Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Addition To NPC Unit Template

The following has been added to the NPC Unit template:

Quality: (What is the overall quality of your unit? This includes battle experience, training, equipment quality and leadership. The possible ratings from highest to lowest are: A - Elite, B - Veteran, C - Trained, D - Untrained, E - Rabble. Typical major faction military units are C - Trained. Higher quality units are usually rarer and smaller, and quality is not a guarantee of victory.)
This must be included in all future NPC Unit submissions. Current and approved submissions can be edited to include it but do not have to do so.

Note, the average is a C rating which is why stormtroopers and most regular forces would be classified. Higher qualities are reserved for smaller and more storied units.

For a small list of examples, please see below:

• A - Royal (Red) Guards
  • B - 501st Legion
  • C - Stormtroopers
  • D - Militia, Gang Enforcers
  • E - Civilian mobs, raw recruits

As always, Codex Judges have final say on quality.

If you have any questions please ask.

Vanya Lyekova

V
That list of examples is strongly telling. Can you add those canon references to the Template as well. I mean? Elite, Veteran, Trained, etc. These are good, but flighty. Having the genre references there gives me 1000 times the information and scale I need to pick a letter. Especially since I so often wear blinders when subbing and believe all my NPCs are the most LEET of elite ELITES. ...Elite.

2 cents. :D

I was just reading the unit template the other night and thinking something like this should be added. Glad to see that, randomly enough, it was. Love the way the systems on this forum work, so easy going, so convenient and sensical.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Is this an "overall" sort of thing, or is this in comparison to the general capabilities of a military's standing forces?

Like, Clone Troopers were vastly better than general Battledroids, but both were the "main 'trained' unit" of infantry for their faction.
And yet Stormtroopers, who were the "main 'trained' unit" for the Galactic Empire, were generally inferior to the Republic's Clone Troopers, but likely better than Battledroids.

And what do you get when a faction claims to only operate Veteran and Elite units of NPC's, and uses them as their standards for a "Trained Unit"?
What happens when that sort of faction makes a new "Elite Unit"? Are they Double-Elite?

@_@

Standards man. Standards.

What do they even mean?

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
I imagine they're broad categories, but supposed to be set against a universal backdrop.

I mean, even in the Empire you have Stormtroopers and the Imperial Army, both of whom were trained, but Stormtroopers were certainly superior. Certain groups of Stormtroopers would qualify for Veteran, of course. I'd say go with the description as the main way of differentiating.

[member="Captain Larraq"]
You're thinking about this too hard. Like everything, it's a universal set of standards.

Elite will be a very hard rating to obtain, almost no units will get this off the bat. Ordinary soldiers will get a C rating unless they have some sort of special training or experience. That is where the B rating fits in, for the vast majority of troops better than average.

oh man.... a "C" .....
3b3d4d959a9d6eaea249d8b30570dfbf.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom