Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Faction For Witches?

And users of magic alike.

Now, i might be wrong...good chance that i am. But it seems to me that a lot of those who practice such things are not really around like that aside from like...a small handful. Nightsisters, the Witches of Dathomir, and ect seem to have few numbers compared to the massive amounts of bounty hunters, crime lords, sith & jedi.

On the slight change that i am not wrong however, would anyone be interested in revitalizing a dying culture? Frankly i feel like the idea of a large witch-like faction would be pretty cool and add some twist in the galaxy. Imagine a bunch of barely dressed tatted up girls dropping out of a ship and into a battle and start reeking havoc on fools with their supernatural mojo.

I dunno, thought it would be really neat. It doesn't even have to be just like its predecessor. Could take an imaginative and innovative leap forward where instead of living in a forest somewhere and huddling around a campfire chanting they can take an more modernized approach. Even spending a lot of time developing new spells with varying effects. Who knows, honestly the possibilities are endless and it would be awesome if the idea actually got off the ground. Although a lot of the magic used by the Nightsisters was derived from the planet itself, i'm sure it won't be to hard to find some way around that. Could always make a new planet nearly identical to it after all.

Lets see some support for this yall. Could be so exciting.

But this is just my two cents. Maybe there is a reason a lot of witches are not around that i'm not aware of xD.

Cheers ladies & gents. Let the discussion....or debate begin.

[member="Winter Sovereign "]

I'd defiantly join if Ren wasn't such a loner. Nevermind, he'd have to be a witch. On another note, this sounds cool and all... but I feel there are already cults existing groups like it.

Veino Garn said:
A lot of them are in with the Mandalorians, as far as I am aware.
Yeah, i saw a witch aligned with that faction. Didin't know if there were others or not. And even if a lot of them are i'm not trying to take anyone away from the mandos. Just thought a faction of witches innovating would be pretty neat.

Gren Reaper said:
[member="Winter Sovereign "]

I'd defiantly join if Ren wasn't such a loner. Nevermind, he'd have to be a witch. On another note, this sounds cool and all... but I feel there are already cults existing groups like it.
I was looking at the other groups/cults and i did not see any that focused on the use of 'Witchcraft'. I know the Prime has like...a few witches but they also have dozens of other things lol

I saw that but i'm not really concerned with Mandolorian space or even the planet as much as i am uniting all witches and spellcasters from all walks of culture and life into a single faction. Nightsisters & others as well. Mainly because i see a lack of them. Not saying they are endangered, but i think they deserve their own spotlight.

Winter Sovereign said:
i am uniting all witches and spellcasters from all walks of culture and life into a single faction. Nightsisters & others as well.
Those are some very different groups. I don't think I'd even have much in common with witches of Dathomir

Not about one group. I mean i doubt the groups are racist or something towards one another since...they practice the same art. Thats also why i mentioned making a 'new' faction rather than just reviving a current one. Winter does not nessesarily fit in with a lot of factions but that does not mean she won't join up and see how things go. [member="Braith Achlys"]

Winter Sovereign said:
they practice the same art
The Witches of Dathomir, the Shamans of Yavin, and so on, all practice different applications of the force. It would be like calling Sith magic and Nightsister magic the same thing, because they aren't.

Never said they were the same and i also never said they all had to practice the same thing...i think you are missing the point of a faction based on the general concept of 'Magic'. Sith Magic, Shaman, ect. I'm not calling them the same, but they do share an idea. And thats the point.

Regardless. This thread/idea has gotten no where and no one seems very interested in investing support for it so it does not really matter at this point. Maybe later down the line someone more popular on the site will pick it up and get it off the ground.

@Winter Sovereign

Do what makes you happy.

If you can find a handful of writers, even if it is two, go out and start roleplaying. The more you roleplay, the more exposure you get.

If you want to do this, go forth and do so!

Kaileann Vera said:
@Winter Sovereign

Do what makes you happy.

If you can find a handful of writers, even if it is two, go out and start roleplaying. The more you roleplay, the more exposure you get.

If you want to do this, go forth and do so!
Thanks for the confidence boost. Cheers ^^

Limos said:
I'd create a character for this. Seems like fun especially since I never played a magic using character.
Go for it. I mean, a faction does not need to be instantly made. Things like this take time and IC development ^^ [member="Limos"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom