Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New beginnings

uhBTsnq.gif

Equipment: Beskar’gram, DT-12 Blasters (2), Modified EE-3 Blaster
Tags: [member="Calixte Diantha"] | [member="Tyran Numeck"]

zeRbhch.png

The moment that Galaar’s and Cali’s new middleman contractor named the location of the clan, revealing to the man that the location had now been compromised, he knew that they needed to pack up and move things. Quickly. Having to leave the monastery, the place that his grandfather has established as an enclave away from the united clans so long ago, pained the man to his core. Yet, there was no telling how many more people other than that one, slimy, hutt knew where they were. Or if the other clans still held any sort of anger toward them for never joining the united front, still called them Dar’Manda even if they followed the code. Even if they didn’t, and there was only one person in this galaxy that knew where they were, he still wasn’t willing to take the chance and stay there. And since the first contract had not yet come through the middle man, hutt, just yet, there was time to do so.

Moving had been a simpler process than one might’ve thought. A single, beat up, old piece of empire tech was the main cargo carrier of their little fleet. A Lambda-Class Shuttle, the Free Light, was made ready for departure and had most all of the cargo loaded onto it, including the only two E-Webs that the clan still had available to defend wherever they decided to end up next. They rest of the cargo being foodstuffs, building materials, weapons, and a practically anything else that wasn’t nailed down. Whatever else wasn’t able to be moved burned in it’s place. There would be nothing left for anyone that would’ve meant to do the clan harm.

Ten Verd, eleven dala, and two ades packed into the Free Light, while Galaar and Cali loaded into his personal ship, the Roon’s Hope, and the what the clan had called home for three generations was left, burning behind them. They would have to find a new home, somewhere they could be safe once again. Until then, however, it would be back to the nomadic life. First stop, Malastare, would provide them enough fuel to be able to make it to wherever they would end up, or at least a resting place.

It took a few days to get from Hoylin to Malastare, in which time Galaar found that the crew and passengers on the other ship were beginning to acclimate to the nomadic life. The ades were beginning to learn how to sleep while on a ship, and even in the cramped quarters of the shuttle, they were able to still enjoy each other’s companies. Still, once they had landed at the fueling station city on Malastare, he allowed the group to all leave the shuttle, if they stayed on the landing platform. They could stretch their legs, enjoy a meal outside before having to pack back in.

Galaar, once they landed, grabbed three of the verd along with Cali, and started into the city to find a dealer for the starship fuel. While the beskar’gram clad walked throughout the small port, being a definite sight to see for those not used to seeing mandalorians in a group like this, Galaar let himself walk close to Cali, speaking softly enough that she’d be the only one to hear it. He gave her a little bump, then spoke. “I know I’ve probably said this to the point where it could become..annoying, but I appreciate your help with all this, Cali. And know that once we get settled..anywhere, you can take off, if there are targets you wish to pursue.” While sincere, he would be sad to see her go if this ended up one of the last times they saw each other for a while. He had come to enjoy the company of the redhead much more than many, but asking a favor like this, helping move an entire clan to a new permeant question, and so quickly, was not something he would ask from her for too long.

zeRbhch.png

Calixte Diantha

C

Tags: [member="Galaar Fett"], [member="Garryn Kilstor"]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having found out that this middle ground contractor that Galaar had drug Calixte into business with was nothing more than a slimy, no good, somewhat menacing slug, had not been nearly as surprising as it should have been. The part of it all that was surprising? The fact that the mystery location of the monastery was known, and that did not bode well for anyone involved. So when Galaar had said it was time to make tracks, get to his people, and get them the hell out of Dodge? That was something the redhead understood all too well and had eagerly agreed to help with. Not only did she agree to help, but she also made sure to contact one of the only other people she trusted well enough to help handle a situation like this.

While Cali didn't know if Garryn would help or not, as he had his own life (and problems, she was sure) going on, she did at least reach out and request aid in this very serious ordeal. From there it was on him whether he decided to show and assist.

But for Calixte, there was never another option. She may be ornery, and as flirtatious and teasing as they came, but with a matter this serious? There was no way in hell she would walk away. So she had gone with Galaar, and when they arrived she had pulled her weight with the rest of clan to get anything and everything that was possible to move, moved. Whatever it took, however they had to puzzle-piece things into place, it was done. And when it was time to torch the remains, Cali had rest a hand briefly against the back of Galaar's shoulder before she boarded his ship and settled in for travel.

Admittedly, she slept the second half of the trip to Malastare. She had done her best to stay awake, to keep up with conversation, but her body eventually gave out and she dozed until she felt the lurch of the ship as they made their approach to land. The redhead had then taken the time to get up, stretch, get herself woke up, and then she was following along not quite behind Galaar as they made way to find a fuel supplier.

A scoff escaped her though, once she was spoken to. "As if I would turn tail and leave." she let out, though kept her tone lowered so that the conversation remained between them. "I figured that if I was a part of the dismantling and moving process, I might as well be a part of the unpacking and rebuilding process too." she shrugged a shoulder and her tone went lofty. "Unless of course you want me to leave..." Somehow she didn't figure that was the case.

Malastare

Garryn sure did have his own life, and he definitely had his own problems and there seemed to be an increasing amount of them these days. Having a close friend that was a Zeltron, and a particularly feisty one at that, who had difficulty controlling her pheromones was not an easy relationship to maintain, especially so after getting drunk together and waking up married. That was a scenario that he just didn't want to deal with right now and he couldn't stop kicking himself for winding up in that situation.

Lucky enough for him he had received a job offer from a much less troublesome friend that included a job offer helping some other Mandos relocate. It didn't sound like this particular group of Fetts had been loyal to the Mandalorian Empire or its leader. A year ago that would have bothered Garryn, but now that the Empire was a shambles of its former self the Mando'ade had to band together when and where they could. After landing his X-2 starfighter in a berth the Mandalorian made for the nearest cantina and got himself a stiff drink. What he wouldn't give for some tihaar right now.

He'd left Juniper back at her apartment in Dal'bor with the task of sorting out this marriage thing so he could come all the way to Malastare and do this job, it was something she hadn't been very thrilled about but that was how it played out. He was halfway through his drink when out of the corner of his eye he saw something he hadn't expected to see at all. Another Mandalorian entered the cantina but it wasn't one of the Fetts he was supposed to be helping, it was a man that Garryn had thought to be dead. The charcoal colored helmet turned towards where Garryn was sitting and both men made eye contact. Garryn stood up and walked over to the other Mandalorian who removed his helmet and revealed a face with some nasty new scars.

"Tyran Numeck." Garryn grinned. "Back from the dead eh?" He said as he embraced his friend.

[member="Galaar Fett"], [member="Calixte Diantha"], [member="Tyran Numeck"], [member="Anora Vahn"], [member="Juniper Weiss"]

Tyran Numeck

Mandalorian Supercommando
Tyran stepped into the threshold and scanned the area for the kind of illicit activity he was looking for. Somewhere in this hellhole of a spaceport was a deathstick dealer or spice smuggler who would be the first piece of the puzzle to figuring out who had set him up and put him in a world of pain for the last six or seven months. What he hadn't expected was to find a friend sitting at the bar. He and Garryn went back a long ways and in Tyran's mind there wasn't a finer starpilot in the galaxy than Garryn.

He laughed at his friends greeting. "Yeah if you can call it that, mir'sheb." Tyran grinned as he returned the embrace. "Drinking on the job?" He said pointing to the drink in his friend's hand. "You certainly haven't changed any."

They both walked over to the bar and Tyran filled his friend in on where he had been and what he was doing here on Malastare. As expected Garryn had his own job on Malastare helping a group of other Mandalorians relocate, which struck Tyran as odd, but then maybe they weren't part of the Empire. Tyran decided his personal hunt could wait a little bit. "Do you need a hand with your wayward Fetts?"

[member="Galaar Fett"], [member="Calixte Diantha"], [member="Anora Vahn"], [member="Garryn Kilstor"], [member="Juniper Weiss"]

Tags: [member="Galaar Fett"] , [member="Tyran Numeck"] , [member="Garryn Kilstor"]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This whole scour Malastare in an attempt to find whoever it was that had set Tyran up was a lot of work. Not in a 'why the hell are we even doing this?' sort of way, but they hadn't really managed to find a lead yet, and by now? Anora was ready to set things on fire. She had been joking about the concept when she had suggested it originally, but after two other cantinas filled with rowdy, handsy, mouthy patrons? Yeah, she was ready to ignite this whole damn place.

Yet she diligently followed along behind Tyran as they entered another building, and she damn near ran right into the back of him when he stopped for whatever reason. Her brow creased and she first stared at the back of his helmet clad head, then leaned just enough to see around him. The approach of another body wasn't entirely uncommon, but the fact that the two of them embraced left Anora more stunned than she had been in quite a long time.

"By the stars, there's two of them..." she groused as she stepped around Tyran and not only passed him, but this (to her) stranger as well. She could very vividly imagine what any good friend of Tyran's was going to be like, and if she was going to have to deal with that? Well, she needed a drink. A strong drink.

uhBTsnq.gif

Tags: [member="Calixte Diantha"] | [member="Tyran Numeck"] | [member="Garryn Kilstor"] | [member="Tyran Numeck"] | [member="Anora Vahn"]

zeRbhch.png

Galaar couldn’t help the soft laugh that came from his lips at Cali’s words, shrugging his shoulders in response, before leaning over and squeezing the forearm of the Mandalorian woman. “You know I want you by my side wherever, and whenever, we end up.” He gave her a nod, as caring as he could muster, then focused back on the task at hand. Meeting with a couple of Mandalorians in the port that could help them in moving the clan to a safer location. Supposedly Cali knew them, and as much as he didn’t want to admit it, he could use all the help he could get to make this new location as safe as possible.

One thing that he had come to realize was how out of touch with the rest of the galaxy he had become. While he had gotten around, most all of his jobs were by himself. There had been very little socializing outside the clan lately, so the list of known and trusted comrades that he could lean on in these ties. Even Careena wasn’t someone he necessarily trusted, even if he had pledged to help her if the time arose that he needed to. He was just thankful that Cali knew of some trusted helpers that could help them in this trying time.

And it didn’t seem like these were the types of people to be late either, as evidenced by the two mandalorian’s sitting at the bar of the spaceport that were quite easily spotted the second the group walked in. Galaar raised a hand and waved off the two other verd, allowing them to go relax as they saw fit while Cali and him conducted some business. Proceeding up to the pair of mandos, he took a seat next to them, bowing his head slightly as he spoke. “Su cuy'gar. I assume you are the individuals that are to help me move my clan?”

zeRbhch.png

Calixte Diantha

C

-----------------------------------------------------------

Once again a smirk lined Calixte's full lips, even if it couldn't be seen at the moment, though as always it could be heard in her tone. "Oh you say that now," she told him, amused. "Give me time."

But really by now, if neither of them had wanted her to be there? She would no longer be present and accounted for. And she certainly wouldn't have put in a request for Garryn's help for this task at hand. Moving a bunch of other bodies was not an easy task when it wasn't under pressure, and right now this clan was under pressure. Not only did they not have an immediate place to settle down, but there were some not so trustworthy players on the field as well. Hence the move in the first place. Thankfully, her request for help had been answered.

Going from outside into the cantina made the redhead straighten a tad. Yes, the armor warded off most unwanted attention, but that wasn't always the case since it was still easy to tell that beneath the armor, Cali was indeed female. It didn't take long to spot Garryn, though her walk slowed when she did so. "Aw look, he's made friends." she mused, indicating that she didn't really know who this other body - or bodies, rather. There was a woman hovering not too far as well - was.

Whatever the case, she slowed behind Galaar, and while he greeted the pair, Cali took her time to approach to let whatever formalities get out of the way before any sort of friendly scenes could get started and take over conversation.

Garryn shrugged when his friend asked if he wanted help with the Fetts. "Eh, I don't see it being too tough of a job. Just helping so fellow Mando'ade relocating, given the circumstances we're all in, we all need to stick together now more than ever. If you've got the time to help I won't turn you away though." He said as he downed another drink. He looked over at the woman that had come in with Tyran and eyed her over with an eye that was well tuned to assessing someone's fighting ability.

"What's with the skinny brunette? Looks like a soft breeze could knock her over." He grinned at Tyran. "I heard some rumors about you and a Jedi, personally I thought they were always a load of bantha osik, but looking at her...I'm thinking maybe they're true after all."

Before Tyran could reply the leader of the Fett clan that Garryn had agreed to help approached them and greeted them. "Well technically I'm the only one Cali hired, my friend showing up here is pure coincidence." Garryn said. "Tyran this is Galaar Fett, alor of Clan Fett. Galaar this is Tyran Numeck of Clan Cadera, brother of Yasha Cadera and one of the finest gunslingers the Mandalorian Empire ever had."

Tyran Numeck

Garryn's comment about the Mandalorians needing to stick together now more than ever was a puzzling thing to say but his comment about Anora made Tyran laugh. "Trust me it'll take more than a gentle breeze to knock her over, and yes she is a Jedi but she's not like the others. She's not opposed to some trouble making every now and then."

When the leader of the Fetts joined them Tyran nodded his head at the man. "I've got my own business to attend to on Malastare but if you need a hand I'm willing to help a fellow Mando in need, and you must be desperate to hire this lout." He said jerking a thumb in Garryn's direction. "So what's got you up and relocating? Wear out your welcome at your old homestead or just looking for a change of scenery?"

uhBTsnq.gif

Tags: [member="Calixte Diantha"] | [member="Tyran Numeck"] | [member="Garryn Kilstor"] | [member="Tyran Numeck"] | [member="Anora Vahn"]

zeRbhch.png

While the men were talking, Galaar made a point to nod down the bartender, ordering himself and Cali a drink. By this point he had memorized what her typical order was, or at least, he thought he had. It was hard to go wrong with Corellian Spice whisky, after all. His head looked up from the drink and to the other man when he mentioned not behind someone hired for the mission, looking over his shoulder toward cali for a moment to get some reassurance. He seemed to be on the up and up, however, even if Galaar did pause for a moment at the mention of the Mandalore.

When prompted to tell what kind of business their clan was dealing with, he decided to keep the details light, as there was no need for these men to have to get tangled up in their business too. Like he had managed to do with Cali.. “Well..lets just say that we’ve gotten tangled up in some very…unsavory business. And the homestead where we were..is no longer safe enough to raise the young verd in.” He gave a soft nod, taking a second to drown down the rest of his drink before looking toward the man that Cali had actually hired, tilting his head questioningly.

“What kind of business do you have here? I could bring a few verd…perhaps help you out some. You are kind enough to be moving my entire clan with me.” He asked, interested in the answer. Doing something like this was definitely not something he would typically do, but if they were going to be nice enough to actually help them, he needed to put out a gesture of faith to smoot over any hard feelings that might be lingering.

zeRbhch.png

Calixte Diantha

C

-------------------------------------------------------

Honestly there wasn't a lot of ways one could go wrong when ordering drinks for Calixte. She more or less enjoyed the burn from the alcohol rather than the actual flavor of the drinks themselves. Though while Galaar seemed to be catching the pair up on just why they were here, and why they needed the help, the redhead stepped up behind Garryn and placed both of her hands against his shoulders as she leaned in to speak to him. "So, this is how you accept job offers now?" she quipped, though was more amused than irritated by the fact. "Perch in some backwater cantina and drown yourself in alcohol?" she tisked at him and shifted to take a seat beside him. "That hardly seems good for business."

Something told her there were reasons for this drinking, but right now wasn't the time to press about such things. Not while Galaar was working on filling them in, and asking about this other guy's business.

"Any business here can't possibly be good business." she did at least add to the conversation. She may not know Tyran, but if they were going to recruit him and Galaar was offering their help in exchange, well then she wanted to know what they were going to get themselves into.

Tyran Numeck

Both Tyran and Garryn laughed when Galaar said he was tangled up in some unsavory business. "Unsavory doesn't bother us, it's pretty much our specialty." Tyran grunted as he finished his drink. "As for why I'm here, I took a job a few months back. It was pretty simple, just a quick job to eliminate a group of slavers but the intel I got was bad. There were more slavers than I had ammunition and they captured me and spent just over six months torturing me. My friend sitting in the corner over there trying to remain inconspicious showed up a few days ago and saved my sorry backside. After that I went to talk to the contact for the mission and collect on the bounty, because once I got free I burned that place to the ground, and after having some words with the man I found out I had been set up and that someone wants me dead."

He nodded for another drink. "The only thing he could give me was that the person was based here on Malastare. So I figure I'll make some noise around here and see what shakes loose. Gonna start with the smuggling cartels first and move on from there until I find who I'm looking for."

Garryn huffed. "Well I hope you find the guy who set you up, take him to Mustafar and dip his feet in a lava pool. That'll teach him." He said looking at Cali. "And before you say anything Red, he don't need my help going after the cartels. In fact if I was you I'd be pitching him a job offer."

He thumped Tyran on his armored shoulder. "She pays well and there's only about a forty percent chance she'll set you up to be killed, depends on her mood." He winked at Cali.

Tags: [member="Tyran Numeck"], [member="Galaar Fett"]

-------------------------------------------------------

A noise sounded in the back of Anora's throat, and she shifted in her seat so that she was better facing the now not-so-small gathering of Mandalorians. "Considering the work that went into saving his-" she gestured to Tyran, "backside the last time, I would appreciate any and all attempts being side tabled for the time being." she shrugged her shoulders after a moment of consideration. "I will eventually have to go do some training, so setting him up then would be alright."

Of course that wasn't at all true, but considering the company and the close knit between the different pairs, there was clearly a little room to tease.

She did find herself severely out numbered however, and as such left her teasing there and sipped idly at her drink just to keep herself busy and quiet once again.

uhBTsnq.gif

zeRbhch.png

“Only 40%?” he smirked, flashing a quick look to the redhead before looking back to the man with the business. It sounded like something like this could be worth it. Even if they weren’t paid necessarily, whatever these smuggler cartels could have could be worth stowing away on one of their ships. And even if it wasn’t in the end…it could still be worth building some good will with other verd.

Thinking this, he turned back to Tyran, raising a glass in the man’s direction. “Well…if you’re going after some slimy cartel members, I’ll be happy to lend a blaster to the cause. My people can stay here a few days while we clean up whatever unsavory business we might find ourselves firmly entrenched in.” With a grin, he downed the last of his drink, placing the drink back on the bar.

A thought came to mind near the end of his little speech, and his voice lowered an octave as he leaned back into the group. “Who would be running one of these smuggler gangs..it wouldn’t happen to be a slimy hutt, would it? I could go for a little..fried slug, at the moment.”

zeRbhch.png

Calixte Diantha

C

Tags: [member="Galaar Fett"], [member="Tyran Numeck"]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A shrug lifted both of Calixte's shoulders, and her expression became lofty as she spoke. "Forty percent seems about right." she replied, then smirked as she shift her gaze first to this other Mando, then to Garryn. Though having this other woman speak up caused her to lean so that she could see around the men and she loft a brow. Her fingers drummed against the bar top a time or two, then she looked back at Tyran.

"While I'm all for raising an armored hand to help out another of our own kind, but I have to ask and get it out of the way...." she made a gesture towards Anora. "Where in the hell did you pick up a Jedi willing to get their hands dirty?" It was a fair question, considering the history with Force Users, and one that made Anora stiffen and then shift in her seat to look at the gathered group. It was especially a valid question if the lot of them were going to get involved with Tyran's business - or if he was going to get involved in theirs, for that matter. Because it certainly seemed like the pair were a packaged deal in terms of business, and Cali herself wanted to be braced for anything when it came to it.

Tyran Numeck

Tyran shrugged his shoulders, he wasn't going to turn down help if another Mando was offering. "I can't promise any Hutts to fry, I only have a name at the moment, someone named Nogara, he could be a Hutt. Certainly covered his tracks like one because I can't find him in any of the databases I have access to."

When it came to the question about Anora he laughed. "I kidnapped her."

[member="Galaar Fett"], [member="Calixte Diantha"]

Garryn raised an eyebrow at Tyran and then looked over at the Jedi sitting in the corner. "Tion'jor? La garay va jivaor emuurir la cuyir teh naoagr ra mayen." Why? She doesn't look like she's from royalty or anything. Garryn switched over to Mando'a because he didn't want to upset the Jedi and get hurled across the bar by an invisible energy blast. She just looked like a regular girl who was down on her luck and he couldn't see why Tyran would have any need to kidnap her. "Lakrida a Jetii kumih jima cuyir e'yarala malhr. Gar narir bic de kak?" Kidnapping a Jedi must have been an interesting task. You did it by yourself?

Tags: [member="Tyran Numeck"], [member="Galaar Fett"]

---------------------------------------------------------

While for the most part Anora had been doing well to ignore this lot, even when she was directly questioned about, when there was a sudden change in language? That caught her attention. She frowned, and shifted around in her seat so that she wasn't just looking at the assembled Mandalorians, but she was halfway facing them now as well. The language barrier was a problem, one she was going to have to rectify if this lot were going to become common company.

The added fact that the last thing she understood from the conversation was that she had been kidnapped? Didn't help matters any. It made her rather defensive honestly, and her fingers flexed against the glass in her hands though nothing moved around the group- yet.

Juniper Weiss

J
This was not at all ideal. Juniper had spent quite a long while traveling, going anywhere and everywhere but Dal'Bor, and she had only just gotten home for what? A day or two? And now here she was traveling again. This time however, she had good, justifiable cause. Her reunion with Garryn had been interesting, for lack of a better word. It involved a lot of drinking, and a lot of stars only knew what else - Juni had an idea - and then by morning?

The mint haired woman bristled at the thought and made a sound as close to a grow as she was physically capable.

She had woke up a married woman. That in and of itself wasn't so bad, not really. Granted, her particular relationship with Garryn was complicated at best. But that wasn't the part that had made her fighting mad and caused her to catch a transport from Soceras to Malastare. No, what had caused that was the fact that once the pair had discovered they had tied the knot in their drunken stupor, her new husband had gotten a call to go and aid some friend of his. No time to talk about what had happened, no being there during the shock of the situation.

Nope, just a 'Stay here, we'll talk about it later.' and then he was gone!

So, now here Juni was, making her way through, and asking for Mandalorian sightings - not knowing that there was a whole group of them together at the moment. Nor had she realized that she had picked up a following in her overly frustrated and flustered state. But for once, Juniper was paying no mind to her own pheromone causing problem, and when she managed to locate the cantina that housed this particular group of Mandos?

"Garryn!" Jun knew the back of his head anywhere, and while some part of her was very aware of the fact that he wasn't alone - if the heads around him that turned were any indication - right now? Her focus was on him. Not the others, and not the increasingly creeping closer bodies that had followed her here.

Tags: [member="Garryn Kilstor"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom