Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Sith

Darth Armyss

Nobleman, Sith, and Womanizer
Reine Bisset said:
[member="Dalansa"]
OOC'ly, I've always been a fan of the Rule of Two. It's really the only truly effective period of time I've seen the Sith accomplish, honestly. A total victory, more or less. I'd love to see how it would work on Chaos.

As for Independent Sith, the only issue I can see is the matter of promotions. I was under the assumption that you had to be a member of a faction to increase in rank. Though that may be a misconception on my part.
Except that you do realize that the Sith who accomplished this "total victory", Darth Sidious, hardly adhered to the Rule of Two, correct?

During the Clone Wars, his own apprentice, Tyrannus, had a few acolytes at his disposal, including Asajj Ventress and former Jedi Master Sora Bulq. That may not be the best example, but a better one could be all of the various "Emperor's Hand's" that served Sidious during his reign as Emperor, all of whom were basically Sith Acolytes in all but name, and that's not even counting his actual apprentice's own apprentice (granted, Vader's taking on an apprentice of his own backfired spectacularly).

[member="Albrecht Tagge"]
Yes, though the Rule of Two kinda allows that wiggle room. Acolytes are generally kept around in the event the actual apprentice fails. Also, if the apprentice kills his master, sometimes an acolyte is chosen as a new apprentice for the new Master. Its a little wonky, but workable.

Darth Armyss

Nobleman, Sith, and Womanizer
[member="Reine Bisset"]

Fair enough, though loophole abuse of that sort is still in violation of the intent behind the Rule of Two, unless you take it as literally as possible (where only two Sith Lords can exist at any given time - that has been around since Darth Revan and Darth Malak, and Darth Bane got the idea from Revan's holocron)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom