Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Start, New Friends

There was an ever-familiar tightness in her chest, a constant reminder of everything that could go wrong with the meeting, everything that probably would go wrong with it. Except no, she trusted Irene, trusted that this wasn't a trap. Unless it was? Erebus Laitos was an anxious woman by nature, and the recent hunting down of her family had only honed her paranoia, turning her into the jittery mess she was now. Even when she knew that her fears were irrational, she had immense trouble getting past her fear. The only reason she had agreed to this meeting was because of the woman next to her: Irene Vantai.
Whereas Erebus was a subtly trembling cacophony of emotions, Irene was her foil; ever poised, sitting perfectly still, a sense of ease surrounding her. In a different setting, Erebus might have found herself jealous of her companion. Within this one, however, she was merely grateful for someone calm to anchor herself to. She drew strength from Irene's presence, as well as from the feeling of their fingers intertwined. Soon enough Irene's aunt would arrive, the meeting would start, and Erebus could slowly ease herself into something close to a relaxed position.
"She'll be here any moment, dear," Irene murmured, gently running her thumb over Erebus' own. A soft smile formed on both of their faces, and Erebus even managed to let out a nervous laugh. "She seemed pretty excited to meet you when I spoke to her. It's... well, it's been some time since I made any new friends. I know she's going to love you," Irene continued, smile shifting into a full out grin. She knew that her aunt could be overwhelming at times, and had warned her about Erebus' reservations in her message, but honestly believed that this was going to work out great for everyone.
It was a new start for Erebus, after all, and a new start called for new friends.
{[member="Vanessa Vantai"]}

[member="Erebus Laitos"]

Vanessa would soon arrive to the premises. It had been a very long time since Ire'Rain Sekairo, later Irene Savan, had disappeared shortly after the Sith Empire had disintegrated. She would arrive soon enough and would give both Irene and her associate hugs. "Ire... so good to see you again after this long time. After you ran off, I thought I would never see you again." She patted the woman on the head. "And you must be Erebus." She looked at the woman's associate.

"So, might as well ask. What's the reason you came back and brought her?"

Both Irene and Erebus stood up as soon as Vanessa entered, though Erebus was simply following her companion's lead. The hug was unexpected, and rather awkwardly returned; as soon as Irene gave a little nod of encouragement, that is. Once they had pulled back, she tried to adopt a neutral expression. Instead, she probably still appeared to be a nervous wreck, what with her eyes flicking back and forth between Irene and Vanessa, and the way her shoulders were held back tensely. As soon as she had the chance to hold Irene's hand again, she did so. Once more the familiar feeling brought her a sense of comfort.

"It's wonderful to see you again, Aunt Vanessa, though your words do trouble me some. Did you not receive my message?..." Irene paused, squeezing Erebus' hand gently, this time for her own comfort. "I tried to send word with Aunt Ven. If you've heard nothing, then I suppose my fears have been confirmed. But we can discuss your wife, and other... ahem, family matters, in a little while. Firstly, let us take a seat." With that said, Irene gestured behind her, to where the duo had been waiting for Vanessa's arrival.

There was a small seating area, with fairly simple, sleek furnishings. A medium length couch was pressed against the wall, with two chairs flanking it. Between those was a coffee table with a built in holo projector. On the table was a rather fancy set of drinking glasses, as well as two bottles of wine; one opened, one unopened. Once the three were relatively comfortable, Irene reached over and pressed a few buttons on the table, before leaning back with a soft smile. Gentle music started playing from unseen speakers nearby. Not loud enough to impair their conversation, but loud enough to be appreciated.

"When the Sith started to crumble, I was... lost, for a time. As was Erebus. While I was able to seek help for my mind, she was running from those desperately wanting her family dead. Those hounds have certainly quieted, but they are not silent, and I fear for her safety," Irene explained. Occasionally Erebus nodded, her gaze never leaving Irene. "You sheltered me more than once, despite my... ah, difficulties. We came here hoping you might do so again, though this time with Erebus." Pausing, Irene glanced at the woman in question, then gave a little nod to indicate it was time for her to make her plea. Or try to, that is.

"I... I have a good memory. Perfect, actually. N-not that I'm bragging! I just, er, I'm... I'm not useless. I may not be able to, uh, bring down a whole government or make an army flee in terror, but I've got talents, you know?... I, well, I pay attention. I listen to things nobody else listens to. I notice things, and I never, never forget what I notice. Put me in a room with someone you don't trust and I might, uh, I might just tell you something you don't know," Erebus said, voice wavering a little, evidently still feeling the weight of her anxiety. A quick glance at Irene, however, had her grinning wide. If Irene was proud of her, then maybe she could be proud of herself, too.

[member="Erebus Laitos"]

She shook her head at the inquisition of a message. "Well... why didn't you simply come to me?" She frowned. "I could have kept you safe in the Unknown Regions on board the Ablution. I'm more than willing to give both you and Erebus shelter at the Nathema Orbital Complex." She concluded. "It's one of the most well defended locations in Sith space. Even if the Empire collapses, I have access to enough raw materials, food, water, and other resources to keep us alright indefinitely." She smiled for a moment. "Welcome back, the both of you. We have a lot to get started on."

A lot to get started on.

"I'm afraid I wasn't in the best of situations, what with my... afflictions. Everything collapsing around me only made matters worse, and sending a message with Ven was the final task I managed to complete before, well, before I shut down," Irene explained, sheepishly rubbing the back of her neck. This time she sought comfort from Erebus. Once more they gently squeezed each other's hands, smiling softly, before turning their attention back to Vanessa. "It's indescribably wondrous to be home again. To have a home. Whatever comes next, we'll be ready."

Unable to help herself, Irene moved in for another hug with Vanessa, hoping to give the woman an embrace tight enough to make up for all those lost years. Irene hadn't spent much time with her mother, and never knew her father. But her aunt Ven, and Ven's partner Vanessa, had been the best family she could ask for. Now that she was back, and with Erebus at her side to boot, she was filled with a peace of mind she hadn't ever known. It was clear enough for Erebus to pick up on, making the shorter woman awkwardly go in to join the hug as well. What did she have to lose?

[member="Erebus Laitos"]

Vanessa smiled and opened her arms up, embracing Irene as she got in on the hug. When’s Erebus joined in Vanessa backed off for a moment so she could get her as secure within the render embrace as Irene herself was. “Ire, I missed you so much. And Erebus, it’s great to have you as a part of the group now.” It was so heartwarming to be in this proper hug with the both of them, to feel some sense of unity.

“How about we all go out and get some food?” She raised her hands up and patted both the he heads of the small ones before her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom