Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Faction: The Deathwatch

Ori'Alor Tal'Verda

Leader of the True Mando'Ade
Hutuun'Kyramud said:
For the record, a Sith Lord has historically already done that, I.E., Darth Maul in the Clone Wars. Thus your reasoning for resorting to other tactics in a one on one duel is rendered irrelevant.
I know, weird huh, it's like I'm trying to learn from the past!

Ori'Alor Tal'Verda

@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member="RC 212"]

Are you really going to let this Dar'jetii speak for you? Are you seriously going to let him use you? He's a Sith of the Empire, put it together

Alliera Nakamura said:
@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member="RC 212"]

Are you really going to let this Dar'jetii speak for you? Are you seriously going to let him use you? He's a Sith of the Empire, put it together
Pot, meet kettle.

I'm only doing this to make a name for myself 'round these parts. The Empire is completely un-involved here. I like to think of myself as a crafty little blighter, so I've taken it upon myself to advise RC and help the Death Watch take over Mandalorian space. Ultimately, my advice is just that: advice. RC is still the leader of the Death Watch, and his soldiers take orders from him, not me.

Dont let this argument become personal. Im just here to have fun and throw a wrench in the works. Of course the sith empire will not let us have totall freedom but hey its a fun plotline.
Alliera OOC I have nothing against you, its all just IC.

As far as Tyrin goes I asked him to be my adviser as he has some good ideas and I like my faction as a whole to vote on what we do as a whole. I dont rule like a dictator contrary to popular belief.
Just have fun what unfold will unfold!

Ori'Alor Tal'Verda

Then Why didn't you tell me you were doing this? We could have worked together to do something awesome.

but you just pull out of the mandos, create your own faction, and pretty much promise to back up an invasion of Mandalore...yeah, we got past the appologizinhg stage a long time ago.

A 'den

The Demolition Expert with one brain cell.
Hutuun'Kyramud said:
All of this is ridiculous. Kyr is leaving permanantly from the Mandalorian Sphere. He shall now be the Godly Beskar Warlord of the Tusken Tribes.
Bye @[member="Hutuun'Kyramud"].

Everyone could argue the semantics all day, but realistically even a Mandalorian with the grit to become Mandalore is not going to defeat a Sith Master blade to blade or blaster to blade. That would be handicapping her strengths (gunships, armies, and battlefield tactics), and playing into his strengths (master level saber and force powers).

Her decision made sense.

I'm curious to see how everything plays out though between mandalorians and deathwatch. :D

Her decision made sense only on a very pure and cold logical level. It made zero sense in the "saving face" way. I dunno, but if I was playing a Mandalore and someone challenged me I wouldn't back down, hell how can the Mandalore back down and still keep face? Or if she was so unsure that she could defeat him she could have appointed a champion to do the fighting?

I mean come on it doesnt take a genius to figure out that you can have an epic duel thread where you make sure that your loyal retainers see exactly how far you are willing to go to keep the Mandalore title. She might not have won, but she would have definitely kept her pride and the loyalty of her people. In all seriousness no Mandalorian would accept a Sith as Mandalore, so she would have lost nothing. To me this whole thread was a test of the Mandalore's nerve and she lost in in five seconds flat. You just cant justify calling in gunships to wipe out someone who has come to challenge you in a one on one duel and claim the title of Mandalore in the same breath.

So yeah, Like I said before.

Worst Mandalore ever. :p

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
But this implies Mandalore has to be a title passed by a duel. Do you know how often that actually happens in canon? Rarely. If ever. I'd like to point out that most of you are pulling this assumption from another board as a tradition you all commonly saw, and share... a tradition that I, as the player of Mand'alor, started, to appease people and give them something to do. That's right. I instituted TGC's circle of equals for the title. It wasn't even canon.

I'm not going to lie - you're all holding on to this frivolous concept that it must be earned in an honour duel. Hint: the title of Mand'alor is as flighty as the mask it once belonged to. That mask is gone. It's just a title you get for killing a person. Assassination is canonically viable, as is handing down the title to a successor in one's Clan, or by fighting it out in a circle of equals. Or just blow up their ship's bridge. Who cares. Just take it if you want it.

That's what Im saying, Apparatus could have been denied the title after the duel too. It isnt neccesary the title changes hands afte rthe duel, her loyalists could have rejected Apparatus even if he won the duel. But to run from the duel itself? And call down armed Gunships?

What Mandalore in canon would have turned tail and fled when a challenger emerged and challenged him/her in front of her own subordinates?

I think none.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
Let me point out that a Sith can rightly claim the title of Mandalore. So long as they have the strength of arms to back it up, they will have the title. Yes, Mandalorian people will revolt. However, if they lack their own strength of arms to take the title, it rightly belongs to the Sith and the Mandalorians deserve the defeat. It's actually that simple. You cannot just 'deny' someone the title. They have full right to claim it provided they best the current Mandalore. To take it from them simply requires besting them in whatever way one sees fit.

That is kinda debatable. End of the day its a faction and the faction decides who leads them. An outsider cant just lay claim to the title of the leader if none of the faction wish him to lead.

Also I think you are avoiding my point. Which is the Mandalore running away from honorable combat, in front of her peers. Hell any one of them ought to challenge her now that they know she flakes this easy.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
Technically there is no hard or fast rule stating that a challenge has to be accepted. If the challenge is turned down, then nothing prevents the challenger from just shooting them in the face. There's a loss of honour, sure, as a Mandalorian by rights shouldn't back down from a fight, but that could also lead to an escalation to a higher form of combat, IE warfare. Maybe it could've been handled better, but from reading this thread the entire situation could've been handled better by all involved parties. I think, all things said and done, things work when examined from the right point of view.

Also, the Mandalorian culture supersedes the faction; if such were the case, the Deathwatch faction would not be allowed the 'Mandalorian' tag. It's not just a case of one faction any more - there are two discrete factions vying for power in the same culture.

(also what up fellow beer baron ;))

Yeah ill grant you that, Apparatus is also pretty notorious for not handling things correctly, I guess it all escalated in a stupid manner. I was just miffed being a former mando player myself so I figured Id chime in.

The whole Deathwatch and Mandalorian thing is pretty nifty though and its cool that we have both on the board.

(Still chugging all the beer old friend, Ah beer barons...those were the days :D)

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
I declare anyone who thinks this has been handled poorly take it up with a blaster to Mand'alor's face and do it the proper way. :p Argument solved! Why argue semantics when you just have to do one thing? One whole thing. Take out the boss. If you can't do it on your own, get an army. If your army can't do it, get a bigger army. If you can't do it then, you're probably just wasting your time.

Done and done. Someone get on it. No whining. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom