Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Nexus-Infused Star Iron

Status
Not open for further replies.

R2Xt2Gp.png

Nexus-Infused Star Iron

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: The creation of a force-reactive and resonant metal intended to be used in the creation of weapons, vehicles, and artifacts.
  • Image Source: Midjourney
  • Canon Link: Meditation Sphere
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Bogan Fleet Systems and The Sith Order
  • Affiliation: The Sith Order
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material: Iron found on strongly dark-side attuned worlds refined through various metallurgic processes to increase its resonance with the force.
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Metal
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Color: Jet-black with star-like shimmering patterns on the surface
  • Resistances:
    • Energy (And other Blaster type weapons): Low
    • Kinetic: Very Low
    • Lightsabers: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • If used in conjunction with force-focusing architectural techniques and other such methods, it produces a potent magnifying effect.
    • This magnifying effect comes as a part of the construction technique and the metal working together to assist and support rituals. This is not a way of producing a force nexus or providing additional power to a ritual. An oversimplistic way of putting it would be that it generally reduces the amount of power required for a given ritual.
  • Used in the production of force-focusing structures.
STRENGTHS
  • Conducts and magnifies the force.
  • Can be used in the production of vessels similar to meditation spheres.
WEAKNESSES
  • Generally fragile and semi-soft.
  • Cannot be used as the primary material for equipment.
  • Must be sourced from worlds that are attuned to the dark side.
  • Cannot be used in the creation of mobile force nexi.
  • Vehicles created with this material may only provide benefits as per Sith Meditation Spheres in canon.
DESCRIPTION

Nexus-Infused Star-Iron was initially developed on the planet Korriban through rigiorous testing of metals to find an easily produced material for starship and constructions components with the intention of building structures capable of focusing the force. Many theoretical starting points towards the development of the material were found in the Gates of Graush a dark side Nexus. In particular, the Hall of Shadows contained numerous depictions of sith meditation spheres. Darth Nwul would transcribe many of these concepts and append them with architectural inspirations from the design and structure of Sith Temples.

Nwul and his fellow sith arrived at a theory that it was possible to use metals that were naturally attuned to the force as a form of conduit and use temple focusing principles to amplify force powers at a large scale. They began experimenting on Iron from the surface of the Dark-Side attuned Korriban. Through much work they created various versions of what would eventually become Nexus-Infused Star-Iron. Some of them were significantly tougher and sturdier than others, but the highest conductivity came in the softed variation of the material, a gold-like metal that shone black with shimmering stars across it.

The metal would be woven into wire or applied as decorative coating or even used in specific components rather than as the main building material. Only a small amount of the material needed to be present in order to mimic the amplifying behaviors of dark side structures such as temples and tombs.

This metal would become the backbone of a newly conceptualized sith fleet, and the dawn of the era of force resonant equipment and weaponry.

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

Hello, I shall be taking this version

If used in conjunction with force-focusing architectural techniques and other such methods, it produces a potent magnifying effect.
If we go by your weakness it is fragile and semi-soft.... and reading it in the history doesn't sound like it is strengthened. So what is used to keep temples or ships using it from collapsing under their own weight?

Then second part is will this make force nexi?

Used in the production of force-focusing vessels and structures.
This is partially included with the second part of the first question but.... are we making ship based mobile nexi of the darkside?

I will also note that you won't get many fleets at semi-unique production so make sure you are doing things within reason.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

If we go by your weakness it is fragile and semi-soft.... and reading it in the history doesn't sound like it is strengthened. So what is used to keep temples or ships using it from collapsing under their own weight?

Then second part is will this make force nexi?

It's used as a lining/decorative coating or even run through the walls and main superstructure like a 'wire'. It's not intended to support a vessel in its entirety. It didn't seem balanced to me to create a material that was very durable and strong that could also produce these effects.

Sort of? I'll go into further detail below.

This is partially included with the second part of the first question but.... are we making ship based mobile nexi of the darkside?

I will also note that you won't get many fleets at semi-unique production so make sure you are doing things within reason.

Again, sort of? The idea was based the creation of meditation spheres. The intent being to create ships that were powered and built using normal materials for the most part but then agumented with this material to create vessels capable of acting as an extension for the force-using pilot. Generating blasts of force lightning to strike out at enemies in a dogfight for smaller ships, for example. In the case of much larger vessels they could perhaps function very similarly to nexi of the dark side, yes. With the larger ships being used to perform 'naval scale' rituals.

I'd prefer minor production if possible since the process of sourcing it is finding worlds with dark side affinities and treating any iron found on those worlds with a metallurgic process. It's not super complicated, the biggest drawback in sourcing being the metal must come from a world like Korriban, Ziost, Dromund Kaas, Thule, etc. Would it be okay to shift it to minor production? If so I'll change it now and then change it back if you disagree. That said I don't plan on making tons of fleets out of it, just a few very dangerous ones.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

Yes please elaborate about it being something added to the structural materials.

As to production for the moment until a new major thing is handled keep it semi-unique.

As it stands right now, John Locke John Locke has a policy and my subs got pulled to adhere to this even about mobile nexi and ship based ones. A meditation sphere is canon but augmenting mental abilities compared to firing off lightning is different. Policy is no ship based Nexus period. If you have questions I would recommend pming John to discuss it.

So that will need to be altered, the metal drawing in and enhancing the force can be done.. making infusion and alchemy or working on temples to make darkside nexi be more improved/potent.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Reduced to semi-unique. I want to keep it to a maximum of three fleets as far as I'm concerned. With an extremely limited number of the larger planned ships.

"The metal would be woven into wire or applied as decorative coating or even used in specific components rather than as the main building material. Only a small amount of the material needed to be present in order to mimic the amplifying behaviors of dark side structures such as temples and tombs."

- added to the description

STRENGTHS
WEAKNESSES
  • Cannot be used in the creation of force nexi only in the amplification of force powers and rituals or improving existing force nexi.
- updated strengths and weaknesses.

As it stands right now, John Locke has a policy and my subs got pulled to adhere to this even about mobile nexi and ship based ones. A meditation sphere is canon but augmenting mental abilities compared to firing off lightning is different. Policy is no ship based Nexus period. If you have questions I would recommend pming John to discuss it.

So that will need to be altered, the metal drawing in and enhancing the force can be done.. making infusion and alchemy or working on temples to make darkside nexi be more improved/potent.

That's understandable. Honestly I have no interest in 'creating' nexi. I consider nexi and temples/structures used to ampify force rituals and powers to be very different things. A nexi is a powersource in itself.

The vessels constructed with this material will not be used as force nexi. The smaller ships will behave as meditation spheres/amplifiers of mental powers. So creating illusions and connecting to other pilots to coordinate attacks.

The larger ships have room to have temples built into them so rituals could be performed by groups of sith that enjoy the enhancement of the material but would not act as full force nexi. More like a magnifier for the power of those present. Creating larger scale illusions, enhancements to the fleet, etc.

The largest and most expensive (and therefore limited) ships would they be able to create storms or produce more frightful rituals?

My ultimate goal is to produce a space-based sith temple in the future to perform rituals in space over worlds and during naval battles.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

Meditation spheres is fine there is a basis for it. Enhancing illusions can be done as well but not beyond that. There is no leeway here, mobile places that can serve to empower are not being passed.

The production is still going to be semi-unique, meditation spheres were few and far between to see and you have already pointed out there is a scarcity to the metal.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Hey sorry about that, it looks like half of my edits didn't save there. Fixed the minor thing back to semi-unique. Hopefully it's ready now. That ruling is fine with me.

Here are my modifications.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • If used in conjunction with force-focusing architectural techniques and other such methods, it produces a potent magnifying effect.
  • Used in the production of force-focusing structures.
STRENGTHS
WEAKNESSES
  • Cannot be used in the creation of mobile force nexi.
  • Vehicles created with this material may only provide benefits as per Sith Meditation Spheres in canon.

Last edited:
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

As in the construction of ritual chambers and temples. As I understand it, it's easier to perform rituals in a place designed for such things. The force flows better and the general effects of said ritual become amplified in some way.

Not a nexus, since that is a power source. Rather an increase in efficiency for each person involved in the ritual.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms
Hey! I've added this section to the special features;

"This magnifying effect comes as a part of the construction technique and the metal working together to assist and support rituals. This is not a way of producing a force nexus or providing additional power to a ritual. An oversimplistic way of putting it would be that it generally reduces the amount of power required for a given ritual."

I hope that's what you were looking for! Thank you for being so patient and working back and forth with me on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom