Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Night Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Night Watch
Intent: To add some strategic flavor to the Rebel Alliance's military.
Affiliation: The Rebel Alliance
Availability: Uncommon
Quality: C
Type: Comms and detection officers
Strength: 2-8 Watchers

Description: With the apparent rise in the use of cloaking devices and the critical need for encryption in such a time of war, the Rebel Alliance sought to create an unorthodox military organization that would fit the bill. The Alliance recruited Miraluka agents (after forming a protection pact) to work as communications and detection officers, primarily on-board fleet vessels and space stations or at critical outpost and base locations, though some may occasionally be found in less conspicuous underground stations.

Night Watch groups consisted of 2-8 Watchers for spotting and code talking. They would be utilized to discern cloaked vessels and triangulate their positions through the Miraluka species' unique way of 'seeing' objects and lifeforms. They were also taught and promoted to speak and develop vocal languages, tactile codes, special Force signatures, and digitally-produced tonal codes for encrypted communications. Due to their sight advantages and disadvantages, the Night Watchers are ideal for concentrating on these non-visual purposes and are considered critically important to Alliance coordination.

While Watchers are trained and provided with weaponry to defend themselves, combat is not often their specialty and there is no standardized set of armaments to be distributed to Night Watch units, though most Alliance members are initially equipped with AR-47s, DH-17s, and Sentinel-series belts.

Links: Rolling for Snake Eyes

Links: (Please link all relevant submitted tech submissions here. Vehicles, weapons, armour and other special equipment must be submitted before your submission will be considered.)

You should put N/A rather than removing it all together. On that note; are these NPC entirely non-combatant? If not you're going to need to list any equipment they'll be using in roleplay: Batons, weapons, armour, special technology, etc.

[member="Krasnaya Xue"]

[member="Krasnaya Xue"]

I'm going to ask that you bring the availability down to uncommon and for a 25 post dev thread. A cloaking device requires a dev thread and thus any countering applications (units or technology) should require one too. Not to mention the Miraluka have a historical population of 1 million and are regarded for their general contentment and unambitious ways of life, so I'd expect it'd be difficult to acquire a sizable number of their population to achieve this. Even if the strength is less than a dozen.

I would suggest doing a thread where a representative would travel to the Miraluka homeworld and get them to sympathize with your cause. Of course that is up to you, as long as the story makes sense.

Alternatively, bringing it down to rare would only warrant a 10 post dev thread because they're already verging on elite in their own right.

Let me know.

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
[member="Krasnaya Xue"]
My only issue is that your dev thread doesn't cover the acquisition of the Miralukas. It's 25 posts, yes, but I'm not comfortable approving this without see the acquisition of the Watchers.
I would like to see the thread continued.
Simply @mention me when you get to that point.

[member="Krasnaya Xue"]

Your dev thread is substantial but please drop the quality to C. That way it doesn't reflect on their combat ability at all, but they're still more than trained to do their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom