Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Master Characters?

Alright, so I have seen it happen every so often, but mostly its from the people who already have a Master account, of them creating new characters *or in my eyes new* and everybody is a-okay. I don't see any approval process for a transfer *though it could have been done through PM or on Skype* and I was just wondering if someone already has the Master Rank, are they allowed to make a Brand New character at the Master, or even Knight rank, instead of making them at the apprentice rank?

I know that since I have been here for a long time, that I should probably know the answer to this, but I was just curious and didn't want to assume.

Thanks.

Evasion Studios
[member="Nickolas Imura"]

Far as I can tell - they aren't brand new characters in the sense that they have never been written. They seem to be characters pulled from previous boards, and transferred over. I've seen plenty of writers with Master accounts make new characters starting at Apprentice level.

Its been done nearly a dozen times Nick, kind of a way around the whole you have to start at apprentice thing as the Admins dont want to deal with the whole situation because if they didnt allow people to just rank transfer to a new character imagine how many people would actually kill off their characters... the answer would likely be only Jedi ever.

[member="Darth Atrophia"], Thank you.

So Brand Spaking new character, have to start out as an apprentice. But transfers of one character of a board, to a different character on this one is okay as long as someone approves it.

That's the gist of it. I'm not sure how the board handles people simply renaming their characters to bypass the promotion process, though I don't really see how it would be beneficial to avoid it.

Just to make sure that it's doubly clear for anyone else, if you transfer a character from one board to here then you'd provide a list of threads and "promotion" links to the administration, providing vouching from others as necessary, and the person responsible for handling your transfer will decide whether to accept it or not. (Note: this does not mean you can transfer a padawan character as a master, the ranks stay the same). You can do this in the requesting rank titles & renaming thread, and presumably in your character bio page in order to get the transfer approved prior to changing rank tags (Have seen this done before). I would tag an admin in the case of the latter.

Regarding transferring the rank you've attained from one character to another, it has to be a situational thing.

Obviously the existing character would have to be entirely removed from the picture ie dead, and the new character would have to match the standards set for characters.

In moderation I don't see the harm since you are replacing one character with another. However, contact an admin before you go ahead so they can review your new character and ensure it's suitable.

Abigail

A
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

*ahem* I can vouch for your words, but at the same time, I'm confused at this "new" development I have seen being noted here... let's say Reaku dies somehow and his spirit completely takes over a new body or something drastic like that, think the new body could in theory replace him in my account?

Just wondering because I've toyed with an idea like this, but stopped myself because of lack of knowledge and a more constant internet access... and the worst thing is... I got kicked from my house recently because of some idiot getting high and dancing on my roof in the nude, then the cops coming and condemning my place... soo yeah, I dunno if I can even do this idea at this point.

Abigail

A
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

I asked about it when I made this character here, at the time I was seeking to RP this character more than I did before, so yes, it was a transfer, but not from a forum that is like this one.

Abigail

A
Yeah, and I guess my time away and constantly losing muse didn't quite help with my goal either. One goal I know I failed at, and that was to stop forgetting about the character, as that is what made me not able to play as him much before transferring him here.

Liliane

L
Valiens Nantaris said:
However, contact an admin before you go ahead so they can review your new character and ensure it's suitable.
Yet which administrator is the one that should be contacted? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom