Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Night Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrina

original.jpg

Image: http://cdn-s3-1.wanelo.com/product/image/1664821/original.jpg
Name: Night Cats
Designation: Semi
Homeworld: unknown
Language: Meows and purs
Average height of adults: 0.5 meter
Skin color: Black
Hair color: Black
Breathes: Type 1
Strengths:
1: Can fly, a short distance
2: Exceptionally Cute
3: Bites, and scratches carry a type of rabbies, and can kill after event without treatment (some large creatures have no immunity to it, and die quickly, especially sith spawn)
4: force sensitive, and uses force bellows like a bat
Weaknesses:
1: Only semi trainable, can turn on owner
2: Needs lots of food, roughly 60% of it`s own body mass a day
3: Sleeps a lot, and when sleeping it enters a state of torpor, which leaves it vulnerable
Distinctions: It`s a cat that has, been crossed with a bat some point in history
Average Lifespan: 12 years
Races: Cat/Bat
Estimated Population: Rare, though can be found on old sith worlds.
Diet: Raw meat, and blood
Communication: They use ultra sound, to hunt. They also pur and meow at low frequency. Just audible to humans
Culture: They tend to be in small grouping of females, or solitary males. The males are kicked out of the group, when they become of age. This is to prevent interbreeding, as they would not be strong enough yet to stay in near by territories as they would be controlled by more dominate male. The females tend to live in groups of between ten to forty, that`s not including the young.
Technology level: None
General behavior:
The average day they sleep for eighteen hours, and tend to be nocturnal in the wild. Though if as pet they tend be a wake longer and more active, due abundance of food they get my mythering their owners. They hunt for fun, and have been known to become kill happy, even if tamed slightly as part of their nature. They like to sleep, in holes or boxs, or anything that means they are hard to get at. Due to vulnerability when asleep, as it takes them five minutes before they can even become active. They tend to only hunt small pray, as it easier for them, however they can take much larger pray. Though then have to wait for it to die, a bit like a monitor lizard. Whilst they are a apex predator, they don`t tend live very long in the wild. As any injury would prevent them hunting, and their metabolism means they would starve to death in matter of couple of day`s.

They attack by means of ambush, swooping or pouncing on their pry. When they do this the let out force bellows, which ether kills or stuns their pry. Then try and bite it back of the neck, though if animal survives this they try and get away quickly. Then will see stalk it, if becomes infected. They can track it by it`s bad smell, as it begins to die.

As a pet, it has to be taken from wild while still a kitten, a dangerous job indeed. Then it can become semi tame, though it will always have instinct to hunt. Though if looked after well enough, you can train it try kill things you red shiny dot on, for some reason this animal likes try catch red dot`s. Which kinda funny, but cruel with some weapon scopes.

History: At some point in the old sith empire an sith alchemist on drummond kass, decide to make these as an experiment. Also to impress some woman, it worked and for a time they where classed as a luxury item for the sith. As such they got went to all corners of old sith empire, as pets. However as the empire died, they became more independent. Eventually wild again, as the republic took over worlds. They where culled as sith spawn, but they did survive this as species. Eventually the republic retreated from these worlds, and they where left in peace.
Notable Player-Characters: None
Intent: To have a cute pet, which is also, a killing machine to other animals.

[member="Mrrew"]

I have a figurine in real life that looks very similer to this.

Breathes would be 'Type I'

What sort of patheogen? What does it do?

Purring is typically extremely low frequency, if it was a high freqeucny it would be a sqeak.

Sithspawn / alchemically created species require a dev thread.

Fix these minor issues, and we'll move on to the others.

Overall... I want one.
[member="sabrina"]

Well, I believe the rules about it is a thread creating or discovering them. Y'could use npcs to create them. I will look into that though.

Races would be races of the species, not what it is

Hunting methods of a komodo dragon, nice. Though those are more fit for a solitary creature then a pride...

[member="sabrina"]

[member="sabrina"]

" A development thread, whether of creation or discovery, is required for all genetically engineered/alchemically created life forms being submitted to the Factory"

sabrina

[member="Mrrew"] okay, I do thread to try and discover them sing npcs. Unless you know of anyone who want to help, though I know your out as your judging it.

As for hunting thing, bats hunt alone but females roost together. This for raising young, as easier to keep their body temps up in bigger roost, which helps the young digest their food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom