Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private New Master

This was an unexpected turn of events. Perhaps it was from the Show of Strength not long ago that had caught the attention of the Sith Lord she was set to meet. Dromund Kaas was as dark of a world as she expected, the thundering storms overhead blocking out much of the light from the nearby sun. Fitting. Alina walked through Kaas city, feeling smaller than she ever had back home. It was one thing to be with a mother who hated her for not being able to use sorcery, another to be on the home world of some of the strongest Sith to ever show themselves in the galaxy. All manner of sorcerers and alchemists walked this world. And here she was, barely able to control the Force. Barely a Sith.

She tugged on the sleeves of her black cloak, frowning from under the hood. It was important to look the part, or something. One of her fellow acolytes told her she should bring the cloak, but really it just made her silly. And got in the way. The young human would make her way through the city, her eyes constantly scanning around her. Someone might just try.. Something. She didn't know what Sith might do, but that was the issue. Could she get challenged for doing something wrong? What was considered wrong here? Would she get hurt, maimed, or even worse, killed? Too many unknowns that quickened her pace as she headed for the building in question.

Before she knew it she'd arrived. Her yellow eyes stared up at the building, taking it all in. This had to be a prank. No one this influential would want to speak to her of all people. Alina reached up and gripped at her cloak till her knuckles turned white. If this wasn't a prank, keeping a Sith Lord waiting would be an even worse thing than wandering into their office. So, she took a deep breath and headed inside. Whatever the future held, it started here.

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

As a powerful Sith sorceress and alchemist herself, having been the Triumvir of Power before ascending even higher up the Sith hierarchy, she knew the Tremiru family by both reputation and through a few projects they had assisted her on. She had sensed some dissatisfaction from the mother over something, having passed it off as an ambitious Sith wanting more power for herself and her family.

Now she thought it might be becoming clearer that it was another issue all together.

The acolytes had recently been thrown into a contest of strength, to show their abilities before the other Sith to possibly attract a master. The Tremiru daughter had been among them, and while Taeli had not watched in person, she had been reviewing footage of the various contests. She had not used any Sith magic that her mother may have taught her, nothing to demonstrate a wellspring of power in the dark side. She had shown something else that had caught the Lady of Secrets' attention.

Determination and adaption, those most useful of traits for a Sith to possess at times.

She had summoned the girl to her chambers on Dromund Kaas, and was waiting expectantly for her. She idly wondered how the girl's family would react that Darth Arcanix had taken an interest in their surviving daughter.

Alina made her way into Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf 's office, still hugging her cloak to herself. She didn't want to be recognized by any who might wander through the halls on her way to the Sith Lord. What indeed would the Lady Treminu think of this failure of a daughter moving into the presence of a Sith Lord of such renown and power. If Alina wasn't being targeted for assassination after her show within the Trial of Strength, she would be for this embarrassment.

As soon as she made it into the chamber the young Acolyte dropped to a knee and bowered her head. All manner of terrible things came to mind on why she was here. Perhaps her mother had requested assistance from the Sith Lord? The idea of being experimented on brought a cold sweat to the back of her neck. "I have answered your summons, my Lord. What will you ask of me?"

She didn't say anything at first as the girl arrived, her back to her as she had shifted from her chair to the window to look out upon New Kaas City, she merely wanted to study her in the Force more closely. She could sense her worry, her fear, her resentment. All very good, emotions that could be forged properly into a unique example of Sith. She could also feel the girl's connection to the Force was not strong, lacked the intrinsic ability for Sith sorcery, admittedly it was rather muted in a way... now that could be interesting.

"Please, take a seat, Acolyte Treminu," she said, gesturing with her hand at one of two chairs across from Taeli's desk. Once the girl had done so, Taeli turned to regard her with physical senses. Physically fit, no doubt of that, especially after her display in the acolyte contest. Good, everything would provide for a lovely parallel between the two. One of many.

"We are still awaiting the arrival of one more acolyte before we get to the reasons I have summoned you here," she continued. "However, while we wait for her, I was intrigued by your performance in the recent Show of Strength and to hear your account of your time in the ring among your peers."

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin

4bfdcf8cce648a2e9eac12dee441d61418944fd4.png

//: Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf //: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru //:
c5327e896b5239f4acc801e919aa9af95112f846.png
Time heals all wounds.
That's what they say, it's what she was told over and over again. After two years, she was still hurt. Things had gotten more manageable, but everything around her reminded her of them. Even the scent of her pillows after all this time still smelled like them. Everything hurt, physically and emotionally - Noelle had made things more comfortable; even when Quinn didn't want to eat, the cake was offered.
Cake made everything better. Seeing Ashin helped as well, but neither would fill the void left by Spencer or Vesta. It happened too quickly, too much in succession. Sitting up, the Echani girl stared at her surroundings and remembered she had returned to the Empire only a few weeks prior. In her hands, she held the stuffed cat that Noelle had made for her. A part of her hated it, seeing the resemblance of the form Vesta would take when the pair would go to a place Vesta couldn't be. Yet, on the other hand, Quinn cherished her sister's gift more than life itself.
A thumb brushed against the cat's knitted face, and she sighed softly. Nothing felt right anymore, but being summoned by someone like Taeli Raaf, you didn't ignore. Quickly dressing, the Echani girl who usually had the air of undying confidence wandered to where she was told to go with a coldness about her. She was tossed from one Master to another, yet as much as Quinn knew Taeli was necessary to get stronger - she didn't want her; she still wanted Vesta.
She entered the room obviously late, but she didn't care, and the evidence of how she felt was on her face. She was a princess, after all, and she acted like it. Upon entering, a pair of amber eyes locked upon the straw-haired woman that sat in front of Taeli. What was the meaning of this? Was she to share her Master with another? Instantly the flare of emotions came from the late Queen of Eshan's child.
The jealous streak that Spencer was known for was apparent to at least one of her daughters. Looking at Taeli, the girl demanded quickly.
"Who is she?"

370d9lz.png

Another acolyte? Alina's gaze faltered at the mention of another soul to compete against. Perhaps that's what this was. Her mother might have petitioned Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf to have her killed. And this other acolyte could very well be the murder weapon. No one would look twice at a failed acolyte being killed by their betters. Her mouth felt dry as she nodded. "Yes. I put my all into winning."

Not dying, more like. That's why she'd been sent there. But she couldn't tell her master that. Complaining would only get her in more trouble if her mother found out. Hearing the door open certainly made her heart drop. It was true. Another acolyte was here. She chanced a glance towards Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin , but didn't look long. The tone of voice, demanding who Alina was. This wasn't going to end well for her at all. She kept her face blank, to her credit. Showing fear would only make this all worse.

But she couldn't hide the slight tremble that had formed in her hands.

A smile tugged at the corners of her lips as she sensed the feelings in Quinn. A maelstrom of emotions cycling through jealousy, abandonment, bitterness, longing, hate... yes all very good. The princess was used to getting her way, her name and rank assuring what Vesta and her own command voice couldn't at times, and now she was left listless. It was at least a courtesy to Spencer, her memory at least, and to a lesser extent Ashin after she had helped teach Taeli a long time ago, to train the girl.

It certainly didn't mean she was going to make it easy on the girl. Nor did she Alina would either, her declaration that she strove to win was a good sign.

"At last. Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin , meet Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru ," she stated. Alina would know the Varanin last name, many in the galaxy knew it, especially Sith. "I have decided to take both of you as my students, and that will mean many things for you. You will work together on tasks I assign, compete against each other to gain my favor or to undermine your rival. You will be allowed the freedom to develop your own skills and contacts when I do not have time to devote personally to your educations. You will have access to my network, company facilities, credits and equipment."

She leaned forward, hands clasped together on the desk.

"It will be a grueling experience, but in time and through your experiences, you will both will become powerful Sith within your own right... and will be able to attain the power and influence you crave."

The last was more for Quinn than for Alina, but it was the truth. Alina's wants and needs would need to be coaxed out of the girl more, but in time she would know all of them.

Quinn perked an eyebrow as she looked over towards Taeli. The woman was strong, and she could sense it, but also she knew what position she held within the Sith Empire. Any Acolyte would be proud to have the woman be their teacher, but Quinn saw it as a challenge. Mainly because there was another, amber eyes shot over towards the other girl, and she scoffed. The small tinge of fear that lingered along Alina’s force presence was quickly picked up by the Echani empath. It was only enforced by the slight tremble that the girl picked up.
“She’s to be my competition?” Quinn turned her head from the girl, wandered over to Taeli, and continued evaluating the situation. She was the type of girl that always got what she wanted. By using the name, her parents had used to strike fear into the galaxy or by her former Master Vesta’s name. Dating a Zambrano had its perks, but that wasn’t what drew the Echani girl to her former lover. Quinn knew this was a bad idea; how dare Taeli think that she would play this game.
“This is ridiculous; I refuse to work with her on anything.” Arms crossed, despite everything, the girl was still a spoiled princess, and it showed. Her nose turned to the air as she scoffed once more. “Do you even know who I am? I am above this game you’re playing, Taeli Raaf.” The child knew little of respect; growing up, she was above everyone and coddled by her mother. Quinn Varanin never fought for anything and gained everything.
“I suggest you dismiss her.”

370d9lz.png

Varanin? She was to work with a Varanin? The name rung in Alina's ears in such a way she could feel her heartbeat quicken. This was someone who actually deserved to learn from Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf . If she was anything like the rumors of her mother, Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin would be a force of nature well beyond what the young Tremiru could even hope to achieve. The reality of her being a stepping stone for their master's true apprentice settled in. Her mother truly wanted to make sure her brother would take control of the family.

Though that fear was short lived. The absolute arrogance her fellow acolyte came into this room with lit something deep in her heart. The arrogance was a reminder of her own families treatment. How they constantly belittled her. Reminded her of her failures and unworthiness. The trembling hand now clenched into a fist of anger as her yellow gaze lifted to now glare at the girl beside her. No, they were both acolytes. And if Alina was supposed to be a stepping stone, she'd make sure someone this arrogant couldn't step on her without tripping and falling on her face.

"Sit down and shut up. Our master is still speaking." She turned her gaze back to Taeli almost immediately as she spoke. The bit of courage born from anger quickly faded as she heard her own voice. Better to look away before she shot herself in the foot.

Taeli let her silence at Quinn's outburst and Alina's response linger, amusement coloring her presence in the Force. She had expected the young Varanin to be resistant to the idea of sharing her master with another. That royal upbringing and the pedigree of her name... yes, she would be a difficult student at the beginning, but Taeli had a trump card that would draw her in. As for Alina...

It was good to see that the girl had a response to arrogance like that. Those underlying feelings of hate and anger towards her mother and family in general were a spark that could be blown into an open flame in time. Lady Tremiru did not understand what her daughter was, not that Taeli fully grasped it yet, but she had an inkling. If true, the girl would be an exceptional agent against other Force users and a path to another power for the Lady of Secrets.

"I am well aware of who you are, Apprentice Varanin," she replied quietly. "Daughter of Spencer and Ashin, a princess of Eshan, an acolyte of Vesta Zambrano... and all of those things are coattails you ride on. You believe that everyone and everything should please you, but what have you done to deserve that treatment? What power do you have to compel obedience?"

Purple eyes turned to amber in an instant she glared at Quinn. The room would chill immediately as she really let her full presence be felt by both apprentices, shadows crawling across the surfaces of the office.

"You have no identity of your own, no power of your own. To the dark side, you are nothing. To the Sith, you are just one more apprentice with a famous name that could be useful in time or not. So if you think you can dictate terms to me, you are sorely mistaken. I did not say you have to like working together at times. I did not say you could not backstab or disrupt your rival's success to make yourself better in my esteem."

Her attention turned to both. In some ways, her last statement applied to both girls in front of her. It was a painful lesson for students of famous families to realize; that their name alone would not elevate them without the power to back it. One couldn't go crying back to their parents and be taken seriously by any Sith, even one like Quinn. Ashin could very well be a threat, but she would also recognize what Taeli was doing. The truth hurt.

"You will sharpen each other... and in that regard, you both will face each other in a beginning test of skill. Whoever wins will receive a reward, the loser will be forced to watch as I instruct the winner in a power of their choosing."

Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

The outburst from Alina caught Quinn off guard. She wasn’t prepared to hear the spineless one suddenly grow a spine. Her thin lips tightened as she took a step towards the seated girl, preparing a tongue lashing that would make the girl return to the quivering hand shaking she was doing earlier. Before Quinn could unleash the fury that burned in her chest, Taeli Raaf drew her attention.

For once, the Princess shut her mouth and listened. Each word struck her where it would hurt the most. The confidence Quinn was so proud of having shattered for that instant as she started to close into herself. Shoulders relaxed and sunk as her head did as well. Eyes stared at her black shoes, perfect in their care, just like Quinn. She was a kept porcelain doll by her parents and by Vesta as well. Never to be harmed, never to feel pain or the reality of the galaxy.

Taeli finished humbling the girl, and small fists shook at her side. Quinn felt the fury that ignited the temper her mother was known for. Her chest hurt, holding everything in, she wanted to scream, to do anything that made the hurting stop. Emotions were uncontrollable, and Quinn bit her lip, trying to not explode on the spot. How dare this woman talk to her the way she did. Who did she think she was? Just because she sat in the place as Master didn’t mean that she could tear down a Varanin.

Quinn felt the blood rushing to her face while tears welled in her eyes. She wanted to draw upon the Force, wrap its influence around Taeli’s throat and strangle her - take the last breath from the woman who thought she knew better. Quin knew she couldn’t, though; before she could even draw enough power to do what she wanted, the Sith Lord would have her on her back.

Knowing when to fight was a skill Ashin drilled into her daughter’s head, and Quinn did her best to calm the boiling sensation of her blood. Eyes flickered towards Alina through the curtain of perfect platinum hair. If she couldn’t destroy Taeli at this moment, she would focus on eliminating the other. Exhaling, the red-faced Echani lifted her head and stared straight at her new Master and walked forward, taking her seat.

“Don’t act like you know me. You know nothing, and I will see to it that your throat is crushed underneath my heel when I’ve learned all that I need from you.” Fingers brushed her hair behind her ear as she looked away from both women showing a sudden disinterest. “As for the simpleton beside me, she won’t be around for long - I hope you don’t get too attached to her Master. Arrogance still dripped in her tone as she gave Taeli a small smile, one that was eerily similar to the one her mother would have given the woman during their fight.

370d9lz.png

Oh, if she could have a heart attack and die right now Alina wouldn't be more pleased. This was the absolute worst way for her to make an enemy. Of Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin no less. The only saving grace was the fact Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf tore enough into Quinn that she didn't last out at Alina. Though, the more she listened, the more surprised she felt. No, it wasn't what Taeli was saying that made her feel so surprised. For all of Quinn's arrogance and superiority, Alina found herself now staring a girl who's whole life had been defined by her relationship to her parents.

Alina only watched Quinn for a moment before she tore her gaze away and looked back at their master. No, she couldn't afford to feel pity or companionship to the girl who should be her rival. Not if she wanted to keep up. A grimace formed at the mention of a test. As she was now, Alina had no hope of winning. Of beating Quinn. Her grip tightened again as she lowered her gaze. Stepping stone it was.

Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Her humbling had evoked the proper emotions in a proud girl like Quinn. The girl felt humiliated and angry; she wanted to teach Taeli a lesson she was sure, but she was smart enough to know she couldn't do it herself and against Taeli directly. Which of course meant poor Alina was going to be on the brunt of the Echani's rage as a way to both show her superiority over the blonde and to try and strike at Taeli. Excellent. And the smile... yes she was definitely Spencer's daughter.

"The path of the Sith is not easy, nor will I make it so. You must earn every scrap of power you claw to yourself, every piece of influence must be won and guarded jealously. So, if your desire is to crush my throat under your foot... that is the way of the Sith. If, by the end of your training, you feel the same, then by all means, challenge me. It is the way of the strong and the weak will be pruned. Until then..."

She let it hang there as it would surely be felt by both girls all too well. The weak served, the strong ruled. Apprentices craved power, Masters held the power. Quinn's path to being a Sith Lady, a Queen of Eshan, whatever she desired would inevitable run through and over people and her arrogance would serve well in viewing them as tools and guilt... the girl would never feel guilt, she was sure of that.

Alina would be different though. A whole other tact would be needed, but she could foresee how that would come about. The girl wanted praise, wanted to escape her family's shadow... and that created resentment deep down. In time, Lady Tremiru would realize what a mistake she had made in casting aside her daughter. The Force was not always about outward expression, sometimes the most insidious were internal applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom