Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[New Republic]- Sickness on Serpena

[member="Ali Hadrix"] [member="Charzon Loulan"] [member="Giana Froelich"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="Jynx"] [member="Klesta"] [member="Lyth Meran"] [member="Marcus Itera"] [member="Rae Jarrus"] [member="Reen Lorgon"] [member="Sanya Val Swift"] [member="Xiarr Sair"] [member="Jack Raxis"] [member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Jade Whisperwind"] [member="Taneas Haring"] [member="Tiland Kortun"]d

Serpena:

Much was ado at Serpena. Having once been the seat of corporate empire and R&D for
Subbach Innes in the fringe space and there it was a logical place for the fledgling New Republic to settle into. Much of the old Military Installation, Shipyards, Labs and Palace's were being converted or used to store refugees fleeing the war.

Jade had hung around a bit, mingling with some of the Masters and the Politicians all vying for their new seat in the Congress. Election day was not far off now, and everything was under the control of a temporary council of the highest ranking folks around.

There was still many problems however. Problems Jade sought to try and tackle some of.

The next President would be inheriting a sluggish economy, rife political debate, Blazing Chain Pirate marauders, and some new Plague.

They called it the Black Sickness. On Serpena alone it had already spread, killing thousands in it's wake and infecting thousands more. Any new government needed healthy members, or else the people would revolt and die in despair.

That's where Jade came in, as a part of a mixed team of Jedi, researchers, doctors and Soldiers sent to help keep the peace, and track down the origins of the Plague.

Sun was setting over the horizon. Two lightsabers jingled on the girls hip as she strode through the Shanty towns of the lower class. Much of them beggars looked up at the girl in her raggedy robes, holding out diseased hands for coins or creds.

"Help me, please!"

A voice cried out. She was some ways from the quarantine and medical center that had been set up. How much help she could be, she was unsure.

With a smooth motion she donned her re-breather mask, taking a cross-legged seat in front of the woman.

"What ail's you? The Sickness?"

"Yes child, and we are all poor. Our lack of access to medicine is killing us all. Spare a cred for a poor beggar?"

"No I'm sorry. I've no money, but I might be able to help you in other ways. Lean back please."

Jade leaned in, cradling the beggars head with a gloved hand. The other hovered over her breast, feeling the intense heat from the raging fever. Closing off her mind to all other thoughts she hummed softly, letting the force bind between her and the woman. If she could break down the patterns of the virus in the force she might be able to better understand what it was they were fighting. Perhaps heal the woman somewhat or even soothe her pain as well.

"Master Swift, we may have need of your assistance. Are you local?" She asked, speaking softly into her headset.

Blue eyes stared out the window at the lush forest that covered the planet, it was hard to believe that it was all most lifeless. With most of the inhabitants sick or dying due to this new plague, the local pirates, and now the arrival of the New Republic.. the citizens already had enough problems. She took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, her father never dealt with something like this, did he? Zaira shook her head she couldn't remember if it did happen it was when she was younger.. in the past and now she had more important things at hand.

The blond turned around straighten her blue tie with one last look to the outside she began to walk down the corridor. She was here on Serpena for a few reason, to check on the condition of the planet and it's inhabitants, figure out if anything can be done about the Black Sickness and sit through erm attend political meetings. After all the New Republic going to have their election coming up in a few day's.. or so she's been told by everyone that bump into her. At this point, the election didn't matter to Zaira what did interest her was the situation on Serpena and what everyone in the New Republic can do to help if at all possible.

"Ma'am? The next council meeting will start in about an hour.. we should get there early if we can." a young man with brown hair spoke up behind her, his hands were clasped in front of his uniform and his green eyes sparkled with excitement. He took his job of being Zaira assistant for the meetings seriously... tho she couldn't blame him she was the same when her father brought her along to his.. now if only he would stop calling her ma'am he was younger then her true but still "Don't call me Ma'am Fuma." the young assistant bowed his head "Sorry Ma'am." Zaira sighed deciding not to argue over something so petty and to focus on the task at hand.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
[member="Jade Whisperwind"] Ξ [member="Zaira Raghul"]

The medical tents had been packed with more beginning to settle outside. Sick civilians protested to try get into the tents away from the worlds icy terrains. Security for now was doing it's job but for how long would that keep up. The medical staff from her unit had been working tirelessly without brakes. She could see many of them reaching their limits. It hurt Sanya seeing trying times like this. Luckily for her, she had a very good immune system that was able to fight off what illness these people suffered. She stood straight wiping her forehead with her sleeve and looked at some of the staff. "You three take a brake, gather your strength back. You won't be of use to anyone if you've no energy." She said calmly. One woman stood up enraged by what Sanya said, but before she uttered a word Sanya's eyes gleared at her in such a way like she was saying don't start.

She knew a lot where on edge and many traditional forms of medicine doesn't seem to work. A small boy began having violent coughing fit that led to blood spattering onto his hands. Moving to the boys bedside Sanya gave him a smile. "Oh my your looking much better." She said. It was a lie of course but simple things made people feel better rather than worrying them leading to stress. There was enough of that going around. "Really?" The boy said in response. "Yes. Now I need you to lean back for me and count in your head till I say stop." He did as instructed as she brought her hands over the patient.

Sanya emptied her mind focusing on the boys heart beat that wasn't consistent. Even without the aid of the force she knew the boy had a matter of hours to live. But it didn't mean he had to live them in pain. Moving more in depth to her focus Sanya did her best to sever the nerves surrounding the boys chest and even did what she could with the parts of his lungs that had been eaten away inside. She spoke softly. "you can stop now." she said in a soft voice. "If you need something don't hesitate to ask one of the nurses that are around."

She spent a while bouncing between patient to patient. For most it was to late even if there was a cure their body's had sustained to much damage in the inside. Her coms device soon went off with a voice speaking through it. "I'm at the main medical tent. Whats the situation?" She said back to who ever was asking for her assistance. She had to watch over forty three children all infected with what was killing them. Right now she didn't have time to waste.

[member="Ali Hadrix"] [member="Charzon Loulan"] [member="Giana Froelich"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="Jynx"] [member="Klesta"] [member="Lyth Meran"] [member="Marcus Itera"] [member="Rae Jarrus"] [member="Reen Lorgon"] [member="Sanya Val Swift"] [member="Xiarr Sair"] [member="Jack Raxis"] [member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Jade Whisperwind"] [member="Taneas Haring"] [member="Morlin Varrock"] [member="Natasi Fortan"] [member="Rasu Gan"] [member="Sed Frieder"] [member="Valerian Valkyrie"] [member="Zaira Raghul"] [member="Dek Ryken"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="Quinncolson"]

Serpena: Slums
Mission: Fight the Black Sickness

The virus began to unfold in the force. There was something familiar and terrifying about it. Almost as if it reeked of dark side energies, yet it was rooted in the physical realm, a true tangible thing. As the commlink crackled Jade inhaled again, centring herself in the storm of emotions and panic that was ripping the force apart.

There is no chaos, only harmony. Even in your darkest moments, remember this Jade. Chaos will distract you, harmony will lift you up, sharpen your focus and your... well sword arm!

Jade chuckled inside, remembering the teachings of he rold an quite crazed master.

"Padawan Jade here from the Golden Swords Clan. I have a patient down here showing extraordinary signs."

She trailed off, focusing further. Jades abilities in the force were balanced, covering many areas. A particular skill she had learned was to delve deep into the essence of what was. As the patterns made themselves clear she examined each with closed eyes, relying only on the force to help her.

Bones appeared as hexagonal shapes, blood as ovals. Flesh cells were oblong triangles, each linked, each feeding the other. The virus was like a sickly purple spiral, encroaching into the system. Each shape it touched began to shatter and turn. Necrosis of the flesh was evident by eye, but necrosis of the cells was evident by her inner eye.

"Hold on, I'm going to try something. I need you to relax, and gaze into my eyes."

The beggar complied, half in a daze.With her mind so weak Jade was easily able to cross the gap, projecting her own thoughts into the cerebral cortex of the woman.

Slow

Slow

Slllooowwww

Time seemed to stand still. Breath came shallower, and the breasts of the woman rose and fell at a reduced rate. Her eyes began to close, and Jades closed with them. The virus began to slow as well....

"Master Swift I need a medical evacuation platform at my coordinates. Please dispatch it as soon as possible. I've deduced the virus will slow it's spread if we slow the patients systems. If you have any spare military folks we can use them down here to pass out sedatives. If it spreads from here I fear it might...."

Another pause.

Beggars here came into contact with everyone and everything, frequently.

"I fear it might be devastating."

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
[member="Jade Whisperwind"] Ξ [member="Zaira Raghul"]

She listened carefully to every word picking out the most important ones while her attention was split. Chaos reigned on this world and something like this was no accident. Something on such magnitude and effectiveness had to be an outside source. Right now that was speculation and conspiracy. Right now people where in danger. Right now people needed a miracle. A sigh eased through her lips. One of sorrow and pain. "Attention medical staff. Start administering sesitives to slow the heart rates down. Children first." She said yet to answer jade. A handful of staff had left to get the drugs while Sanya made her way to the entrance of the tent she was stationed at. "Jade. I'll be there soon as possible. My unit will have to keep working here but anyone spare I will bring along. Although I'm afraid there won't be many. More and more people are turning up in the numbers. Security are pushed as it is and the crowds people are starting to get aggressive here. But rest assured we'll be there soon as possible."

Sanya watched as a man got up into the face of an officer with a rebreather. She knew he was pushing it and any second the officer would hit the man with the butt of his rifle. Her feet came down hard as the metal of her armord boots clashed with the concrete each time giving off a loud thud. Because of the situation Sanya felt it was necessary to wear her armor. It wasn't to look intimidating nor to give off the wrong impression but it served the purpose of been able to carry more medical supplies on her. As Sanya walked up behind the officer the mans voice had gotten louder and his body language more aggressive. Enough for the officers arm to move up ready to hit the man. Reaching out with her arm she placed it on the officers shoulder. "There will be no need for that." She said in a serious voice. If the officer had struck the man there was no telling what it could start. "Go round up any staff we can spare I'll handle this."

Her posture soon matched that of a person who served in the military. Back straight head forwards arms behind with a hand held onto the wrist. Her slit pupils surrounded by the orange Iris of her eyes gleared down at the man's dark brown eyes. His complexion was rigged with wrinkles lining his brow. Still he remained with the feirce expression. "DO YOU THINK YOU SCARE ME!?" He screamed in her face balling up his hands into fists. "I'd advise you to watch your tone." "OR KARKING WHAT!?" In that moment a fire lit in his eyes pulling out a blaster aiming it at Sanya. Not even a flinch came from her like she was carved stone. The people around looked at them in fear. The closest backing up. "Look around you. There are many people here who are sick and need help. The world doesn't revolve around you. I can understand your sceared. But resolving to violence isn't the answer." "Kark you." His finger slid from the side of the blaster to the trigger ready to shoot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom