Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction [NJO] A Day For Introductions

Coruscant Jedi Temple
MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43_1.jpg
Outfit: This.
Tags: Open <3

div-orange.png
"Damn, am I glad that's over..." Lishi sighed quietly as their footsteps, mixed with the ones of all the other young Jedi learners leaving the same class filled the corridor of the temple. The class was supposed to hone their connection to The Force, but to Lishi it didn't seem like it. It was just a bunch of 'make this object move' type of exercises which they had no issue with. It was frustrating. Lishi was always good at manipulating The Force, but what bothered them was that the courses back on Jedha and now, seemingly here on Coruscant never dove deep into what exactly The Force is.

"Maybe it's saved for later lessons..." Lishi sighed yet again, but this time moreso out of mild disappointment mixed with hope rather than the previous relief.
The corridors of the Temple sprawled in front of them, a massive labyrinth of cold, grey stone which still seemed rather daunting to the young padawan. It's been only a week since Lishi has transferred here from the small temple on Jedha where they have been learning since as long as they could remember and the layout of the massive interconnected rooms and hallways still seemed alien to them, but they always somehow managed to find a way to their destination, although usually a minute or five after the time they should appear. However, there was always one place they kept ending up in, at first by accident, later on purpose.

Lishi accelerated forward, gracefully weaving in between people to avoid shoulder checking anyone in the crowd of young Jedi also leaving the class. Their feet carried them across the hallways of the temple, somehow knowing where to turn to end up at their destination. "One turn left, two turns right, then down the stairs and forward down the passageway... and there they were. The temple garden, a place Lishi discovered on the way to their first class, only for it to become their favorite spot in the entire massive building.

The young mirialan smiled. The fresh air of the garden always had a pleasant effect on them. They breathed deeply, before stepping further onto the path going through the greenery, only to sit down on a small, wooden bench by the wayside. There, they began their favorite activity of the day: Peoplewatching. There were so many people coming in and out of the temple compared to the one Lishi came from, there was no shortage of targets to inconspicuously observe and make up stories about in their mind. And so that's what the padawan did, up until one of the targets of their ever so inconspicuous espionage started getting closer and closer, only to stop in front of the sitting Lishi. Their eyes grew wider, the closer the person drew, as so far they have managed to slip through their days in the temple seemingly unnoticed.
"Okay, deep breaths, try to hold a normal conversation!" Lishi instructed herself in her head as the person finally stopped before them.

"Oh, um, hello... Can I- Can I help you?"

Coruscant, Jedi Temp;e
Tags: Lishi Sowih Lishi Sowih

jalen_divider.png

"Oh, um, hello... Can I- Can I help you?"

"Huh?"

Jalen frowned, now noticing the aura of a person relatively in front of him. He had, unintentionally, moved towards them with his face directed at them it seemed. The young Jedi had of course not been looking at them. He was rather blind. The young man couldn't help but freeze up for a moment as he thought of a response that didn't sound stupid.

"Uh, sorry," he apologized awkwardly, gesturing to his face. "I wasn't paying attention... and also can't see. So..."

Nope, that was awful. He definately could have been a lot better at relaying that information. The healer sighed, tucking his hands into his pockets as he tried to think up a course to correct the conversation towards.

"You new?" Jalen asked. "I don't think I've... er, noticed you around before."

Great save.

Tags: Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el

div-orange.png
"Uh, sorry," he apologized awkwardly, gesturing to his face. "I wasn't paying attention..."

Lishi sighed quietly. "Oh, that's alright. They were just passing by! I'll just tell them it's no big-"

"And also can't see. So..."

Lishi stopped mid thought. Now they had no idea what to reply to that. They pursed their lips, trying to think of an appropriate response, be it an apology or a quick goodbye followed up by them getting up and leaving in shame. The awkward air between the two jedi was almost palpable as both were clearly struggling to come up with any kind of follow up to the initial exchange. Finally, the person before them sighed, tucking their hands into their pockets and opening their mouth.

"You new?" Jalen asked. "I don't think I've... er, noticed you around before." Finally, an easy conversation starter. Take that, anxiety! Lishi took a deep breath before putting on their usual cheerful tone of voice.

"Oh, yes, this is actually my first week here! I've been transferred here from a small temple on Jedha five days ago. Oh, my manners." The padawan extended their limp hand in an attempt at a handshake. "My name's Lishi! Lishi Sowih. And I'm sorry for um... For assuming you were walking towards me. I didn't know."

Last edited:

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Lishi Sowih Lishi Sowih

jalen_divider.png

"Don't sweat it," Jalen brushed off. "I don't mind. Name's Jalen. Uh, Kai'el. That's my last name."

Obviously it was, but Jalen was always cautious to give it. After all, there was a Kai'el that everybody knew. His brother, the Sentinel of Harmony and youngest member of the Jedi Council, Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el . He didn't always like that sort of attention. Jalen would shake their hand, frowning. Their hand was limp. Similarly challenged. Everyone had their own issues.

"Well, you're in luck," he told them. "I know my way around pretty well. The walls speak. They tell me where to go."

He drew a hand from his pocket, rubbing at the bridge of his nose.

"If you need a tour, anyways," the medic shrugged.

Tags: Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el

div-orange.png
"Nice to meet you, Jalen!" Lishi smiled as they shook hands. Even though they couldn't feel it, they could tell the handshake was firm, honest. "This building is huge and it's easy to get lost, so I will ask you for a tour sometime soon!"

The man seemed to be friendly, if a bit awkward, just like they were. A perfect person to get to know and converse with a bit more. Lishi smoothened their robes nervously with their hands, before looking up at their interlocutor yet again.

"And you? How long have you been here, Jalen? And... Sorry if I'm wrong, but you wouldn't happen to be an apprentice like I am, would you?" They said, putting on a smile to hide her anxiousness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom