Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private New Faces In New Places

jeditemplebanner.png

Tag: Rahla Tis Rahla Tis

Z9U36lL.png

Within the NJO Temple, Ko was in his dorm studying. A warm light shining through the window and bathing the diminutive bonsai tree on his desk in its shine. The Kel Dor was sitting in his chair with his eyes closed. Floating before him was his lightsaber that was having its parts slowly being disassembled and reassembled telekinetically in a moving meditation. Spending a bit of his free time further familiarizing himself with his own weapon and the crystal that it housed.

However, a detrimental distraction came as he got a knock on his door before sliding open. Ko opened his eyes and looked over, breaking his concentration and causing his lightsaber and all its loose pierces to fall and scatter across the floor. The Kel Dor teen letting out an anguished gasp at the mess it created and knowing that he would need to fix his lightsaber hilt.

“Oh Dang, sorry Ko I didn’t realize you were in the middle of a meditation.” Said a human male padawan at the door. Who regretfully looked down in embarrassment. Ko’s shoulders shrugged some and he replied.

“... Well it’s alright, it’s not gonna be a hard fix.” Kel Dor said as he began to pick up the pieces and place them on his desk.

“Oh Phew good. Um I wanted to ask if you could do me a huge favor. I’m really behind on my assignments and studies. I gotta help a new padawan she’s supposed to be arriving shortly. But I don’t think I’ll hear the end of it from my master if I fail to complete my studies in time. Could you help a fellow padawan out? Please, I’ll owe you big time.” Hearing the explanation Ko rolled his eyes and let out a sigh. He didn’t need to worry as much about keeping up with a master’s lesson plan. At least not yet. So it wouldn’t really be an issue for himself.

“Yeah sure I can do that.” He answered and looked back at the fellow padawan by the door. Who quickly showered Kel Dor in verbal gratitude before telling him where he needed to be before rushing off to finish his assignments.

Later…

Ko eventually arrived at where he was supposed to meet up with the new arrival. A togrutan from the Silver Jedi. Other than that he wasn’t too aware of the newcomer he was about to meet. The Kel Dor teen simply waited around at the temple’s hanger to be the welcoming face of this new sect of Jedi for her. Even though the face he had was covered largely by a mask.

GADividerBlue.png

"Alright, okay. New temple, new people, new faces, new names, new personalities, new-"

"All this time and you still haven't learned to breath, my young Padawan." The voice chuckled just behind her. Of course he was here, just to make fun of her again. Or just trying to help her feel comfortable. She was honestly never sure. But.. It did bring a smile to her face. She glanced up, just as the spirit of her Master faded from view. He was always trying to help her out. But, once she was alone again, her smile faded.

He was still dead.

Rahla let out a sigh as she hopped down from the transport vessel. Her gaze drifted, scanning around for any familiar faces. There were none, of course, but it didn't stop her from trying. Nor did she see the human who she was told to meet to show her around. Her blank expression turned more to a frown as she crossed her arms and just.. Waited.

They'd better get here soon.

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

Fortunately for Ko he didn’t really need to wait around for very long as the transport landed within the hanger where he kept an eye out to see who stepped out. Catching sight of someone who fits the description. Female. Check. Togruta. Check. So it seemed like a pretty surefire guess that this was the new arrival he was supposed to introduce himself to.

Suddenly the teenage Kel Dor felt a little anxious. At this moment for this individual it seemed he was going to need to be the face of the NJO. Almost adding a sense of high stakes and pressure where there wasn’t before. What if he did a bad job and made the whole Order look bad with a bad first impression. Ko would shake away the doubts and concerns from his mind right now. She was already a padawan, and he probably just needed to be himself.

Finally Ko began to approach the Togrutan teen and gave a little wave with his hand as he did so. “Greetings and welcome to Coruscant!” His voice carried with it a positive tone through his mask. “Sorry my friend couldn’t make it here to greet you. I’ll be filling in for him instead this afternoon.” Ko explained, not too sure if she might have been expecting someone else or not.

“Oh and I’m Ko by the way. Ko Vuto, and I’ll be helping familiarize you with the temple and getting settled. It can be a bit daunting but the structure still doesn’t get used a whole lot.” He said before offering her his clawed and leathery hand to shake with hers. Trying to be polite and courteous to the newcomer. “How was your flight here? I hope it went smoothly for you Miss…” Just then Ko realized that he didn’t actually know the Togrutan teen’s name.
“Uh Sorry I never actually heard your name.” He felt like that was an embarrassing oversight on his part.

GADividerBlue.png

Someone approached. At first she paid them no mind. A Kel Dor was certainly not a human, and she needed to meet the human who was supposed to show her around the temple. She figured he was either here to get on the ship or was just passing by or something. Except then he started to talk. To her. And wave. What. Unfortunately for Rahla, and unknown to her at that, when she got nervous, she glared. A facial tick that she couldn't help.

So she glared right at Ko, silent as can be as she tried to calm her nerves. She was expecting a human, but the human didn't show up? What happened to them? Did they get hurt? Did they not like Torgruta or having to show a newbie around? Her gaze shifted as he offered his hand. A handshake? She could do a handshake. That was manageable! Just reach up and take his hand and shake. Not too hard, though. Or too soft.

Running through just how she should return the handshake had her just.. Not. She didn't take his hand, and the glare didn't fade. Instead she looked away. People were difficult.

"Rahla Tis. It's good to meet you." At least her voice sounded sincere. "Where to first?"

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

Ko was somewhat mildly worried that she didn’t shake his hand and rather looked away from him. Had he already offended her or was this more so just how togurtans met new people. With icy glares and keeping their hands to themselves.

When she replied and gave him her name, Rahla's tone sounded more sincere and she didn’t sound upset with him. Because of this Ko was a little less worried about having offended her, and that was just how people like her greeting others. “Rahla Tis…” Ko repeated to himself before adding. “A lovely name.” He complimented before continuing. “And to answer your question I figured we’d be heading to the temple court yard first. Since it’s closest to where we are now. I thought we’d hit key areas and features of the temple along the way to your dorm room here.” He explained to the fellow padawan. “So I guess without further ado I guess we can start heading there now.”

Ko began to walk and lead Rahla away from the hangar to the direction of the temple's courtyard. She seemed rather small, but then again he was pretty tall himself when compared to his good number of fellow padawans it seemed. Well except for Rosalina who had a pretty mighty stature. Looking back down at Rahla he asked. “You’re from the Silver Jedi right? I personally haven’t really gotten to know anyone from that order. I figured how I’d ask how things have been going lately for the Silver Jedi allies?” The thought made Ko wonder for a moment. That he might be the first member of the NJO Rahla to meet, and she was the first person from the silver Jedi got to me. In a way it was a little funny how things could play out like that.

GADividerBlue.png

"It.. Is a name."

A lovely name? She couldn't say she'd had someone say that, but the Silvers were more.. Older. No one talked to her that way anyway. Or complimented her. Or maybe they did? Her brow furrowed as she walked alongside him, her glare only worsening as her nerves took over further. Silence was mostly her answer as she walked with him, listened mostly to his plan. It was a good plan, a good way to show her around.

"I.. Don't know. After they fell I've kind of been on my own for a while. The ghost of my Master told me to come here."

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

The teenage Kel Dor was quickly noticing Rahla’s seeming lack of expressiveness. Ko’s mind raced a little. Not really because he was concerned or worried. More so just thinking, and wondering if perhaps she might just be anxious and shy now for finding herself in a new environment with unfamiliar people. He felt that way too when he was little and got recruited by the NJO from his homeworld. Or perhaps this is just how Togrutan people conducted themselves and that this was just a natural state of being for them.

Then she mentioned how she was on her own for a while and was told to come here from her late master. “Oh… My condolences, it must not have been easy.” Ko simply replied, not sure what else to say as he continued to walk her to the courtyard. It was a bit to unpack. Maybe he just assumed she was in a similar position as him and didn’t have a master. Not that they were a ghost now, but it must’ve been nice to still hear from them after becoming one with The Force.

“But I think you’ll enjoy your time here, and we’re still all Jedi at the end of day so it shouldn’t be too unfamiliar for ya.” Ko added, keeping a positive attitude. Soon enough the pair of padawans got to their first destination and stepped outside into the courtyard. In it there was a young and healthy Uneti Tree.

“Welp, here we are in the Temple’s courtyard. Folks come around here some for meditations, reflections and training with instructors and their pupils.” Ko explained some to Rahla looking down at her again. Even though she had a more cold demeanor that some might find a little off putting it didn’t really bother him. He didn't know anyone else like her to compare and contrast. Glancing back at the tree in the courtyard Ko noted, “The Uneti Tree was planted here as a sapling before I was even born. I think it was symbolic of us as the “New" Jedi Order.” Ko wondered for a moment if this was the second or third time there has been a “New Jedi Order” in the galaxy.

Last edited:

GADividerBlue.png

"Yeah."

It wasn't easy, he was right about that. Not that she was willing to talk more about it. She was here for a fresh start, so why would she start to talk about everything that had happened? That, and she was incredibly nervous to scare him off. He already seemed off put by her inability to talk. Why couldn't she just talk clearer!? Her glare worsened as she stared at the floor between them. She could do this. Have a normal conversation.

Thankfully he seemed more keen to holding it on his own for them both. It was relieving that there wasn't an awkward silence between them. And the tree. She blinked slowly, looking it over. All her time here, she hadn't seen much for plants. Coruscant was a concrete jungle, or something. Rarely a single tree.

She stepped towards it, gently setting a hand against it's bark. Just to feel the life within.

"It's beautiful."

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

Ko wasn’t super adept at sensing how others were feeling around him. His skills as an empath were largely directed towards animals years prior. But he felt like he was doing a good job by continuing to talk and not leave her in silence. He watched as Rahla walked past him and over to the tree.

Seeing as she approached the plant and placed her hand against its bark. Hearing her remark on its beauty. Ko nodded and stepped up beside Rahla. “Yeah, they’re Force Sensitive as well, and with good care I’m sure it could be here for a long while. A mutual symbiosis I guess. We’ll help them and they’ll help. Though in a more subtle fashion I suppose.” She was from the Silver Jedi, if he recalled correctly they were based around Kashyyyk. Ko had always thought it’d be cool to visit the planet someday himself. Maybe for some kind of outdoorsy mission about forestry and wildlife preservation.

“Are you a fan of the outdoors, Rahla?” Ko asked, looking back at her once more. “I do, and a good few folks might just wave away Coruscant as nothing more than a city with no more natural beauty. But I don’t really agree with that. Even out here it has its own unique ecology.” Galactic City is teeming with life outside of just its citizens. Sadly many of the lifeforms that called coruscant their home reflected the highly polluted nature of the planet. “Unfortunately however they’re not really the cute and cuddly kind most of the time.”

GADividerBlue.png

"I imagine all trees are sensitive to the Force. At least, more than a person would be." It was all a tree could have asides from just existing, at least for her. The Wookies on Kashyyyk used to talk about the great trees having a soul, or something like it. It made sense to her. She lowered her hand, glancing back to Ko with a blink. Outdoors? She nodded. Smiled, even.

"I prefer the outdoors, yes. Not the cities, though. I don't understand why people like to live like this."

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

A smile? Already that seemed to catch him by surprise a little. Ko smiled back although it was concealed behind his antiox mask still. Even if he didn’t need to wear it, nobody other than another Kel Dor could probably tell that he was smiling. Although he was never truly expressionless. He could actually understand how it feels to be seen like that to most everyone around him. Other than maybe his body language and mannerisms.

“I think it really depends. Some people really appreciate the hustle and bustle of cities. Some can be here just by circumstance as well too. Many can live their whole lives in the lower levels. It’s a big place out there in the capital, but even more so it’s really dense as well. Then you got other ecumenopolises as well across the galaxy as well and-” Ko stopped himself and paused for a moment.

“Um uh, sorry I was starting to ramble a bit I think.” He said and felt a little embarassed. He didn’t think Rahla would be interested in him talking about city planets and why people might live in them. “B-but it’s cool you like the outdoors too. I used to be more outdoorsy before I really got into the rank of padawan. Now I hang around the temple a lot more for studying.” The teenage Kel Dor brought one of his clawed hands up to rub the back of his neck before continuing.

“Uh speaking of studying, do you wanna head to the library here? It’s sort of the next stop along our path through the temple.” Ko asked to see if she wanted to continue moving along or not.

GADividerBlue.png

She tilted her head, glancing back towards him. He was embarrassed? Well, alright. That at least meant she wasn't the only one feeling nervous about all of this. He wasn't even the one who was supposed to show her around anyway, right? She let out a sigh before straightening up and nodding. "I do like libraries. It'll be nice to see where you learn so much from, right? Lead the way, Ko."

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

Hearing her words, Ko nodded back to her as she told him to lead the way. “Okay, well follow me right this way than ma’am.” He said once more in a more friendly tone before beginning to walk. The two left the courtyard and once more entered the temple proper.

Glancing back at Rahla Ko remaked. “So you like libraries as well, I’m sure you're gonna love ours. The Jedi Temple archives are about as state of the art as they come in the galaxy. It’s been a big help for me since really getting into the rank of padawan.” Ko explained some as they walked through the temple. Although it was a pretty imposing complex, a great deal of it is still in disuse. Personally the Kel Dor padawan imagined it wouldn’t be for two much longer. It seemed like the ranks of the NJO here are always increasing. That it might only be a matter of time until the temple is in full use again like it had generations ago.

Eventually the duo made their way into the library, the room opening up into a large hall lined with rows of glowing blue shelves full of information. Above which was a whole other floor as well with balconies to look down from and up to. Other members of the order with various ranks dotted the room. All for their own reasons for study or research. “Here we are, where a lot of students like us spend a fair amount of time.”

GADividerBlue.png

"I like the stories they hold." Maybe not the library itself, at least. She wasn't too sure, but she did imagine she'd find out once they arrived. And arrive they did. Rahla glanced about in silence, her blue eyes filled with an unspoken curiosity.

"It's.. Big."

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

Looking back down at Rahla he watched as she took in the sight of the room. “Haha, yeah it’s not like a few bookshelves here or there. The Jedi archives are a really good asset though. Especially if you don’t have a master to help you out with training…” After saying that Ko paused for a moment before feeling a little nervous again. Suddenly realizing who he was talking to. “Oh um, I’m sorry I didn’t mean it like that.”

Recalling how Rahla said that her master was one with The Force now he felt like what he said was pretty rude. He didn’t even think about that when he spoke, instead referring more so to himself for not having a mentor. One after saying that did he realize it could be applicable to her as well.

Ko looked away from her and into the room. Twice now he felt like he embarrassed himself in front of the newcomer. Then again this whole situation for him was pretty impromptu for him. “I just meant what I said in a more general sense. Not really in reference to you specifically.” Ko tried to explain briefly somewhat and not have it be overly wordy.

GADividerBlue.png

Rahla's gaze drifted down as she reached up to touch the pendant she carried with her. The last trinket she had of her Master. There was a briefly sad smile on her face, but she didn't let it linger. Instead she shook her head, glancing up to Ko as he tried to explain what he meant. That he wasn't trying to offend her. She knew that. He'd only been kind so far, so there was no reason for her to think otherwise.

It still made her upset, though. More than she wanted to admit to herself. More than she could bite back.

"It's fine." Her voice snapped more than she wanted it to. She took a breath, stepping away from him to instead look around the shelves.

"I like the library."

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

Ko got the feeling that she understood what he’d meant. But I also got the impression that it still upset her a bit as well. Which wasn’t something he blamed her for at all. The Kel Dor simply nodded before she stepped away and looked around the vast array of shelves around the library.

“Well I didn’t think it would disappoint when you said you like libraries early. Other than the great one I’ve heard about on Ossus I imagine ours here is gotta be one of the best in the galaxy.” Ko expressed some before adding. “Do you have a favorite subject or topic, Rahla? Cause I’m pretty certain there’s information and stories here about it.”

GADividerBlue.png

".. Stories." Fantasy stories, but she didn't want to say that. Part of her still felt embarrassed about admitting that. Especially with how she was feeling. Instead she looked through the holobooks, running a hand over the spines just to see what kinds of books they did have. A lot. There were a lot. So much more than she expected or thought possible. Not even Kashyyyk had this many. She let out a sigh, still frowning.

But she didn't want to be angry.

"What do you enjoy..?"

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

Ko had to think for a moment. What did he enjoy in regards to reading? Not something he’d given much energy or thought to before. Eventually though there was something that came to mind for him. “Um, Oh I like uh astrocartography, geography, that sort of stuff. Exploration as well and maps.”

Maybe that sounded a little underwhelming and a little broad perhaps. But Ko really liked learning about the placement of things around the galaxy and even locations on a more planetary and local scale as well as exploration and charting. Back when he was destined for the Service Corps Ko had hoped that he would be in the Exploration Corps. But that wasn’t really what happened for him and instead ended up more as a farmer instead. Although there were plenty of moments for him to itch that craving he had for exploration. Getting quite a bit of experience as outdoorsmen in forestry and conservation and he got to go to a good number of agricultural words.

“When I get around to becoming a knight I’d wanna pursue something that has a lot of traveling. But that’s still a ways away. Although it’s a good thing to have goals I guess right?” He asked somewhat rhetorically after explaining what he’d wanna do after achieving knighthood within the Jedi.

GADividerBlue.png

"Goals are good to have. A Wayfinder, then?" At least, that's what they were called in her stories. Map work sounded boring, but there were few Rahla would ever judge for what they enjoyed. After all, who wouldn't think it was weird a Jedi like her was up in fantasy land? She paused, let out another deeper breath. She was still calming down, but at least she had. He didn't mean to offend. That much she trusted.

"I think Wayfinder's a cool."

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom