Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Girl

The Eternal Queen
Feena Mason opened her bright silver eyes for the first time in quite a few hours. She said nothing, simply stared at the ceiling. It was difficult for her mind to assess what actually happened just a few hours ago. She remembered pain, but pain was not new. She remembered blood. Her blood.
Her eyes flashed to the I.V. bag next to her, slowly pumping red life back into her veins. That seemed about right. She had bled a lot. Of course she would receive blood from a donor.

But what next? Feena reached down. The baby bump was gone, in it's place, a new scar. Emergency Cesarian section. Wonderful. Well, that made sense. She remembered being cut open.

In fact, the whole situation was a little more dire than she knew. She'd died on the operating table once. Second time she'd died in her life. She was sicker than she knew. Was still sick. And nobody knew why.

And the baby? Little Celeste was sleeping soundly now in the nursery, getting all the attention she could get from the staff. And on the subject of staff, where was she even? What hospital? Obviously it was a hospital of some kind. It was too big to just be a medical ward of a ship, and it looked far too nice. So where?
Her eyes scanned the ceiling. Something familiar about the tiles. The equipment, that logo on the side of the scanner... Familiar.

Sanctuary. I'm in a sanctuary. This one is... she glanced out the window, mind working at half speed, ...Adarlon. I helped build this one personally.

The room was large. Larger than the others. She hadn't requested a birthing suite. Certainly not the best room they had. But here she was, recovering in luxury. The Archon smiled weakly. They gave her the best room, no doubt, because they owed their jobs to her.

It took longer than it should have for her to wonder where @[member="Keter"] was. She hadn't seen him, and she knew he would never miss the birth of his child. But then, he could be curled up asleep across the room and Feena would not be able to see him. Rolling over required an effort that she just did not have in her.

Keter

The Renegade
Keter never slept. He had gone beyond the need for sleep. He had grown accustomed to shutting down however. His eyes were off, and he was sat as still as a statue in a chair in the corner of the room. He had been watching over his wife until the sheer data overload began to glitch out his eyes, and he had no choice but to shut down to permit his eyes to scrub their immediate memory. The blond was still aware though, his force senses gently waving around the room like tendrils. The renegade did not sense the consciousness returning to his wife's body, exhausted as he was. Following the emergency birth, he had done what he could to aid the doctors in stabilizing is wife's condition. By the force, it had hurt.

As always, all he was able to do was rob her of the pain she felt. But that did mean they were able to operate on her without painkillers to complicate matters. Small mercies he supposed. Still, he had felt his wife's pain, and had taken a chance to rest alongside her. Soon, she would grow strong again and resume her duties. Soon, she would be a mother to Celeste.

The Eternal Queen
She stayed in a state of half consciousness for a while, eyes scanning the room, trying her best to make sense. She still could not manage to roll over and every time she tried the pain was excruciating. She knew that surgery on the abdomen always came with a long, painful recovery- she'd operated on enough people to know that. It was just, well, embarrassing to be in the same situation. She was Feena Mason! Archon of the CIS, and rumored to be the best healer in the Galaxy! She was famous! A celebrity!
And now the "Galaxy's best healer" was in a hospital bed, absolutely miserable and too sick and weak to do anything about it.

She would say she was glad that nobody she knew or worked with knew about her pathetic state, but the problem was, she went into labor in her own office. No doubt the rest of her staff were keeping tabs on her. Of course they would have heard about this disaster of a birth. And she would never be able to live it down.

And it was at that point that realization finally hit her. She wasn't pregnant anymore. She had a baby. A girl.

Now where was she?

"Celeste," she managed to moan, trying her best to sit up, and failing miserably, "Where is... my baby?"

@[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
The minute the words left Feena's mouth, Keter's eyes flickered on, faint power coursing through his brain and bringing him to full wakefulness. He smiled weakly as he forced himself to his feet and stepped over to his wife's side, reaching out to hold her hand gently. She was so weak. He knew the pain she had gone through. knew how drained she was. But she was strong. She would heal.

"Rest, my Queen," he said softly, stroking her hand as he looked down at her. "Celeste is safe. They just wanted you to be back to your full strength before bringing her back to you," the blond explained. He stood there for a moment before continuing. "And of course, she already has Barnabus and Slevin standing guard over her......uhm.....we may have some paperwork to fill out before you both can go home." That sounded nice. Yes, much better than saying that the duo had practically barricaded themselves in there with the little girl the minute she had been separated from her mother. As far as those two were concerned, she was their family too. Of course, now the hospital staff were engaged in a makeshift siege, trying to take little Celeste to the cribs with the rest of the newborns, but Barnabus was keeping her safe in the small side room just through one of the doors in this one. Celeste would never be far from her mother.

All three of them had taken that vow.

The Eternal Queen
Her head hit the pillow again the moment her husband was at her side. She felt like she was dying. Every little movement took such an effort that she nearly felt out of breath just reaching for her husbands hand.
Pathetic.

"She's safe? Bring her to me," Feena panted, "I want... to see her. Now."

She was so used to giving orders, especially in a hospital setting. Anybody else would scurry away to do as she told them. She sounded so authoritative, even in such a weak state. But Keter was stubborn, probably more stubborn than her. And he was tone of the few that could say no to her without fear of irritating her.

"Please, Keter. I just.... I want to see what she looks like."

@[member="Keter"]

Things were quite a blur for the young Mandalorian known as Isley Verd, for in the span of twenty four hours a mountain of stress had been loaded upon his shoulders. To say that the young man beat himself up over the turn of events was an understatement...for the one time he left the side of the Archon, she ended up having an emergency, surgical procedure to birth her child and nearly lost her life on the operating table. Isley learned this fact whilst traversing the wasteland known as Tatooine: a simple voyage in order to grow closer to the Force and to further explore the growing maturity that defined him. This time of training came to a swift and abrupt halt was a transmission entered his helmet, sent from the Adarlon Sanctuary, bearing news of the arrival of the Archon...and it was not good. It was then that Isley desired the power to fold the very fabrics of time and space so that he could be by her side in the blink of an eye, but Hyperspace travel would have to suffice. One hop, skip, and splash later, his vessel surged forth into the orbit of the planet and he began descent to the surface.

Normally, landing procedures were not a source of stress nor aggravation for the Mandalorian. In fact, they were simply things that caused him to shrug with indifference...but today he found himself yelling at the ground controllers and filling the public channels with every single profane word in the book. If it were up to him, he'd have landed his starfighter on the roof of the Sanctuary and sprinted down, but oh no he'd have to go the long way. Finally, he was cleared to land a significant distance away from the Sanctuary and the journey over was undertaken on foot. He got their as swiftly as possible, and shoved open the structure's doors with angst and purpose. "Where is Archon Mason's room?" he growled. He was promptly led, following a few more intimidating yells, up the lift and into the ward where his beloved friend and superior was recovering. Worry knotted up his stomach and sweat beaded in his palms...and immediately, he regretted leaving her side all the more as he silently opened the door to her room and stepped within. Meekly, he reached up and removed his helm, then offered a smile as the nurses began to rush out of the room in order to fulfill her request.

"H-hey there Mrs. Mason..." he said softly, "How are you feeling?"

@[member="Feena Mason"], @[member="Keter"].

Keter

The Renegade
Keter's red eyes immediately swung to the new arrival. Mandalorian. Armed. Unhelmeted. He could feel his sabers in his hands before the man smiled at Feena, and the blond relaxed, leaving his weapons on his belt. Of course, as a high ranking member of the CIS, his wife would have some sort of official guardian. There was a spark of jealousy in Keter's heart before he smothered it. Feena could take care of herself, and if she had wanted him at her side, she would have asked him to be there. The blond nodded at his wife. "I'll go fetch her immediately," he said softly, kissing her forehead before moving towards the exit, stepping past the mandalorian.

The Eternal Queen
Feena couldn't quite make out who was walking into the room. She hadn't asked for visitors. She gave her husband a look of confusion before the man spoke and it finally hit her. She still wasn't use to seeing him without his helmet. She was about to make introductions, but her husband had already kissed her and was on his way to fetch her daughter. She was just going to have to introduce the two later. Assuming she didn't pass out from the pain before then.

"Isley Verd," she sighed, "I have to say... I am not surprised to see you here. Always only a step behind, even when you don't have to be."

She managed a smile, trying very, very hard not to look half as miserable as she felt.

"So, what are you doing here? You are off duty, soldier. You know, you had no obligation to come visit me."

There was but a grunt of acknowledgement as the husband strode past with urgency in his step, and once gone the Mandalorian stepped forward. A soft smile formed upon his lips as the Archon pointed out the fact that he always was one step behind her, in all things. Of course, he was still beating himself up over the fact that he had missed the birth and was only just now arriving. Nonetheless, he did not speak a word of his thoughts as he came to a halt beside his dear friend. "Can't call myself much of a friend if I didn't at least come for the arrival of your new princess..." he said simply. "Training in the desert isn't worth missing such an occasion, y'know?"

@[member="Feena Mason"].

The Eternal Queen
She managed a smirk. That was miles better than she'd been able to do earlier. Little by little, she was starting to gain, well, herself back.

"Heh, I guess that's true enough. Honestly, I haven't even met my Princess yet. I don't know how much you heard, but it was a... difficult process, to say the least."
Just getting Feena to admit that should make Isley feel like her closest friend. She never liked to admit weakness.

"So... I guess you should meet my husband, shouldn't you? You only got to see him for a second there. I think you'd like him. He's... nice."

This would seem terribly awkward if Feena had the ability to feel awkward about anything. She was feeling too groggy and a little drugged up to feel much of anything at all.

Keter

The Renegade
Keter strode down the hall momentarily before turning right to the closest door, nearest to his wife's room. The door slide open and he stopped and stared. He sighed and tapped his eyes to make sure they weren't glitching. Nope, what he was seeing was real. "Barnabus....no. Just no," he sighed, shaking his head. The man looked up at him and at least had the sense to look embarrassed, whilst Slevin frowned.

"But...you wanted her safe," the towering clone pointed out, to which Barnabus nodded his agreement.

Keter sighed and shook his head. "Well yes but...honestly? This is overkill."

Barnabus' shoulders sagged as he stood up from where he had been manning the tripod mounted anti-infantry weapon. "We silenced it you know, not to wake her."

The blond shook hishead. "If Feena found out about this...tidy it up. All of it!"

"Yes sir," muttered Barnabus dejectedly, pulling out a wrench to begin dismantling the various weapons he had set up. Slevin was hovering protectively over the cradle as Keter moved up and gently reached in to gently lift his daughter, smiling broadly.

"Time to meet your mother...Celeste," the blond whispered, carrying her out as his retinue set to making their efforts of the past four hours vanish before the Queen of the CIS learned what they had done to one of her rooms in her Sanctuary...

When Feena cracked her smile, the young Mandalorian found himself grinning too. He did indeed feel honored, especially since he knew that she worked herself to the point of collapse on Utapau...and didn't bat an eye nor ask for any assistance aside from nursing staff to swab sweat from her brow. That said, for her to even admit that something was less than easy came as a surprise; but Isley didn't comment on it. Instead, he nodded and claimed one of the unoccupied seats in the room. "I heard that you were having an emergency birth and dropped what I was doing...I do believe the Tuskens are grateful for that." he joked, setting his helm upon his lap. Then, in response to her comment regarding her husband, he simply nodded. "Sure, it'd be a pleasure to meet him."

@[member="Feena Mason"].
@[member="Keter"].

The Eternal Queen
If she could laugh, she would have. Shame all she could do was smile.

"How are things? With the Confederacy? I'm not missing anything, am I?"

She had no idea what was happening. She'd only been out for about 24 hours, but everyone knew that she took her job seriously. She hated being out of the loop, even for only a few hours.

Keter

The Renegade
@[member="Isley Verd"] @[member="Feena Mason"]

Keter stepped back into the room, holding his daughter and smiling softly. She was still sound asleep, and the blond wished to keep it that way. His wife's visitor was still in the room, but Keter paid him no mind as he approached Feena, slowly offering her Celeste. "Here is your Princess, Queen," the blond said softly, his eyes fixed on his second daughter.

When the question was posed, Isley damn near dropped the bomb on her...but demonstrated restraint. The simple fact was, there was a time and place for everything; and telling the Archon that she was now one of the top three leaders of the Confederacy was not exactly news to break immediately following childbirth. But...then again...Feena Mason was a woman addicted to her job and there was a large possibility that she'd find out in the next ten minutes by other sources; and then wring his neck for not telling her first. He sighed softly and took a moment to see the newborn as Keter walked in. She was cute, of this there was no doubt, and Isley even cracked a rare smile in response.

"Aww, she's adorable." he said, before looking to the Archon. "You...erm...haven't missed much...Aside from Genesis going off the deep end and dropping Lucrehulks on the Atrisian homeworld. He's umm...kinda sorta...nuts...and is going to stand trial for treason and war crimes soon. So yeah...since you've been out...you've become one of the Top Three in the Confederacy, alongside @[member="Sophia Walsh"] and @Nocturno..."

There, he said it...now to brace for the nuclear explosion...

@[member="Feena Mason"].
@[member="Keter"].

The Eternal Queen
She only had eyes for her baby now. The girl was tiny, but not nearly as small as Felicity had been. No wonder she had problems. She reached out to touch the silky black hair on her head, her rosy cheeks, soft hands. She held her arms out to take her-

"What?" Feena hissed, wrenching her attention from the sleeping baby, "What!?"

Her eyes snapped to Isley, narrowed, ready to hear his laughing, explaining that it was just a joke. Nothing. No explanation. Just that look on his face. Her hand went immediately to the I.V. needle and she pulled it from her arm without a wince. Blood pooled on the crisp white sheets.

"One day. Can I have ONE day without a mess piling on my desk?" she snapped, next pulling off the sensor tracking her pulse. The steady beep faded into a low continuous tone.

"Isley, help me up. I'm leaving," she snapped, trying and failing pretty badly to struggle out of bed," Also, You're being promoted. You're my second in command now. Congratulations, I am sure you will do an excellent job. Keter- I'm hiring you on as my personal assistant. You're first task? Inform Sanctuary staff that I am being discharged early."

She spoke fast, not wanting to hear the protests from her husband, or Isley. Recovery was going to have to end now. She could sit at her desk with an I.V. in her arm is she needed. One perk of the medical field was self medication. She was going to stock up on painkillers for the next few weeks. She was going to certainly need it.

"Move. I've got a mess to clean up."

@[member="Isley Verd"]
@[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
Keter took his daughter in one arm, placing his free hand gently on his wife's chest and pushing her back onto the bed. "No. You need time to rest and heal. The CIS won't collapse due to you not being there to micromanage everything. That's why you have lieutenants - to take care of things in such situations. Besides, Celeste needs her mother. As does Felicity," the blond reminded her, staring levelly at her silver eyes with his own red.

@[member="Feena Mason"]
@[member="Isley Verd"]

The Mandalorian understood that the Archon was the sort of person to take charge of things, even at the expense of her health. Hell, on Utapau she had worked herself to the brink of exhaustion in order to heal as many wounded, including the former Grand Marshal, as possible. However, this tread would be paused today; especially if Isley had anything to say about it. "Mrs. Mason," he began, his practically a growl, "I say this with all due respect...and as your friend. Lay the kark down and recover. The Confederacy is not going to fall apart in the absense of the Grand Marshal. Sophia Walsh can handle keeping the Viceroys together whilst you focus on getting better. You have a newborn child to faun over and your body to think of; the CIS will be fine."

"Furthermore, if I'm your second in command, then simply give me orders from bed. You know I always follow what you say to the letter; after all I've been your teammate for...what, over a year now? And have I killed anyone in your presence?" with that said, he folded his arms expectantly, then repeated himself for good measure. "Lay down, enjoy your child, and call me on comm with your orders. I'm going to Bothawui in your place, and this is not up for discussion. Mr. Mason, make sure she doesn't leave; and make sure the Sanctuary staff is aware that she is in no condition to leave, regardless of her orders." With that said, he turned on his heel and strode out of the room, closing the door behind him.

@[member="Feena Mason"], @[member="Keter"].

The Eternal Queen
For the first time in a very long time, Feena Mason was... speechless. She could not even get the last word in. While she was struggling to process what Isley had just said to her, he had turned on his heel and left. Just like that. When the echo of the door sliding shut again finally faded, Feena found her voice again.

"...I seem to be out voted on this issue," she sighed, accepting defeat with as much grace as she could manage.

She was weak still, and would not be able to hold her without help, but this was important. For all of them.
With a sigh, she pressed the emergency call button, motioned to the I.V. and let a nurse stick the needle back in her arm.

"When was the last time she was fed?" she asked nodding towards the sleeping infant in her husbands arms.

"About two hours ago," The nurse replied, finding a vein and poking the needle through her arm again, "I recommend you get rest though, Lady Archon."

"I recommend you go check on your other patients," she immediately shot back, "Once I get some blood in me again, I will be just fine. Now go."

@[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
@[member="Feena Mason"]

Keter nodded his thanks at the Mandalorian as he swept out of the room, turning to his wife and offering her her daughter. "You've been overworking yourself lately Feena. Take a break. You've earned that much. Besides, if you avoid home any longer, Felicity will forget your face," the blond pointed out sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom