Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private [NJO Council] Reflection — Lily Decoria

Yoda-stands-in-an-empty-Jedi-Council-room-looking-out-the-window..jpg

Council Chambers
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka Amani Serys Amani Serys | Lily Decoria Lily Decoria Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren

"Please come forward, Knight Sal-Soren and Padawan Decoria."

Valery had watched them enter the Council Chambers after the turbo-lift back up and now looked around at the other Council Members. They had gathered today for another meeting, but not to discuss the usual topics. Recently, Lily Decoria Lily Decoria had found herself captured by the Mandalorians, and it was this fact that sparked conflict to escalate far more quickly. The Jedi had demanded her return, and the Mandalorians had been so bold as to request that she be exchanged for Valery herself.

She could still see that Mandalorian waiting on her with cuffs.

"To start this meeting, I'd like to open the room to questions from my fellow Council Members. Please take your time to answer them thoroughly, and ask any questions that you might have as well," she instructed Lily, while her Master Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren would be overlooking it as the one Jedi most responsible for Lily's training. If she wanted to add to the meeting itself or defend her Padawan, she would be permitted to do so as well.

But for now, the floor was open to questions.

Amani was standing in front of one of the council chamber windows, overlooking the Coruscanti skyline behind the hologram of her husband, which was itself projecting from a small device in her palm. She spoke quietly of family matters, until a soft ping declared the turbo lift's arrival, "Got to go." She muttered, tucking the communicator away as she slinked back into her seat.

Valery immediately opened the forum up for questioning, and after a short pause, Amani took the initiative to address them first, "Welcome, Knight Sal-Soren and Padawan Decoria," She brushed a hand across the thick plait of hair draped over her shoulder, "Why don't we just start with the bantha in the room…

What brought you to Kestri that day? The Council never authorized a mission in old Enclave space,"
Amani's gaze fell on Lily. Not quite stern or judgmental, but perhaps a bit strained. The Council need not fret the details of every little Jedi excursion outside the temple walls, but there was procedure in place for regions like that; Regions where tensions were high, and intervention required careful precision. Lest they be stuck in a predicament like the one they were in now.

"Why is a very good question indeed," Jasper agreed with the Chief Healer.

It was simple enough. An unsanctioned mission into Mandalorian space during a time of increasing hostilities, just one padawan alone in their starfighter. It was a recipe for disaster.

"An unsanctioned 'scouting' mission into their territory alone is certainly well beyond recklessness, especially for a lone padawan learner," he observed, scratching the scruff on his chin. "What was worth the risk?"

Almost immediately his attention shifted to Briana. She was his elder in age and knighthood, and not to mention a student of Valery herself. Jasper couldn't help but wonder if she was aware of this 'mission' at all. A padawan should be given the autonomy to learn and develop, but not run wild in hostile territory. If anything, some degree of fault fell on her as well, though to what extent he was not yet sure of.

"And how much of this were you cognitive of, Knight Sal-Soren," the knight added. "I think clearing up where this dangerous objective originated from will give us an idea of how to proceed."

f238cead5b5a746a10e13ff238afcac5.gif

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble , Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , Amani Serys Amani Serys , Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka , Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el , Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla
Briana-Side_Pic.png

Briana stood tall as she walked forward with Lily, laying a fleeting, reassuring squeeze on her padawan's shoulder, acutely aware of the anxiety pulsing through her. She knew how nervous Lily was with all of this, and even though she'd been expecting both hers and Lily's actions to be called upon, there was still a small part of her that was nervous, too.

There was really no telling what to expect.

Although each council member was known to her by reputation alone, Briana had no personal connections to the majority save for Valery and her husband— for obvious reasons, but she knew better than to expect any sort of preferential treatment because of that connection.

Coming to stand in the sanctity of the one chamber within the Temple she'd —surprisingly— never graced before, Briana offered a courteous bow to those who helmed the Jedi Order, her voice forgotten for the time being. It wasn't needed, not yet.

As the proceedings moved forward, it was the council member Amani Serys Amani Serys who was the first to address them, seemingly ready to get right down to the brass tacks of it all with most of her focus directed on Lily.

Council member Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el spoke up next, his direct query causing her spine to subtly straighten as she met his gaze, the corners of Briana's mouth tightened into a resolute line, hands elegantly coming to rest one atop the other. While she would give Lily the opportunity to speak for herself and relay to the council what she'd confided in her, Briana felt compelled to address this particular point. "I was unaware of Lily's situation at the time, and neither would I have given any authorization for a Padawan to undertake such a venture. Like many other Jedi Knights, I was dispatched in the expanse of former Maw space, hunting down remnants of leftover Sith spawn experiments from the recent war; first with my Jedi associate, Vizion Trozky Vizion Trozky , and later with the reliable Alliance Corporal, Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek . My after-action reports were very detailed and transparent, readily available for review by any Council member here." With a measured breath, she added, "It wasn't until my return to Coruscant that I learned what'd happened. None the less... I know and can admit that it ultimately remains my responsibility to watch over my Padawan and guide her."

Briana_Div_2.png

Briana had confirmed that she was unaware of the mission being undertaken by her apprentice, and Lily had yet to speak up in her defense. Kass was content to listen for now, awaiting the Padawan’s answer.

She was already leaning toward imposing consequences—an inclination for which she was rapidly earning a reputation. The friendly alien from a planet where conflict was nearly nonexistent was also the most gung-ho about punishing Jedi who screwed the gundark? It’s more likely than you think. Her tolerance for nonsense and shenanigans was much lower than that of the average human.

But, it still remained to be seen what the explanation for Lily’s actions would be. Her motives would be the most decisive factor.

lily-div.png

Outfit: Jedi Attire
Equipment: Training saber
Tags: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Amani Serys Amani Serys | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka

Lily had been a wreck all day. Her nerves were shot with her anxiety thinking of every terrible, horrible outcome that could occur and that would happen. Lily was determined to face her fate with Briana by her side for support but this was something that she had unfortunately been a part of and caused, she totally believed that Briana played no part in this and held no fault in the matter. The council had sent her Master on assignment and she used that time to do riskier training that did not pan out and ended up expediting a conflict with the Mandalorians.

When they entered the chambers, Lily couldn't take the time to marvel at the room or even look the individual council members in the eyes, she was too nervous. Too afraid of what the outcome would be and that it would be something so severe it would end up harming Briana as well. The last thing she ever wanted to do.

First she remained silent to ensure each council member got a chance to ask their questions and understand what it was she needed to be answering. Master Amani started then Master Jasper. Everyone else seemed to be quiet for now.

Breathing in deeply, Lily attempted to calm her nerves and ensure that she didn't freak out during the meeting, "I..." Her voice cracked a little and Lily raised her hand to cough and ready herself more, then stepping forward.

"It wasn't a scouting mission and I wasn't given any directions to investigate or be around Kestri. The Mandalorians perceived it that way, during their detainment of me, which had been severe and harsh, I refused to speak a word as I feared they would twist what I said to frame me as more villainous than I was." Lily was explaining why there was a misunderstanding and why she had not spoken with the Mandalorians to clarify, they had not demonstrated themselves as people she could trust to ensure that her story was heard and understood.

Lily kept her hands behind her back, "my Master was away on assignments provided by the council, and I had decided to do some personal training with piloting a ship. I had wanted to impress her with the skills that I developed in her absence. I sought to use more dangerous and uncommon hyperspace trading lanes as a way to test my skills and ensure that I was capable of flying a ship on my own in combat situations with the Sith, since there is a growing presence there.

Unfortunately my practice did not go well and my ship developed a hyperdrive issue, so I had to stop before it exploded and sought out a safe spot to send a message for support and assistance, it was coincidence that I was closest to Kestri. I knew it was not a good spot for me to be in but I did not have a way to communicate the issue from my ship with the transponder being damaged in an earlier flying incident.
" Lily was showing her careless a little in not sorting issues in her ship but she was explaining this had not been planned nor had she the foresight to do anything but her actions from her perspective at the time.

"I noticed an abandoned outpost and thought that I would draw the least attention and be able to explain my situation before the Mandalorians got aggressive or suspicious. With hindsight, I can see it would have been better to be open and transparent but I did not see that at the time and took the chance to use the base as a way to contact the Order on my situation as well as notifying my presence to the Mandalorians." Lily continued, "when I got to the outpost and opened their channels to message them, I noticed older logs that were discussing future crusades and wanting to begin warring once again. It seemed to be a select sect of the Enclave but I saw those logs and then realised the whole Enclave might be unhappy and unwilling to let me leave with that accidental intel that I had gained."

Lily paused to calm her nerves as she recollected the events on the outpost. "That was why I tried to run instead of talking with them since I only spotted the logs just as the Mandalorians arrived on the base and I knew it would look very bad. When they caught up to me, I tried to talk and did not seek to fight, just asking to be able to leave and that I could explain the situation. However, I was attacked by one of them with several whistling birds as I believe they call them and that was when I knew they were not all seeking peaceful resolutions to the situation. The Mandalorian that attacked me was the same one that attacked Master Briana on Rodia as well."

"I am fully to blame, the situation was my fault in carelessness and I appreciate that there were better courses of action in handling the situation. I should have been more cautious but I am the only one at fault here. Master Briana has been a very patient and attentive Master and she has helped me progress massively in my training in ways no other Master would." Lily defended her Master passionately as she refused to let the council think that Briana had been anything but fantastic.

Last edited:
"It was reckless of you to pilot a starship without supervision."

Master San Tekka opened his eyes. He'd been deep in meditation seeking guidance from the Force. These revelations appeared to disturb him from spiritual matters. There was much fear in Briana's young padawan. Still learning to master her emotions as all Jedi must.

"Your hyperdrive malfunction," Zark stroked his beard in thought, "Now that was the Force's will."

He considered Master Kahlil's wisdom before rendering his own judgment.

"Diplomacy is a Jedi's first resort. Negotiations for your release have exposed mandalorian resentment for the Jedi Order on a troubling scale. Conflict between us once cost this galaxy millions of lives."

Memories still haunted Zark of a time before the Sith burned Mandalore. Most of the Council were too young or frozen to remember the last civil war. Brutal raids on innocent worlds. Despite their best efforts the Jedi Master could feel peace slipping through his gauntlets.

"There is no doubt value in diplomacy," Jasper agreed, "But I think this encounter was always destined to break down into hostility. War was inevitable. There's no saying how receptive the Enclave would have been to such an action."

He sighed, almost relieved. It was an honest accident, and that was far easier to comprehend than some reckless student out to prove themselves against the most dangerous tribe of warriors in the galaxy. Jasper hated to be the person who came to harsh decisions. He was supposed to build people back up, hence his work in relief after the Second Great Hyperspace War. But, accident or not, there should still be some time for reflection. Punishment didn't need to be needlessly cruel either.

"I propose a month-long suspension," he finally decided. "This situation was accidental, and certainly not the cause of war in the slightest, but accidents still have unintended consequences. I believe some time for self reflection would do Padawan Decoria some good, time away from the upcoming conflict."

The knight's words were professional, but there was a warmness to them. Even as he suggested a course of punishment for what he now knew was an accident, he still had sympathy. He could only wonder what he would do if it was one of his students standing before the council. He hoped that he was at least acting in a just manner, not too lax, but not overly harsh. It was honestly for the best that they moved on from this matter. The war would be their priority very soon.

"Are there any objections to this?"

Jasper very much anticipated objection. He had been called out for his youth and inexperience in their last gathering. It felt inevitable. He could at least open the floor to civil discussion about it.

f238cead5b5a746a10e13ff238afcac5.gif

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo
Equipment: Lightsaber
Lily Decoria Lily Decoria , Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el , Valery Noble Valery Noble , Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , Amani Serys Amani Serys , Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka , Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla
Briana-Side_Pic.png

"Yes. I do have one, actually." Briana interjected, realizing that Jasper wasn't really asking for her opinion on the matter, per se, but neither could she stand idle by without voicing her disagreement concerning the decision that was about to be made in regard to her Padawan. Especially after they now had a full understanding of what'd really happened.

"With all due respect, hasn't her time in captivity served as penance enough? During Lily's ordeal, she's faced fear, pain, and suffering—experiences that already forced her into deep reflection and self-assessment. How does punishing her further serve any purpose in promoting further growth or understanding?"

Briana paused for a moment, her gaze flickering between the various faces of the council members before continuing, "Additionally, won't we need every Jedi that we have to be ready for the conflict ahead? A month-long suspension would only put Lily further behind and make it more difficult for her to be where she needs to be."

Briana_Div_2.png

Last edited:
Kass remained quiet as Lily gave her side of the story, her eyes following around the room as each speaker gave their thoughts. Sal-Soren objected to the punishment of her apprentice, which was not surprising. But at least in her case the motive seemed to be genuine care and compassion rather than annoyance at the thought of Padawan Decoria's training being dragged out further.

"How long was Padawan Decoria a captive of the Mandalorians?" Kass asked, wanting more information. But she did have something to say as well. "I am not satisfied with a one month suspension. Not because I think it is too harsh, but because I do not find it fitting in this situation that she be effectively grounded for a month. I doubt that would accomplish anything."

She turned her full attention upon Briana. "I want to ensure that Padawan Decoria learns the real reason why this happened to her. It was not because the Mandalorians are violent and warlike, or because she didn't try to be diplomatic, or because traveling via uncharted hyperspace lanes is dangerous and shouldn't be attempted. She may think that if she had only been more cautious, everything would have been fine, but her reckless actions were rooted in her pride.

"Padawan Lily Decoria must learn humility. If she can be taught that, no 'punishment' is necessary.
" It certainly wouldn't be a straightforward task, imparting Lily with a virtue she lacked. But that was part of the fun of training to be a Jedi, wasn't it? Growing as a person as well as in knowledge and skill. Kass allowed each of her mouths to express a hint of a smile. "It is rare that a master has the opportunity to so plainly see where their apprentice's failing lies, and thus know exactly what must be done to help them succeed. If you are up to the challenge, Knight Sal-Soren, let that be the ruling."

lily-div.png

Outfit: Jedi Attire
Equipment: Training saber
Tags: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla | Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka | Amani Serys Amani Serys

Lily listened to the council as they spoke from what she had informed them. She accepted it was reckless of her to fly without supervision, even though she had done this in order to demonstrate to her Master that she was eager to learn and do more, that she could impress Briana with how far she progressed while her Master was away. It was juvenile and a display of attention seeking, needing that satisfaction that came from being praised. Something she rarely received from home before so it only strove her to do more now to get it.

Master Jasper mentioned that she should be suspended for a month, Lily was not sure what that entailed exactly, was a suspension meaning she couldn't train, or work as a Jedi? It felt odd to remove her ability to train, to improve and learn from all this. Especially since she couldn't see how others might see it as a devastating punishment, for her, no training and not being able to work with Master Briana, that was a terrible loss and she would struggle very hard during that time since her life, her daily routine was built around training, growing and improving.

Then her Master stepped up and spoke out.

Lily looked to her Master with deep respect and admiration in that she was voicing her opinion so openly. Lily would have taken the month suspension without argument or fighting back. But Briana was there, fighting that Lily had already been through weeks of imprisonment to conduct the necessary self-reflection and the judgement of her actions. It is how she already knew where she went wrong in her approach and how she would approach the matter differently.

Master Kass then spoke up, Lily remembered her from the Eshan ball, she had been there with her husband. Lily listened and tilted her head slightly as she thought about the notion it was pride that had been Lily's issue here. Lily never considered herself much of a prideful person, she knew it was her need for validation, praise and her determination to improve that were problematic in the turn of events. But Lily wasn't sure pride fell under those. But it could do. It would be hard to say truly from her perspective.

But Lily remained silent, keeping her gaze low and waiting for what would be the council's decision about her fate moving forward.

"I'm sorry, I believe there's been a misunderstanding," Jasper remarked, frowning a little.

Impede on Lily's training? That's not what he had said at all. He had only suggested that she be kept from the war front for a while, just to get her barings.

"I didn't intend my suggestion to be a pause on Padawan Decoria's training," he noted. "That would be foolish. I am in full support of the continuation of her education. I simply advise that we not immediately send her back out to the war front."

He would turn back to Briana, his gaze becoming more intense. Why was she so eager to send the student she just got back out to war? She had just spent weeks in captivity. Surely she needed time to process this. They couldn't let war with the Mandalorians define their lives, not like they had done in the Hyperspace War. Jasper knew what letting war consume you did to a padawan.

"We need Jedi for the war, but Lily has not been back for long," the knight added. "I cannot help but be concerned for her wellbeing. Being in captivity has given her no time to hone her skill with a lightsaber, and she has hardly had the time to discuss what occurred with other individuals. We cannot let this conflict consume us, even if we need the extra hands. I would not like it to be the assumption of our students that their only value is on the battlefield."

Jasper would turn back to Kass, crossing his arms. She hadn't considered the health of Decoria at all. The padawan simply needed to learn humility, she said. It hardly seemed relevant, given that Lily wasn't boasting about some kind of accomplishment. In fact, they seemed rather meek and reserved.

"I have no opposition to Knight Sal-Soren providing that manner of... training," he sighed, really not seeing the value in picking that viewpoint apart, "But I must implore that we wait on sending Padawan Decoria to the front lines. A month is not very long. It should be plenty of time to get her back on her feet."

There'd be no point in all of this if they just sent her off to die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom