Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcomer! Question Regarding a Jedi Character.

Hey, all!

I've been looking around the forum here and am really excited to dive into RPing here. I haven't done any RPing in a long while, but I love the Star Wars universe and I would love to do more creative writing in my down time. I'm currently working on a Padawan character to get started with, and I need a little bit of information in order to get my story straight.

Where in the Chaos canon are there Jedi Temples or a Jedi Academy at which my character would be studying at the time when he would be assigned a one-on-one master in order to begin ascending in the ranks of the Jedi Order? Since this is the arc I'd like to start with for this character, and it seems conventional enough, I figure there has to be a planet or a couple of planets which would fit the bill for this sort of beginning.

Hey there! Welcome to Chaos! Since Jedi aren't really my thang, Imma quote someone who knows much more about them than I do.

Ilias Nytrau said:
There are a few places that Jedi call home, and they are as follows:

The Silver Sanctum Coalition - The Jedi here make up only one part of what the SSC is - a support and care contingent focused on evacuation, rescue, healing, caring for the youngest of our number, and keeping an eye on the traditional Sith Worlds. This group still has its share of defenders and warriors.

The Galactic Alliance - Here you find the New Jedi Order, and the front line of the war effort against the One Sith. Most Jedi here will be more militarized, but there are still support roles such as healers, seers, and so on.

The Jedi Order - Formerly exclusive to the Galactic Republic, these Jedi have distanced themselves somewhat, but maintained a connection to the Republic, and are finding their identity as a standalone.

The Jedi of all of these factions are connected through the Jedi Academy Network, which networks all the academies, sanctums, enclaves, temples and so on in which the Jedi train and grow, across the galaxy, whether they are in lightside-dominated territories or not.

In all of the places mentioned above, there are Master Request threads. Those threads are where you'd post in each location. Take a look at each faction, ask questions, and find out what's the best place for you. :)

BenBot said:
Hey, all!

I've been looking around the forum here and am really excited to dive into RPing here. I haven't done any RPing in a long while, but I love the Star Wars universe and I would love to do more creative writing in my down time. I'm currently working on a Padawan character to get started with, and I need a little bit of information in order to get my story straight.

Where in the Chaos canon are there Jedi Temples or a Jedi Academy at which my character would be studying at the time when he would be assigned a one-on-one master in order to begin ascending in the ranks of the Jedi Order? Since this is the arc I'd like to start with for this character, and it seems conventional enough, I figure there has to be a planet or a couple of planets which would fit the bill for this sort of beginning.
Lothal is the location of the current Temple of the Order.

[member="BenBot"]

Lothal is the location of the Jedi Temple for the Order still primarily associated with our version of the Galactic Republic.

The Silver Jedi are based out of the Silver Temple on Voss.

The New Jedi Order is based out of Sullust, if I recall correctly.

The Jedi Academy Network is based out of Yavin 4 (in Mandalorian space), though it maintains ties to all the above temples.

As you can tell, we have no "single" Jedi Order. Just as the galactic map is fractured into various political factions, so are the Jedi spread out with various allegiances, beliefs, etc. The Jedi Academy Network is the most inclusive and political neutral of those though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom