Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newfound Sanctuary

[member="Tai Fa"] | NPC : Mr.Zej | Location : Sanctuary

Makai tugged a little uncomfortably at his dress shirt, unused to being clothed in such a manner on an ocean planet. Normally it was all board shorts and bare feet. Then again, he had never been in charge of business matters. Makai had followed his father on countless business trips, meetings, dinners and casual get togethers. He had seen deals go swimmingly while others never made it to the light of day. Throughout it all he remained observant, knowing someday his path might lead to this juncture.

"Don't clean up too bad son." Meaty hand came to clasp on his shoulder, belonging to one Mr.Zej. His father couldn't attend, nor could Chalu, second in command. Director of Salvage Operations? That was the next best thing, besides, Mr. Zej and Makai had worked together often over school breaks. "Your mother would be proud."

"I don't know. Its not a X-Wing cockpit..." Sad smile graced his features, turning to face the ocean waves at the thought of [member="Thessa Kai"] . "Dad is practically bursting with joy, nearly choked on his breakfast when I brought it up."

"Imagine your old man is. Talks about you constantly, so I'm hardly surprised."

Makai squared his shoulders and turned back to Mr.Zej. It was about time for their guest to arrive. Makai's new company would need a base of operations. Construction or some type of consulting construction manager would be needed to make sure the transition went smoothly.

"Let's head down to the landing pad, swelter out in the sun in our suits."

[member="Makai Dashiell"]​
---​
"To help those in need?
The greatest good there is, Vnut.
Surely you know this."​
"I am still unsure why, my Lord."​
"Sanctuary, Vnut.
Quite close to Centrality.
We must make good friends."
"I wasn't aware we were in the business of making friends."​
"A young man, Makai.
Quick trust and a friendly boy.
We must have allies."
"Support against the Silvers."
~​

A sleek shuttle broke through the skies only a few minutes after Makai and his guardian found their way to the landing platform proper. It wasn't the greatest shuttle out there, not the most expensive or shiniest, but what it lacked in those classes, it more than made up by sheer class. Another few minutes later the shuttle settled itself down on the platform.

Out came another small and big form. Almost a comical, but subverted copy of Makai and Mr. Zej.

One avian. A bird, a space peacock or Thirriken. Clad in silk and finely-decorated attire. His little talons clicked against the plastoid steeling of the floor.
One ursine. A bear... or Balinaka. Dressed and groomed to shape, the perfect bodyguard. His weight and paws made little micro-shudders as he walked behind his Lord and friend.

"Friend Makai, thank you.
Honor to you, very so.
Who is your good friend?

"If I may ask this, of course."

It was almost comical how the little Thirriken looked up at the two with an expecting gaze of question.​

Makai found it mildly amusing at the sight of [member="Tai Fa"] and his companion, almost like himself and Mr.Zej. His keen iced azure eyes had picked out the avian sentient as the one in charge, judging by the way the larger one was looking around with a probing gaze.

It took a deal of restraint not to roll his eyes at the 'Friend' comment. He had seen this with his father's business deals before. It was a way to put the other at ease, to make it seem less like a business contract. He knew little of Fa Holdings and their real intentions, well....intentions beyond making credits. Almost everyone beyond the Trade Federation had motivation beyond credits.

"A pleasure to meet you Mr. Fa." Makai motioned to Mr.Zej. "This is Zejian Tenro, Director of Salvage Operations for Salacia Consolidated."

"And your companion?"

[member="Makai Dashiell"]

In truth Lord Fa called everyone friend.

Much as his haikus it was a specific tic that he possessed and Vnut, personally, has long since stopped wondering about it. Life was far easier if you took it in strides and did not think about things too closely. The space peacock listened intently to the question, before inclining his beak and fluttering with his right wing to introduce his associate to the lad and his director.

"Vnut of Garnib, yes.
My chief of security.
Indispensable."
Silence lingered on for a moment, before Vnut realized that it was his turn to speak now.

"Pleased to meet both of you." The huge ursine carefully greeted, before nodding to both of them. "We should probably head inside."

He looked around, noting the open space they were in. Not exactly the safest of places to be linger around. It was his job to be paranoid, that was what they paid him the big bucks with, no?

[member="Tai Fa"]

"We should head indoors. Much too warm out here." Mr.Zej replied, already feeling himself sweating too much. He was a Pantoran, a species that was used to much cooler weather than an ocean climate. The portly man moved towards the doorway, opening it for both Makai and their guests from Fa Holdings.

"Mr. Fa, normally I would wait until we are seated to ask, but you'll have to excuse my rudeness." Makai paused for a moment, Mr. Zej coming up behind the trio after holding the door open. It was much cooler in the building, borrowed office space for now so they could hold their conference. "What are you looking to accomplish for Glaucus Industries? As you know we are moving and need a facility built."

Perhaps the young Dashiell was not as simple as Lord Fa had expected.

It was always interesting to see levels of depths in those his expectations was low about. Once again that magnificent beak was inclined, acknowledgement of the question asked and a refinement that it was not a proper question in the first place. It was much cooler here in the corridor and maybe more importantly -- to Vnut anyway -- there weren't about six dozens ways hostiles could snipe them all down, before they saw them coming.
"No rudeness at all.
Caution makes you wise, Makai.
Feelings are not hurt.
Fa Holdings, Maikai.
Merchant fleet, friendly contacts.
We can aid moving.
Investment firm too.
Just bought mining interests.
Build materials?"
"It is all quite possible."

[member="Tai Fa"]

Rounding the corner, Makai would open the door to a spacious conference room. Drinks of varying alcoholic and non-alcoholic content could be found, along with various finger foods just in case the guests needed a pick-me-up after their long trip.

"Please help yourselves, if you don't mind we can continue."

Mr.Zej went about to pour drinks for those who required them.Naturally he would sneak in a few treats for himself as the talks continued. Makai seemed to have it under control for the moment. Mr.Zej was only there to advise and keep the teenage boy from picking horrible deals.

"I would be very interested in the merchant fleet. Everything from Sorrus will have to be moved and put back into place."

[member="Tai Fa"]

Rounding the corner, Makai would open the door to a spacious conference room. Drinks of varying alcoholic and non-alcoholic content could be found, along with various finger foods just in case the guests needed a pick-me-up after their long trip.

"Please help yourselves, if you don't mind we can continue."

Mr.Zej went about to pour drinks for those who required them.Naturally he would sneak in a few treats for himself as the talks continued. Makai seemed to have it under control for the moment. Mr.Zej was only there to advise and keep the teenage boy from picking horrible deals.

"I would be very interested in the merchant fleet. Everything from Sorrus will have to be moved and put back into place."

Both Vnut and Lord Fa declined drinks and food for the time being.

The Thirriken knew better than most the powerful effect a substance could have on your state of being. Not just alcoholic, even something as simple as some juice or even a sandwich could rapidly shift your mood into something that was substantially more positive for your host. You were put at ease, you were being accommodated to, so why not make that little extra concession? Of course, Fa did not truly worry that it would affect him too much, but there was something about being careful that naturally came to him and his.

Call it healthy skepticism or Sith-bred paranoia, the result was truthfully the same.

"Excellent, Makai.
Sorrus? Through Yavin we go.
I grew up there, yes.
Many contacts, hmm.
Ah, we can make this happen.
May I ask why move?"
The Greater Yavin region and the Gordian Reach, the Thirrikens lived there, those who still... lived. He was very familiar with the territory and his merchants ships would have little trouble passing through, courtesy of years of contacts being cultivated. It was quite lucky that Makai encountered him in his dealings.

Anyone else... it would have probably been far more expensive with the Mandalorians acting out.

Mr.Zej handed him a glass of ice water as they settled into the room. Their guests had declined any offerings for now. Makai could understand. Business was business. He had met a large number of his father's associates who had superstitions or hang-ups on eating and business or pleasure and business. They were often seen as one in the same.

"Sorrus doesn't suit my current business model.Sanctuary aligns more closely and its easier to get to from my current location."

Unknown to Mr. [member="Tai Fa"] , but his father owned most of the planet of Yavin, save for several Temples and mining outposts that weren't part of a auction deal. Getting through wasn't a concern. Logistics on moving and keeping the costs down were more important. Anyone could slap some of the technology equipment into a vessel and keep moving. It took talent to keep it from getting damaged. From leaking out their location and getting the goods 'stolen' by friends.

"Yavin should be easy to go through. I am more concerned about expensive equipment getting lost by sticky fingers..."

Lord Fa cocked his head slightly.

Was the humanoid trying to insult his honor? It didn't seem to be that way. There were no facial signs that suggested mockery or insult, no grins or upward turns around the mouth. The eyes weren't smiling, but completely serious. The Thirriken had taken a crash-course in figuring out the facial expressions of the humanoids, to facilitate communication and such.

It was remarkably hard to figure out what they were thinking on any given day.

"With all due respect, Mr. Dashiell." Vnut of Garnib spoke, his voice resembling an ancient oak in its steadiness and weight. "But a shipping concern who cheats its clients will soon run out of clients."

This only pronounced the relationship between Vnut and Lord Fa.

Few other people would just interrupt and speak for Tai, but it was not for nothing that Vnut was commonly referred to as the Thirriken's gatekeeper. He knew his thoughts, knew the instinctive reactions that could occur and took it upon himself to smooth things over as best as he could. Usually without any finesse or subtlety, but it was difficult for a Balinaka to be all that subtle.
"Very well said, Vnut.
Your cargo will be quite safe.
I assure you this.
My reputation.
My word is always my bond.
My dealings clear-cut."
Even the Alliance dealt with him. He had helped them recently with a contract to establish infrastructure for refugees. It was quite the profitable venture and did much to establish Fa Holdings' reputation as an honest and hard-working organization.

While he might have slightly insulted [member="Tai Fa"] and associates, Makai was leaving nothing to chance. Equipment was expensive. Moving was expensive. The wrong employees could move something and break it. Items got lost or misplaced. In his mind, it wasn't a misplaced fear or insult. It was a reality of being in the shipping and moving business.

Oh and pirates.Everyone forgot to mention the pirates.

"Then I think we have ourselves a deal."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom