Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member Experience: The FAQ

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Suggestion to Staff
With commentary welcome from the community

Banner FAQ?

This very 'feedback' forum features an FAQ. It is stickyed right above this thread. Today I would like to suggest that we update this very FAQ with new Q&As that more closely resemble our current situation. Then? Let's place it in multiple places. The Feedback Forum, The New Members Forum, The Tutorial Forum, and inside the Top Banner under Rules -> FAQ.

*Note. This is only a suggestion for future consideration.

___

Some Q&As?

As for new Q&As of which to add to the document? The Staff might already have a few ideas in mind. They see a lot of the same questions and fumbles day by day. Such as,

• Is the Factory mandatory? - No
  • How many posts must I have to request Tags? - 50
  • How do I change my account name? - In this thread, etc...

Now. Given that the Staff can probably build an FAQ using just their own council and experience alone? Let's help them out a bit. Dear community. What are some good Questions that every new member will inevitably ask when they first arrive. What should we put in an FAQ that is relevant to July 2015 onwards?

I'll start,

• Q: Where can I find a Master for my character?
  • A: Factions are required to have Training Forums made available for training new characters. Please see the training sub-forum of your chosen Faction for more information. For rules regarding promotions, please see (this) thread.

• Q: How do I resolve conflicts, complaints, or miscommunications with other writers?
  • A: The first step in any conflict resolution is to PM the other writer. Give the other writer the benefit of the doubt and please understand misunderstandings happen naturally. Now, in private, please discuss the topic with the other writer. Seek out a solution or a compromise as mature and respectable adults would do. If you cannot create a solution or a compromise and have come to brick wall, you have options. For a difference of opinion. Please walk away from the interaction respectfully and with dignity. This is only a game, after all. There will be other chances to have fun. However, for any breach in the Website Top Rules you observe. Please use the Report Button.

*Note. This is only a gathering of ideas for a hypothetical suggestion. This is not a real project at this time.

___

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Valiens Nantaris"] Noted. I'll begin thinking about this and grabbing some helpers. ETA, end of August or something. Thx. :)

Edward Frisby

"I don't care, if you scream and burn..."
[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

OH!! OH!! I wanna be a helper!

I think the limitations on character equipment should be mentioned. Something like this.

• "Q. Can I have Beskar plated, Sith alchemy infused speedo from the start?
  • A. No, you'd first need to make a factory submission for that and probably have a few dev threads. Here's a list of restricted materials and the like." then add some links to the factory and whatnot.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Edward Frisby"]

Now I want to sub a Beskar speedo to the Factory. ...Ooo. A Gundam Beskar speedo! ...I like where this is going. More ideas plz. :D :p

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Dropping this idea. I have a good feeling that educated people already know this, uneducated people don't read this stuff, and new members prefer direct human contact rather than a passive reading experience. :D

Till next time.

Bunker-level Normal
I'd suggest covering ideas for how new members can acquire (both select and "purchase") weapons, ships, armor, etc. When I was new I had to ask around before I found the Marketplace, and there was no clue of how to use it until I asked. It's also rather unclear whether canon equipment can be used or not.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Lol. I was just messing you with man. I had a feeling you didn't read to the bottom. :p

Cheers and good hunting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom