connel was in the medical wing, healing up from injuries suffered in a recent skirmish. In earnest, he was "heavily suggested" not to be up and around, but this was important too. This was one of the many things he wanted to witness, to be a part of, having heard the stories from Father, but Connel was not medically cleared to be there. However this was a shift where droids, and Padawans were manning the medcenter. So technically Connel "outranked" them, you might say, so he took one time to take advantage of that. He would return just as quickly, but for the next few minutes, he was out of there.

Limping into the chamber, not trying to drawe attention, Connel looked for her until he found the newest Knight to the Order. There she was, as regal looking as to be expected and justifiably the center of attention. Waiting his turn, Connel slowly, laboredly slinked up to her and bowed. A good heart, with its unwavering grace, remains the most exquisite adornment one can possess. I knew from the moment I saw how voraciously you protected those refugees in that pub on Lolopa you would ascend to do great things in the Order. This is just the beginning for you. Congratulations."

Connel wasn't planning on staying (he promised he would return), but he wasn't going to miss this.

"Eh. You say noble, most people say stupid." Shan broke out into a small chuckle at that, shaking his head afterwards. Even if it was stupid, it was still going to be something Shan tried to stick to. He liked to think he was smart, even if his actions sometimes told the opposite. Though he raised an eyebrow as Ariana started to talk about threads and the Mirialan broke out into his own little smirk.

"I think of...things somewhat similar. Except that it's small threads that connect everything together, in the vast ocean that is the Force. Every choice and action we make, causing small ripples that potentially can rip those threads apart." He sighed at that however, shoving his hands down by his side as Shan just watched Cora for a moment, listening to Ariana's words and her offer of help. Though before Shan could reply to that, he felt an arm around his waist which caught him off guard as the Mirialan let out a small yelp.

"Oh. Colette. Hey." Shan smiled over towards Colette, resting his head against her shoulder carefully. She didn't normally seem like much of a physical person...so something must be wrong if she had just put her arm around Shan like that. Little did he know the actual problem of what was wrong as he turned his attention back towards Ariana. "Colette, this is Ariana. She's a padawan like us. Ariana, this is Colette. She's...my...erh..." He frowned to himself for a moment, glancing over towards Colette. "...Are you my girlfriend? Or...well...I don't know if it's official or..." Shan gave an awkward chuckle at that, before looking back at Ariana. "I suppose...Colette is a dear friend of mine."

Colette Colette Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau

JiGZUcY.png

Ariana smiled, she hoped Shan found encouragement for his difficult goal of pacifism. His words certainly told Ariana that he had faced quite a number of challenges. Though to hear him speak did give Ariana hope for Shan to understand just how unique and special they were to cause those ripples that twist and pull on those threads.

When another Jedi approached them, Ariana smiled and bowed as she listened to Shan give a quick introduction. Though when he began to struggle on how to characterize his relationship with Padawan Colette, Ariana’s smile twitched. Oh, he needs more than just a hand for help. Ariana remembered her parents discussing relationships, and it felt like Shan stepped on a landmine.

Either I step back to avoid shrapnel, or attempt to defuse it and suffer even worse if I fail.

“Padawan Colette, a pleasure to meet your acquaintance.” Ariana began, “-And I’m not a friend of Knight Corazona, I’m here to just offer moral support and encouragement if needed.”

With careful steps to turn her body to face the two of them and discreetly taking a single step back while doing so, Ariana pressed her hand against her heart. “It’s quite lovely to see such closeness you two have for one another.”

“The two of you should visit the Royal Gardens of Teta, they’re quite the sight and if you wish I can have them reserved privately for an entire day.” Ariana offered, it was a strange thing she could do, close off an entire section of the Royal Palace. But Damian did mention something about our family house having considerable political leverage that can threaten the Crown or whatever.

Regardless, Ariana didn’t want to take up too much time or attention away from the reason as to why they were all here in the first place.

Makko Vyres Makko Vyres Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor Vera Noble Vera Noble

"Of course." She murmured to Makko. Public displays of affection were not her forte, but Cora reached for his hand to squeeze, letting them part just before he stepped away.

Their relationship had been rocky, and some of that had been her fault. Still, they seemed to be emerging on the other side of things. Those angry children who once fought over a cafeteria pudding seemed so far away.

As a familiar face hobbled over, Cora's expression reflected a mix of surprise and concern. That look dulled when she blushed at Connel's kind words.

"Thank you, Connel. For both your words, and your help on Lohopa - you talked down the rioters like a true Jedi. I'm glad to see you again, but…shouldn't you be resting?"

She wouldn't be surprised if one of the healing matrons was in the crowd now, looking to drag Vanagor back to bed by his ear.

Oh, she'd recognize that voice anywhere. Vera Noble had been like a little sister to her, filling some of the homesick gap for the young Ukatian when she'd missed her many siblings. She smiled as Vera approached.

"Goodness, did you grow in the past week? I could've sworn you were shorter than me!"

Cora laughed. "You're going to be taller than your mother by the end of the month, I swear."

We will either find a way, or make one.
I learned from my mother and father, but I am not them!
jedi_master_male___concept_design_by_ron_faure_dao0fwq-414w-2x.jpg

[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]
SECTOR: Jedi Temple Gathering Hall
MISSION: Knighting ceremony
TAGS: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

She wanted him to go back to the medcenter. Probably all of them did. It was fine, they didn't want him here, he should have expected it, not that they didn't want him at all, but he did have to recover. So he nodded, waved off anyone approaching him and smiled sheepishly before slowly heading out. He did make a promise to return so it was all to be expected that he could not stay.

Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau // Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Yeah, that's right. Step back. Colette's thoughts raced with a domineering stare as Shan stumbled to define their relationship. Such a trivial thing, they were naturally—

Uh…

Well, he was certainly special to her. Yep yep, dear friend seemed accurate enough. Girlfriend was so incredibly nondescript. A girl and a friend? Did that mean they were a thing? Well, okay, in this case it was exactly that, but that was ENTIRELY beside the point. It was stupid whereas 'dear friend' was a lot more descriptive.

"Yep!" Colette smiled. "We're basically really close. On account of the hug and all that."

Seriously though, what was this feeling? Colette would never in her life be one to feel jealousy and envy, that just wouldn't register for her because she'd know if she ever was jealous or envious of someone. Which, it also went with saying, jealousy and envy would mean that Colette claimed ownership or something of Shan, and that would just be wrong.

No, Ariana was just sort of annoying like that. Probably. Most likely something with her stupid, beautiful face and figure that had that effect on people despite the missing arm throwing a small hint of flavor in there for the discerning observer. It was clearly also the way her skin just seemed a little too perfect and how her hair just a little too neat, in a sense just like Cora. But Cora was Colette's friend, and she had Makko, so it was okay. Ariana did not have a Makko that she could see so that made it unokay.

Wait, she could reserve the royal gardens on Teta?

"Hold on," Colette said and raised a brow. "Are you saying you know the royal family on Teta?"

Makko, being open to the emotions swirling around in the Force, did not miss the interaction between Colette and Shan and Ariana.

Whilst he would go on to have a very interesting conversation with Mathilde, he resolved to have a conversation with Colette during the shuttle flight to their next mission.

He was starting to think he needed to write a handbook for the padawans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom