Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Person asking questions

Hi, I am new to Chaos and I had a few questions.

1. When making a character should I make a sub-account?
2. Would I be able to RP parts of an existing race? (not all just like a small community)
3. Could I RP multiple races on different planets?
4. How does time work? (like who decides when a year has passed)
5. I went to the character creation article and it said I can't be Santa why? What happened so that that rule was made, lol

The Third The Third

Hello there :)

To answer your questions:
  1. You can, but you don't have to. Everyone has their own preference.
  2. Yes, you can NPC parts of your race.
  3. Yes, though depending on the framework, you might wish to open character accounts.
  4. Time if very timey wimey and free form. Every now and then, site staff will take all the events that have happened, and acknowledge that X time has passed while they happened, which is how we get our 'current year'. Some people choose to go by this, others age their characters and stories slower or faster than that.
  5. There are things we do not speak of, or only whisper about in hushed voices :p

The Third The Third

1. Every dedicated character should have its own account, whether that's your OG writer account or a created subaccount. Important NPCs should be submitted as their own entry in the factory.
2. If you mean expanding on the race and their culture, history, backstory etc then it's freegame but I'd be cautious because new writers won't know about your changes. Best bet if you really wanna be creative is to make your own race in the factory.
3. You can RP as whatever race you want anywhere you want.
4. It's a fluid timeline here, so it's reeeaaallly malleable. Kids grow up in a matter of months or over the course of a few years. It's up to the writer and what timeframes they wanna keep - within reason of course. Be sensible. Afaik, there's an official site time-skip every six months.
5. Because Santa is a concept created by modern humans in a galaxy far far away from the official Star Wars one. You can make a Santa-like character, but not Santa. Same as RPing as Jesus Christ or Mike Tyson on here would be a no-no.

Don't take my word as gospel, I am but a ham sandwich.

Hope you enjoy your time here and feel free to ask if you have any more Qs :)

Fiolette Fortan

F
The Third The Third

First and foremost welcome to the board, and I hope you enjoy the board if you have any further questions feel free to ask. I'd also encourage you to join the board's discord server.

1. When making a character should I make a sub-account?
  • Yes. You can use your writer account but if you're planning on more than one character, you'll need to make subaccounts. I do want to correct one of the above posters. NPCs that are important to you should be submitted to the Codex, not Factory. Factory is for tech, and Codex is for lore. :)
2. Would I be able to RP parts of an existing race? (not all just like a small community)
  • Yes, Chaos is a sandbox so RP as much or as little as you wish.
3. Could I RP multiple races on different planets?
  • Sure.
4. How does time work? (like who decides when a year has passed)
  • As Nessa mentioned it's timey wimey, however; generally speaking how fast time moves is up to you and your character's story. The staff does their best to keep the board's timeline up to date so if you do need to reference something in past events you can use that.
5. I went to the character creation article and it said I can't be Santa why? What happened so that that rule was made, lol
  • As mentioned Santa is a human not of the Star Wars universe. Not to say you couldn't play a Santa-like character, but the general rule is to keep things Star Wars. :)

Hi I got some more questions

1. What is the difference between the factory and the codex (or is it just factory for tech and codex for lore)
2. Where do I have to ask or write down what I am roleplaying
3. I have been researching the Jawa's and there is a lot of information that I can't find, what do I do? (Does anyone know any good websites)
4. if there is no information on a species do I make it up? (Should I inform people of that)

The Third The Third

1. You are pretty much spot on
-factory is for technology such as blasters, droids and other useful devices
-Codex is lore such as custom planets, new species you want to create and more

2. This is where you would post the biography of the character you will be roleplaying

3. As someone who has roleplayed a jawa I used the legends and canon information found on the Wookiepieda and I even found a few Sites that had attempted to translate the jawa languages or atleast their trade language and used it in roleplay.

4. If you can't find much information about the species as long as its not biological I am sure you will be find making up your own culture for them and if you do so I suggest maybe making some codex lore submission for adding custom lore to the species. If you want to make up your own biological functions for them you are better off submitting a custom codex species

I hope this helped you my friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom